VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Senior [v0.1.7] [Yc3k]

3.50 star(s) 13 Votes

Yc3k

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
Hey Yc3k!!!!keep up the good work!!the game is awesome and it´s going on the right path!!!Happy new year mate!!!Regards by the Zal man! :cool:;)
Hey Zal!
Thank you for your support. Happy New Year!

Cheers mate.

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
I thought the title was about the boy being a senior in school and not his stupid ass grandpa.
I think I already have enough gold that i'll never need to get any from him and I might be able to find other ways to bypass him on other stuff as well.

trumpthatbitch

Jun 23, 2017
Thanks, mate. I really enjoy working on this project and I promise you that I will finish it regardless of the number of patreons supporting me. So, just sit tight and wait for the updates, I'll try not to disappoint.
2nd update played to me as rushed and full of bugs. You mentioned setting unrealistic expectations of yourself and then struggling to meet deadlines maybe you should consider switching to per update model.

In any case best of luck on your game liked the intro 2nd update was sort of a mess hopefully you figure it out because there is a good game there.

Yc3k

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
2nd update played to me as rushed and full of bugs. You mentioned setting unrealistic expectations of yourself and then struggling to meet deadlines maybe you should consider switching to per update model.

In any case best of luck on your game liked the intro 2nd update was sort of a mess hopefully you figure it out because there is a good game there.
Second update was rushed because I was behind set deadline. I was behind it because I wanted to do too much in a short time. I've learned from my mistakes. That is the reason I'm testing the 3rd update for the last 2 days. I want to be thorough this time and avoid any mistakes I made the last time. Tbh, this is my first game and I'm still learning the curves, so please don't take this against me. I will get better as time and updates go on.

I was considering on switching to per update model on Patreon but have decided to leave it as it is. I don't want to make this project commercial. This game is my baby and I'm doing it because I love doing it, and I will probably continue updating the game regardless of the number of patreons on my page. I will share my work, but it will always be free for anyone that's willing to try it. If you like my work and have some spare cash then pledge. I will appreciate it, but I don't want to make this mandatory in any way.

Reactions: Centurion

Loveless07

May 26, 2017
Can you please specify for which character this happened? I know there was an affection/relationship bug for teacher char, but I've fixed that. Now if you found another one, please let me know where.
It's for the teacher character that does not increase the affection points. The relationship works fine but I can't seem to increase the affection it's stuck at 7 points. If you can release another update with fix then it would be helpful.

Yc3k

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
It's for the teacher character that does not increase the affection points. The relationship works fine but I can't seem to increase the affection it's stuck at 7 points. If you can release another update with fix then it would be helpful.
Hello,

I've fixed the teacher bug and will release the updated version today. I'll let you know when it's up.

Reactions: Loveless07

SirTwist

Nov 5, 2017
A couple, minor, suggestions. You could put the two different versions of mom in separate folders, and allow us to decide which we like to use. This way, we get the best of both worlds. As to the grandfather, I have a few ideas that may make things a little less creepy, and potentially turn off everyone from the game. First, have him as a sort of mentor, giving you some knowledge. You can "pay" him for that knowledge by using it for some ladies to go to him. These could ones that are extraneous, and not really part of the story. This, will, help with things. One other thing, is that he gives you stuff, you want to learn more, so you bring girl x to him, and he shows you somethings, and then you gain knowledge that way. Girl x is one of the extra girls I mentioned previously. It can be someone you mow lawns for, that can be lonely, and looking for some action. Last idea, on the mentoring thing, is that the MC learns the basics from his grandfather, but uses the internet, and perhaps a bookstore, or a library, or something, to flesh out what the MC knows.

Okay, I am pretty sure you may have thought of these, but just voicing somethings that may help with things. I was thinking, off the top of my head, of a few things. I might have more later on. Unless you have like 20 steps thought out, and perhaps even outlined, that are beyond what I might think of.

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
@

Make the extra girls fugly so that you won't want anything to do with them. Maybe make them 500+ pounds and come through the door with a foot long sub in one hand and a gallon of pop in the other and when they enter the house shakes and she grabs the grandpa and drags him to the bedroom where you hear her yell Geronimo and then hear the bed fall apart and a scream for help and then you just walk out of the door.

SirTwist

Nov 5, 2017
@myuinny

I was thinking maybe older, and perhaps a bit on fugly side. But maybe not 500 lbs. Maybe a bit larger, yeah. And three would most definitely do something to a bed.

U

User_10739

Wow, super buggy mess with most variables either undefined or misspelled...

I do like the game though and managed to get the "update complete" message despite missing a few events, of course through heavy use of the console to squash those bugs...

Looking forward to the next version.

Deadlyreaper

Nov 20, 2017
oh man again such a demo where you think when suddenly the menu is there WTF? that's all? nothing has happened yet
I can only hope that the next update is not so synonymous wonder it would not be währe me nothing new and let's see pb it comes to an update is already 4 months ago
and what should that always with the black screen to the text skipping ?? i mean 99% is anyway already text skipping why still constantly these black screens not only in this game in many others
Well let's hope the best and wait for an update

Blup Blup

Sep 14, 2017
I've downloaded 0.1.2 (found on Patreon page). Is this the latest? It has a <'Image' u'/granpa_head/laugh.png'> exception and above I see it is fixed?

I understand hating grandpa, he is a creep. But it is clear that he is useful for educating Ben and without that there wouldn't be a game. So from that perspective I like grandpa :). I probably do things wrong. Haley says to visit here in the evening, but I can't find where that is. It is also unclear when the seduction route with Allison or Gracie starts. I'm know over a week in?

I like the idea of this game. It is different. Hope the developer won't budge to much because generally that is when games go plain and not enjoyable. As said I found the grandpa thing funny but yes creepy also. But sometimes that is necessary to have sex :). Keep up the work and don't listen to much to players as the main storyline goes. If they don't like it, let them find a game they like. If you change probably other people won't like it and will be gone. In the end you will do the biding of the greater group and you won't like what you're doing...

SirTwist

Nov 5, 2017
It's not that I don't like the grandfather, I just think he came off creepy too soon. I think if that was toned down a little, it might help.

Blup Blup

Sep 14, 2017
Maybe :). Now it is immediately clear that he is creepy so no confusion on the players part. But I can live with a toned down version if the developer decides that it is better. So long it is a rational decision and not forced by the players. In the end a work by an artist, writer or game developer doesn't become better if the majority of mostly non creative people gets to decide. That is at least my opinion :).

SirTwist

Nov 5, 2017
I have an idea for making grandpa less creepy. Instead of cutting grass for the teacher, at first, have the main character meet the grandfather first. Something like I don't know how to get this phone to work right, or something. This way, he can lends you one phone, and he has another. And then, maybe ask for some things, getting creepier, without being so creepy about it. Catching the kid at the window can help, too. Teach the kid some valuable lessons, and perhaps make things less creepy along the way.

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
For me I'll just avoid him as he's not going to get shit from me so there's no reason for me to ever see the shit stain. Unless a quest comes up that will allow you to kill the shit stain or get the shit stain killed which would make his mom super happy to no longer have to deal with that shit stain ever again.

trumpthatbitch

Jun 23, 2017
Thanks, mate. I really enjoy working on this project and I promise you that I will finish it regardless of the number of patreons supporting me. So, just sit tight and wait for the updates, I'll try not to disappoint.
You might want to clean up your page before you get noticed by patron. Your game looks pretty decent it would suck if it got shutdown

rick87

Jul 16, 2017
the events in the 1.2 versions don't make a lot of sense. the teacher talks about pics that she sent to the MC but no pic was sent, the best friend talked about how she kissed the MC to make him shut up but that scene never occurred in my game play. the dev should first make sure to have a coherent script.

Reactions: Forgeshield

Yc3k

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
A couple, minor, suggestions. You could put the two different versions of mom in separate folders, and allow us to decide which we like to use. This way, we get the best of both worlds.
Although this is not a bad idea, to do this I would need to create a 2 separate sets of images and animations which in later terms would lead to a very large game which I'm trying to avoid as much as possible. But, nevertheless, I will consider it.

As to the grandfather, I have a few ideas that may make things a little less creepy, and potentially turn off everyone from the game. First, have him as a sort of mentor, giving you some knowledge. You can "pay" him for that knowledge by using it for some ladies to go to him. These could ones that are extraneous, and not really part of the story. This, will, help with things. One other thing, is that he gives you stuff, you want to learn more, so you bring girl x to him, and he shows you somethings, and then you gain knowledge that way. Girl x is one of the extra girls I mentioned previously. It can be someone you mow lawns for, that can be lonely, and looking for some action. Last idea, on the mentoring thing, is that the MC learns the basics from his grandfather, but uses the internet, and perhaps a bookstore, or a library, or something, to flesh out what the MC knows.
I seriously don't understand what's the big deal with the grandpa char. He IS your mentor and he will be instrumental for the game. One of the reasons is because he will be your major source of income in the game. Unless you will want to maw the lawns until your hands bleed. One form of payment will receive from him will be for the pics you send him. Which will be optional. Now, regarding the the girls you bring to him. As I previously said, this will also be optional. In other words, you will have a choice to "bring" some or all of the girls to him or you will have a choice to keep them all to yourself. In that way, I think, both worlds will be satisfied. If you don't like him, fine don't let him touch the girls, but he is still essential for the game.

Okay, I am pretty sure you may have thought of these, but just voicing somethings that may help with things. I was thinking, off the top of my head, of a few things. I might have more later on. Unless you have like 20 steps thought out, and perhaps even outlined, that are beyond what I might think of.
I really appreciate the input and would love to hear more of your thoughts. The outline of the story is set, but it is not written in stone and I'm always open to suggestions. If you have some ideas I would love to hear them and you can PM me, or contact me on Patreon anytime.

Reactions: rgnar62 and dbp5ca
3.50 star(s) 13 Votes