Mod Others The Sims 3: Kinky World [v405] [Oniki Kay]

Shar181

Nov 5, 2018
I'm sorry if this has been asked a bunch of times, but what is the most stable version of KW right now? I just reinstalled Sims 3, and I want to use KW... but I remember that before I uninstalled I was having a bunch of issues with the then-most-current release. I kinda want to go back to the version that was considered to be the most stable for a really long time -- build 374, I think? Or maybe it was 375?

Edit: I managed to get the older version that I was looking for thanks to some helpful peeps over at LL! I'm just about set up to play Sims 3 again... but is there a place where I can get all of the existing animations for KW? I got some on LL, but some (like mike24's "pets" animations) seem to have been removed. ><;

Last edited:

LUV31

Aug 10, 2017
I think OnikiKay done a great job on the 409.

The game runs smoother.

Usually, my sims get stuck when undressing for woohoo, but in 409, it's not a problem anymore.

Reactions: aynasm

DarkGaribaldi

Jun 5, 2019
Hello everyone,

The game shuts down every now and then, and I see we’ve made that mistake where it mentions cracken:

Sims3.SimIFace.Sims3.SimIFace.StateMachineClient:RequestState (bool,string,string) (0x155ce3280 [0] [0x132ee7a40] [0x13257ce20] )

#3: 0x0000e callvirt in Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.OnikiStuff.Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.OnikiStuff.Kraken:StartIdle () ()

#4: 0x00016 call in Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.OnikiStuff.Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.OnikiStuff.Kraken:Follow () ()

#5: 0x00023 call in Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.OnikiStuff.Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.OnikiStuff.Kraken:Simulate () ()

#6: 0x00027 leave.s in ScriptCore.ScriptCore.ScriptProxy:Simulate () ()

i have tried to disable cracken and it still fails me. Maybe I'm missing some animation or mod to install · Does anyone know what I can do?

AlfGui

Jun 10, 2017
Hello everyone,
The game shuts down every now and then, and I see we’ve made that mistake where it mentions cracken:
You need to be more specific, even vanilla sims3 is prone to crash. Moreover, the mod produces a lot of errors because the code is not the "cleanest". Is it an old or new save? maybe resetting the city with nraas may help.

This is a useful guide to make sims 3 stable:

DarkGaribaldi

Jun 5, 2019
Hi, thank you so much for the help. The bug is still coming out but with a new game and StoryProgression enabled it looks like it is going much better. Now I will look at the page you are commenting on, I hope that even though I am on Mac it will serve me. Thank you again.

AlfGui

Jun 10, 2017
Erm, story progression does not add to stability, i would say it removes some since i suppose it's using resources from the system and creating more problems, it doesn't help fixing anything.

To be more specific, kinkiworld produces many errors, but they are not game crashing errors. The game usually has crash problems with routing, using fixed worlds or even editing them by your own when you see that sims are stuck always in the same place help to give more stability to your game, but the more you play the more likely your game is going to crash, especially if you use mods like kinkiworld. That guide and nraas (don't use error trap or progression with kinkiworld though, and be careful with overwatch because if you don't uncheck "clean up outfits" and "stuck check auto-reset sims", your game is going to do funny things) are a must if you want to play a stable sims3, that's for sure, but you are still going to have crashes from time to time, they are inevitable.

DarkGaribaldi

Jun 5, 2019
Thank you so much for the tips! Yes, I know that Sims 3, on its own, is not a stable game and with mods it is even less so. The truth is that I did not expect the StoryProgression to be more stable but for now it is, let's see when it lasts ... The overwatch had already set it up as you said. Thank you again.

taglag

Aug 6, 2019
Is there a way to play this game without having low fps? My PC is a RTX 3060 TI and an AMD Ryzen 5 3600 yet it lags as hell
1. There are things you can do to help, Nrass overwatch is one, if starts getting laggy " Click on City Hall (or a Computer) and choose the option NRaas – MasterController – Town – Reset Everything. "

City Hall/Computer > NRaas > Overwatch >

Settings > One I remember off top of head that need to be false for KW
Stuck Check Auto-Reset = False
There is another one, but I forget what it was. I think it is Disable Clean up Outfits needs to be false also. KW whoring outfits job outfits will get cleaned up I think that was the problem.

2. Google sims 3 Merging packages. Merging packages is probably the single most helpful thing I did to make it run smoother, and better. Sims 3 does not seem to mind the size of a package, but the number of packages really buggers it.

3. Next biggest fix ( may be the biggest) is here Sims three is old, and it won't find or identify your vid card so it will default to lowest setting telling you your card is shit. It will basically trash your vid cards ability to do anything right with it. That fellows game fix makes fixing this easy.

I use to have to jump through a bunch of hoops to fix my vid card so it was identified, but now with his fix it is easy to correct the unidentified vid card.

4. After that google sims 3 ellacharmed map fixes. The EA original maps are plagued with buggy ai mapping, and she fixed ,most all of those.

5. There are some tweaks in the main Options menu also that help a lot, should be able to find most of those googling easy enough. That click item while game is loading for sure ought to be disabled, but to many things there for me to remember.

6. You should be able to find someones .bat file that will clear your WorldCaches everytime you run it and load your game, but don't use it every time, just once in awhile, use the default short cut normally, but clearing the Cache is needed quite often, you can do it yourself, but having a handy .bat file do it for you is nice.

The files to delete are in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3, they are regenerated every time the game loads but over time they can get buggy.

CasPartCache.package
compositorCache.package
scriptCache.package
simCompositorCache.package
socialCache.package

7. In my opinion Sims 3 is light years ahead in game play enjoyment, next to sims 4, but left trashed maybe intentionally by EA.

8. Some maps even with the best of work when running many scripted mods will still be fucked, but most with a modern system, and those things I mentioned being done will do fine.

Probably some I missed mentioning but I think those are the main things you should work towards fixing.

Last edited:

jkstfs123

Sep 27, 2018
1. There are things you can do to help...
Maybe I missed it in there but you're missing the most important performance fix of all; capping the framerate. For whatever reason if Sims 3 runs at over 60fps you start to get big issues with stuttering and lag. Just doing this one thing alone instantly changed playing Sims 3 from an exercise in frustration to smooth sailing for me.

As a final point, if you're running KW the game is just not going to run well at all. It's a poorly made mod with plenty of bugs and issues.

taglag

Aug 6, 2019
Maybe I missed it in there but you're missing the most important performance fix of all; capping the framerate.
Yeah I tend to not think of that one as no matter what game I get the FPS is first thing I check, and if it's blasting over my monitor's Frame rate I sync it. or go to my Nvidia or radeon card and sync it.

"When D3 came out several years ago I had just gotten a new system, and it would over heat playing D3, could not figure out why until I checked the FPS and saw they were at like 600 or better, my vid card was burning it's self up running 540 or better FPS for nothing. I turned sync on and no more problems."

So for me it has always been a no brain-er, but you're absolutely right, this game need's a stable FPS and to high will bugger it some. Bootloader was a solution long ago, but I don't do that one any more, and find it more trouble than help now.

Can't remember right now, if game had a sync on/off built in I know I have it locked in my vid card control panel. With new monitor's going up to really high refresh it is pretty important to note that though.

Most of that stuff was just off the top of my head, I have been playing other games. But I started a new TS3 game last night, I may get back into it more.

LadySmoks

Apr 21, 2020
clean up outfits" and "stuck check auto-reset sims", your game is going to do funny things)
Much to do with the KW school, school uniforms and students sitting during class. If you don't play the high school, shouldn't be an issue.

LadySmoks

Apr 21, 2020
It has a Screen Refresh Setting but that never worked.
taglag may be referring to something added to KW settings. I forget the details... something to do with "state machine?", but it does mess with how animations are played, and the wrong setting, animations may not play at all. Why it was done that way???

jkstfs123

Sep 27, 2018
Much to do with the KW school, school uniforms and students sitting during class. If you don't play the high school, shouldn't be an issue.
You should always disable stuck check auto-reset regardless of whether you're using KW or not. It's extremely prone to false positives. It's so prone to false positives it should really default to off. Sims rarely genuinely get stuck for no reason. Usually it means there's something wrong with a lot or something that needs fixing and for as long as you don't do that sims will keep getting stuck. My standard procedure is ignore the first stuck sim warning because more often than not the sim isn't actually stuck. If you get a second warning for the same sim soon after dismissing the first warning click the portrait and it'll take the game camera to where the sim is and you can see what's going on there for yourself.

Reactions: jdw6

taglag

Aug 6, 2019
Actually the Whoring outfits, come into play as well, and seems like maybe there was something else.( may have been outfits for your workers if you buy and run a Whore House) So is best I think (Note The I think) to Disable Clean up Outfits. But that is all your call.

jdw6

Nov 30, 2019
false positives
Somewhere in the NRaas documentation for it (maybe some forum response... not sure anymore) there was discussion about even if you have auto-reset enabled, it's not supposed to reset the "stuck" sim on the 1st time, but won't until, IIRC, the 3rd time... might've only been the 2nd, but that's not ringing correct in my mind.

As annoying as the notifications are, I keep it enabled (with auto-reset off) and do like you said, manually checking, when I get them. Heck only takes a few seconds to pause, click, look, then click to go back to my sim (or hit the 'enter' key) and unpause. I find "bad lots" or "bad world" design more the 1st couple sim-weeks when starting a new world, or adding a new pre-made lot. After that, the notifications I know are basically "false" and ignore 'em more. (Just found two dogs with their heads stuck in the same section of fence, so fixed that routing issue.)

But, yeah, on a non-gaming computer, I'd definitely shut off almost all of those type of NRaas Overwatch checks... ok, I'd keep letting it purge cars.

Speaking of cars, and I don't think I saw mention of it. NRaas Traffic allows tuning the EA traffic (like reducing the fake taxis, food/ice cream trucks, and changing some routing options). Reducing that helps. There is, sorry, not remembering which, but google works worldwide... except maybe china, can't recall. lol Anyway, there's a way to reduce the number of strays, deer, racoons, etc. Eliminating those will help. So too will using NRaas Register to disable the registers/bars/etc. (that are normally staffed with NPCs) to the places that you really don't intend to go to often.

Someone mentioned "Screen Refresh Rate". That is base game options, but only changeable if you're playing fullscreen. While in there, reducing the quality does help with game performance. But, per some recent testing, once you toss KW into the mix, you're looking at another 700-1200 megs of memory usage.

Using a "less-detailed" world is also a "must" for lower-spec computers. There are some custom ones that are just NOT suitable for KW. Greymont Bay is one, sadly, that I just found out will basically crash as soon as KW starts doing things... especially if you enable KW right at the beginning. Best bet is to let the world get up and running, give it a full sim-day (or two) to populate all the bartenders, cashiers, etc. before even thinking about enabling KW.

Reactions: JarethJerdanis

knurd

Jun 2, 2019
If someone could help me, I keep failing @ getting rid of "masturbate on sleeping sim" is says it save it but never does & whenever I start the game I have to always get rid of it again.