Mod Others The Sims 4: Mod Collection [K.Leoric]

4.80 star(s) 25 Votes

Do you want to divide the thread in 2 (CC and mod) or keep it as it is?

• divide

Votes: 537 54.8%
  • keep it as it is

Votes: 443 45.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Soccergod2666

Sep 21, 2017
okay im seriously having trouble here? first i get an origin error im using zl origin ? second which version of the game do i download? will this mod work with any version?

Moonny

May 12, 2018
I think this is nonsense. If something like this could be done, it would have already been done. Moreover, you are wrong, that’s what the dreamer writes in his topic on LL:
High-Quality animations
  • Particular care is given to create high-quality realistic animations thanks to the hand-made TITAN rig
  • Every body part is animated thanks to +45 new bones with fullbody physics and collisions
  • The TITAN rig is retro-compatible : old animations will still play the same

Just go and see its preview, these are not new rigs, this is simulated physics. It's just quackery, all that is written in his post on LL is just a fantasy for collecting donations.
I don't need to go and see the previews because I've been following his thread for a long time now. I have experience in Blender myself and I can tell you is not nonsense.

If you say that you crearly have no idea how rigs and adding new bones to the game works. How else do you think animators have been making animations with animated breasts and penis all this time when it wasn't possible back when WW came out? It's because people started making custom rigs with breasts and penis bones and added those new bones to the game.

As I said, the physics wouldn't be simulated on live by an in-game system, but by Blender's physics simulator and pre-recorded into the animations. I know at least Azmodan already animates breasts that way. Physics are nothing more than a fancy way of moving the meshes' vertices.

Redfaction is/was trying to add even more bones to the rig, but it isn't that simple because the game has a 180 bone cap and his rig is over it and you know what happens when you add more bones than the game can handle? It crashes, everytime. He can't continue unless someone finds a way to go over that cap or he reduces the number of bones his rig has.

He isn't even the first who has attempted this, there's a thread on Loverslab by who is trying to add animated vaginas and they're still stuck because of the damn bone cap.

So before making ignorant claims and saying that I'm wrong, plase read again Redfaction's thread and then about rigs and animating.

Last edited:

Nicodemus

Jun 30, 2017
I know that it is a subjective point of view, but I would like to get a poll of everyone's choice of mods for the realistic appearance of sims. IE.. body mod, skins for both male and female and things of that nature.

I appreciate y'all's input on this.

frankstallone

Jul 27, 2019
I like Luumia's smoothish II default replacement skin, sopor's breast mesh, kijiko's eyelashes, hiroki's better body, and wild guy's skin details. Sopor, wild guy, and Hiroki mods can be found in the Wicked Whims thread on LoversLab under the Optional Mods section.

If you use kijiko skin detail lashes it will block ring accessory items. You can use their glasses slot eyelashes to fix that, if your sim doesn't wear glasses.

Last edited:

doctr

Aug 13, 2018
I don't need to go and see the previews because I've been following his thread for a long time now. I have experience in Blender myself and I can tell you is not nonsense.

If you say that you crearly have no idea how rigs and adding new bones to the game works. How else do you think animators have been making animations with animated breasts and penis all this time when it wasn't possible back when WW came out? It's because people started making custom rigs with breasts and penis bones and added those new bones to the game.

As I said, the physics wouldn't be simulated on live by an in-game system, but by Blender's physics simulator and pre-recorded into the animations. I know at least Azmodan already animates breasts that way. Physics are nothing more than a fancy way of moving the meshes' vertices.

Redfaction is/was trying to add even more bones to the rig, but it isn't that simple because the game has a 180 bone cap and his rig is over it and you know what happens when you add more bones than the game can handle? It crashes, everytime. He can't continue unless someone finds a way to go over that cap or he reduces the number of bones his rig has.

He isn't even the first who has attempted this, there's a thread on Loverslab by who is trying to add animated vaginas and they're still stuck because of the damn bone cap.

So before making ignorant claims and saying that I'm wrong, plase read again Redfaction's thread and then about rigs and animating.
I have been working in the field of graphics for 8 years. The fact that animation is done using rigs is understandable, but he was going to add simulated physics and collision. This is impossible to do simply in the blender, he was going to add collisions and physics to all animations in the game and all existing WW animations, procedural animation is impossible without a physical engine, which is absent in sims 4.
Once again I say, look at his preview in the LL topic. There is not ordinary animation, but procedural.
And do not forget that adding a bunch of new rigs, all old animations and clothes will look wrong.
Even if I read it incorrectly, and he simply meant that his models with new rigs are fully compatible with old animations, I have little faith in this.
Yes, and the current animators are not very good at coping with the current number of rigs.

Last edited:
Reactions: M Schum

Moonny

May 12, 2018
I have been working in the field of graphics for 8 years. The fact that animation is done using rigs is understandable, but he was going to add simulated physics and collision. This is impossible to do simply in the blender, he was going to add collisions and physics to all animations in the game and all existing WW animations, procedural animation is impossible without a physical engine, which is absent in sims 4.
Once again I say, look at his preview
in the LL topic. There is not ordinary animation, but procedural.
And do not forget that adding a bunch of new rigs, all old animations and clothes will look wrong.
  1. He never said he would redo existing WW animations, that's up to the animators who made them. He only said that he would redo game animations if he had time.
  2. The game wouldn't need a physics engine becase everything would be premade in Blender and baked into the animations' keyframes, including collisions with the used mesh. The downside is that the animations would be static and wouldn't look good in sims that are thinner or fatter than the sim used for making the animation.
  3. He isn't adding anything completely new to the game, just improving what others have already done. Vertices move with bones, they can also be moved either manually or authomatically and physics simulators do the later. As I said,
  4. You can only have one custom rig installed at a time, so other rigs would need to be removed to avoid conflicts. The game's existing animations won't look wrong if the base bones are still there, the same will happen with custom animations if the breast and penis bones of the Titan rig are based on WW existing rig.
Could it be a scam? Yes, I've never said it couldn't. But not because physics and collisions can't be pre-baked in the animations, (there's proof that it can be done), but because they may never find a way to go over the bone cap or because he decides he doesn't have time to finish it.

Last edited:

doctr

Aug 13, 2018
You can only have one custom rig installed at a time, so other rigs would need to be removed to avoid conflicts. The game's existing animations won't look wrong if the base bones are still there, the same will happen with custom animations if the breast and penis bones of the Titan rig are based on WW existing rig.
If everything would be so simple, new bones would have already been added, well, and re-read my past message, I edited it immediately after publication.

GhostCanuck

Aug 19, 2019
I think you need a little romance relationship before the cherrypie action bubble shows up. And then just click on the sim whom you want to be with and thats how it works.
The Cherry Pie BJ animation is treated like a social interaction, not a sexual one. With that said, in order to get the best use out of this, is to set up your male outfits with one slot setup with full nude and hardon. When you click on Cherry Pie, Ask for BJ, the animation plays out, swap uniform with MC or you can do so just prior. I have not received a decline from a sim concerning this - although full disclosure, I haven't tried running around and just trying it on complete strangers. They will perform the action and if memory serves, it builds up "friendship" reputation. It is a little amusing seeing the females do that to other females because you'll need to give em a strapon and set it up like how you would do with the males but again, its a good way basically to just pin an NPC to one location and force develop a relationship so to speak. Also important to note that other sims walking by will not treat this interaction as a sexual act - so they wont join in or react etc.

Moonny

May 12, 2018
If everything would be so simple, new bones would have already been added, well, and re-read my past message, I edited it immediately after publication.
New bones have already been added. The game's original rig doesn't have penis bones, (it doesn't need them because there isn't a penis down there in the first place), and has fewer breast bones. If they haven't added more is because the super-rig they are trying to make would go over the 180 cap. Maybe if they leave hair bones out of it, it would be feasible.
Even if I read it incorrectly, and he simply meant that his models with new rigs are fully compatible with old animations, I have little faith in this.
Yes, you've read it wrong, because that's exactly what retro-compatible is.

Anyway, I'll leave it here because we're only cluttering the thread and making no progress.

Last edited:

doctr

Aug 13, 2018
New bones have already been added. The game's original rig doesn't have penis bones, (it doesn't need them because there isn't a penis down there in the first place), and has fewer breast bones. If they haven't added more is because the super-rig they are trying to make would go over the 180 cap. Maybe if they leave hair bones out of it, it would be feasible.

Yes, you've read it wrong, because that's exactly what retro-compatible is.

Anyway, I'll leave it here because we're only cluttering the thread and making no progress.
The penis does not affect the basic skeleton, it is just a separate accessory worn during WW animations (yes, it is combined with the lower mesh of the body, but its rigs are separate). In the case of what that guy wants to do, this is completely different, he needs to add new rigs without affecting the old ones, and for everything to work correctly. Again, I'm extremely unsure that he will succeed. Moreover, it should make this skeleton convenient for animators to work, because even with the current number of rigs, most animators do not deal very well with them.
Yep, really need to stop this discussion.

Last edited:

frankstallone

Jul 27, 2019
i havent put in the mod yet but the game is crashing when loading during the white screen? any advice?
Which mod? Do you have any mods installed? Have you tried moving your Mods folder out of the Sims directory and loading in without anything? Lots of mods can break the game after a major patch. It's impossible to know what's wrong without more information.

HeliosPirate

Dec 6, 2017
The penis does not affect the basic skeleton, it is just a separate accessory worn during WW animations (yes, it is combined with the lower mesh of the body, but its rigs are separate). In the case of what that guy wants to do, this is completely different, he needs to add new rigs without affecting the old ones, and for everything to work correctly. Again, I'm extremely unsure that he will succeed. Moreover, it should make this skeleton convenient for animators to work, because even with the current number of rigs, most animators do not deal very well with them.
Yep, really need to stop this discussion.
The penis is not an accessory at all. It’s a part of the bottom mesh. These bottoms mesh use the new bones created by azmodian and is implemented on WW now. Without the rig with these bones you don’t have the tongue (part of the head mesh), and bones for the penis (part of the bottom mesh).

Without the news rigs, you can’t move the tongue nor the penis, since the bones are non-existant without it. But you can still see them since they are part of the mesh.

What WW do is switching between two differents bottom mesh. IF no sex animations = the soft penis bottom mesh. With sex animations = the hard penis bottom mesh. Penises are not accessories in S4 because they need to be attached to the rig bones in order to be manipulated in blender for animations.

WW just use a script to switch between two differents bottom when necessary.

What redfaction is using is perfectly possible but I do not think his Titant rig will be compatible with WW at all.

Soccergod2666

Sep 21, 2017
Which mod? Do you have any mods installed? Have you tried moving your Mods folder out of the Sims directory and loading in without anything? Lots of mods can break the game after a major patch. It's impossible to know what's wrong without more information.
idk much either lol ill try to figure it out after some trial and error

MickCasanova

Sep 29, 2018
Tried the Cherry Pie BJ... Interesting, but meh... Unless it's going to compete directly with WW, there isn't much point in bothering with it. It's not any better or worse than many of the animations we already have in ww. Honestly, I think WW could use some competition.

• Love
Reactions: Dr.Buttlet

GhostCanuck

Aug 19, 2019
Tried the Cherry Pie BJ... Interesting, but meh... Unless it's going to compete directly with WW, there isn't much point in bothering with it. It's not any better or worse than many of the animations we already have in ww. Honestly, I think WW could use some competition.
Only thing I find it useful for is to pin down an npc and generate social interaction without having to click constant convo. But I agree, needs more meat to it so to speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
4.80 star(s) 25 Votes