VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Senior [v0.1.7] [Yc3k]

3.50 star(s) 13 Votes

Yc3k

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
@

Make the extra girls fugly so that you won't want anything to do with them. Maybe make them 500+ pounds and come through the door with a foot long sub in one hand and a gallon of pop in the other and when they enter the house shakes and she grabs the grandpa and drags him to the bedroom where you hear her yell Geronimo and then hear the bed fall apart and a scream for help and then you just walk out of the door.
As I've said couple of times already. It will not be mandatory for a player to pimp out any of the girls. So, there's really no need to worry there. That said, your post gave me an idea of an alternate ending for grandpa in case you didn't let him see any of the girls. Thanks...

Yc3k

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
Wow, super buggy mess with most variables either undefined or misspelled...

I do like the game though and managed to get the "update complete" message despite missing a few events, of course through heavy use of the console to squash those bugs...

Looking forward to the next version.
I realize that the last version was a buggy mess. I've released a Patreon only v0.1.3 in which most, if not all, of the bugs should have been fixed. The version will be public in a few days.

Yc3k

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
I've downloaded 0.1.2 (found on Patreon page). Is this the latest? It has a <'Image' u'/granpa_head/laugh.png'> exception and above I see it is fixed?
I've released a 0.1.3 version of the game which should have most bugs fixed. If you're not my supporter on Patreon, the version will be released to public by February, 16th.

I probably do things wrong. Haley says to visit here in the evening, but I can't find where that is. It is also unclear when the seduction route with Allison or Gracie starts. I'm know over a week in?
I may have made instructions a little unclear. You can find Haley in the school hallway in the morning, everyday. Or, in the afternoon but only on Tuesdays and Thursdays. That's when she has her swimming practice. ;)

I like the idea of this game. It is different. Hope the developer won't budge to much because generally that is when games go plain and not enjoyable. As said I found the grandpa thing funny but yes creepy also. But sometimes that is necessary to have sex :). Keep up the work and don't listen to much to players as the main storyline goes. If they don't like it, let them find a game they like. If you change probably other people won't like it and will be gone. In the end you will do the biding of the greater group and you won't like what you're doing...
Thank you for the support, mate. I am willing to listen to the community and make some changes if the majority thinks so, but in essence this will be done in a way I think is the best. I would hate to lose a players because they dislikes the way I do things but I will not change the game premise or plot just because someone dislikes it. I'm glad you understand.

I understand hating grandpa, he is a creep. But it is clear that he is useful for educating Ben and without that there wouldn't be a game. So from that perspective I like grandpa
It's not that I don't like the grandfather, I just think he came off creepy too soon. I think if that was toned down a little, it might help.
Maybe :). Now it is immediately clear that he is creepy so no confusion on the players part. But I can live with a toned down version if the developer decides that it is better. So long it is a rational decision and not forced by the players. In the end a work by an artist, writer or game developer doesn't become better if the majority of mostly non creative people gets to decide. That is at least my opinion :).
I have an idea for making grandpa less creepy. Instead of cutting grass for the teacher, at first, have the main character meet the grandfather first. Something like I don't know how to get this phone to work right, or something. This way, he can lends you one phone, and he has another. And then, maybe ask for some things, getting creepier, without being so creepy about it. Catching the kid at the window can help, too. Teach the kid some valuable lessons, and perhaps make things less creepy along the way.
Yes, the grandpa is a creep, but so is the mc. The whole premise of the game is the mc realizing he is a pervert deep down inside and grandpa helps him realize that, in some ways. I made the grandpa char a old pervert from the start so you basically know what to expect from him. You know that he's a creep, you know that he's a pervert and you know that he would bang all those girls if he had a chance. Now, the beauty of it all is, will you let him? I'm sure that there are players that will enjoy whoring the girls to grandpa and there are player that will not let him touch any of the girls. The way I see it, why deny the pleasure to either of the group?

In essence, it's a nsfw game that will contain lots of explicit materials so expect anything.

Yc3k

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
You might want to clean up your page before you get noticed by patron. Your game looks pretty decent it would suck if it got shutdown
Why do you think Patreon would shut down my page? I was careful not to put any explicit materials on the front page and the page itself is labeled as Adult.

If you have some information that I have missed, please let me know so I can fix it.

Yc3k

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
the events in the 1.2 versions don't make a lot of sense. the teacher talks about pics that she sent to the MC but no pic was sent, the best friend talked about how she kissed the MC to make him shut up but that scene never occurred in my game play. the dev should first make sure to have a coherent script.
The script is coherent, unfortunately the labels and paths in the 0.1.2 versions were not so there were many occasions that the story would skip certain dialogues or scenes making it senseless. I've worked really hard to fix all those problems in the 0.1.3 version and I hope I fixed them all.

U

User_10739

I realize that the last version was a buggy mess. I've released a Patreon only v0.1.3 in which most, if not all, of the bugs should have been fixed. The version will be public in a few days.
Great, will do another play-through.

Reactions: Yc3k

spitfire335

Jun 12, 2017
Thanks for the awesome update. Can't wait for mom in the next one!

xןʞ

I trolled so N7 could soar.
Staff member
Donor
Jul 19, 2017
Look at that big ass changelog!

bsjfan69

Oct 4, 2017
The description talks about princess and witch trainer, whose primary gameplay element is corruption, does this game contain any of this? I don't see it in the tags

nimsen

Dec 22, 2017
trying to kiss girl at the lockers it gives an error and the same when try to kiss the teacher so the game doesn't move forward...

Bob Belche

Apr 29, 2017
Tons of traceback errors still

"File "game/haley_seduce.rpy", line 57, in <module>
NameError: name 'haley_seduce_03_done' is not defined"
happens when you progress to being able to kiss haley

"File "game/claudia_talk.rpy", line 50, in <module>
NameError: name 'claudia_seduce_05_done' is not defined"
happens when you progress claudia's route.

Also for some reason if you progress Claudia to a certain point, if you talk to her at school she thanks you and you're instantly transported to her house. This triggers the previous traceback error if you've progressed her story far enough.

Reactions: Skorpionss

Skorpionss

Oct 18, 2016
Tons of traceback errors still

"File "game/haley_seduce.rpy", line 57, in <module>
NameError: name 'haley_seduce_03_done' is not defined"
happens when you progress to being able to kiss haley

"File "game/claudia_talk.rpy", line 50, in <module>
NameError: name 'claudia_seduce_05_done' is not defined"
happens when you progress claudia's route.

Also for some reason if you progress Claudia to a certain point, if you talk to her at school she thanks you and you're instantly transported to her house. This triggers the previous traceback error if you've progressed her story far enough.
Same problems I'm running into, here's hoping for a hotfix before next update
@Yc3k ^^

wwraith80

Sep 9, 2017
Early days I know and still a little glitchy, but I'm really liking the beginnings of this game.
Shows a lot of promise buds.
Keep of the good work.

TNT3

Sep 1, 2017
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/claudia_talk.rpy", line 50, in <module>
NameError: name 'claudia_seduce_05_done' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "claudia_talk.rpyc", line 42, in script
  File "C:\Users\tnt3tnt\Downloads\The_Senior-013a-win\The_Senior-0.1.3a-win\renpy\ast.py", line 1681, in execute
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
  File "C:\Users\tnt3tnt\Downloads\The_Senior-013a-win\The_Senior-0.1.3a-win\renpy\python.py", line 1794, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "C:\Users\tnt3tnt\Downloads\The_Senior-013a-win\The_Senior-0.1.3a-win\renpy\python.py", line 1788, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/claudia_talk.rpy", line 50, in <module>
NameError: name 'claudia_seduce_05_done' is not defined

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.13.2919
 0.1.3a
this when claudia affection 20

Reactions: Hajime
3.50 star(s) 13 Votes