VN Ren'Py Onhold The Spice Pirate [Prologue: Remastered] [Tak Mycket]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

scaryterry19

Dec 28, 2020
I'm glad to see someone enjoyed the old Sabetha :).

I reworked her for two reasons... the first being her expressions were a little... creepy to say the least, hence I was going to have to re-do all the renders she appeared in anyway. The second was that it would make more sense if she was older for story reasons.

But, since you love her so much, I could re-use her old model. In the upcoming update, there is a Side Girl who I'm yet to visually design, and she's going to play a massive role in that update.
I actually enjoyed the newer version of Sabetha in this remastering. Older, mature, more beautiful in my opinion. I'm guessing she won't be in the game that much now since the MC set off on his voyage?

TakMycket

The Spice Pirate Dev
Game Developer
Aug 14, 2023
Modern music in a Pirate theme game is....weird, but at least they sound good
Unfortunately, I had to go with modern music as good, free music is extremely hard to find for AVNs... so when I found the music I decided to go with it, despite the fact it was modern.

I actually enjoyed the newer version of Sabetha in this remastering. Older, mature, more beautiful in my opinion. I'm guessing she won't be in the game that much now since the MC set off on his voyage?
She will show up in future Chapters, as MC will return to Ausmale sooner than expected. She's going to have one of the "bigger" character arcs out of the Side Girls.

Jarulf

Aug 9, 2020
Tack så mycket TakMycket
I didn't play the game before the rework, but this version was great. Great character design, the ladies are all gorgeous and the prologue promises a fun and interesting story.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
Reactions: johndoe19
Sep 3, 2020
The three LIs are Zelene, Elva, and a Goddess you are yet to meet.

I would love to hear your thoughts after you've given it a crack. I'm still trying to improve TSP so your feedback would be appreciated.
thank you for answering my questions brother I'm monogamous and I don't really like Side Girls

and yeah nice and sweet is not really my thing

but cold and indifferent now that's what I'm talking about

I like it when a girl makes me work for her love and doesn't just like me right away

AnyName'llDo

Feb 12, 2018
1710073328828.png
Spell check would catch afraid being spelled wrong, but it wouldn't catch renegade. The word you need to use here is renege.

Enjoying it so far.

Reactions: johndoe19

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Renegade is a noun ... a person who abandons the religious, political, or philosophical beliefs that he or she used to have, and accepts opposing or different beliefs - it does not belong in the context of a whole scenes.

On the subject of themes in this game - this is a game about Greek or Roman influenced Carribean Nation States from some Archipelagos (my guess) that have trade treaties and a common Spice Trail that binds them through treaties - they call it a Canal - but it is just a route that their merchants use to honor the trade deals established.

So .. the themes have to be aristocratic, the music has to be modern and illustrate the fact that MC and his princess are from the front lines of technology and innovation, also having privvy access to the best in music and in fabrics or whatever other commodities - so a modern sound to this game is on track with the fact that the cast of protagonists we follow are mainly high nobility - princess and court nobility.

AnyName'llDo

Feb 12, 2018
Renegade is a noun ... a person who abandons the religious, political, or philosophical beliefs that he or she used to have, and accepts opposing or different beliefs - it does not belong in the context of a whole scenes.
Renege would fit perfectly here, and I'm sure it's what was intended. It's not a rare word, even if many people don't know how to spell it correctly.

TakMycket

The Spice Pirate Dev
Game Developer
Aug 14, 2023
Tack så mycket TakMycket
I didn't play the game before the rework, but this version was great. Great character design, the ladies are all gorgeous and the prologue promises a fun and interesting story.

Thank you for taking your time to write this all up for me - I appreciate you :). I'll fix all these up for the next update.

And yes, my username is in inspired by Swedish for "Thank you very much", as I came up with it while learning Swedish. Unfortunately - Jag talar inte Svenska - which is about all I remember.

thank you for answering my questions brother I'm monogamous and I don't really like Side Girls

and yeah nice and sweet is not really my thing

but cold and indifferent now that's what I'm talking about

I like it when a girl makes me work for her love and doesn't just like me right away
No problem - all 3 of the LIs will be slow burn, so if you like a girl making you work for her love you'll love TSP.

Port android please
There's no official android port. However, I believe you can play TSP on android via Joiplay, if you've heard about that before.

View attachment 3428841
Spell check would catch afraid being spelled wrong, but it wouldn't catch renegade. The word you need to use here is renege.

Enjoying it so far.
I'm glad to here you're enjoying it so far :).

And yes, you are correct. Renege is the word I'm looking for. I do believe renegade still fits in this case, as it can be used as a verb (though it's quite uncommon). But having said that, renege is definitely the better option.

I'll also run the final script through a spell check next time to prevent these issues in future updates. I tend to write up the script on google docs then copy it over to Ren'Py. Unfortunately, I do tend to edit the script a lot while it's in Ren'Py before the final release... which is where these mistakes come from.

On the subject of themes in this game - this is a game about Greek or Roman influenced Carribean Nation States from some Archipelagos (my guess) that have trade treaties and a common Spice Trail that binds them through treaties - they call it a Canal - but it is just a route that their merchants use to honor the trade deals established.

So .. the themes have to be aristocratic, the music has to be modern and illustrate the fact that MC and his princess are from the front lines of technology and innovation, also having privvy access to the best in music and in fabrics or whatever other commodities - so a modern sound to this game is on track with the fact that the cast of protagonists we follow are mainly high nobility - princess and court nobility.
In regards to the theme, the basis of the setting is the Golden Age of Piracy. TSP is also a fantasy AVN, and I do like my Greek Mythology. The fantasy aspects are going to be a mishmash of a whole range of different movies/books/ancient cultures.

The most prevalent source of inspiration is probably Pirates of the Carribean - the opening scene is a nod towards a scene in Pirates of the Carribean. I'm also a Dune fan, which is why the "magical essence" is called Spice. The MC says he was part of a scrub watch - which is a nod to The Lies of Loche Lamora by Scott Lynch. When TSP starts exploring Gods/Goddesses and how they'll play a role in the plot - you will find ancient Greek references (though I won't name the Gods Zeus, Hades, Hera, etc).

I don't want to rip-off these sources of inspiration and copy them exactly, so I do try and avoid that. However, I am fond of alluding to different movies/novels from time to time.

Sep 3, 2020
Thank you for taking your time to write this all up for me - I appreciate you :). I'll fix all these up for the next update.

And yes, my username is in inspired by Swedish for "Thank you very much", as I came up with it while learning Swedish. Unfortunately - Jag talar inte Svenska - which is about all I remember.

No problem - all 3 of the LIs will be slow burn, so if you like a girl making you work for her love you'll love TSP.
yes unless I feel an immediate connection with a character when I meet them I don't really like it

when a character instantly wants to have sex with you when they meet you

I have to feel the spark instantly for that to happen and that has nothing to do with the character's looks

I usually like to get to know the character and build a romantic relationship first

except that there was this one time in Leaving DNA where I instantly felt the spark when I met a character

I'm not going to tell you who it was you'll have to figure it out;)

TakMycket

The Spice Pirate Dev
Game Developer
Aug 14, 2023
yes unless I feel an immediate connection with a character when I meet them I don't really like it

when a character instantly wants to have sex with you when they meet you

I have to feel the spark instantly for that to happen and that has nothing to do with the character's looks

I usually like to get to know the character and build a romantic relationship first

except that there was this one time in Leaving DNA where I instantly felt the spark when I met a character

I'm not going to tell you who it was you'll have to figure it out;)
I see you're a Malena fan. I was more into Emmeline myself, but in LDNA all the LIs are amazing.

I'm hoping to achieve something like that in TSP - where each LI is superb and hopefully players will have a very hard time choosing between them because they like all of them.

Sep 3, 2020
I see you're a Malena fan. I was more into Emmeline myself, but in LDNA all the LIs are amazing.

I'm hoping to achieve something like that in TSP - where each LI is superb and hopefully players will have a very hard time choosing between them because they like all of them.
I can't believe you figured it out:oops:

and since I'm monogamous and I don't cheat I never flirted with any other characters

I never did anything with any other character except Malena

TakMycket

The Spice Pirate Dev
Game Developer
Aug 14, 2023
I can't believe you figured it out:oops:

and since I'm monogamous and I don't cheat I never flirted with any other characters

I never did anything with any other character except Malena
Well - it was pretty easy due to your previous comments. Malena sounds as if she was made for you :). I didn't really give her much of a chance, as just before we meet her I got sold on Emmeline. But, from the limited scenes I saw of her, she seemed to be a really interesting character. Maybe in future updates I'll do another playthrough just for her.

no idea what this will be about but it got dope ass opening
Thank you :) - hopefully the rest of TSP will be as awesome as the opening is.

I still need to get around to playing this.
It sounds like the kind of game I love.

Monogamy and the girls make me work for it sounds awesome.
All the LIs will make you work for it... as well as some of the Side Girls (ie, Blanche).

However, there will be a few Side Girls (ie, Sabetha) who are a bit more promiscuous to say the least.

But that's the way I like it - a bit of variety.

Joshy92

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 25, 2021
Well - it was pretty easy due to your previous comments. Malena sounds as if she was made for you :). I didn't really give her much of a chance, as just before we meet her I got sold on Emmeline. But, from the limited scenes I saw of her, she seemed to be a really interesting character. Maybe in future updates I'll do another playthrough just for her.

Thank you :) - hopefully the rest of TSP will be as awesome as the opening is.

All the LIs will make you work for it... as well as some of the Side Girls (ie, Blanche).

However, there will be a few Side Girls (ie, Sabetha) who are a bit more promiscuous to say the least.

But that's the way I like it - a bit of variety.
I like the sound of promiscuous girls too
Some of my favourite characters in AVN history are like that.

I agree variety is the spice of life.

hysepReC

Feb 16, 2022
The story is interesting but IMO the sex scene with Sabetha was really bad. A few renders and couple of lines of dialogue of her asking if the MC if he'll miss her and that's it? Did he even get to cum? The scene was way too short.

Out of curiosity, I downloaded the old version to see the original scene with her and it was much better than the new one so I really don't understand this change.

Last edited:

TakMycket

The Spice Pirate Dev
Game Developer
Aug 14, 2023
The story is interesting but IMO the sex scene with Sabetha was really bad. A few renders and couple of lines of dialogue of her asking if the MC if he'll miss her and that's it? Did he even get to cum? The scene was way too short.

Out of curiosity, I downloaded the old version to see the original scene with her and it was much better than the new one so I really don't understand this change.
Thank you for the feedback. I'll make lewd scenes longer in the future as well as add more pre-sex flirting/kissing etc :)

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes