5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Cuckoo Kitty

CC Curator
Donor
Jan 22, 2019
The Sims 4 Tutorial
Optimizing Your Mods & Finding CC

sims.png
First, an expression of gratitude. MANY THANKS to all who contribute to our community; to the staff and moderators who facilitate these discussions and other outlets which share TS4 content illegally locked behind paywalls. MANY THANKS to those who share such content and/or provide support for the game which is often poorly given on official channels. When we share information openly and freely... EVERYONE BENEFITS.

This new topic is the result of seeing things repetitiously on F95ZONE. Especially on boards where CC is shared. I have written a few short guides to help people to fix problems with their custom content and tips on finding mods to add to their game. By placing this information here, it should be easier for newcomers to find. Check back often, I plan to keep this guide updated.

THIS IS NOT A SUPPORT DESK and THIS IS NOT A REQUEST THREAD.

NONO.jpg
Module INSTALLATION:
Most of you should already know how to install mods but for those of you who do not, click the spoiler and watch this video... Pay very close attention, he demonstrates how to enable script mods and where to put them. If you are new to the Sims 4 do not skip this section.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Troubleshooting Mods:

If you circumvented the official EA/Origin applications by using the updater or use leaked CC, you will not get support from official channels and may earn the scorn of die-hard simmers. YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN! Throwing mods into your game recklessly without reading the documentation is EXTREMELY DUMB! You can break the game or worse! I am guilty of doing this same exact thing. Instead of asking questions on a forum, I did some research and this document is a compilation of my experiences with custom content.

If you can learn from your mistakes, you are smart but if you learn from SOMEONE ELSE'S mistakes, you are a genius!

Running your Sims 4 game smoothly is as Easy as 1-2-3! Pay close attention and you will go far.
  1. ORGANIZE THAT CESSPOOL - YOUR 'MOD FOLDER' - Categorize each CC you collect in folders - script mods should be no more than 1 folder deep. Be creative, use your own naming conventions. When you organize your stuff it makes finding bad mods easier. If you do not know what a mod does, do not use it until you know for certain what kind of functions it adds or removes from your game. A 'temp' or 'work' directory can be used to test newly installed mods before you categorize them. I test new mods one at a time to make sure nothing is broken before I categorize them. See post 11 for a tool which automates folder sorting.
  2. READ THE BLOODY MANUAL - Someone took the time to write documentation, do not insult their intelligence by ignoring it! People are sick of answering stupid questions which are already covered in the user guide. PAY VERY CLOSE ATTENTION to the game version required by the MOD. Be aware that some mods may conflict with others, this will also be defined in official MOD literature. Your user experience is YOUR responsibility... READ, LEARN and ENJOY!
  3. KEEP YOUR GAME AND MODS UPDATED - If you want your game to perform optimally, you should keep it's content up to date.... ESPECIALLY SCRIPT MODS. If you did step two, and you are getting errors, then might help you to find the culprit. Alternatively, you can try the 50/50 method of rooting out problems with CC, this is especially true after an EA upgrade. I can safely say that 99.5% of problems can be solved with this method. Now, before you update READ THIS. You'll be thanking me later!
PATCH DAY WOES?

This one should be really easy if you categorized all of your mods. I will start in my SCRIPT mods folder and visit the website for each item and ensure the mod creator has given word it is compatible. I keep a list of websites for this purpose. Once that folder is completed, I will go to my TRAITS directory and perform the same task. If this is your first time doing this, open notepad and jot down these things for future reference. Animations, clothing, presets, cosmetics, furniture and the like will not always be affected by updates but be aware problems could happen. It is always a good measure to check the official SIMS 4 forums for MOD reports as well.

Do you have anomalies or graphical glitches after an update? Disable all mods and try running the game again. Did the problem go away? If so, it is a mod problem and you can use the 50/50 method to find out what is causing it. If the problem persists without any mods, it is a bug which should be reported to EA/Maxis. It is a good idea to download ALL mod updates BEFORE allowing Origin, Steam or Codex to update your game.

Bone collisions with height sliders? SEE POST 7

FINDING Custom Content:
For those of you looking for some awesome places to get CC including some leaked content, this listing should help you achieve your goal. This list is not meant to be exhaustive, new places for obtaining CC are cropping up all the time. I have included some sources EVERYONE SHOULD KNOW for completeness. As always; make sure you have anti virus/malware installed for peace of mind when surfing for custom content.
(Fortune favors those who make good use of this - see below*)
(contains deprecated content - use at your own risk)
(SFS repo with lots and lots of liberated custom content!)
(Adult mods only - updates regularly, sometimes before f95 - use translator)
(Registration required - Adult mods for Skyrim, Fallout, Sims 4 and MORE!)
( 'web directory' listing is used - ideal for advanced users)
(Many patreon developers listed here - updates unpredictable if ever)
(126 photo albums chock full of GREAT content - use translator)
(Lots of great content, categorized - Registration required - use translator)
(193 galleries loaded with aggregated content - use translator)
(Contains some content I have not seen elsewhere - well worth a look)
(regularly updated CC from LOTS of artists)
(Offers Adult content, unique mods and news for simmers)
(Find fantastic lots, CC mega packs, tutorials and more - use )
(Modding tool. UPDATE this software when EP, GP or SP are released)
Fix DEFAULT skins with Sims4Studio: Click HERE.​

EVEN MORE CONTENT GALLERIES TO PERUSE:
Realtime Translators:
  • Mozilla based browsers (Firefox, Waterfox, Iceweasel & the like)
  • Webkit/Blink based browsers (Chrome, Vivaldi, Opera & others)
There are other websites I chose not to list here, those are well known directories such as TSC, TSR or S4U. This list represents my personal go-to places when seeking items which may be locked behind a paywall or no longer available through their original blog posts. Feel free to share the domains you use for finding leaked or rare cc.

Considerations: The odds of obtaining pay-walled content depends on how popular the designer is. Someone with 16 supporters is less likely to become available than someone with 500+ patrons. Some CC devs do not give download links to their supporters. Instead they are added to a mailing list. This further restricts their users because the creators can deny access to portions of the content unless more money is paid up front. They could impose content limits per month to entrap users to stay supporters for a longer period of time. They can also SELL their mailing list and profit from the SPAM in your mailbox. Take the time to examine the procedures CC makers employ before sponsoring them, it could save you some headaches in the long run. Keep in mind: Just because content is behind a paywall does NOT mean it is better. Patreon trolls love to put up eye catching presentations in order to trick you into buying their JUNK. They hire shills to praise the content on BLOGS in exchange for perks. These scammers use fancy lighting effects and photoshop to make their offering look fantastic but when you get the package, it looks like the same old detritus everyone else is pushing for free! Watch out for that!

*Google Search - A POWERFUL TOOL!

Most cloud storage services like Mega or Mediafire WILL NOT allow you to search their servers for uploads, even when using a search engine like google. I decided to do a little experiment with and made an interesting discovery. It appears search engines have indexed the content folders and that means you can search them with Google!

Examples:
  • ts4 site:simfileshare.net (the sims 4 graveyard came up first in the list)
  • lynxsimz site:simfileshare.net (produced TONS of results from various uploaders)
  • leosims site:simfileshare.net (again... more content to pull into your game)
  • "include" and -exclude items from your search: "party" -dress site:simfileshare.net
  • ts4 site:share.dmca.gripe (find content on dcma.gripe)
Just because Mega, Mediafire and other file sharing sites do not allow site search, does not mean you cannot find content posted on them. instead use Google this way.
  • "sims 4" "mega.nz" (will list websites who show visible MEGA links)
  • "sims 4" "mediafire.com" (offers listings with visible mediafire links)
You can try other file-share hosts in much the same way but be careful, with this method, you are bound to run into SPAM links in your search results. Make sure to have your ad-blockers, and other defense mechanisms at the ready. If you are paranoid like me, put on your tinfoil hat and use Linux (post 13) to safely surf the internet!

Leakers may opt to use the aforementioned services to make it easy for people to obtain pre-releases and now you know how to find them. You can try Google site search on almost any domain to get better results than their internal searches provide. If there is something I want to find on LoversLab for the Sims 4, I will site search it with google. Persistence pays off... With a little bit of effort, you will find a world of riches to add to your game!

Perverted FUN : Devious Desires? Wicked Whims? or BOTH?

Both sex interaction utilities have their pro's and cons. DD has the smallest footprint and is ideal for legacy gaming machines, it also has better compatibility with attachments. WW on the other hand has the most features and requires more machine resources. When used with MCCC new users may become overwhelmed with the convoluted settings menus. POPULAR ANIMATION PACKS IN USE TODAY CAN BE USED WITH DD AND WW. DD and it's dependencies are incompatible with WW and MCCC due to malicious code designed to throw exception errors (even CRASH games) on users who want to use DD or any mods requiring the "Sims 4 community library". Here is how you can try both and decide which is better suited for your gaming needs.

OK! That should be enough to keep you guys busy for a while. You are encouraged to share your own tutorials and links to content repositories in this section. The purpose of this thread is information only. Use this material to FIX ANY GAME PROBLEMS YOURSELF. Please do not post questions or requests of any kind. This is not the place for that. If you absolutely MUST make a request or ask a question, CLICK THIS LINK and post your query there.
In closing:
I would like to try to keep this section neat and organized. If you find the content to be useful to you, please drop a "LIKE" instead of making a new 'thank you' post. It is very easy for stuff to get buried in a forum and the goal is to make this information EASILY ACCESSIBLE to newcomers.

If you have a tutorial to share which would solve any issue that has not been covered on this page, you are welcome to post it here. I will review and link submissions to the OP where appropriate.

Peace & Love

By the way... See
POST 17

Last edited:

NutInShell

Dec 1, 2019

(maxis compatible non hq mostly)

(french site that has even 1 pack lots or sims)

(mods only sites)

(Another site with big selection of everything)

(Some quality build/buy cc)

(some raw links for targeted cc)

(tubnir cc directory site with descent search tool /catalog capabilities)

(Italian forum)

(various cc)

(some really good sims)

Some bonus folders to explore ;)

More will be added at later date XD

this is a guide/help site for new players on how to mod your game and some more.

Last edited:

Cuckoo Kitty

CC Curator
Donor
Jan 22, 2019
More Sims 4 Goodness from Russia!
To get the most out of these finds, make sure you are using a translator.

- Categorized content for The Sims 3 and 4
- Find content by Category or Creator. Great layout!
- Don't let the name FOOL you, they have lots of sims 4 content here.
- New content added daily, listed by category and date.

Sims4Pack is my personal favorite out of this fresh batch... All of these have some excellent finds. Enjoy.

The ORIGINAL POST has also been updated with additional content: Using Google to get the most out of yiff.party.

Last edited:

Cuckoo Kitty

CC Curator
Donor
Jan 22, 2019
If you are looking for a list of WW animators and the types of animations they make (MF - FF - MM) check out . There is a lot of good information for those looking to spice up their game!

--------------------------------

Oct 1, 2020 - This will get lost on the MODS thread...
SHARE IN A WAY YOU ARE COMFORTABLE WITH:
It has come to my attention that there are are some who do not appreciate our community effort of organizing a directory for all of the yiff.party links. It was NEVER my intent to do away with MEGA and it NEVER WILL BE. I feel that all leakers should share CC in a manner they are most comfortable with, after all you are spending your money to liberate mods which are illegally locked behind a paywall for the benefit of others. This is an act of love and kindness. Nobody should ever feel pressured to choose one sharing format over another. I want to make it clear that I am against abandoning Mega, dcma.gripe, sfs or any other platform in favor of yiff. We have several choices so that in case one goes down, we have other options to get that material. I have no control over how people share their content, I still see content being added to the Mega and I use it myself to acquire new mods. As a Leaker, I put content on yiff because it cannot be directly traced to me nor my patreon account. Others may find that sharing in the MEGA is more convenient for them. Regardless of how YOU choose to share, all methods are acceptable. Lets try to avoid drama over how the data is being distributed and work together to make this sharing platform great! PEACE!

Last edited:

Belondin

Jul 6, 2019
Admittedly I haven't look, but adding a little note on bone collision when using height sliders might come in handy (and that the solution is simply unloading+loading the effected mesh, just the way zooming all the way out and zooming all the way back does); since it's a concern that sprungs in the other thread from time to time and it does not warrant a personalized response.

I envy your patience and commend the work you've done instilling much needed order 'round here,
thanks spankz12.

Edit: In the spirit of clarity, I'm providing a non-exhaustive list of solution alternatives. This glitch is consistently consequence of height sliders, but it can happen with say, hand sliders or feet sliders too. So, yeah; solutions!:
  • Closing and booting up the game.
  • Updating the graphic options.
  • Traveling to a different lot. Switching between sims in different lots.
  • Swapping saves.
  • Zoom all the way out. Zoom back.
  • Point the camera far away, so the effected mesh is out of view, and wait a bit. Then pan back.
  • Move the camera far away from the effected mesh, wait a bit. Bring the camera back to where it was.
  • If you have sims far away from each other in the same lot, focus on one while zooming in and wait. At the same zoom, center the camera on the effected sim/mesh.
All of this previous points fulfill the "unload+load" mesh principle; basically you want to force the game to swap the detailed mesh for the memory saving one, "signaling" the game it doesn't need to render it by taking it out of focus. And when you focus back, the game loads the detailed mesh again, properly now.

DISCLAIMER: This does not solve: broken meshes, meshes not installed, outdated meshes, eyelash mesh related glitches or general bad mod management & official (LOL) bugs. Because this glitch is about bone collision, what the mesh renders like is just the symptom.

in the image, example of glitched foot and hand

Last edited:

flescu

Jan 31, 2017
To keep a clean mod folder i use the lazy people way, modfoldertools from loverslab.

Removes duplicates and
tries to autosort your mods by author and after using it for about a year i think it works quite well.

Last edited:

arkane378

Aug 3, 2018
To keep a clean mod folder i use the lazy people way, modfoldertools from loverslab.

Removes duplicates and
tries to autosort your mods by author and after using it for about a year i think it works quite well.
I had tried this, i found it to be flawed. (one that i remember was that when removing duplicates, it would sometimes move newer files out of my mod folder. (instead of the older copies) there was other errors but i do not recall what they were)

Reactions: Mirkoni and PXLdust

Cuckoo Kitty

CC Curator
Donor
Jan 22, 2019
LQQKS LIKE dcma.gripe is gone! Oh well, there are plenty of other alternatives...

Yandisk Links (old content)
TS4 Pay Sites - A to M:
TS3 Patreon -

I plan to keep this section updated when new shares become available.

Last edited:

Cuckoo Kitty

CC Curator
Donor
Jan 22, 2019
Use Linux within windows to surf the internet using VirtualBOX and enjoy peace of mind... . You can also , then you can connect a flash drive to your virtual machine for downloading data to... Prior to introducing downloaded CC into your windows system, you can virus scan that thumb drive for optimal safety.

Note: While not impervious to threats, Linux is immune to viruses made for Windows. The odds of getting a virus or ransomware on Linux is EXTREMELY RARE which makes it an excellent choice for safely using the internet.

Support for running Ubuntu is available .
The user experience has similarities. You should have intermediate computer skills before trying this.

Do you already use Linux and want to HARDEN your wine installation? See THIS POST!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1692680

It's Time to PARTY @ The Yiff!

DaniShayFuller & arkane378 shared their lists for Yiff.Party. I alphabetized, removed duplicates, removed non-sims4 content and added a few of my own. This directory is NOT meant to be exhaustive. If your favorite creator is not listed here then you can search for them on google. Example: will revreal most of the Sims 4 creators listed there. ALSO: Some of the TS4 artists displayed here will have content under the "SHARED FILES" tab which is located above the categories. You can download content packs other users leaked and you can share stuff too. This is convenient because some developers send CC via instant message instead of posting links on their patreon.

Reminder: This is not a request thread. Questions and requests go
HERE.

acanthussims
adrienpastel
afrosimmer
alonely
AggressiveKitty
aharris00britney
Alf-si
allbyglaza
antosims
Arnie Plus
ArtUrlWWW
aroundthesims
BadddieSims
bank42n
basemental
belaoallure
brandysims
BrazenLotus
candysims4
Cherry_Pie
clumsyalien
cocogames
Colores Urbanos
complexsims
Cooper322
cosplaysimmer
daisypixels
Darkos
Darte77
ddarkstonee
Deaderpool
devilangelsims
Dumbaby
Ebonixsims
Eclypt0Sims
elfdor
EnriqueS4
error404phillips
Fallen_Angel_Games
felixandre
FlashBangZ
flerb
goppolsme
gorillax3
Grafity-cc
Gramsims
GreyNaya
grimcookies
Grusel
HerMajestyBuilds
Hiroki
icecreamforbreakfast
icemunmun
ilkavelle
ir7770
JayBird_TheNerd
joliebean
KawaiiStacie
KellyHB
kenzar
kiarasims4mods
ksuihuh
leosims
Lifeline
littlbowbub
LittleDoxy
LittleMsSam
lotharihoe
lumpinou
lupobianco
lynxsimz
madlen
magicbot
marlynsims
mayasimscc
McLayneSims
melissasims
melunn
midnitetech
mike24
missme
Moonchild
MoonDollMods
motherlodesims
MrBASins
mrrakkonn
Mssims4
natalia_auditore
NativesSims4
Newen sims
NisaKsPervs
noiranddark
nomorebadtownies
nonvmesims
northernsiberiawinds
obscurus-sims
oni28
paulson
peco328
pepesim
PepperoniPuffin
phoenixsims
pimpmysims4
PLASTICsimz
plazasims
pralinesims
rebekhanasims
redheadsimscc
RIMINGs
rustysims
SACRIFICIAL
SALARMOJS
Saurus
savagesims
sentate
Serinion
SHEnanigans
SheSims
shoestopia
sim4bonita
simduction
simdulgence
SimMandy
simpliciaty
simrealist
sims3melancholic
Sims41ife
sims4imagination
sims4marigold
Sims 4 Nexus
sims4sue
sims4you
simschino
simscolony
SimsCustom
simstrouble:
simtographies
slayclassy
slephora
slox
SMSims
sonyasims
sorafoxyteils
SrslySims
sstormyy
SSTS
sudal
sugarbaby_sims
terfearrence
thepancake1
thesimarchitect
thisisthem
tonicmole
trillyke
TURBODRIVER
twistedMexi
unsolvedcipher
VariSimmer
weerbesu
WistfulCastle
XxBlacksims
Yourdorkbrains
This list will be updated as my free time permits.
As of 7 SEP 2020 This list contains all of the CC creators I could find on yiff.

You are a beautiful person, thank you for doing this.

Cuckoo Kitty

CC Curator
Donor
Jan 22, 2019
January 26, 2024

WOW... I stopped playing TS4 for a year or two. I stored my SIMS content on an OLD HDD that went bad so I actually had to refer to my OP to teach me my dirty tricks all over again. Luckily I had my biggest CHEAT SHEET right here on F95Zone! I updated the post today to reflect current trends. I am sure I missed a few things but I may add more to the post in the near future...

March 7, 2024
I have been gaming on Linux for the past 17 years. Did you know that The Sims 4 runs well on Linux? Here is a tutorial which ! Interestingly, Many of your STEAM games also run on Linux using Valve's " " compatibility layer. If you have a spare computer lying around, you can breathe new life into that hardware by trying Linux. If this has sparked your interest, here is a you can look into.

Last edited:

Cuckoo Kitty

CC Curator
Donor
Jan 22, 2019
UPDATES: THIS PART PISSES EVERYONE OFF!

SOMETIMES EA LOVES TO SCREW THE POOCH! They will issue an update that breaks stuff. ---DO NOT UPDATE YOUR GAME ON PATCH DAY--- Unless you are a glutton for punishment! Wait until the update has been issued and then see if people are complaining about it. Did EA add SPAM to the GAME? (Yep, they sure did and I think millions of ANGRY simmers are ready for a midnight protest at EA corporate offices with torches, pitchforks and other melee weaponry!) Did the UPDATE BREAK SCRIPT MODS? It might be a good idea to wait a week or two until those problems are resolved. HOT TIP: Put your game in so you are not forced to upgrade until you are ready. As a reward for reading this edifying rant, here is a worth it's weight in GOLD! will tell you if the mods you enjoy using are working with the latest patch. It might be a good idea to bookmark this link, hey?

This trick works great if you want to PATCH then ROLL BACK when you find out EA dumped a big smelly TURD on everyone! ::::: Before updating: I copy my "TS4 install directory" and "Documents\Electronic Arts" tree to a safe location. If I do not like the changes from the update, I delete the updated "TS4 Directory" and "Docs\EA" tree and replace them with my backups. This way I can go back to playing the game in a way I am comfortable with. Screw them! I am not gonna be one of their LAB RATS --- I will keep the game offline ( *) and upgrade later when it is safe to do so.

*A Linux sandboxing utility which can limit running processes from accessing the internet or interacting with operating system components.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Xbax series K

Cuckoo Kitty

CC Curator
Donor
Jan 22, 2019
Gay WW Content

Quality gay content for Wicked Whims (or DD) is extremely difficult to find. Most of the gender agnostic content in circulation is garbage. There may be 2 or 3 decent animations in a 200Meg package worth using. Vaginal animations in a MM scene can have unsightly distortions. If I knew how to DUMP animations that are worth keeping from said packs, I could save lots of hard drive space!

Mainstream animators are mostly doing M/F and the odds of finding F/F animations are much much greater than locating good M/M content. The only reason some developers are making them is in hopes they can corner a chunk of the gay male market. If you look on Lovers Lab, there is a huge demand for MM, MMM, MMMM sequences but many creators have no interest in filling that need. This changed when Khlas stepped into the arena and ushered in animated orifices for men.

is cranking out fantastic (gay only) animations which support the newest rigs but his productions are at a very slow pace due to the complexity of his work. In addition to the animations he also has other quality gifts for his patrons on release date. He only posts these packages 3 - 5 times a year. Presently, I am ONLY using Khlas' work but I will pop in some others to switch things up from time to time.

For those looking for MM content, you can look at some of these creators.
(HINT: You can find many of these on Lovers Lab or Kemono.su)

• Khlas - Simply the BEST!
  • Yrsa Rainbow Pack - some OK
  • Sucre - old anims
  • Darkos - has body mods too
  • e404p - OK I guess
  • NNISM - has clothing too
  • ttss - has CC for men as well
  • JadeScorpion - OK I guess
  • TheGamerBoy - old anims
  • Supern4tural -occult stuff
  • Desiree - old animations
  • Anarcis - some good, most BAD
  • Lupobianco - more options for furniture animations AND quality is starting to catch up to Khlas!
If you have any suggestions for items to add to this list, feel free to DM me. Thank you.

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote