VN Ren'Py Onhold The Spice Pirate [Prologue: Remastered] [Tak Mycket]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Justaflynn

May 20, 2022
A story-heavy adult VN about pirates? I am on board, captain. The premise is really interersting too, so I'm excited to see where things go.

Since you asked for feedback, there were a few issues I had with the game. First, the sex scene with Sabetha felt rushed. It was quick and impersonal, and currently feels like the MC lasts about 20 seconds. I'm playing this game to ESCAPE my reality, man. I think you should spend a bit longer on the actual penetration and having sex part. Maybe give the characters a few lines of dialogue during that too. Even if it's just moaning and talking about how it feels or even where he's cumming, then showing that. It'll all help make it feel more exciting and less impersonal.

Also, PLEASE give your characters nipples that are actually modeled. Just using a picture of a nipple on flat skin does not look good. The default, unmodeled jpeg nipples feel like a hasty nude mod for a game. Even with a story focused game, half the reason we're playing is to see boobs, so it's not a good place to cut corners. There are a ton of options for putting 3d modeled nipples on girls in DAZ too. It also gives you more customization, besides boob size, to make the different LIs unique: long, short, innie, pierced, puffy (my personal favorite), tiny, pancake, whatever you want to do, just make the nipples modeled.

I also wasn't a big fan of the music in the game. I love the pirate, fantasy setting, but the music didn't lend itself towards selling that atmosphere. Especially the modern songs with lyrics in them. I don't like having music with lyrics in VNs anyway, as listening to lyrics while I'm reading a story is distracting and pulls me out of the story. I ended up having to mute the music. I don't think I'm alone in feeling that way either, since 90% of VNs just use lyric-less background music.

Despite my gripes, I did think this was a promising start. I'm excited to learn more about Elva and what's going on with her. She's who I'm guessing I'll chose as my love interest, as so far, the other girls haven't quite been my cup of tea. Also, I really hope that redhead Laura on the other pirate ship is a LI as well. I'm a sucker for gingers with freckles and she is cute as hell.

TakMycket

The Spice Pirate Dev
Game Developer
Aug 14, 2023
A story-heavy adult VN about pirates? I am on board, captain. The premise is really interersting too, so I'm excited to see where things go.

Since you asked for feedback, there were a few issues I had with the game. First, the sex scene with Sabetha felt rushed. It was quick and impersonal, and currently feels like the MC lasts about 20 seconds. I'm playing this game to ESCAPE my reality, man. I think you should spend a bit longer on the actual penetration and having sex part. Maybe give the characters a few lines of dialogue during that too. Even if it's just moaning and talking about how it feels or even where he's cumming, then showing that. It'll all help make it feel more exciting and less impersonal.

Also, PLEASE give your characters nipples that are actually modeled. Just using a picture of a nipple on flat skin does not look good. The default, unmodeled jpeg nipples feel like a hasty nude mod for a game. Even with a story focused game, half the reason we're playing is to see boobs, so it's not a good place to cut corners. There are a ton of options for putting 3d modeled nipples on girls in DAZ too. It also gives you more customization, besides boob size, to make the different LIs unique: long, short, innie, pierced, puffy (my personal favorite), tiny, pancake, whatever you want to do, just make the nipples modeled.

I also wasn't a big fan of the music in the game. I love the pirate, fantasy setting, but the music didn't lend itself towards selling that atmosphere. Especially the modern songs with lyrics in them. I don't like having music with lyrics in VNs anyway, as listening to lyrics while I'm reading a story is distracting and pulls me out of the story. I ended up having to mute the music. I don't think I'm alone in feeling that way either, since 90% of VNs just use lyric-less background music.

Despite my gripes, I did think this was a promising start. I'm excited to learn more about Elva and what's going on with her. She's who I'm guessing I'll chose as my love interest, as so far, the other girls haven't quite been my cup of tea. Also, I really hope that redhead Laura on the other pirate ship is a LI as well. I'm a sucker for gingers with freckles and she is cute as hell.
First of all, thank you for the feedback. I appreciate you taking the time to write this up :)

In regards to your constructive criticism:
  • The Lewd Scene - This is definitely the area in which I took a step back in. Multiple people have already stated the initial lewd scene (the lewd scene in the old version) was much better than the first for the reasons you've outlined. I'll definitely be adding more content to the lewd scene for the next update.
  • The Nipples - I do use the basic DAZ nipples. The Spice Pirate is extremely low budget... so I would rather the money going towards the environment, clothing or characters than better nipple assets. Having said that, I'll try playing around with the nipple sliders in Daz, and if I come across a good nipple asset on sale somewhere I'll grab it.
  • The music - this is a bit more subjective. I am a massive fan of lyrics in AVNs, so when I was developing TSP I knew I wanted a few songs with lyrics in them. Unless the overwhelming majority of people want me to change the music, then I won't do so - as personally I am a fan of the current music. However, I'm always on the lookout for ways to improve TSP so if I do come across some music that I think will fit better, I'll definitely change it. I'm also extremely limited to free music allowed in NSFW projects... which barely exists (just ask a few other devs).
As for Laura:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Thanks a bunch for your consideration!

Games are meant to be enjoyed and you just need bold buttong that players get to push for flamboyant hysterical laugh or satisfation to come out in the game and surprise the players in the good way. The beautifully emotionally charged way. That way is the whole setting of scenes and the appeal of characters.

The trick with scenes is showing the female body - full frontal exposing the beauty in action - that is what what most gamers feel pleasure out of when the hot scenes start.
Putting some lines of dialogue while circling the pumping action and showing the jiggly pleasure humps of a woman in full swing from the hard thump of a throbbing hard man can be a way to make the scenes last longer.

The Lewd Scene - This is definitely the area in which I took a step back in. Multiple people have already stated the initial lewd scene (the lewd scene in the old version) was much better than the first for the reasons you've outlined. I'll definitely be adding more content to the lewd scene for the next update.
The music is always about the feelings it evokes.
MC has DISCO in his heart.
Nothing wrong with that!

Plaster a warning:

- Hard thumping disco music will burn your ears while gaming here!
In the settings, you can have a MUTED EXPERIENCE if you must.

All anyone needs to do is own their prefferences and welcome others who share them while, at the same time, giving a heads up to those who do not.

yOU could even make a huge skull and bones button players can push to BLAST THE MUSIC in one push or MUTE THEIR GAME with as simple as a click.

The music - this is a bit more subjective. I am a massive fan of lyrics in AVNs, so when I was developing TSP I knew I wanted a few songs with lyrics in them. Unless the overwhelming majority of people want me to change the music, then I won't do so - as personally I am a fan of the current music. However, I'm always on the lookout for ways to improve TSP so if I do come across some music that I think will fit better, I'll definitely change it. I'm also extremely limited to free music allowed in NSFW projects... which barely exists (just ask a few other devs).
Music is a state of mind - yours is upbeat as the MC is in his prime looking to dance the tumping throbbing tune of love in his throbingly bleeding heart.

Last edited:

Justaflynn

May 20, 2022
  • The Nipples - I do use the basic DAZ nipples. The Spice Pirate is extremely low budget... so I would rather the money going towards the environment, clothing or characters than better nipple assets.
Hey man, up to you, but personally, I think it should be a higher priority than that. You want your nude scenes to be as hot as possible so that people are hooked into seeing more. Bottom line is that it's an adult VN. No matter how great your clothing, evironment and story are, if the h-scenes aren't good enough, a lot of people will lose interest. Cutting costs there, in my opinion, isn't the play. I'll just say, check out the top 10 current DAZ games. None of them use the default nipples, because, frankly, they just don't look good. I'll be honest though, I have no idea how much nipple assets cost, so if it's too much then, oh well, that's a shame.

As for music with lyrics, to each their own. Just wanted to share my opinion, since it just doesn't work for my me. If I hear lyrics while trying to read, my brain will try to comprehend both at the same time and fail miserably. I wish I could do both, but I think my brain just doesn't have enough RAM. If it's something you're passionate about, no worries, I can always mute the music slider.

It's a shame to hear Laura is just a side girl, but I can't be too bummed because I haven't even met her really. I just love gingers. Glad to hear that she'll still have a significant amount of content tho. Now, I'm just hoping that Elva is one of the LIs that is okay with the MC having a cute ginger as a mistress.

Ghost''

Mar 17, 2021
The Spice Pirate [Prologue: Remastered] Unofficial Android Port

- 275Mb

My Android Ports have a 2nd Persistent save location. So, even if you uninstall the game, the saves will remain Intact.

Saves location: Storage/0011/Game-name

You can also join my discord server for more and support me.

You can also join 0011 discord server

If you like my works please support me.

TakMycket

The Spice Pirate Dev
Game Developer
Aug 14, 2023
Hey man, up to you, but personally, I think it should be a higher priority than that. You want your nude scenes to be as hot as possible so that people are hooked into seeing more. Bottom line is that it's an adult VN. No matter how great your clothing, evironment and story are, if the h-scenes aren't good enough, a lot of people will lose interest. Cutting costs there, in my opinion, isn't the play. I'll just say, check out the top 10 current DAZ games. None of them use the default nipples, because, frankly, they just don't look good. I'll be honest though, I have no idea how much nipple assets cost, so if it's too much then, oh well, that's a shame.

As for music with lyrics, to each their own. Just wanted to share my opinion, since it just doesn't work for my me. If I hear lyrics while trying to read, my brain will try to comprehend both at the same time and fail miserably. I wish I could do both, but I think my brain just doesn't have enough RAM. If it's something you're passionate about, no worries, I can always mute the music slider.

It's a shame to hear Laura is just a side girl, but I can't be too bummed because I haven't even met her really. I just love gingers. Glad to hear that she'll still have a significant amount of content tho. Now, I'm just hoping that Elva is one of the LIs that is okay with the MC having a cute ginger as a mistress.
You raise some good points. I'll definitely keep this in mind.

As for Elva, I'm not going to spoil too much about her character development, but you'll definitely be able to have your cute ginger mistress until very late in the AVN without Elva minding.

The Spice Pirate [Prologue: Remastered] Unofficial Android Port

- 275Mb

My Android Ports have a 2nd Persistent save location. So, even if you uninstall the game, the saves will remain Intact.

Saves location: Storage/0011/Game-name

You can also join my discord server for more and support me.

You can also join 0011 discord server

If you like my works please support me.

I appreciate you taking the time and effort to create the android port :)

DevinHesi

Oct 29, 2021
TSP Plans for the Future #2

I am planning widespread changes for TSP in all aspects. First of all, I want to tell you why I'm constantly making these changes. Then I'm going to go over what's going to be staying the same, and then what's going to change.

Why I Remake Content:

I want TSP to be a great AVN. Since I've released the first version of TSP, what I consider to be a great AVN to be has changed so much. This comes from player feedback, as well as from my personal experiences playing other AVNs. There are certainly areas that I was lacking in, even in the latest release.

It's these areas that I strive to alter for the better... and some of these areas involve remaking content. My goal is to get a first release that I'm extremely proud off.

Now, I'm going to go over what aspects I'm going to keep the same.

Aspects that won't change

Overall Plot + Antagonist

I have entertained the idea of changing this... but after a lot of brainstorming, the overall plot and antagonist is still the best I've come up with. What I mean by the overall plot, is that the MC will have to destroy the Kraken's spice. That will not change. Hence, the antagonist will always be, the Spice Pirate, aka Captain Henricus, aka the Kraken.

1710943513787.png

As for the rest of the plot... that's all changed.

Setting

It will still be set in the late 17th century, with pirates.

Dialogue Only

What I mean by this is that you'll never read any narration, thoughts or overall description of any kind. You will only ever read dialogue.

Monogamous Story First AVN

TSP will not turn into a harem fuckfest. It will still contain a decent amount of lewd scenes however.

And that rounds up aspects that I'm not going to change... and now onto aspects that I will change, which is everything else.

Aspects that'll Change

MC

1710943525724.png
1710943530730.png

First and foremost, he has a new look. His face won't be as dirty all the time, but apart from that, he now looks way better, and the new outfit is also much better. He won't be using spice-enhanced daggers anymore either - I'm leaning into the use of guns more, as it was around the 17th century where common soldiers were armed with guns.

His backstory will also be changing. I'm not going to reveal much of his new backstory, as you'll find out when you play the new version. What I will tell you is he's now a mercenary doing whatever jobs he can find to help out his parents. And yes - there's a very interesting story behind his scar.

Branching

This is my biggest change to come. Before, I had a specific story to tell, and that's what I was going to tell. Most of the branching came via slight dialogue changing, and choosing whether or not you'd sleep with a LI/SG or not. That is no longer. My new philosophy is great AVNs need a lot of branching... as after all, being able to choose what your character does is a massive selling point for AVNs.

As to the extent of the branching... here are some zoomed out pictures of a portion of my plans:

1710943542478.png

If you've played With Eyes Closed then that's what I'm aiming for.

Visual Style

If anyone reading this has played Strangers on Paper before, then you'll be familiar with the different aspect ratio for their renders. From now on, I'm doing my renders in a 2.35:1 aspect ratio. The reason for this is it gives it more of a cinematic feel. Here is an example I whipped up yesterday:

1710943553137.png

Characters:

Most of the characters are being completely redone due to plot changes. I will reuse the old models (and maybe some of the names), but the personality and backstory won't be the same.

The exceptions to this is Captain Henricus and his crew, which includes Elva and Brutus. Even then, a few details will change regarding their backstory to keep it inline with the new plot.

For those of you who are concerned, do not fret. You will still be able to romance upper society ladies, tavern maids and pirate gals.

As for the number of LIs... I'll update you on that later. I'm leaning towards 4 or 5 LIs, rather than the 3 I had at the end of the latest release.

SFX and Music

Music was definitely an area which TSP was heavily scrutinised before. I'm going to completely change the sound aspect of TSP.

Inspired by Shards of the Past, I'm going to heavily lean into SFX. Once again, the purpose of this is to make TSP more cinematic.

I also want the music to better reflect the time period, hence, there will be no more modern tunes in TSP.

1 Click, 1 Render

Before, I had a one click, one render policy. This meant every time the player clicked, they would be shown a completely new render. This is no longer the case. It's a cool feature... but it's not worth it in terms of development time. I imagine the ratio of clicks per render will be somewhere around 1.2:1 however.

Timeline:

My philosophy regarding length of updates has also changed. You won't be playing TSP until there is 3 hours of content. Based of previous development time... that means you can expect a new update in 6 months time. This may change in the future however.

Stay Up to Date with Development:

I will still be releasing daily dev logs and weekly plans for the future. My open book policy is also unchanged, meaning if you want more clarification, then just ask.

Final Words:

TSP will change for the better, but unfortunately, this cannot happen overnight. I'll continue to work hard, and eventually TSP will become a great AVN.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Motion11

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
This is the third twist of the whole game already in a couple a months:
1-st installment: Young MC with young tavern owner and maid who welcome Mc to their fun and giggles, happy to have him entertain them.
2-nd installment: Young MC with jealous bar owner and mature maid that turn into party poopers as MC starts leaning into them ... what a boomer.
3-rd installment: Life before Assassin*s Creed Back Flag for the MC

bla bla.gif

Family situation changed 7600%:
1-st installment: Dad is a noble at the court of the monarch while MC ran away from being the inner circle BFF of the Daughter of the Empire - simply put: D*artagnan father and his whacky son sailing the muchy waters of empire politics while supporting the Empire Daughter into reenacting the Helen of Troy plot line.

2-nd installment: MC dad is a middle class craftsman who dabbles in court scheming while attending his estate, hides MC at the state while sending him fend for the Empire Daughter who is on the run from getting married off like Helen of Troy.

3-rd installment: MC is a sell sword/gunman working for the highiest bidding pirate ship, his parents are poor and he is raising the money to help them. Also .. MC a monogamous pirate that spends his days on different pirate ships to raise some money for his family.

Last edited:

Jaango

Aug 15, 2021
So much hyped for this but sadly it's put on hold cause dev is working for other AVNs. Well looking forward to that projects. Mods should Mark this one as on hold. For those who want to know the reason here it is

TSP is on hold...

There's no way to sugercoat this... the title says it all. I do implore you to keep reading though... Also, notice the wording... "on hold" - not abandoned.

Timeline:
I'll start with what everyone's wondering... when will I start working on TSP again?

The answer is in 2 months time which is when you'll hear from me next. I have reasons for this... which will become apparent if you keep reading. I won't guarantee that I'll return then, I might take another month off, but I am committing to return to TSP at one stage when I'm ready to do so.

Reason:
I first started TSP only knowing one thing. I wanted to make my own AVN. I didn't know much about how I was going to do it... or what I was going to make it... So one day I literally just bought some Daz assets and went from there. I honestly surprised myself about how well it went, and I released my first release after 56 days of buying those assets.

The only problem is what I did was I just picked a direction and started running and never looked back. I didn't stop to think. The idea for TSP was literally - let's make something unique... pirates! Spice... magical essence... Princess... merchant. And then TSP was somehow born from that jumbled mess. I wrote a whole story, I did renders and I found music... yet I never stopped and looked at what I was actually doing.

This is clearly evident by the fact I was planning a third version of Chapter One, with each one being more different to the previous versions. Throughout this journey, I have learnt so much, and I plan to put those lessons in action. I think it's time I press the pause button and take a step back... especially from the rendering.

I want to discover what I actually want to make. I have no doubt that TSP will be part of my dreams, because it is my dream AVN. I just want to get it right though and take a bit of a breather first.

My New Projects:
I am not taking a break from the industry completely though. I currently have two projects that I'm going to be working on during my break. Two writing projects.

One of them is partnered with the awesome Austin - who is a mod over at r/AVNCommunity (highly recommend checking them out). He's just starting out on his AVN development journey, but I couldn't find a better person to work with. He's an amazing person. That project is codenamed Tomorrow isn't Promised. It's going to be a very short romantic AVN (the romantic part really depends on your choices though).

My second project is with a talented HS2 artist and modder - GGAdams. This is a bit more of an extensive project with a huge amount of lore. It's a modern fantasy AVN... and if I'm being completely honest here... I have very high hopes for this one. The project is codenamed Secrets of Aether for now.

As to why I'm taking up two new projects while putting on hold another... I love the writing aspect of AVN development... but not so much the rendering part at the moment.

Message for my Paying Patreons
I know you guys wanted more TSP - so I'm sorry for failing you. I have paused payments until I plan to start working on TSP again. If you enjoyed my writing style and the stories I produce, then I would recommend checking out those two AVNs when they release.

I will get you guys free copies of those games when they release as a thank you for supporting me so far.

Final Words
I'm so sorry for failing you guys... and hopefully when I come back I can continue on strong.

sorry.png

I'll see you guys in two months...

Tak Mycket

scaryterry19

Dec 28, 2020
Yeeeeaaahhh…another one bites the dust.

Odd that the return time is specific. If the dev doesn’t like the rendering aspect, couldn’t he just lease that portion out to someone to do for him?

TakMycket

The Spice Pirate Dev
Game Developer
Aug 14, 2023
So much hyped for this but sadly it's put on hold cause dev is working for other AVNs. Well looking forward to that projects. Mods should Mark this one as on hold. For those who want to know the reason here it is

TSP is on hold...

There's no way to sugercoat this... the title says it all. I do implore you to keep reading though... Also, notice the wording... "on hold" - not abandoned.

Timeline:
I'll start with what everyone's wondering... when will I start working on TSP again?

The answer is in 2 months time which is when you'll hear from me next. I have reasons for this... which will become apparent if you keep reading. I won't guarantee that I'll return then, I might take another month off, but I am committing to return to TSP at one stage when I'm ready to do so.

Reason:
I first started TSP only knowing one thing. I wanted to make my own AVN. I didn't know much about how I was going to do it... or what I was going to make it... So one day I literally just bought some Daz assets and went from there. I honestly surprised myself about how well it went, and I released my first release after 56 days of buying those assets.

The only problem is what I did was I just picked a direction and started running and never looked back. I didn't stop to think. The idea for TSP was literally - let's make something unique... pirates! Spice... magical essence... Princess... merchant. And then TSP was somehow born from that jumbled mess. I wrote a whole story, I did renders and I found music... yet I never stopped and looked at what I was actually doing.

This is clearly evident by the fact I was planning a third version of Chapter One, with each one being more different to the previous versions. Throughout this journey, I have learnt so much, and I plan to put those lessons in action. I think it's time I press the pause button and take a step back... especially from the rendering.

I want to discover what I actually want to make. I have no doubt that TSP will be part of my dreams, because it is my dream AVN. I just want to get it right though and take a bit of a breather first.

My New Projects:
I am not taking a break from the industry completely though. I currently have two projects that I'm going to be working on during my break. Two writing projects.

One of them is partnered with the awesome Austin - who is a mod over at r/AVNCommunity (highly recommend checking them out). He's just starting out on his AVN development journey, but I couldn't find a better person to work with. He's an amazing person. That project is codenamed Tomorrow isn't Promised. It's going to be a very short romantic AVN (the romantic part really depends on your choices though).

My second project is with a talented HS2 artist and modder - GGAdams. This is a bit more of an extensive project with a huge amount of lore. It's a modern fantasy AVN... and if I'm being completely honest here... I have very high hopes for this one. The project is codenamed Secrets of Aether for now.

As to why I'm taking up two new projects while putting on hold another... I love the writing aspect of AVN development... but not so much the rendering part at the moment.

Message for my Paying Patreons
I know you guys wanted more TSP - so I'm sorry for failing you. I have paused payments until I plan to start working on TSP again. If you enjoyed my writing style and the stories I produce, then I would recommend checking out those two AVNs when they release.

I will get you guys free copies of those games when they release as a thank you for supporting me so far.

Final Words
I'm so sorry for failing you guys... and hopefully when I come back I can continue on strong.

View attachment 3543125

I'll see you guys in two months...

Tak Mycket
Yep - sadly this is on hold so mods should tag it as such.

I wouldn't hold your breath for my other projects either. One of them is quite ambitious and will take a while, while the other, the renderer has other commitments, so I'm working at his pace.

What I will say is, for one of my projects, my partner and I are developing a short "demo" version. This demo will only be 8 scenes long with an optional lewd scene as well. It'll be set in the same universe and contain the same characters as the AVN we are working on, but won't be part of the main plot. The reason why we're doing this is to get feedback, as well as to practice working together.

The demo won't be released publicly though, and will just be given to a few people we know from different communities. If you - or anyone else - would be interested in playing an extremely short AVN then just message me on Discord and I can send you a copy when it's done (in a few weeks or so).

Yeeeeaaahhh…another one bites the dust.

Odd that the return time is specific. If the dev doesn’t like the rendering aspect, couldn’t he just lease that portion out to someone to do for him?
I've actually thought about getting someone else to do the rendering part for me... but in the end I was against it. I have a vision for how I want TSP to look and feel, and the person who understands my vision the best is myself. Hence, at least for this project, I'm set on being a solo developer.

I do fully plan on returning though, on June the 3rd specifically - which is when I plan to start developing it again. However, I'm growing more fond of massive, longer updates as a developer, so even though I will start working on it on June the 3rd, you probably shouldn't expect an update until the end of 2024 or the start of 2025. It's been 12 days since I've put TSP on hold, and part of me is already itching to get back into it, but I do want to take an extended break after probably burning myself out at the start of the year.

My policy is open and honest communication, so if any of this changes then I'll be sure to let everyone know.

DevinHesi

Oct 29, 2021
22/04/2024

I am doing a series of 4k images which will aim to show the new plot of TSP. When I'm finished, I'll put them in order... but for now, they're just scrambled up (it includes the one above).

1713804997044.png 1713805117758.png 1713805133890.png 1713805147480.png

TSP is still on hold - just to be clear. Just felt like doing some renders... so that's the result.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Canto Forte

DevinHesi

Oct 29, 2021
26/04/2024 - Update
I'm a little hesitant to announce I'm back yet... and an update is still months upon months away.

But for the past 3 days, I have been getting solid work done on TSP. The current numbers are looking at:
A total of 64 renders
111 dialogue lines
310 lines of code
2 choices
0 animations

It's not much, but it's a start. Don't expect development to start speeding up any time soon... got a lot of other commitments.

But what I will say is I'm happy with the plot, I've got a plan in mind, and I'm motivated once again.

Reactions: Joshy92

DevinHesi

Oct 29, 2021

29/04/2024 - Break Dev-Log #2
I have been making consistent progress - totals are now up to:
123 renders
566 lines of code
4 choices
0 animations

I'm not going to count dialogue lines as I am too lazy.

Anyway, the main reason for today's update, is that I wanted to show off the current new UI for TSP. It's still a Work In Progress, so it'll probably change, however, I'm quite happy with it considering I only spent an hour and a bit playing around with things in Ren'Py, despite not knowing what most of it does.

In terms of the consistency of these mini dev-logs, I'm just going to release a dev-log whenever I feel like it, until I come back from my "break" (because I'm still on my break, otherwise development would be faster).

Here are the screenshots for the main menu, as well as the game menu...

Main Menu

1714403645895.png

Game Menu

1714403657232.png

Reactions: Joshy92

DevinHesi

Oct 29, 2021

03/05/2024 - Break Dev-Log #3
Since last dev-log, I've been putting too much time into the development of TSP, and I've been pushing my other commitments to the side a bit too much. So progress should be slower in coming weeks.

Anyway, it seems as if I've got a lot done since my last update 4 days ago.

The numbers are:
195 renders
1242 lines of code
10 Choices
0 animations

There's a lot of branching being added to TSP. In the first 4 scenes, you are introduced to Mary.

Mary:

1714747262390.png

Mary is one of the LIs in TSP. She doesn't play a massive role in the plot... (minor spoilers ahead) but has been the MC's bedroom companion since he arrived in Rochdale. As the player, you will get to choose how big of a part she plays in terms of the MC's life.
Before leaving on your journey, you get to define your relationship with Mary throughout the first 4 scenes. Do you wish to settle down and raise a family, or can you not resist the call of an adventure? You get to make a few choices, and depending on how you treat her, there are 5 different "endings" for these first four scenes. These "endings" will change how Mary views the MC for the rest of the plot.

Due to the strong branching nature of TSP, I have added a few UI elements into the game. The first being named saves, in which the game actually names the save for you, based of the path you are currently on. Here is a snapshot of this:

1714747376266.png

Another feature I've added at the moment is the "Path" button, which shows which path you're on if you click on it. I'm planning to add more details to it, other than just the name - such as a recount of the key choices you've taken to get to the path you are currently on. Here is what it looks like at the current moment (this will be improved before the game is released):

1714747418443.png

I've also played the recent update for Move the Chains, and it's definition pop-up has inspired me. Since TSP has a fictional setting, instead of doing all the explaining through dialogue or thoughts, I've been inspired by MtC method, and have added my own "dictionary" into the game for the fictional places/cities in TSP. Once again, it's still a work in progress, but currently it looks like this (Note: in this example, you have to click on the word "Osalis" in the dialogue for the pop-up to appear):

1714747459509.png

That's a wrap for today's dev-log. Apologies it came in different parts, but that's all there is to share at the current moment of time.

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes