KoaNiolo

Jan 14, 2019
HappyDaedalus it seems there is an error in the Port Lethram background. The first ship appears to have its mainmast situated immediately aft of the foremast. So close that the shrouds of the foremast are clipping through the sail of the mainmast... and the man presumably supposed to be standing on the top of the mainmast is instead just floating near shrouds that connect to thin air.
Screenshot 2022-07-30 163251.png
Full sails while docked is also an interesting choice, especially when the wind would just smash the ship into the quay, but I'm only noticing that as 1) I enjoy sailing games and 2) I'm closely examing the picture anyway after spotting the misaligned mast.

tak51

Dec 17, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

About Belmont, is there other scene with him after arriving in Lethram or does his "story" ends here in the current version?
I can't manage to find a route where I see him again after the boat trip events.
Edit: finally found it, it was a bit of a narrow path to see him again.

Last edited:
Reactions: HappyDaedalus

HappyDaedalus

Game Developer
Dec 30, 2021
HappyDaedalus it seems there is an error in the Port Lethram background. The first ship appears to have its mainmast situated immediately aft of the foremast. So close that the shrouds of the foremast are clipping through the sail of the mainmast... and the man presumably supposed to be standing on the top of the mainmast is instead just floating near shrouds that connect to thin air.

Full sails while docked is also an interesting choice, especially when the wind would just smash the ship into the quay, but I'm only noticing that as 1) I enjoy sailing games and 2) I'm closely examing the picture anyway after spotting the misaligned mast.
A sharp eye, but I can fortunately place the blame with someone else.

Custom-made backgrounds are impossibly expensive to have made, so to a large extent I am reliant on generic-batches that I have to buy off places like DLsite. The game right now actually features only a few genuinely original backgrounds.

It's something I'd like to get more of, but the truth is that a $100 can buy you maybe 1 decent quality custom background, versus generic packs on sale, $100 gets you 300+ decent quality backgrounds. The difference is just staggering.

The scope of the game, the many locations, the many characters, they all unfortunately force me to very actively balance my available resources. For now, that means prioritizing scene-related CG's over background work.

About Belmont, is there other scene with him after arriving in Lethram or does his "story" ends here in the current version?
I can't manage to find a route where I see him again after the boat trip events.
Edit: finally found it, it was a bit of a narrow path to see him again.

So yeah, as you noticed the continuation of his story is currently not very intuitive to reach. It's something that I've wanted to fix for a while, because right now it's super easy to miss out on that content.

The plan for now is that I'm going to fix that up when I release an update to his story line, so it will combine both expanding his story, as well as fixing up the obscure route to get to him, making it easier/more obvious.

primoo357

Jun 30, 2017
Hate being the guy who complains because I love this game. But I'm still stuck at the desert where Ephraim gets a choice to go or to stay... and the game hasn't progressed ever since. There is not much mercenary content for the last 2 updates and I'm still waiting :)

JaszMan

Aug 13, 2018
fantastic story, Love the character Growth of Sarah. One thing. I updated from 0.30 to 0.50 and the story ends at the same point as 0.30, is it because of diferent branch or routes being updated at different times?. Just wondering. Sarah hardened Warrior has left me wanting more lol.

HappyDaedalus

Game Developer
Dec 30, 2021
Tell me how much money you want to create futa in the game and i pay :D Jokes aside, so it isn't impossible that you will add futa in the game? :)
Yeah, futa content is currently planned/worked on. It's part of one of the planned updates later this year.

Hate being the guy who complains because I love this game. But I'm still stuck at the desert where Ephraim gets a choice to go or to stay... and the game hasn't progressed ever since. There is not much mercenary content for the last 2 updates and I'm still waiting :)
Lucky you I suppose, because one of the next updates is going to be aimed at expanding on the mercenary storyline.

fantastic story, Love the character Growth of Sarah. One thing. I updated from 0.30 to 0.50 and the story ends at the same point as 0.30, is it because of diferent branch or routes being updated at different times?. Just wondering. Sarah hardened Warrior has left me wanting more lol.
Yeah, my approach currently is to have each update focus on a particular storyline. The goal is to have every update function a little like a chapter, so it tells a coherent story. That way, when a new expansion on a storyline drops, it feels weighty and has enough content to make it worth playing.

The alternative would be that I try to push and expand on multiple routes per update, but that would likely mean adding only a few scenes per update. It would increase my risk of making mistakes in the code and I think it would make it more incoherent to read, because the update would lack that 'chapter' framework.

The downside of course is that for players that are very particular about a specific branch, they might not always get anything out a new update, but given all the different considerations, I do think this is the most workable approach for me right now.

Valius

Jun 7, 2018
So I have actually had this on my list to check and out wow I was surprised. Loving the art style, I have played several of the routes so far, Mage route was a fun time as was the mercenary one, had a lot of fun with the rebellion one too. Keep up the great work!

JaszMan

Aug 13, 2018
Yeah, futa content is currently planned/worked on. It's part of one of the planned updates later this year.

Lucky you I suppose, because one of the next updates is going to be aimed at expanding on the mercenary storyline.

Yeah, my approach currently is to have each update focus on a particular storyline. The goal is to have every update function a little like a chapter, so it tells a coherent story. That way, when a new expansion on a storyline drops, it feels weighty and has enough content to make it worth playing.

The alternative would be that I try to push and expand on multiple routes per update, but that would likely mean adding only a few scenes per update. It would increase my risk of making mistakes in the code and I think it would make it more incoherent to read, because the update would lack that 'chapter' framework.

The downside of course is that for players that are very particular about a specific branch, they might not always get anything out a new update, but given all the different considerations, I do think this is the most workable approach for me right now.
O.K. I thought so, it makes sense to do it that way. I just was not sure. There is a Visual Novel I supported on Patreon "The Point of No Return" the author has the same approach. In its case there are Three Routes where the main storyline branches out,and each update a different route is updated. Having said all that Your story really has me hooked. Sarah's character growth is just amaziing to see. Mind you I guess I chose the warrior path. Can't wait for more. Guess I will have to become a Patreon member. By the way will Vampires be introduced at one point,because I got to say Vaelen looks kind of Vampy lol. Cheers.

Kalrotix

Sep 27, 2017
Hello ! So I finally had time to finish the last mage route.

Very nice, there is not much action going on but it makes sense. Sarah is in a period where she is trying to enjoy her newfound freedom while wondering what she is supposed to do with her life now that she is free. Her relationship with Samayra is cute and it's hearthwarming to see them being a couple that gets along.

Razaphel is also more intriguing, I feel like in his own way he seems to be developing some sort of affection for Sarah, without going so far as to say love. Especially in his dialogue where he announces that he has decided to play fair with her. So I'm curious to know what this famous secret is and how his relationship with Sarah is.

The new meeting with the thief was... interesting. At first, I thought he was just a scumbag someone but it seems there is more to it than that. I'm curious if he will have the possibility to become ally of Sarah on this road.

So I'm really curious about what will come next and what will be the possible futures for Sarah, as a mage.

But what country does Mythran belong to? Is it Hassar's? I'm pretty bad at remembering names.

HappyDaedalus

Game Developer
Dec 30, 2021
Can't wait for more. Guess I will have to become a Patreon member. By the way will Vampires be introduced at one point,because I got to say Vaelen looks kind of Vampy lol. Cheers.
Not literal vampires, but definitely something vampire-like. Having said that, Vaelen might look pale, but he's entirely human haha.

Hello ! So I finally had time to finish the last mage route.

Very nice, there is not much action going on but it makes sense. Sarah is in a period where she is trying to enjoy her newfound freedom while wondering what she is supposed to do with her life now that she is free. Her relationship with Samayra is cute and it's hearthwarming to see them being a couple that gets along.

Razaphel is also more intriguing, I feel like in his own way he seems to be developing some sort of affection for Sarah, without going so far as to say love. Especially in his dialogue where he announces that he has decided to play fair with her. So I'm curious to know what this famous secret is and how his relationship with Sarah is.

The new meeting with the thief was... interesting. At first, I thought he was just a scumbag someone but it seems there is more to it than that. I'm curious if he will have the possibility to become ally of Sarah on this road.

So I'm really curious about what will come next and what will be the possible futures for Sarah, as a mage.

But what country does Mythran belong to? Is it Hassar's? I'm pretty bad at remembering names.
It's definitely a slightly slower-paced part of her story, trying to slow things down after the Bagrad-story, full of burning people up and Void-demons. But things will heat up soon enough for her.

As for Mythra(n), that's its own country, or empire to be exact. In the setting of the story it's the most powerful country in the world by a fair distance.

I have a map in my head, but I've never really drawn it out properly to make it worth sharing, but basically:

There is a big continent, and kind of right down the middle there is a huge chunk of ocean (think sort of like the Mediterranean). Then there is the Northern part (think Europe) and the Southern part (North-Africa).

The Northern half of the world is the Union Kingdoms, which are all separate Kingdoms, of which Rosanna is one. Then out to the East there is the massive desert where the Tribesmen live (Hassar, etc).
Out to the west, you get up to the Hyral Mountains, where orcs and other creatures live. Technically that's the part that connects the two parts into one big continent, but the mountains are so inhospitable and filled with orcs that pretty much nobody travels there. Ships are what really connect the two halves of the world.

Then the Southern half of the world is places like Lethram, Bagrad, Bandit Kingdoms and the Mythran Empire. The Mythran Empire sits in the middle of dozens of other places, and basically spends most of its time trying to dominate the surrounding territories.

One day I should go ahead and draw it all out, but in my head I always like the freedom of being able to shuffle thing around that aren't yet introduced in the story or 100% thought out.

Reactions: Kalrotix

Kalrotix

Sep 27, 2017
It's definitely a slightly slower-paced part of her story, trying to slow things down after the Bagrad-story, full of burning people up and Void-demons. But things will heat up soon enough for her.
And this is good, after all the action it's cool to take a moment to pause the story and explore a little more of the characters during peace time.

As for Mythra(n), that's its own country, or empire to be exact. In the setting of the story it's the most powerful country in the world by a fair distance.

I have a map in my head, but I've never really drawn it out properly to make it worth sharing, but basically:

There is a big continent, and kind of right down the middle there is a huge chunk of ocean (think sort of like the Mediterranean). Then there is the Northern part (think Europe) and the Southern part (North-Africa).

The Northern half of the world is the Union Kingdoms, which are all separate Kingdoms, of which Rosanna is one. Then out to the East there is the massive desert where the Tribesmen live (Hassar, etc).
Out to the west, you get up to the Hyral Mountains, where orcs and other creatures live. Technically that's the part that connects the two parts into one big continent, but the mountains are so inhospitable and filled with orcs that pretty much nobody travels there. Ships are what really connect the two halves of the world.

Then the Southern half of the world is places like Lethram, Bagrad, Bandit Kingdoms and the Mythran Empire. The Mythran Empire sits in the middle of dozens of other places, and basically spends most of its time trying to dominate the surrounding territories.

One day I should go ahead and draw it all out, but in my head I always like the freedom of being able to shuffle thing around that aren't yet introduced in the story or 100% thought out.
Thank you for the explanation ^^

4.50 star(s) 60 Votes