Mod Others The Sims 4: Mod Collection [K.Leoric]

4.80 star(s) 25 Votes

Do you want to divide the thread in 2 (CC and mod) or keep it as it is?

• divide

Votes: 537 54.8%
  • keep it as it is

Votes: 443 45.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

bergdorfsims

Oct 23, 2020
Look I respect the fact that creating new meshes and textures is not easy work, it takes time and I honestly don't mind people charging for decent CC or mods, that said you will never stop someone from pledging and sharing it and in turn others downloading that for free. There is no getting around this and tbh you shouldn't even worry about it, the more your work gets around free or not the more the word spreads (assuming your content is quality) and will in turn bring in more people who will pledge.
Yeah like I'm not gonna track & pursue people who do that and I get why some people are against patreon cc but just like here it is the way it is, no creator is gonna be like I'll release for free because people leak them, it just makes them increase their prices or get less motivated to create so I pledge to anyone I use the content of to keep them going. I prefer it to paying EA for half done packs tbh

Feb 27, 2020
I care about the game more than my content
This is somewhat good to hear. What I want to see is peeps saying they care more for making things vs money but as long as Patreon exists, the Sims 4 version of EA's store, I can't take them seriously as creative. Donations is one thing but you have a majority that rule here that squash all that and use other ppls content and claim it as their own, and witch hunt on anyone that don't agree with them and stone wall new help on anyone that don't agree with them... Or could threaten the bank... Again why I don't take any of them seriously. There was a time modding was an open source community geared to help one another. Now it's an elitist group with an eyes only mentality on new ways of doing things. I could be like that out of frustration but I won't. It goes against everything I stand for. I do believe in capitalism but I also believe in the free market. Ownership is in the eye of the beholder or the guy who makes the most money. Or has the most contacts in positions of power. It's politics. Politics is cancer in a free market. They include laws and copyright on things generally stolen from someone else. Look at the Ben Franklin and Tesla scenerio for footnotes. Most every idea is rarely new and someone elses. If you happen to profit off that idea good for you but don't expect everyone to abide by those rules of engagement, hence why a free market keeps things moving forward. If someone is truly creative they will rise above the obsticles and come up with better services instead of bitching about there are not enough laws to prevent stealing ideas. Feeling sorry for yourself gets nothing done. The cornerstone of invention has and always will be a basis in someone elses idea and made better, based on older ideas we come up with better ones and advance. Yeah I'm always looking at the bigger picture and the root of the problem. EA basically IS the root of the problem here. In Sims 2 and 3 they made a nickle and dime mentality which passed on to modders over time hence now we got Patreon

Nov 15, 2020
I'm gonna ask again for Chingyu Updated Categorized Traits Picker (V3) and Updated 100 TRAITS BUNDLE_P3 Love Types V1.1 Added New Traits: Trust Issues by Lazurite, Baby Maker, Heartbreaker, Homewrecker and also today he released the other of his mods, an add-on for setting all my custom traits as club requirement If anyone can share those, please do!!!

Nov 15, 2020
I'm telling my Mom on you right now actually. You'll pay for this... :cry::poop::ROFLMAO:

I wasn't even saying you're gay, but if you want you can ravage me in the bum?
Seriously man, you're so fuckin funny... Besides, is incredible how everything nowadays, specially in TS4COMMUNITY, no matter what topic is, somehow always the toxic ppl manage to end up with "you're homophobic" to whomever doesn't agree with whatever shit they're saying... Always ends up in the same way: RED FLAG HOMOPHOBIA. Seriously, you guys gotta be more creative when trying to vilanize someone.

Nov 15, 2020
You couldn't pay me enough to do so. I know you weren't calling me gay I'm very much straight but attacking others over their sexual orientation is not cool. Being gay does not make them perform on their jobs worse you know
OMG how can you distort so much what someone says? He wasn't saying gay in terms of sexual orientations, whotheheck knows what are the gurus sexual orientation? I agree it wasn't much wise to use "gay" word as meaning something offensive, but we all know that it's still a word that means some sort of stereotypes, for instance, someone with feminine characteristics, which means, someone delicate, sensible and fragile, which is also something we know is not 100% appliable, not to gay ppl, nor to women, because 1 - those attributes can be positive and 2 - even gay, feminine or women can be the opposite of it. The guy was just kidding and mocking you. DUH.

Nov 15, 2020
OMG how can you distort so much what someone says? He wasn't saying gay in terms of sexual orientations, whotheheck knows what are the gurus sexual orientation? I agree it wasn't much wise to use "gay" word as meaning something offensive, but we all know that it's still a word that means some sort of stereotypes, for instance, someone with feminine characteristics, which means, someone delicate, sensible and fragile, which is also something we know is not 100% appliable, not to gay ppl, nor to women, because 1 - those attributes can be positive and 2 - even gay, feminine or women can be the opposite of it. The guy was just kidding and mocking you. DUH.
I think it's funny how ppl can use some expression as "you're a lil guuurl" as something negative and no one cares about it, but women could be offended by that, but they don't, while some can use the "you're gay" expression meaning the same thing, and bang, everyone is homophobic. Then women and little girls should be offended too.

MickCasanova

Sep 29, 2018
Patreon, and other sites that cater to content creators ability to charge a fee for the items they create, are not the entire issue. Human nature, and psychology are strongly at play here. The proof is apparent in most of what is released by the modding and content community under the umbrella of these pay sites. Most of it is pure garbage. It's people's need to have what is otherwise unattainable except for a fee, that is the key here. (This psychology is very similar to that of loot boxes.) If it were all "free", 99% of modders and content creators would be gone over night. As long as there is someone willing to pay for something, even if it's complete trash, this will continue. And there's no shortage of fools willing to pay, just as there are no shortage of "snake oil" salesmen willing to take your money. (EA comes to mind) Places like Patreon know this. It's part of their business model. People will spend money on anything whether it's bullshit or not. Case in point, Belle Delphine's bath water. Really? WTF?! Patreon is in a win win for its self. They could care less about you, me, or anyone else. They are in it for the money, and nothing more. They have tapped into the vast abyss of free money from idiots eager to give it away. As for most of the content creators, they are just a guilty of this. They know most of what they "create" is trash, but as long as we are willing to pay for it, they will keep doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
4.80 star(s) 25 Votes