Mod Others The Sims 4: Mod Collection [K.Leoric]

4.80 star(s) 25 Votes

Do you want to divide the thread in 2 (CC and mod) or keep it as it is?

• divide

Votes: 537 54.8%
  • keep it as it is

Votes: 443 45.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLabBrat

Oct 17, 2017
Can someone give me a quick rundown on what to do when the game updates? Do I just stop playing for a few days to a week?
That's going to depend on the mods you use and how fast they are updated. Some mods get updated faster than others, so it's hard to say. It will probably take less than a week. While not released yet, it seems that mccc, ww and basemental mods do get updated often and usually within a day or so it seems unless stated otherwise (such as on vacation, etc...).

Shannis14

Dec 3, 2017
So basically I shouldn't update yet...I own all the broken mods
Yeah i wouldn't if i were you. I didn't realise there was an update today so my game automatically installed it when i logged on, now i have to wait for my mods to update before i can play. It's especially annoying as i don't plan on buying that awful game pack.

xxXXxxxn

Apr 7, 2020
the pack is actually so much worse than i thought it would be. first off, the new world is a vacation world so....second off, there's NO lots. like, how do you fuck it up SO badly? there's no new traits, and the new clothes are lackluster as fuck. if you're going to try to make a pack that no one asked for, atleast make it playable. i would say i'm disappointed, but i'm not disappointed for myself. i'm disappointed for the simmers who said that they're huge star wars fans and that they're excited. they'll be crushed..... thanks again ea! and for also breaking our mods with a shitty update for a shitty pack!!!! :sleep:

arkane378

Aug 3, 2018
About the game patch. People complain about issues in the game needing fixed, and then complain when they do and break mods. Learn to stop auto updating, and play until the mods get updated.

Reactions: Belondin

xxXXxxxn

Apr 7, 2020
About the game patch. People complain about issues in the game needing fixed, and then complain when they do and break mods. Learn to stop auto updating, and play until the mods get updated.
i would also like to add that you should check to see if your favorite mods got updated. i didnt know that there was a new update or that they broke mods until i started looking around on this thread

TheLabBrat

Oct 17, 2017
Some people just like to check out mods if they have been updated before updating the game and you can play without mods. It's a personal choice.

Cuckoo Kitty

CC Curator
Donor
Jan 22, 2019
You can resolve PATCH DAY WOES by following the guides in the SIMS 4 TUTORIAL section. I have not updated my game yet but getting the 'phlegm wars' vacation is inevitable. Therefore, I am collecting updated mods and storing them separately for when I choose to apply the patches. I have already backed up my game so that I can revert to the older version if necessary. Prior to update, I will make sure all mod issues are addressed by research and I will run my skin files through the latest s4s since I understand there will be a problem with those. I expect a week or two before I upgrade... first 'cross my eyes' and 'dot my tees' then scratch it and reverse. I must be a glutton for punishment to put myself through this every time a patch is pushed... SMH.

Status
Not open for further replies.
4.80 star(s) 25 Votes