VN Ren'Py Onhold The Spice Pirate [Prologue: Remastered] [Tak Mycket]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
MC is shown dressed in what essentially are his pijamas ... on the deck of a ship he would have to man - dust, clean, scrub, carry heavy sails in and out of storage, carry buckets upon buckets of water to clean the deck, carry all sorts of heavy ropes, anchors, wodden pillars to assemble all sorts of contraptions - this is a pirate ship with special gear to board and hook and pillage neighboring ships - manning heavy wodden long ladders with other pirates on them, hoisting himself on the ropes along the ship to basically maneuver while in the rough seas, basically climbing up and down the length of the sails to do maintenance:
there are countless odd jobs to do while at sea to keep afloat that need strong upper body and getting ”jacked” is only one side effcet of getting yourself overworked with heavy loads, precisely if you are young and still passionate about being at sea and doing the menial work that gets you to pirating - which means quite demanding climbing using mostly you upper body on ropes all the time and carrying all sorts of heavy things - sacks of food, wood assembly blocks for the ship, buckets of water - exhaustion from keeping the ship afloat is a thing on modern fishing boats - you think back then it was just chillin ?
To answer your question...
How the fuck would he be jacked then?

TakMycket

The Spice Pirate Dev
Game Developer
Aug 14, 2023
MC is shown dressed in what essentially are his pijamas ... on the deck of a ship he would have to man - dust, clean, scrub, carry heavy sails in and out of storage, carry buckets upon buckets of water to clean the deck, carry all sorts of heavy ropes, anchors, wodden pillars to assemble all sorts of contraptions - this is a pirate ship with special gear to board and hook and pillage neighboring ships - manning heavy wodden long ladders with other pirates on them, hoisting himself on the ropes along the ship to basically maneuver while in the rough seas, basically climbing up and down the length of the sails to do maintenance:
there are countless odd jobs to do while at sea to keep afloat that need strong upper body and getting ”jacked” is only one side effcet of getting yourself overworked with heavy loads, precisely if you are young and still passionate about being at sea and doing the menial work that gets you to pirating - which means quite demanding climbing using mostly you upper body on ropes all the time and carrying all sorts of heavy things - sacks of food, wood assembly blocks for the ship, buckets of water - exhaustion from keeping the ship afloat is a thing on modern fishing boats - you think back then it was just chillin ?
You do have a point. However, a big part of becoming jacked is diet. Modern day body builders carefully select which foods to eat to ensure they are getting all the right nutrients and minerals into their body's. Without this meticulous diet, you won't be able to achieve a body builder physique.

But as you said, the MC has been rather active throughout his lifetime. Which is why he's fit and has some muscles, but he's not insanely muscly. There's a balance... and in my opinion, I think the end result is rather realistic.

Dark Silence

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 17, 2021
Different people have different preferences... I get that. Personally, I couldn't care less about whether or not the MC was jacked or scrawny. I would say calling him scrawny is a bit of a stretch... but I will let you make up your own mind:

View attachment 3742889

There are reasons for this change. Firstly, his clothes fit better, as before, the fit was rather unnatural. Secondly, it suits his character better. The MC has spent most of his life on board a pirate ship, sailing and plundering. It would make sense if he's fit and has some muscle... but having a body builder physique would be a bit of a stretch. Which is ultimately why I changed it.

But hey - I do get why some people will be disappointed with this change. One of my favourite MC's of all time (Rockford from Leaving DNA) is quite jacked.
He's not scrawny. I was just talkin in general. One game, now abandoned and I forgot the name, the MC was built like yours, a little bigger, but, he was convinced to shrimpify his MC and it wasn't long after, the game was abandoned.

Were there gyms around that time period? Or is the MC logging trees around in his spare time (Commando style)? How the fuck would he be jacked then?
It's called genetics. Or maybe there's other reasons. Like case in point Conan. Living a rough life. Also add in RL examples: Vikings. Were they little guys? No. Were they big and brutish? Some probably. Did they have gyms? No. So, yeah. Many reasons why people back in years past could be huge.

Reactions: TakMycket

DevinHesi

Oct 29, 2021

23/06/2024 - Weekly Dev-Log #3 Progress:
  • 581 renders
  • 12,317 words
  • 13 choices
  • 13 animations
Only got half way to this week's word count goal, but that's something I'm not overly concerned about. I'm very happy with the amount of renders/animations I got done. Animations: You can see the first animation attempt I shared previously (and another I'll share below). I'm quite happy with my kissing animations. However, I do pose all of my animations from scratch, meaning for the actual sexual animations, the quality is a little poorer. I still think they're pretty decent animations, but I'll be honest - I don't even come close to Puggy in terms of animation quality, so don't expect any groundbreaking animations from TSP. I will try my best to improve as much as possible. Playtesting: Won't be ready until the week after the next I'm assuming. I've got 2 lewd scenes (instead of the initial 1 I had planned for this version), and I'm about half way through both. If there's one thing I learned from the latest released version of TSP, it's not to rush the lewd scenes. Both these lewd scenes are going to be long, with multiple positions, kissing/touching and some dirty talk depending on the characters involved. I also want my lewd scenes to serve another purpose rather than just... sex... so I plan to intertwine character development into these scenes as well. On top of that, I'm going to also include another 3 scenes after I've finished the 2 lewd scenes, and then my laptop also has to render out all the animations and still renders as well. Allesandra: The blue skinned woman you should see below, making out with the MC, is Allesandra. She's part of a race called the Dreeskt, who play an important part of TSP's lore, and will also play a role in the story. The Dreeskt have a set of defining traits which you will discover as you progress through the story. For now, Allesandra is planned as a Side Girl... but plans do change...

View attachment anim_allesandra_kiss1.webm

Reactions: | Vee |
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes