Mod Others The Sims 4: Mod Collection [K.Leoric]

4.80 star(s) 25 Votes

Do you want to divide the thread in 2 (CC and mod) or keep it as it is?

• divide

Votes: 537 54.8%
  • keep it as it is

Votes: 443 45.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cora Amber

Sep 23, 2020
I'm back to let you all know what I found in Brookheights and it's nothing all that spectacular. I was basically doing the same thing on my own hospital lot. Granted I only moved around a few building models etc. Dude took one of the hidden worlds EP01_CivicCenter_02.world is the filename and used Mexi's TOOL to place buildings, furniture, walls, lights etc to give the appearance of an open world. I mean holy shit that had to hurt all the work that went into that lol but it is NOT open world. He just houdini'ed this shit to basically fool you into thinking it's an open world. Some of his videos claim this is possible in the other worlds but I'm not gonna hold my breath on that one. We will see. He would have done himself better to release this directly to the public, free, no charge as a custom world with a story and been better off than hyping shit up and fooling people. Grab your popcorn folks because I think there is gonna be some mad folks soon lmao. Oh and some of the comments like: Why doesn't EA say something about this, well pretty sure they knew this guy was pullin a fast one, they are the experts after all
After all, I was not wrong, lol I already realized that it was just a big lot.

rev22x20

Apr 19, 2018
Does anyone happen to have this? or anything similar to it...? this one is locked behind a paywall for almost a whole month.

Oct 26, 2018
This is most appreciated, unfortunately, the reflections are broken on these as well. Even on doors, windows, and arches that appear to work, the reflections on all doors and windows are broken. EA needs to stop screwing things up.

Edit: I suppose I should clarify what I mean by "reflections". I set up two walls, one behind the other. On one wall, I placed mirror panels end to end, and a brick texture. On the wall directly in front of it, I put doors, windows, arches and the same brick texture, and observed whether they reflected on the mirrored wall behind. The only visible portion of any door, window, or arch in the reflection was the frame. Even on the arches you could only see the wall texture.
Hum, clarify this for me, since I have not updated my game I can only test on my sister's which is Vanilla and up to date. The windows, arches and doors as cut-outs on the wall are working? I mean, you do not see just a frame and a wall? However, if I understand the glitch you are mentioning correctly, Mirror reflections are off, they show just frames? I have know of this glitch, since it has been making rounds, since the Star-Wars Update and has to do with the mirror tuning. My question being, outside of the reflection in Mirrors, doors, windows and arches look fine in your game, I mean the updated ones?

MatomiB

Jan 4, 2019
I'm looking for a mod for spiral stairs that Sims in Sims 4 can use. Does anyone have experience with this mod
Would be kind to post it here. Thanks in advance!

Oct 26, 2018
I'm looking for a mod for spiral stairs that Sims in Sims 4 can use. Does anyone have experience with this mod
Would be kind to post it here. Thanks in advance!
You and I both, but of the research I've done, there is not one out-there. I've seen videos of people cleverly hiding ladders, as to make floors connect and give the illusion that the sims are using the spiral staircase, but nothing as far as an animated spiral staircase.

lamantram0ri

Jul 12, 2020
So yeah, I tried the Brookheights mod and I have to say I'm a little disappointed. I think it's really great that a Modder tried to create an open world, but this didn't feel like an open world, more like one big lot, which is what it is. I know this is still the beta but i don't really know how much more the creator can improve it. The world is a little buggy, which is to be expected, as i ordered drinks and food at the bar and never received anything although they took my money. The car aspect is alright, except that if you place your car when your in a rabbit hole, it's lost forever and you have to buy another one. As it's a big lot, the NPC workers tend to go off and do other things so places like the cafe are not playable as the barista is never around.

I liked that you could go to the gym or your hotel and just Zoom in, but there are quite a few rabbit holes that i believe should not be in an open world. Also i don't think this mod plays well with other mods, as my game crashed when i first tried to play, and i decided to just take them all out. In terms of gameplay, i don't think this mod adds anything really and found myself really bored. Once you get over the hype you realise it's a bit more restrictive than it initially seems. I think this creator probably should have focused on doing a mod for hotels or something as i liked the hotel aspect of this mod.

Also if you don't have a really good graphics card i don't think you will be able to play this mod well. The city is really lovely, i didn't have any issues and i was able to appreciate the build of the world, but i play my game on ultra. I do recommend people give the mod a try, mostly because of all the work that went into it, but i don't really see my self playing it again, unless something drastic changes or has been added.

Sorry for the long review, but i feel that the sims team should be ashamed that a modder had to do all of this work, and we're six years into this boring game. God where is the sims 5???
Thank you for letting all of us know how this mod works. I had a feeling it was going to be a "too good to be true" type of deal. Unfortunately we'll never be able to get to Sims 3 level open world with Sims 4. Man, I'm not even sure I want a Sims 5 giving how 4 has been handled so far.

Mayaalive

Nov 29, 2018
Does anyone have this sim? Much appreciated if you do!
Well, if someone has it, i dont think that he will send. Because its a private sim... Noone wants to be banned.
Maybe only 3-4 people of all the patrons took it, or so, and its not a problem to guess who shared it.

MickCasanova

Sep 29, 2018
Hum, clarify this for me, since I have not updated my game I can only test on my sister's which is Vanilla and up to date. The windows, arches and doors as cut-outs on the wall are working? I mean, you do not see just a frame and a wall? However, if I understand the glitch you are mentioning correctly, Mirror reflections are off, they show just frames? I have know of this glitch, since it has been making rounds, since the Star-Wars Update and has to do with the mirror tuning. My question being, outside of the reflection in Mirrors, doors, windows and arches look fine in your game, I mean the updated ones?
All of the doors and and arches work as far as I can tell.. However, some of the EA, and some CC doors, arches, and windows, are visually glitched. (As in you can see the frame but no door. Sim appears to pass through a solid wall.) On top of that, ALL are visually glitched when viewed in the reflection of a mirror. The ones you posted appear normal, although their reflections are glitched.

Reactions: grieralexander
Oct 26, 2018
All of the doors and and arches work as far as I can tell.. However, some of the EA, and some CC doors, arches, and windows, are visually glitched. (As in you can see the frame but no door. Sim appears to pass through a solid wall.) On top of that, ALL are visually glitched when viewed in the reflection of a mirror. The ones you posted appear normal, although their reflections are glitched.
OK, I've been researching this on various forums. EA doesn't count, because they've never do anything wrong, is always your CC, even if you tell them some of their stuff, doesn't work also. What I've found out so far, is that there is more to the windows, arches and doors, new post past implementation the meets the eye, and although this may sound unfair, those that have tried to fix these items are not really fixing the whole problem. Sims 4 Studio has been working on a batch fix for a while now and Andrew is being very thorough with it. What I've found out, is that once the batch fix is ready, it will fix only the windows, doors and arches that were using the original EA image method and not the ones that have been "fixed". So basically, what Andrew is saying is that you need the broken ones and not the "fixed" ones. If this is the case, people need to know, both the CC creators and those who are downloading the "fixed" ones.

Telonidas

Jul 25, 2020
Lupobianco files uploaded today on MEGA is smaller than the older one, is a lower patreon profile?

Can anyone confirm me this is the lastest level 4 patreon or is an older/low level one? because all files except the animation are smallers than the previous version uploaded on MEGA? I just updated the animation file (109 vs 116Mb) and these animations aren't there (level 2-3-4 files as i say are smaller than the previous uploaded):

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2018
Well, if someone has it, i dont think that he will send. Because its a private sim... Noone wants to be banned.
Maybe only 3-4 people of all the patrons took it, or so, and its not a problem to guess who shared it.
Jesus Christ... "private sim" what is up with those people? The trend of advertising SIM's and then straight out refusing to share them because they are "private property" can't cease to amuse me. Take the compliment that someone likes what you did and actually wants to use it. Not all of us are so gifted and/or have the hours and patience to spend in CAS.

Cuckoo Kitty

CC Curator
Donor
Jan 22, 2019
Two creators I recently came across and cannot find in the directory:
Snowiii95 - (Traits) Alaina Reilly - (Clothing/Makeup)
WOW! I think there is enough content on YIFF to satisfy most CC hunters! Thanks for your submissions - ADDED =D
"private sim" what is up with those people?
I am no longer surprised by the level of greed these creators posses. They make the content look pretty but when you import to your game it looks like the same old junk everyone else is shoveling!

Status
Not open for further replies.
4.80 star(s) 25 Votes