VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Senior [v0.1.7] [Yc3k]

3.50 star(s) 13 Votes

tsunku

Engaged Member
Nov 6, 2017
@

It's actually not as bad as it was the other day. They worked on it most of yesterday and today so that they could upload the fix today that fixed most of the bugs before they had to leave for a week.

There are not that many bugs left that they missed and some you do know about till someone hits it.

The Haley bug happens with the *You know,we always talk about you. You've never asked me anything. It might also be tied in with one of her seduce events that causes it.
i get really odd errors, haley_seduce_01_done not defined, yet it is hell it's even marked true haha now i'm getting claudia_seduce_05_done not defined, which is odd cuz i'm not trying to seduce her yet, these bugs are annoying cuz they make no sense, you check variables and yes it is very clearly defined yet the script obviously isn't reading them or something.

oops spoke too soon, i checked variables and the claudia one is not there at all, all it has is claudia_seduced=False
oh and one i noticed that blows my mind, claudia_toilet_handjob=True, when? how did i miss that?!?

tsunku

Engaged Member
Nov 6, 2017
heh bug found, had to create a variable for haley for haley_seduce_03_done=False, then it finally went thru to the kiss, but then i found the bigger bug, the variable is girls_kissed but the script looks for girl_kissed heh so of course crash.

tsunku

Engaged Member
Nov 6, 2017
man, gracie is a hard nut to even get a hold on. every day she's too busy, i can only talk to her in class, yea i get my relationship up and affection up some but it's at a stand still. her house it's always come by another day.

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
@

For Gracie
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

What version are you playing? v0.1.3b is the newest version v0.1.3a is the old one that contained a lot of errors in the new version a lot of them were fixed

tsunku

Engaged Member
Nov 6, 2017
@

For Gracie

What version are you playing? v0.1.3b is the newest version v0.1.3a is the old one that contained a lot of errors in the new version a lot of them were fixed
there's a lot of errors 1.3b too heh but most of them i figured out a way around them except the missing sound file, it's just flat out not there at all.
as for gracie i'm at relationship 60 and affection 20 and still not invited. i think i've hit the wall on the other girls, claudia, allison, haley, kinda lame the wall is just a kiss but oh well it's early version.

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
Have you tried seducing and chatting with her at school? I can't remember if it's with the talking or the seducing one. For me I got 57/15 for Gracie.

I only hit 2 Haley bugs one was her kissing crash and one was with her face getting stuck on the screen during area changes.

dbp5ca

Donor
Mar 13, 2017
still can't seem to seduce/kiss anyone though (error page) hit rollback and click "no" to continue only.
promising game though.
Are you going from a clean play-through of 0.13b? I found alot of the errors I was encountering went away after I stopped using my previous saves and just did a clean start.

tsunku

Engaged Member
Nov 6, 2017
Have you tried seducing and chatting with her at school? I can't remember if it's with the talking or the seducing one. For me I got 57/15 for Gracie.

I only hit 2 Haley bugs one was her kissing crash and one was with her face getting stuck on the screen during area changes.
haha yea if you go to her house before you get claudia's invite, you end up with their door or their door with haley stuck on it and sometimes it just crashes, annoying
for allison i could not advance until i changed one variable then suddenly it worked.

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
Same here when I started v0.1.3b I started a new game and threw the old saves away.

@

The Haley kiss crash I was referring to is the one where you go the seduce kiss and she kisses the player and right after that you hit a traceback.

I went to Claudia's house numerous times before getting her invite and never had a problem other then her being a bitch.

The one where her picture gets stuck is during the *You know,we always talk about you. You've never asked me anything. It might also be tied in with one of her seduce events that causes it.

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
@

Doesn't really need one atm. Just talk to the girls till you get them to 50 then start doing the seduce options. There are some bugs in the game.

Siphon

Aug 18, 2016
Pretty solid base so far. If this can avoid the renpy incest curse of 0.1 development hell then it might turn out good. I mean, I don't see the same generic faces that are in every other HoneySelect game, so he is putting some effort in there.

Reactions: WeRLegion

Krum13

Dec 22, 2017
Can anyone tell me how much I can do in this relay of the game. Because I think I was stuck, I got any values with the girls and just stopped any development except kissing and flirting there is no other, not to say almost everything is locked up, and how to talk to grandparents or mothers after they are gone

Deadlyreaper

Nov 20, 2017
omg what is that? I'm in my home from my room click what's the problem in thi version go to the map click this page not in this version Click here to rate this option not in this version i'll go to school click what tont this version the nights in this This is doc hein bad joke and then also that I am always asked if I want to do
something you are sure that you want to do that ???? HELL YEAH THEREFORE I CAN DO THAT DAMMED AGAIN, it seems like a very ordinary and hardly anything to do can hardly talk to anyone visit the two other houses not now or I get the door to crack the motivation to play the fame is real not high and if I already read that
there are almost only bugs, then one loses a lighthearted if I remember quite the previous version was a lot better n there was not as fucked as here

yeah grat i load the new version from the game and on the same place again an error

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/claudia_talk.rpy", line 60, in <module>
NameError: name 'claudia_seduce_05_done' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "claudia_talk.rpyc", line 52, in script
  File "E:\Mega\The_Senior-013b-win\The_Senior-0.1.3b-win\renpy\ast.py", line 1681, in execute
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
  File "E:\Mega\The_Senior-013b-win\The_Senior-0.1.3b-win\renpy\python.py", line 1794, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "E:\Mega\The_Senior-013b-win\The_Senior-0.1.3b-win\renpy\python.py", line 1788, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/claudia_talk.rpy", line 60, in <module>
NameError: name 'claudia_seduce_05_done' is not defined

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.13.2919
 0.1.3b

U

User_10739

I realize that the last version was a buggy mess. I've released a Patreon only v0.1.3 in which most, if not all, of the bugs should have been fixed. The version will be public in a few days.
Looks like you need better bug spray as 0.1.3b is still a buggy mess full of missing variables. I have tried to add them via the console with no luck whatsoever...
I have tried using both saves and starting a game.

Yc3k

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
Because either you've got absolutely no reading comprehension or you're using some sort of "selective reading" where you only see what you want to see.
And you're still acting like a dick toward me for no apparent reason.

All I wanted to know, since you've constantly pointed out bugs in my game and my lack of ability to fix them, are the bugs still present it the final version. Your reply was uncalled for.

I'd say one thing and you would reply like I'd said something else. It only took a few times to blow my top.
You'd say one thing then you wold interpret my reply as I've said something else. I've reread your "transcript" of "our" (I've put our in "" because one of my replies, that you've quoted, were not responded to your post) conversation and I still can't understand what was it that blew your top.

Now, for the rest of you that want to repair the game (somewhat). The undeclared variable in the Haley files was the wrong variable name as it's only used in the single line. What variable was supposed to be used there is anyone's guess and I'm not digging into this code anymore.
Again, mate, with the bashing. If you don't like the game, or me for that matter then don't play it.

That being said I do want to thank you for pointing out some of the bugs, it will definitely help me with fixing this in the future releases, don't think I'm not grateful.

Yc3k

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
Hello everyone.

Regarding the last few posts I would like to say a couple of things.

BUGS

Thank you all for pointing out remaining bugs in the version v0.1.3b. I was hoping that I found them all, but alas. In the next couple of days I will upload my final version version of the 0.1.3 build where I will implement all those bugfixes you've posted along with the in-game updating system. This will be my last version of the 0.1.3 build regardless of any new bugs that might occur since I'm focusing all my efforts on the next build 0.1.4.

I would like to thank @DeUglyOne @myuinny @Forgeshield @TNT3 and @tsunku for pointing out where the bugs are. Your contribution is appreciated and will help me in delivering a better gaming experience later on.

Also a big thank you to @myuinny and @dbp5ca for replying on most of the posts and helping people while I was away. You guys are truly great!

Q/A
kissing alison hayley in the locker before school claudia and gracie ...is this all?
There are a couple of scenes in the toilet, but for now that's all the content. I am working on more...

I really enjoy this game. Cute characters, fun story. Don't change the Grandpa, he fits in perfectly. Minus the insane amount of bugs (which you are addressing), my only complaint is that school runs every day. There should be no school on the weekend. Add events to partake in around town or something.
The school is opened through weekend on purpose. The reason behind that is the lack of content and activities this early in game development. When the content comes you can be sure the school will be closed on Saturday and Sunday.

Little buggy? Lol lol this things got more bugs than a crack house restaurant. Every character past seduction 5 gives me roll back errors..
That's because the content is not there yet. You need to give me more time to put it all together.

Can anyone tell me how much I can do in this relay of the game. Because I think I was stuck, I got any values with the girls and just stopped any development except kissing and flirting there is no other, not to say almost everything is locked up, and how to talk to grandparents or mothers after they are gone
The game is still in early stages of development so about 90% of the intended content is still not present in the game. So far you can only kiss girls and there are no way to talk to your grandpa or your mother atm. Mother will be added in the next release.

Looks like you need better bug spray as 0.1.3b is still a buggy mess full of missing variables. I have tried to add them via the console with no luck whatsoever...
I have tried using both saves and starting a game.
I'm not sure that adding the variables via console will work since you need to update the main script files and start a new game for variables to be ok. I'll try to fix the problems posted here in the last 0.1.3 version. That will hopefully fix it.

WALKTHROUGH
I have had several requests for a walkthrough so far. Unfortunately the walkthrough is not planned yet. It will probably be created after I've implemented all of the girls and features in the game. So don't expect it yet, at least not for the next couple of versions.

Dole

Well-Known Karen
Apr 28, 2017
0.1.3c free
CHANGELOG for v0.1.3c
  • Added in-game updating system
  • fixed an image transition bug while seducing Allison
  • fixed a bug where one of Haley's images were not closing properly
  • fixed a girl_kissed bug
  • added Claudia to the girls_kissed variable
  • Fixed a missing variable that caused error in certain Haley smalltalk situations
WIN

MAC

3.50 star(s) 13 Votes