Mod Others The Sims 4: Mod Collection [K.Leoric]

4.80 star(s) 25 Votes

Do you want to divide the thread in 2 (CC and mod) or keep it as it is?

• divide

Votes: 537 54.8%
  • keep it as it is

Votes: 443 45.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyons

Oct 7, 2018
Do some mod creators feel like they can't accurately help people with cracked games, are they just snarky/nasty because they actually at one point paid for ts4 subpar content?

I don't need support with anything. Just curious about this bold and loud disclaimer in a lot of discords.
I think the trouble about helping people with cracked games is that in most majority people's problems are due to game updates they don't yet have or perhaps an error that their cracked game has? Not sure since my game isn't cracked. It could also be because some modders just don't wanna support piracy (whatever their reasoning behind this might be, since some have questionable values). Anyways, I've recently downloaded a mod that included a lot and I happened to discover more about that modder in question than if I had their biography. :)

Cuckoo Kitty

CC Curator
Donor
Jan 22, 2019
I think the trouble about helping people with cracked games is
Do some mod creators feel like they can't accurately help people with cracked games
I will concur with what Lyons stated. Even if the game is fully updated, the mod developer cannot support a patched game because it could (unlikely) interfere with their module, or they are just plain lazy and refuse to support multiple versions, they will treat you like a thief because you opted out of the latest buggy (looking at you batuu) patch. Some are so vehement against piracy AND/OR mod developers they do not like that they will refuse support for even mentioning their name.

Another thing to consider, trying to run Windows games on an OS it was not made for (like Linux or FreeBSD) often REQUIRES a hacked EXE because the legit one could use DRM that will not run... Even some Windows users have a legit game and use a crack because they do not want the kids to destroy the installation media which cannot be duplicated. SMH.

Cove Holden

Mar 6, 2018
Do some mod creators feel like they can't accurately help people with cracked games, are they just snarky/nasty because they actually at one point paid for ts4 subpar content?

I don't need support with anything. Just curious about this bold and loud disclaimer in a lot of discords.
I don't know really. I always assumed that they assumed that files between the cracked version and a legitimate version were completely different.

That's really not the case.

The files are all exactly the same which is how you can go online and download the files for a game on Skidrow then purchase a genuine license through Steam and play it without issue. Some people do that to avoid download times.

The only difference is the cracked version has files that either spoofs the store front/launcher (i.e. Origin, Stream, Epic), a genuine licenses, pass online checks, etc. I'm not sure what kind of DRM that EA uses for The Sims, I'm assuming some form of Denuvo.

However, some people just wanna be white knights about it, as if EA really needs any more money. It's best just not to worry about it. Other than the crack, there is no difference in game files and this is coming from someone who plays The Sims through legit Origin and ZLOrigin.

Besides, if you ever have problems in your game, they're really easy to fix if you take the time and figure out whats wrong. Sometimes I feel like these discords that they use as support hotlines just freak people out, making them think the problem is worse than it is.

9/10 times it's just a feral mod, not the end of the world.

Feb 27, 2020
Miskatonic Medical School from Bride of Re-Animator lot made by me. CC by other folks. some of it is mine, mostly signs and other crap. All packed together. Should work for any version I used no windows or doors CC just medical objects and some recolors. No scripting included I'm still working on that just the lot. This one is half the size of my previous hospital. Let me know how it works out...

tirex50

Apr 23, 2020
Saw this on and figured I'd share. It's good to do this to streamline your game, especially if you are like me and constantly add/remove mods and CC. 3 options for you. All options get the same results.
But what should the script look like if I transferred the documents folder to disk E ?

Curious Kitty

Feb 26, 2018

I don't think it's anything like personal like that, discord and most mod sites have rules against piracy and giving support for cracked game installations,
Creators and members alike are subject to warnings or ban if they are seen to be actively helping out or linking such things,
You get the odd white Knight but most are just protecting their account/server

Last edited:

bdxb8912

Jun 3, 2019
But what should the script look like if I transferred the documents folder to disk E ?
Should work fine if you point to the specific disk and directory, e.g. just switch out %USERPROFILE%\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\cache for E:\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\cache depending on what your structure looks like

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
4.80 star(s) 25 Votes