Mod Others The Sims 4: Mod Collection [K.Leoric]

4.80 star(s) 25 Votes

Do you want to divide the thread in 2 (CC and mod) or keep it as it is?

• divide

Votes: 537 54.8%
  • keep it as it is

Votes: 443 45.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 4, 2019
Depends on what exactly you want to convert. sims studio is your tool and there are videos in youtube (about eyes mostly) but keep in mind that you will need to make something else into default in place.

Before you do anything though if it's cc that you want to convert try searching for non default version of it since most creators offer both options (default/non default) for such contents.
I do have the non-default version..it's a nude top a would like to make it into a preset but I can't see any tutorials

Cuckoo Kitty

CC Curator
Donor
Jan 22, 2019
I do have the non-default version..it's a nude top a would like to make it into a preset but I can't see any tutorials
I'm actually trying to figure this out as well, if it is possible to turn a bottom or top mesh into a preset.
I would like to do the same thing. It appears I will need to use TS4MorphMaker. There are some tutorials online for that. I have never done this before. I do not know if the software will support extracting meshes from existing mods for such conversions. If someone is 'in the know' feel free to shed some light on this. Thanks in advance.

Edit: I watched an interesting tutorial which involves exporting the mesh of the sim you wish to make a preset for, then modify the original in blender. Once done, the original version and the edited mesh are used to make 'dmaps' which are used in creating the preset. It is my understanding that an existing mod.package will not have the necessary data since the preset is made entirely in TS4MMaker. The preset is the whole body (or head) versus a worn mesh which would be a Top, Bottom or other form of attachment.

My next step is to make a comparison of a 'preset' versus a 'worn top' to see if there is a hidden setting I could use to see if we can trick CAS into seeing it as a preset.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChaoticHarmony
Jan 4, 2019
I would like to do the same thing. It appears I will need to use TS4MorphMaker. There are some tutorials online for that. I have never done this before. I do not know if the software will support extracting meshes from existing mods for such conversions. If someone is 'in the know' feel free to shed some light on this. Thanks in advance.
I'm actually trying to figure this out as well, if it is possible to turn a bottom or top mesh into a preset.
seems like we all need some help :D

NutInShell

Dec 1, 2019
Well... That seems tough one ... To my understanding converting something means you change it into another category for cas like default eyes changing into make up or face paint for example. The nude top you mention the only way i can think of is changing it into tattoos (so they will not override possible clothing) and the following problems occuring:
1) Need to use a program like blend and separate the top into all different areas of tattoos that the studio supports accurately and that means you need to retexture edges also along with finding the correct areas and sizes.
2) You will need to do a lot of them in recolouring for every skins and skintones you are using in your game so they will not showing out of place since they will be fixed and not optimized from skin options any longer.
3) Personally on nude parts haven't yet found ids to change since all of them appear as straight zeros (unique id is needed so the cc is addressing the correct game address and not conflicting with other things).

Not sure if more experienced people have some breakthrough in this but for my limited knowledge this project does not appear a shane idea for so much effort and so little to give.

PS TURBOBIT from ww mod created something similiar for male genitals part to work as tattoos although this area had less space to cover and was not multiparted like an entire top. try contact him since he helps a lot of modders with their problems but seriously consider doing it only for breasts for example XD.

Cuckoo Kitty

CC Curator
Donor
Jan 22, 2019
.....TURBOBIT from ww mod created something similiar for male genitals part to work as tattoos although this area had.....
I believe you are correct. I am pretty sure I read somewhere that mesh attachments such as Tops or Bottoms use a tattoo slot. Not sure if it is hardcoded into the game itself or if it is a mod workaround for WW compatibility.

Reactions: Belondin

NutInShell

Dec 1, 2019
I believe you are correct. I am pretty sure I read somewhere that mesh attachments such as Tops or Bottoms use a tattoo slot. Not sure if it is hardcoded into the game itself or if it is a mod workaround for WW compatibility.
No it's the valid options that sims 4 studio gives you in categories and you know you are gonna need it to add your cc in the game so... Their rules are the lmits :/

Jan 4, 2019
Well... That seems tough one ... To my understanding converting something means you change it into another category for cas like default eyes changing into make up or face paint for example. The nude top you mention the only way i can think of is changing it into tattoos (so they will not override possible clothing) and the following problems occuring:
1) Need to use a program like blend and separate the top into all different areas of tattoos that the studio supports accurately and that means you need to retexture edges also along with finding the correct areas and sizes.
2) You will need to do a lot of them in recolouring for every skins and skintones you are using in your game so they will not showing out of place since they will be fixed and not optimized from skin options any longer.
3) Personally on nude parts haven't yet found ids to change since all of them appear as straight zeros (unique id is needed so the cc is addressing the correct game address and not conflicting with other things).

Not sure if more experienced people have some breakthrough in this but for my limited knowledge this project does not appear a shane idea for so much effort and so little to give.

PS TURBOBIT from ww mod created something similiar for male genitals part to work as tattoos although this area had less space to cover and was not multiparted like an entire top. try contact him since he helps a lot of modders with their problems but seriously consider doing it only for breasts for example XD.
Thank you but I ended up messaging the creator of the nude top and he said that presets are on his to-do list :D But really thank you for this!

• Red Heart
Reactions: NutInShell

Nicodemus

Jun 30, 2017
Um im pretty sure that the outfit and hair in the second pic is from simplicaity, they are also on the booty
Thanks for the find of the outfit of the second pic. Any ideas of the one with the black and purple hair (First pictured)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
4.80 star(s) 25 Votes