Mod Others The Sims 4: Mod Collection [K.Leoric]

4.80 star(s) 25 Votes

Do you want to divide the thread in 2 (CC and mod) or keep it as it is?

• divide

Votes: 537 54.8%
  • keep it as it is

Votes: 443 45.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghostieboi

Nov 18, 2020
Would anyone happen to have any patreon cc by this creator? Like her accessory bangs? Thanks in advance!

Feb 27, 2020
Now, in terms of sorting in an operating system, that's a different story. For instance, Windows sees the very first visible special character as "!" (It's decimal 20 on the ASCII table). Since the Sims 4 is known to read package files from low to high in the ASCII table (Windows sorts the same way), it would make sense to preface a file name with say a "!" to ensure it is loaded first (Some modder's use this). Windows will always read directories and file names that start with ! first. Why? because the ASCII table is sorted low to high. (Incidentally, most special characters come before "A" (decimal 65 on the table). Of course not all special characters are allowed to be used in file names.
Which is why you could use an override folder in two ways, either !!Override or the resource.cfg way. I prefer using resource.cfg personally. Also combining package files to increase load times doesn't really give you all that much of a boost and makes things waay harder on you when it's update time. Really just get a damn SSD and be done with it. They are cheap enough lol

bloodylightning386

Jul 24, 2020
Anyone else having an issue with mccc? Whenever my sim tries to watch tv my sim glitches out and I get a last exception error. My last exception file is a chrome hmtl document and I haven't been able to paste it into the error report site. I see something about the Road to Fame trailer in there so that might be clashing with it????

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2020
when i found out the mod checklist thing, i felt like i had to tell everyone. it's really a simple thing that saves so much time! and i gotta check out that program! i've been meaning to do a mods purge lately and something like that will make the process go faster lol.
what chcking thing? btw if i buy an external SSD and install the game in there it will load faster? just asking cuz i have a notebook and I don't wanna open it at all. :)

Reactions: zestyklm
Nov 15, 2020
Someone has new SrSly SCCO 3.1.0 pretty please? It was just released.
Also I wanted to ask again for Serinion stuff NOV-DEC. Syboulette since her new-year set release. And if anyone has PacoSims tier 10. Thank you!!!

MickCasanova

Sep 29, 2018
Which is why you could use an override folder in two ways, either !!Override or the resource.cfg way. I prefer using resource.cfg personally. Also combining package files to increase load times doesn't really give you all that much of a boost and makes things waay harder on you when it's update time. Really just get a damn SSD and be done with it. They are cheap enough lol
Oh well.... Simasylum seems to be down. I'll do my best to explain. Coolspear posted the parameters for an Overrides folder some time ago on Simasylum. I was perplexed by what I saw...

Priority 600
PackedFile Overrides\*.package
PackedFile Overrides\*\*.package
PackedFile Overrides\*\*\*.package
PackedFile Overrides\*\*\*\*.package
PackedFile Overrides\*\*\*\*\*.package

Looks pretty normal with one exception. The slash is reverse and not forward like the rest of the config.sys. When I asked Coolspear why, he really didn't give me a direct explanation. Perhaps you know why? I assume there must be a reason. It's been on my mind for quite some time. I know it bears similarity to Sims 3, but I'd like to know why the slash is reverse.

Feb 27, 2020
Anyone else having an issue with mccc? Whenever my sim tries to watch tv my sim glitches out and I get a last exception error. My last exception file is a chrome hmtl document and I haven't been able to paste it into the error report site. I see something about the Road to Fame trailer in there so that might be clashing with it????
Mexi's Better Exceptions gives you a better explanation of the errors but it's prolly not MC but shitty EA code. There are a fuck ton of errors in this new EP. Right now I'm dealing with zone spin up exceptions in certain areas which I think "may" be the cause of save game corruption I talked about previously. I know ppl have or were complaining about save game corruption in the past when Snowy first dropped. Not all the issues were fixed of course. What I would do is reset the sim and try again. If it keeps glitching it may be a tuning mod you have. If you can think of a tuning mod that deals with TV's look that up

Feb 27, 2020
Oh well.... Simasylum seems to be down. I'll do my best to explain. Coolspear posted the parameters for an Overrides folder some time ago on Simasylum. I was perplexed by what I saw...

Priority 600
PackedFile Overrides\*.package
PackedFile Overrides\*\*.package
PackedFile Overrides\*\*\*.package
PackedFile Overrides\*\*\*\*.package
PackedFile Overrides\*\*\*\*\*.package

Looks pretty normal with one exception. The slash is reverse and not forward like the rest of the config.sys. When I asked Coolspear why, he really didn't give me a direct explanation. Perhaps you know why? I assume there must be a reason. It's been on my mind for quite some time. I know it bears similarity to Sims 3, but I'd like to know why the slash is reverse.
Slash makes no difference except its easier to use the reverse one in programming so you don't have to "escape" those characters. \ is used for special formatting in C++, C# and Python so either you have to use \\ or / in all languages or r in front of the string quotes in python to escape everything inside when you use a directory string

As to why he used it idk lol but you can use either one

Last edited:

MickCasanova

Sep 29, 2018
Unfortunately, Sacrificial's mods are far from the most reliable. Not surprised you're experiencing issues. I removed his stuff long ago. As far as your LE file is concerned, there should be a text file in the main sims 4 directory. TMex's BE reads the LE and creates a HTML file. If that is what you're referring to, then the lastexception.txt has to be there because BE can't create it's report without it. If you're using online mode, your LE will have a bunch of numbers at the end. Also, MCCC records LE's in it's own file which is located inside its directory. It's extremely unlikely that MCCC is the root of your problem. I've never had MCCC cause problems. Usually the other way around.

MickCasanova

Sep 29, 2018
Slash makes no difference except its easier to use the reverse one in programming so you don't have to "escape" those characters. \ is used for special formatting in C++, C# and Python so either you have to use \\ or / in all languages or r in from of the string quotes in python to escape everything inside when you use a directory string

As to why he used it idk lol but you can use either one
Thanks... That's exactly what I wanted to know. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
4.80 star(s) 25 Votes