Mod Others The Sims 4: Mod Collection [K.Leoric]

4.80 star(s) 25 Votes

Do you want to divide the thread in 2 (CC and mod) or keep it as it is?

• divide

Votes: 537 54.8%
  • keep it as it is

Votes: 443 45.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Honeycrust

Aug 22, 2018
So um trying to learn to convert hairs...baby steps

View attachment 986200

I got the uv, texture and shaders...looks fine in sims 4 studio but I'm guessing I need to transfer weights! I'll watch a couple tutorials and be back later lol
yeah I think you are close. Usually if it looks alright in blender and sims4studio but crazy in the game, its the weights, or maybe some random extra bones doing something.

Not a pro here since I don't convert hairs... only thing i do with hairs is recolors and sometimes a bit of weight fixing, and seen hair do crazy things if the weights are missing or not painted onto the right bones. If you know how to move around your rig in blender, its useful to for weight painting because you can stretch out your sims body parts like their head to see how the hair sticks to it.

Do hairs need their vertex's painted? I've seen some painted, some not... but you could try that also. I think green would be the color for that. EA hairs vertex's are painted green.

I'm also not sure if uv_1 is needed, I seen hairs with and without that... I think ideally you'd want them so the hair would move as you scaled parts of your head. I know EA hairs have uv_1 but often see custom cc without.

MinnieM

Sep 2, 2018
Thanks for the tips, I also saw vertex painting (not sure what is does, but I will try it) and uv_1 didn't seem mandatory but I might try this as well! They also say to rename the uv to uv_0 which I haven't done yet...

I did a weight transfer in blender and the hair now sits on the head (but one side has a weird zig zag at the bottom...not sure why...might try with a reference that has longer hair)
attempt2.JPG

Cove Holden

Mar 6, 2018
Thanks for the tips, I also saw vertex painting (not sure what is does, but I will try it) and uv_1 didn't seem mandatory but I might try this as well! They also say to rename the uv to uv_0 which I haven't done yet...

I did a weight transfer in blender and the hair now sits on the head (but one side has a weird zig zag at the bottom...not sure why...might try with a reference that has longer hair)
View attachment 986228
The vertex paint tells the mesh how to move with small scale sliders while the uv_1 tells the mesh how to move with the larger ones. Some hairs don't need the uv_1 and I'm not sure why but if you're having issues with the sliders when you adjust them, you'll know to add a it.

The wonky mesh at the bottom is caused by the breast weights. You can try to blur them in Blender but I personally just get rid of them unless they're absolutely necessary.

MinnieM

Sep 2, 2018
Ohhh ok that makes sense! It seems to move fine with the sliders without a uv_1! I'm trying a reference with longer hair for the wonky ends but if that doesn't work I might just deleted the breast weights...there seems to be a large enough gap between the hair and the chest anyway.

Cove Holden

Mar 6, 2018
Found a hair that looks similar but doesn't go over the shoulders. Is this already available for Sims 4 or could someone possibly convert this as well? I don't know the name but assuming it's by Doux too.
This is actually the same hair that we converted just in a different style which I took the liberty of converting also. Thanks to ksmdrs letting me know what I did wrong and how to fix it, the transparency isn't as bad on this one. In fact it's hardly noticeable!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

It any of you want it, you can download it ! Annnnnd now, I can make my tutorial on how to convert hair since that I won't be misleading anyone lol. It won't be perfect but it'll be better than nothing at all, I hope.

Edit: It's about 40k polys, 27 HQ Swatches and, again, no hat cuts.

Tkaitis

Dec 20, 2020
Hi everyone (again). I'm in love for this sh*t of being a converter :LOL: Does anyone here have conversion tips for Imvu? I've learn a lot for the last hours, and looks like there are two ways to get meshes:

1) If the mesh is the "original" one, you can get it for a free program;
2) If the mesh is derived of another one, you need a good and payed ripper program to extract them.

Is there anything more I need to know? Incredible as it may seem, the creator area on desktop app didn't help me as much as I expected...
Ninjaripper worked just fine for me getting IMVU meshes & it's free

Deleted member 229118

Oct 3, 2017
probably cause like a bajillion people have already said its down and its been said we have to wait for the mods lmao. this is why we tell people to go back a few pages in the thread to find the answer to your question/or use the search bar
Thanks.

Thank you, I do that but this thread is so incredibly cluttered with CC requests that it becomes difficult.
They shoud really put it on the main page.
I coudnt find that answer myself for the same reason.
To much random clutter

blossomlie

Sep 17, 2020

View attachment 986228
That hair is mega cute! If you decide to fix the zigzag then feel free to share *wink wink hint hint*

FZML

Feb 25, 2020
Hi, I am searching for Syboulette Secuare Set and the Oh la la Set? I would be so happy if someone would share it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
4.80 star(s) 25 Votes