Mod Others The Sims 4: Mod Collection [K.Leoric]

4.80 star(s) 25 Votes

Do you want to divide the thread in 2 (CC and mod) or keep it as it is?

• divide

Votes: 537 54.8%
  • keep it as it is

Votes: 443 45.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 1, 2018
Well it looks like I was able to shut MC the fuck up about that Freelancer career error on funiture for now by emptying those tuning files, which breaks the already broken Freelancer career. Not like I use it. Also situations are broken as shit which hugely explains why sims stand around for hours doing nothing. The fixes out there are shortening the cooldowns for interactions but they do not tackle the real problem. Every NPC sim is put in a situation which has NO WAY to reset on an individual basis. None that work so far. Nor does pulling them out of a situation work. You have to reset situations globally then they can be pushed to do other things. That breaks events, careers running, holidays running currently etc. Not a solution. Sometime I'm going to try some fixes on that and see if I can come up with a better solution to get sims to respond better. Like write an actual stop simulation per sim script. Lag is still there but MUCH better with the attached file. It priotitizes player sims to respond and unclogs the pipeline far better than any of the other simulation lag fixes. TURBO's fix helps too but the timeout deal SrslySims made only patches the problem for those players who only use the default clock settings. I set mine way slower. It helps when you set it down to 8 milliseconds but not much. And again since the ball was dropped off a 1000 story building by EA on practically everything this game runs with, the only real solution is to write better code... I'll keep you posted
However, this mod kills autonomy for NPC Sims. You will say goodbye to played Sims simulation lag, but at the cost of NPC's autonomy. At least, that was my experience.

mod is the best simulation fix I've used so far.

Harglblah

Apr 1, 2019
I feel like this is a stupid question but multiple simulation fix scripts is a bad thing, right? I need to pick just one

Feb 27, 2020
However, this mod kills autonomy for NPC Sims. You will say goodbye to played Sims simulation lag, but at the cost of NPC's autonomy. At least, that was my experience.

Autonomy is still there but it only fixes response in a sense. The autonomy is still lagging and doesn't catch up. The mod fixes only half of the problem. The dumpster fire situation manager EA set up and believe me its a piece of shit is broken. I'm working on sorting this out since I have no choice really. What I'm doing requires a working situation manager that cancels out stuck situations so that sims can actually DO something instead of being in 50 fucking situations that never get cleared out. The scripting has resets and remove situation commands but nothing in the code I can see uses any of it so I have to write my own

Basically whats going on is sims get stuck because they have conflicting situations/roles/jobs whatever you wanna label it. The engine sets sims up in various situations and depends on them clearing out of memory when they leave the lot but most of the time they don't. Reloading the lot fixes it all situations are cleared out but doing a reset on a sim only fixes stuck interactions and they go back to being stuck. I found that the real fix is basically destorying ALL situations on lot which cancels any events, group gatherings etc on that lot. Sims act way better after this until later they start getting clogged up again with all these situations added by player and engine. Every time you do an interaction it puts a sim in a situation which gives them a set of rules to follow. Everything uses this. Careers, NPC roles, and interactions. inc mood swings I believe. I'm not 100% on that but it looks this way and explains alot about why sims act slow, don't respond and clog up the simulation pipeline

Last edited:

Telonidas

Jul 25, 2020
Playing with Sims 4 genetics system i made 1 sim from 0 today. I used Becca Clarke as sim base (not the main character just the genetics system) doing Becca having a girl (no father just with her character using MCCC for it). After that baby got all her genetics proportions also i set the same traits as her to get her overpowered active/gym gen too. Made a CAS here and there with CCs and ... this is the new girl after a photo session (blonde one - Diamond Clarke i called her). The other girl is another genetic i did some weeks ago:

CLICK ON PICTURE TO MAKE IT BIG AND AFTER THAT CLICK ON IT AGAIN ON THE HOST TO MAKE IT BIGGER:

Here it is a gallery with 30+pics i made with her:

I never used the sims 4 genetics system and its pretty good in my opinion so if you didn't too try it (im pretty new on Sims started to play 4 months ago :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:). I hope you like it :)

Reactions: Wylia

Bienebee

Jul 22, 2018
hello everyone does anyone have the tray files for by the Huntington please and thank you

Telonidas

Jul 25, 2020
Basemental Drugs 6.13.154 (18.10.2020)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Thanks. Tested it and:

- SOLVED: Now you receive correctly the money when you send Cannabis sold on the Dark Web (on previous version you sent the cannabis but you never get the money).
- BUGGED: When you receive a notification that there is a buyer from DARK WEB of Cocaine Brik (High Quality) or LSD Sheet and you send it on the mail you dont receive the money.

MickCasanova

Sep 29, 2018

Well unless you have a copy of his mod dated August 9 of 2020 or later, I'm afraid it doesn't work at all. He admitted as much in a post that he made an error with a value which resulted in basically a non functional mod. I have the newer one, and I can't say it's any better than the one that doesn't work.

Reactions: grieralexander
Feb 27, 2020
Well unless you have a copy of his mod dated August 9 of 2020 or later, I'm afraid it doesn't work at all. He admitted as much in a post that he made an error with a value which resulted in basically a non functional mod. I have the newer one, and I can't say it's any better than the one that doesn't work.
This is what I use to set the internal timeout. It works to reduce the cooldown time is about all. There are interaction cooldowns too that can be set but I found none of that seemed to matter much even setting them to 0. Even setting this to 0 makes little difference to 8 since thats basically a blink of an eye but gives enough pause for the game engine to process the next task. Setting it to 0 will lead to synch issues is my guess which cause even more problems. Coolspear also stated that it depends on your machine. Some peeps work better with a 24 millisecond timeout or even 32. You can play with the code below & attached to see if anything works for you in particular.

Python:
import services, scheduling, time, injector, elements, element_utils, time_service, autonomy.autonomy_modes
time_service.TimeService.MAX_TIME_SLICE_MILLISECONDS = 8

@injector.inject_to(autonomy.autonomy_service.AutonomyService, '_register')
def _register(original, self, autonomy_request):
    if self._processor is None:
        autonomy_timeline = services.time_service().autonomy_timeline
        self._processor = autonomy_timeline.schedule(elements.GeneratorElement(self._process_gen))
    sleep_element = element_utils.soft_sleep_forever()
    autonomy_request.sleep_element = sleep_element
    self.queue.append(autonomy_request)
    return sleep_element

@injector.inject_to(time_service.TimeService, 'start')
def start(original, self):
    original(self)
    self.autonomy_timeline = scheduling.Timeline((services.game_clock_service().now()), exception_reporter=(self._on_exception))

@injector.inject_to(time_service.TimeService, 'update')
def update(original, self, time_slice=True):
    time3 = time.monotonic()
    original(self, time_slice)
    time4 = time.monotonic()
    max_time_ms = self.MAX_TIME_SLICE_MILLISECONDS
    if time4 - time3 < 0.008:
        time1 = time.monotonic()
        result = self.autonomy_timeline.simulate((services.game_clock_service().now()), max_time_ms=max_time_ms)
        time2 = time.monotonic()
Put this script in your overrides folder and add this to Resource.cfg

Code:
Priority 1000
PackedFile Overrides\*.package
PackedFile Overrides\*\*.package
PackedFile Overrides\*\*\*.package
PackedFile Overrides\*\*\*\*.package
PackedFile Overrides\*\*\*\*\*.package
This will never break because it doesnt use shitty tuning files that always break. Python > XML Tuning lol
Sometime later I'll post a solution in python to shorten all interaction cooldowns. I haven't got to it yet

6DarkRaven9

Nov 14, 2017
Anyone else's Sims grab a drink then dive for the nearest bath tub and their legs deform and they act like a mermaid while holding the cup in the tub? I also noticed that spellcasters will no longer use potion bottles when gathering from the cauldron. its random, one time it was a plate of mac and cheese the next was one of those red plastic cups.

Sarducci

Nov 27, 2017
I can't believe I'm still getting this fucking error. Everytime I think I have it squashed it shows back up again. I've had this cocksucker since Eco. Some days I never see it and others I get four popups in a row

Exception during call to test method on <class 'sims4.tuning.instances.objectInHouseholdInventoryPickerInteraction_Freelancer_Maker_Send_For_Approval_sofa'> (TypeError: 'ObjectList' object is not iterable)

The game is a broken piece of shit is all I know

I found the tuning files for these errors and extracted them out of the game, saved and going to put them in the overrides folder and see what that does. I sure wish there was a program that could search inside package files for particular xml text. The hunt would be over at that point. Imma look for something but in the meantime hopefully this shuts the game up about it
I'm having the same issue, and unfortunately it seems to be a problem with MCC. In a clean new game with ONLY MCC 7.5.0.1 I get an exception whenever I finish any freelance gig. Without MCC, it works fine. No idea if or when a fix will be found.

Feb 27, 2020
I'm having the same issue, and unfortunately it seems to be a problem with MCC. In a clean new game with ONLY MCC 7.5.0.1 I get an exception whenever I finish any freelance gig. Without MCC, it works fine. No idea if or when a fix will be found.
Yeah my fix won't help you if you use the freelance gig. I disabled it, well a portion of it. Here's the fix, you can try it out and see if it breaks your shit or not.

Still working currently on situations and roles and I tell ya I almost got it nailed. What makes it hard is how long the changes take to update in the engine when assigning roles/job situations. Again destroying all situations speed things up but break other things. Relying on EA's code to do anything is not the solution here which is why most of your scripts like MC namely work outside of the engine to do what it needs too. Some things you cannot avoid obviously & I'm not looking forward to writing all that bullshit lol. I'll patch things up with what I got now and release it soon so you guys can break it and lemme know what I need to do better.

shyclaws

Oct 3, 2020
soooooooooooooooooooooo............
there's a few iny bitty things i didn't see in dis forum or yiff and i thoughttt..... it wouldn't hurt asking XD
thank u lots if anyone looks into it btw <3
the new milja maison "futura diner"
yayax's cc on patreon (especially the presets)
papi-sims cc on patreon is amazingly underrated, she has very cute cc with amazing meshes. these ones are the best
mayasimscc on patreon too, she has a LOTTTTT of cute cc and clothes that go unseen by lots like this one and this one
hydrangea chainsaw's cc on patreon too. she's a pretty popular creator i have not seen been talked about D:
and sims41ife cc, which is not updated for a while on yiff D:

Last edited:
Reactions: liontari

beastbybay

Feb 23, 2019
Playing with Sims 4 genetics system i made 1 sim from 0 today. I used Becca Clarke as sim base (not the main character just the genetics system) doing Becca having a girl (no father just with her character using MCCC for it). After that baby got all her genetics proportions also i set the same traits as her to get her overpowered active/gym gen too. Made a CAS here and there with CCs and ... this is the new girl after a photo session (blonde one - Diamond Clarke i called her). The other girl is another genetic i did some weeks ago:

I never used the sims 4 genetics system and its pretty good in my opinion so if you didn't too try it (im pretty new on Sims started to play 4 months ago :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:). I hope you like it :)
Yeah, genetics is one thing that EA/Maxis did surprisingly well considering how bad they botched it's release and packs after. I've been playing with this Sim I created from scratch about a month or two ago and now he has had 10 kids so far with his wife I found on the EA Gallery. They all resemble the one or both of the parents in some way.

Aug 1, 2018
I actually fine tuned the mod a little and it worked for me, maybe I fixed what Coolspear did wrong and I didn't even notice. :unsure:

Where did you get that copy? The original post still has the "broken" version.

MickCasanova

Sep 29, 2018
This is what I use to set the internal timeout. It works to reduce the cooldown time is about all. There are interaction cooldowns too that can be set but I found none of that seemed to matter much even setting them to 0. Even setting this to 0 makes little difference to 8 since thats basically a blink of an eye but gives enough pause for the game engine to process the next task. Setting it to 0 will lead to synch issues is my guess which cause even more problems. Coolspear also stated that it depends on your machine. Some peeps work better with a 24 millisecond timeout or even 32. You can play with the code below & attached to see if anything works for you in particular.

Python:
import services, scheduling, time, injector, elements, element_utils, time_service, autonomy.autonomy_modes
time_service.TimeService.MAX_TIME_SLICE_MILLISECONDS = 8

@injector.inject_to(autonomy.autonomy_service.AutonomyService, '_register')
def _register(original, self, autonomy_request):
    if self._processor is None:
        autonomy_timeline = services.time_service().autonomy_timeline
        self._processor = autonomy_timeline.schedule(elements.GeneratorElement(self._process_gen))
    sleep_element = element_utils.soft_sleep_forever()
    autonomy_request.sleep_element = sleep_element
    self.queue.append(autonomy_request)
    return sleep_element

@injector.inject_to(time_service.TimeService, 'start')
def start(original, self):
    original(self)
    self.autonomy_timeline = scheduling.Timeline((services.game_clock_service().now()), exception_reporter=(self._on_exception))

@injector.inject_to(time_service.TimeService, 'update')
def update(original, self, time_slice=True):
    time3 = time.monotonic()
    original(self, time_slice)
    time4 = time.monotonic()
    max_time_ms = self.MAX_TIME_SLICE_MILLISECONDS
    if time4 - time3 < 0.008:
        time1 = time.monotonic()
        result = self.autonomy_timeline.simulate((services.game_clock_service().now()), max_time_ms=max_time_ms)
        time2 = time.monotonic()
Put this script in your overrides folder and add this to Resource.cfg

Code:
Priority 1000
PackedFile Overrides\*.package
PackedFile Overrides\*\*.package
PackedFile Overrides\*\*\*.package
PackedFile Overrides\*\*\*\*.package
PackedFile Overrides\*\*\*\*\*.package
This will never break because it doesnt use shitty tuning files that always break. Python > XML Tuning lol
Sometime later I'll post a solution in python to shorten all interaction cooldowns. I haven't got to it yet
I put your script in. and things seem to be noticeably better. The queue seem to be more responsive. Things get executed somewhat quicker. It appears to actually work. I haven't really tested it under load, but so far so good. Also, for what it's worth, I do have a zip of Coolspear's last version of his "Quicker Sim Autonomy" from August of this year. As I said, it really didn't make a noticeable difference for me, but I have it if you or anyone else wants it. Thanks :)

MickCasanova

Sep 29, 2018
I actually fine tuned the mod a little and it worked for me, maybe I fixed what Coolspear did wrong and I didn't even notice. :unsure:

Where did you get that copy? The original post still has the "broken" version.
I really can't recall where I got the copy. I was looking part of the day and couldn't locate it. But I still have the original rar since he packed them all together. Give me a few and I will pop in up on Sims File Share.

EDIT : Didn't take as long as I thought. Here's the link to the file.

Also, if I find the post, I will post a link for that too. It rather surprised me that he actually screwed it up and didn't even know it.

EDIT: Wow, you're in luck! I found the post!

It's under this spoiler.... Quicker Sim Autonomy Update Details - Download mod at bottom of spoiler

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2020
I put your script in. and things seem to be noticeably better. The queue seem to be more responsive. Things get executed somewhat quicker. It appears to actually work. I haven't really tested it under load, but so far so good. Also, for what it's worth, I do have a zip of Coolspear's last version of his "Quicker Sim Autonomy" from August of this year. As I said, it really didn't make a noticeable difference for me, but I have it if you or anyone else wants it. Thanks :)
If you have that and pancakes script both in yeah things do get better. Much better on my end anyways. I used to have a 10 to 15 second delay on the pie menu sometimes and interactions getting stuck bad. I still get a slight lag on large lots but not anything really bad & since I fixed the Freelancer error I was getting lag was reduced even further. Glad it's working out for you

Reactions: MickCasanova
Status
Not open for further replies.
4.80 star(s) 25 Votes