Mod Others The Sims 4: Mod Collection [K.Leoric]

4.80 star(s) 25 Votes

Do you want to divide the thread in 2 (CC and mod) or keep it as it is?

• divide

Votes: 537 54.8%
  • keep it as it is

Votes: 443 45.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 3137218

people are simply going to have to learn blender and sims 4 studio if you all want to avoid this paywalled cc situation. when this patreon thing got bad, i thought more people would learn to create stuff for this game on their own. but it's only now happening.

if this is what gets you guys to do it, i'm all for it lol. the more people release free conversions and share information on how to do it, the less power patreon exclusive vultures have on this community.

D

Deleted member 3139786

Anyway, I made a quick tutorial on how to convert objects from Second Life to the Sims 4 and you can watch it .
You can also download the plant I converted in the video , if you'd like. Please remember to convert responsibly.
hi, i was wondering if there would be a tutorial for sl hairs anytime soon ?

henrique353

Oct 24, 2020
Hi everyone (again). I'm in love for this sh*t of being a converter :LOL: Does anyone here have conversion tips for Imvu? I've learn a lot for the last hours, and looks like there are two ways to get meshes:

1) If the mesh is the "original" one, you can get it for a free program;
2) If the mesh is derived of another one, you need a good and payed ripper program to extract them.

Is there anything more I need to know? Incredible as it may seem, the creator area on desktop app didn't help me as much as I expected...

D

Deleted member 3139786

I want to work out these transparency problems before I start telling people what to do, lol. I think I know how to do it, it's just a matter of not screwing it up and putting them in the wrong order which is alot more annoying than it sounds.
ok ty

Reactions: Cove Holden

Honeycrust

Aug 22, 2018
the hairstyle is super, only white highlights are confusing..
View attachment 985602
Use sims4studio, and import a normal map. You can basically use any normal map from an existing hair if its just a blank texture with just that grey color. Don't use one with any detail though, you just need the blank grey color. This will stop the shine.

I uploaded a random DDS normal map from a Skysims hair I had. You can even redownload a version I did with my normal map already imported, but you can just as easy do it yourself if you want.

This is before and after look when you add in the normal map in sims4studio. *** This is a hair from second life converted by ksmdrs
ts4-Doux-KiaraHair(NormalMapOnRightSide).jpg

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2020
people are simply going to have to learn blender and sims 4 studio if you all want to avoid this paywalled cc situation. when this patreon thing got bad, i thought more people would learn to create stuff for this game on their own. but it's only now happening.

if this is what gets you guys to do it, i'm all for it lol. the more people release free conversions and share information on how to do it, the less power patreon exclusive vultures have on this community.
Best way to say down with patreon, learn all their tricks!

Cove Holden

Mar 6, 2018

When the Sims 4 rolled around, I noticed an insane influx of new creators coming out of the woodwork compared to those of the Sims 3 so it's surprised me that it's now just being talked about even if it is just Second Life conversions. Like, I've been doing this for a few years now and when you get it down pat, it's hella fun.

Even if it takes time and you wanna pull your hair out sometimes, you get to look at and use something that you made and not have to deal with the paywall guff. It's extremely satisfying.

D

Deleted member 3139786

When the Sims 4 rolled around, I noticed an insane influx of new creators coming out of the woodwork compared to those of the Sims 3 so it's surprised me that it's now just being talked about even if it is just Second Life conversions. Like, I've been doing this for a few years now and when you get it down pat, it's hella fun.

Even if it takes time and you wanna pull your hair out sometimes, you get to look at and use something that you made and not have to deal with the paywall guff. It's extremely satisfying.
Thank you so much though for making tutorials for us, it''s really helpful lol. Sorry i'm being a lil impatient rn i just wanna make some hairs aha they are too beautiful not to be on sims 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
4.80 star(s) 25 Votes