Mod Others The Sims 4: Mod Collection [K.Leoric]

4.80 star(s) 25 Votes

Do you want to divide the thread in 2 (CC and mod) or keep it as it is?

• divide

Votes: 537 54.8%
  • keep it as it is

Votes: 443 45.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 27, 2020
It breaks the hospital career lot too. I mean the code part will work but if you play YOUR old save with brookheights installed the lot is super bare haha. Idk why dude didnt clone a world and strip that instead. You can even make that cloned world a hidden or vacation lot, strip out all the objects and start Mexi TOOL placin shit

MickCasanova

Sep 29, 2018
As promised, I am receiving the files as I type and my sister is double checking for me, if they are complete. It is a lot of doors, arches and windows, so these are large files. Part I, already uploaded to Yiff as soon we are done checking the second part I will uploaded. Note that since the second part is larger than what is permitted, I may have to split it in 2 parts, but I assure you everything will be there. There will also be a file which is not a package but a binary, do not, I repeat! Do Not delete, it needs to go together with the updated files in your mods folder, if not you will get strange borked windows and doors.
Edit: The Second batch of fixed Windows, arches and doors have been uploaded and yes, it includes the Kyoto set :
I named the files: Oct_Update_1 and Oct_Update_2 , as with all my shares, it will be in the Shared Files section that should be showing 5 shared files now. Enjoy!
This is most appreciated, unfortunately, the reflections are broken on these as well. Even on doors, windows, and arches that appear to work, the reflections on all doors and windows are broken. EA needs to stop screwing things up.

Edit: I suppose I should clarify what I mean by "reflections". I set up two walls, one behind the other. On one wall, I placed mirror panels end to end, and a brick texture. On the wall directly in front of it, I put doors, windows, arches and the same brick texture, and observed whether they reflected on the mirrored wall behind. The only visible portion of any door, window, or arch in the reflection was the frame. Even on the arches you could only see the wall texture.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: grieralexander

Cuckoo Kitty

CC Curator
Donor
Jan 22, 2019
Instead of popcorn, this time I am gnawing on some greasy microwave PORK RINDS.
Why doesn't EA say something about this, well pretty sure they knew this guy was pullin a fast one, they are the experts after all
That is what I thought when Arnie was talking about this mod... I am still waiting on DARK MODE that he promised on his patreon, I do not give a crap about this... When I saw the video stating you had to load his save file I was shaking my head and yelling NO NO NO NO NO!

NikkieAngel

Apr 8, 2020
So yeah, I tried the Brookheights mod and I have to say I'm a little disappointed. I think it's really great that a Modder tried to create an open world, but this didn't feel like an open world, more like one big lot, which is what it is. I know this is still the beta but i don't really know how much more the creator can improve it. The world is a little buggy, which is to be expected, as i ordered drinks and food at the bar and never received anything although they took my money. The car aspect is alright, except that if you place your car when your in a rabbit hole, it's lost forever and you have to buy another one. As it's a big lot, the NPC workers tend to go off and do other things so places like the cafe are not playable as the barista is never around.

I liked that you could go to the gym or your hotel and just Zoom in, but there are quite a few rabbit holes that i believe should not be in an open world. Also i don't think this mod plays well with other mods, as my game crashed when i first tried to play, and i decided to just take them all out. In terms of gameplay, i don't think this mod adds anything really and found myself really bored. Once you get over the hype you realise it's a bit more restrictive than it initially seems. I think this creator probably should have focused on doing a mod for hotels or something as i liked the hotel aspect of this mod.

Also if you don't have a really good graphics card i don't think you will be able to play this mod well. The city is really lovely, i didn't have any issues and i was able to appreciate the build of the world, but i play my game on ultra. I do recommend people give the mod a try, mostly because of all the work that went into it, but i don't really see my self playing it again, unless something drastic changes or has been added.

Sorry for the long review, but i feel that the sims team should be ashamed that a modder had to do all of this work, and we're six years into this boring game. God where is the sims 5???
So yeah, I tried the Brookheights mod and I have to say I'm a little disappointed. I think it's really great that a Modder tried to create an open world, but this didn't feel like an open world, more like one big lot, which is what it is. I know this is still the beta but i don't really know how much more the creator can improve it. The world is a little buggy, which is to be expected, as i ordered drinks and food at the bar and never received anything although they took my money. The car aspect is alright, except that if you place your car when your in a rabbit hole, it's lost forever and you have to buy another one. As it's a big lot, the NPC workers tend to go off and do other things so places like the cafe are not playable as the barista is never around.

I liked that you could go to the gym or your hotel and just Zoom in, but there are quite a few rabbit holes that i believe should not be in an open world. Also i don't think this mod plays well with other mods, as my game crashed when i first tried to play, and i decided to just take them all out. In terms of gameplay, i don't think this mod adds anything really and found myself really bored. Once you get over the hype you realise it's a bit more restrictive than it initially seems. I think this creator probably should have focused on doing a mod for hotels or something as i liked the hotel aspect of this mod.

Also if you don't have a really good graphics card i don't think you will be able to play this mod well. The city is really lovely, i didn't have any issues and i was able to appreciate the build of the world, but i play my game on ultra. I do recommend people give the mod a try, mostly because of all the work that went into it, but i don't really see my self playing it again, unless something drastic changes or has been added.

Sorry for the long review, but i feel that the sims team should be ashamed that a modder had to do all of this work, and we're six years into this boring game. God where is the sims 5???
I thought it was a great review of yours, exclaims well, I was no longer excited about this open world, of course we all wanted it to be a TS3 style open world, but I don't believe that for more work and effort that the creator of this mod does, bring us a wide gameplay, on top of a pre-existing game, without taking long years, I know that EA has the ability to make a good open world game, as it has done, and lighter than the TS3, but being designed already with this intention from the beginning, as you described, this mod is a great lot, thanks for the lovely effort he had, but in his words it disappointed me not even to have seen it myself, and as my not, it is not ultra powerful, no I will test.

Reactions: uriahblack
Feb 27, 2020
Instead of popcorn, this time I am gnawing on some greasy microwave PORK RINDS.
That is what I thought when Arnie was talking about this mod... I am still waiting on DARK MODE that he promised on his patreon, I do not give a crap about this... When I saw the video stating you had to load his save file I was shaking my head and yelling NO NO NO NO NO!
Only tool out there is Mexi's shit. I see that now. I was hoping for a CAW type proggy that edits the world files. It CAN be done because thats what EA used. Probably the same fucking thing used in Sims 3 updated to work with Sims 4 and those sad lonely wankers are holding out on us lol. Maybe Mexi or someone else is making one. I would do it but idk. I rather build.

Shit I just realized I need the world files I overwrote lol. Someone could zip theirs up that would be cool...
The Sims 4\Delta\EP01\Worlds\Areas
EP01_CivicCenter_02.world &
EP01_Retails_01.world

Not a big deal I dont use those lots anymore for what I'm doing but I know I will at some point lol

Last edited:

TeamHentaiX

The Dark Side loves Da Booty + Naughty OoOooo
Uploader
Game Developer
Sep 20, 2017
i forget but is Sim 4 a standalone or do i need another sim game to play sim 4? :unsure:

• Thinking Face
Reactions: rev22x20

Cuckoo Kitty

CC Curator
Donor
Jan 22, 2019
I just realized I need the world files I overwrote lol. Someone could zip theirs up that would be cool...
I have said this before and I will say it again.... BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP! Before overwriting anything in your game directory you should always save a copy of the original unaltered files. It will save you headaches in the long run... Especially when a mod developer promises you 'Fillet Mignon' and instead you got 'ALPO' for your game!

SexyJutsu29

Jul 17, 2020
Lots of things can cause what I think you're trying to say. First you need to update your mods. Most likely your problems lie there. Keep that MTS Custom Food Interactions Mod up to date. Second, you need to learn how to troubleshoot. Can't reach the stove? THINK! Move it in the middle of the floor. Can your sim reach it then? Yes, then something is blocking it in the room where you put it. Put your walls up and find it. No, then stove is bad CC? Don't be afraid to figure things out.
Yea I looked through my mods and I currently have no food mods except granny's cookbook maybe its what's breaking it :( , thank you for replying I had forgotten all about it so that might solve it , I have tried the empty room thing as well they just yell at me lol and ita base game stoves so not a messed up stove I shall try to remove the cooking mod and see if this fixes it thanks again.

Feb 27, 2020
I have said this before and I will say it again.... BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP! Before overwriting anything in your game directory you should always save a copy of the original unaltered files. It will save you headaches in the long run... Especially when a mod developer promises you 'Fillet Mignon' and instead you got 'ALPO' for your game!
Yeah normally I do but I was under the impression I would hate the update and just reinstall. My game actually seems to run better now. Go figure lol. Thanks!

I'm already fucking shit up in here, I just switched Batuu to a residental world and come to find there are NO LOTS. What the hell is this monstrosity? Anyways anyone wondering about that it's a no go

Apr 3, 2020
I believe that is a known issue with winzip. It is recommended using 7zip or winrar if available in your area.
I meant 7zip. I think I my pcs are running different versions! I generally download on the laptop but I was using the desktop to search while I play and moving them to the laptop once I exit the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
4.80 star(s) 25 Votes