• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

haywire_hero

Oct 3, 2017
This is just a thought, but NTR is unlikely to win any such vote for a few reasons; 1) it's a specific fetish that's somewhat niche 2) reading between the lines there is currently no NTR in the game (I've never played Taffy Tales nor looked at what it's about so I'm going by your comment here alone). If that assessment is correct, where do you expect people who like NTR to come from? You're not catering to that group. That likely means that people voting in your polls are mostly people who like other things. Asking those people if they want NTR added has a predictable outcome. Asking them many times is unlikely change anything.

If you're sincere about adding NTR, you could make the next vote result an ordered list instead to develop things in (Instead of A or B or C, you go A then B then C). Or you take the first step and start adding NTR without making a poll about it, with the purpose to attract those players and diversify your player base. Either option is going to alienate some of your current players though.

Good luck.
Wow! I'm glad I wasn't the only one that noticed this. It's literally a like self-fulfilling prophecy and then coming around to shift the blame on those that are voting. Removing the initial content, then not providing any content for years to those that might be interested would limit the number of people that are interested. That's something that would be apparent on any patreon! Which was what I feared would end up happening with this game.

Hysni

Engaged Member
Jan 7, 2020
Save game is slowing pc so much freez etc must be fixed ..gameplay its ok (y)
Loving love route :love:(y)

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
Wow! I'm glad I wasn't the only one that noticed this. It's literally a like self-fulfilling prophecy and then coming around to shift the blame on those that are voting. Removing the initial content, then not providing any content for years to those that might be interested would limit the number of people that are interested. That's something that would be apparent on any patreon! Which was what I feared would end up happening with this game.
I never said I was 'removing the initial content'
I'm remastering much of the story but you will still have the NTR that's there and it will actually be better NTR because you'll have more fleshed out characters.

I intend to fix the issues of the game that is off-putting for many, giving it an actual story and gameplay mechanics for starters.

haywire_hero

Oct 3, 2017
I never said I was 'removing the initial content'
I'm remastering much of the story but you will still have the NTR that's there and it will actually be better NTR because you'll have more fleshed out characters.

I intend to fix the issues of the game that is off-putting for many, giving it an actual story and gameplay mechanics for starters.
I know your remastering this game. The remove comment is in reference to your other game. You removed said content then told me your patreon supports didn't vote for it after years of no content. That's why I said it's like a self-fulfilling prophecy. That's what I meant by I feared you'd end up doing the same thing with this game.

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
That gives your other post more context, thanks for the reply.

Pulling this slightly back on topic; Spellbook has handled it pretty well I think, with NTR and non-NTR updates alternating.
The issue is not the alternating of content, Naughty games produce content very quickly so it shouldn't be an issue.

The main issue is there is an almost absent story and no real game mechanics, which needs to be rectified.

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
I know your remastering this game. The remove comment is in reference to your other game. You removed said content then told me your patreon supports didn't vote for it after years of no content. That's why I said it's like a self-fulfilling prophecy. That's what I meant by I feared you'd end up doing the same thing with this game.
I never removed any content. It was always still there for months even after my involvement, (and is still largely there now), though we are planning to improve that opening somewhat and make it more 'neutral' now.

The simple fact is, the support was not there from the NTR community when that was the focus of the game, had the NTR community pushed super hard to support that direction, I probably would have never even been bought onto the project.

Again, I take each game case by case,
I'm sure the Spellbook is a vastly different case to Taffy Tales.

• Angry
Reactions: greenp

haywire_hero

Oct 3, 2017
I never removed any content. It was always still there for months even after my involvement, (and is still largely there now), though we are planning to improve that opening somewhat and make it more 'neutral' now.

The simple fact is, the support was not there from the NTR community when that was the focus of the game, had the NTR community pushed super hard to support that direction, I probably would have never even been bought onto the project.

Again, I take each game case by case,
I'm sure the Spellbook is a vastly different case to Taffy Tales.
Okay. So I guess you believe your actions towards pushing and not making an effort to keep said patreons in said game have anything to do with the eventual outcome. Alright.
So I'm not going to go further with you on this as the point is moot now that Naughtygames already confirmed the content will still be in this game, and with their confirmation my reservations to go forward with pledging go away as I trust their word. So I'm not stressing that you'll be taking your method in the other game, and use them here. Going forward it's just about the quality provided. I already know the renders are fine so no worries there, the writing quality is still to be decided. As I haven't seen you write any netorare I'm just gonna keep an open mind.

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
Okay. So I guess you believe your actions towards pushing and not making an effort to keep said patrons in said game have anything to do with the eventual outcome. Alright.
Yeah, you're not putting all the blame of the failure on me for the NTR community to rally behind Taffy Tales.

I was not onboard that production for months where NTR was far more of a focus, and it simply did not get the support after still about 5-6 updates...Shocker, (Nor did it even in the early days when there was 'supposedly' far 'more' NTR fans reflect in any subsequent polls, reviews, forums etc, and the Patreon was left in stagnation.

There comes a point in development where you draw a line and say, 'this isn't working'.

Despite our/mine/any devs passion for creating, this is also a business, and sometimes sharp business decisions sometimes must be made. In the case of Taffy Tales, the writing was already on the wall and a blind man could see it.

I understand actions towards pushing content keep and invest more of said Patrons for said fetish in said game.
I also understand when something is simply not working and needs to change.

I'd also add it would be very easy for me at this point to outright rip the promised NTR out of Taffy Tales, I will not.
I intend to still honor that early pledge to put NTR in the game.

This is my final comment on the matter with Taffy Tales - If you wish to discuss it further take it to my PM or that thread.

With all that said,

Naughtygames has got a fan base that clearly supports the NTR, so I intend to make sure there is plenty of fun NTR written to accommodate this section of the fan-base and as per Naughtygames wishes, this content will rotate equally and we're confident they can manage both story lines equally and fairly.

We have a very cool exciting story to tell and we're confident we can drastically elevate this game to the next level. I want to give it rich, deep, complex characters with a damn good story to boot. The team is very excited with the plan and we hope very much everyone equally enjoys, and finds it as exciting as we do. :)

Last edited:

Progenitor

Jul 10, 2018
Let me put this very clear: We will never switch off. :)
Then any chance of optimizing and getting it to run better? Check out Long Story Short and what they've done with Unity. The text boxes look better, a Text History function and overall it looks and feels good to use. Your implementation feels like a 1995 powerpoint presentation in comparison.

przewodo

May 10, 2017
Then any chance of optimizing and getting it to run better? Check out Long Story Short and what they've done with Unity. The text boxes look better, a Text History function and overall it looks and feels good to use. Your implementation feels like a 1995 powerpoint presentation in comparison.
On all PCs that we have tested (even on PCs that is 10yo) it runs smoothly...

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Kingvlad

Chris_Prat

May 19, 2017
NTR (the cursed acronym, I'm afraid). Good to see this, sincerely, an approach of making 2 alternates routes (so you dive in NTR or not; choice's yours only).

Reactions: Fzk
3.40 star(s) 112 Votes