Mod Others The Sims 4: Mod Collection [K.Leoric]

4.80 star(s) 25 Votes

Do you want to divide the thread in 2 (CC and mod) or keep it as it is?

• divide

Votes: 537 54.8%
  • keep it as it is

Votes: 443 45.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

boomshow

Dec 11, 2020
Finally got the hair done to the best of my ability. There are a few transparency kinks in the back but they aren't too noticeable hopefully. Also, no hatcuts cause the hair is about 45k polys without em'. I'm actually pretty happy cause I definitely didn't think that it would turn out well...like, at all. Anyway, ya'll can download it .

Credit to original creator
you're so talented wow thanks

D

Deleted member 3137218

When the Sims 4 rolled around, I noticed an insane influx of new creators coming out of the woodwork compared to those of the Sims 3 so it's surprised me that it's now just being talked about even if it is just Second Life conversions. Like, I've been doing this for a few years now and when you get it down pat, it's hella fun.

Even if it takes time and you wanna pull your hair out sometimes, you get to look at and use something that you made and not have to deal with the paywall guff. It's extremely satisfying.
exactly! this game is extremely easy to mod and i wish a lot more people would de-mystify the process. the sims 4 studio tutorials are really poor (english is a third or fourth language) and i think it's why so much is not known.

also if this takes money out of leosims' and ddaeng (aka dreamteamsims) greedy hands, i'm all for it. the two of them have been converting from sims 2 and 3, throwing multiple virus filled adfly links on those conversions. now that they ran out of sims2 and 3 meshes (beacuse a lot of creators hve taken their files down), they've resorted to selling SL stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:

꧁KymJoh꧂

Oct 6, 2019
Hey y'all there was someone on here who converted adults shoes to children... if that was you can you pm me pls? Thank you!

badsanta88

Nov 16, 2020
exactly! this game is extremely easy to mod and i wish a lot more people would de-mystified the process. the sims 4 studio tutorials are really poor (english is a third or fourth language) and i think it's why so much is not known.

also if this takes money out of leosims' and ddaeng (aka dreamteamsims) greedy hands, i'm all for it. the two of them have been converting from sims 2 and 3, throwing multiple virus filled adfly links on those conversions. now that they ran out of sims2 and 3 meshes (beacuse a lot of creators hve taken their files down), they've resorted to selling SL stuff.
I actually did like ddaengsims before, I even made a Tumblr just to follow her and pledged for her Patreon once time. And then I found out that her exclusive CC were conversions of ancient Second life cc from 2015 and earlier. D*mn it felt like top 10 anime betrayals to me because I thought her CC were original and unique. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

D

Deleted member 3068726

has anyone tried downloading ? it doesnt work for me... would appreciate if someone could share it

Cove Holden

Mar 6, 2018
exactly! this game is extremely easy to mod and i wish a lot more people would de-mystified the process. the sims 4 studio tutorials are really poor (english is a third or fourth language) and i think it's why so much is not known.

It doesn't surprise me. Just doing this for a few months can be very tiresome and the less determined people start looking for shortcuts. It just becomes about the money for them. I don't know the ins and outs of it but I know that it's possible to make real money on SL which is one of the reasons that the more greedy creators will abandon Sims for SL.

Although there are more legit reasons that more moderate creators might want to leave for like SL is far more friendly to artists being that they still own the rights to what they make, not being confined to a poly count or a pre-made (crowded) UV map, etc.

D

Deleted member 909046

Use sims4studio, and import a normal map. You can basically use any normal map from an existing hair if its just a blank texture with just that grey color. Don't use one with any detail though, you just need the blank grey color. This will stop the shine.

I uploaded a random DDS normal map from a Skysims hair I had. You can even redownload a version I did with my normal map already imported, but you can just as easy do it yourself if you want.

This is before and after look when you add in the normal map in sims4studio. *** This is a hair from second life converted by ksmdrs
View attachment 985863
thanks i never knew it was the normal map the cloned package had one but i removed it :D

Reactions: Honeycrust
D

Deleted member 3139786

can anyone help me with actually putting the sl hair into s4 studio, i don't know what im doing tbh loooooool

Status
Not open for further replies.
4.80 star(s) 25 Votes