Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
The OP should note it requires New Start, old saves won't work.
If you used SanchoMod previously and trying to load those saves into an unmodded game see post here made yesterday, search is your friend. Otherwise attached your traceback file in a post (don't post a huge pic but attach the actual file) and I'll take a look.

Bobber Tail

Nov 28, 2017
If you used SanchoMod previously and trying to load those saves into an unmodded game see post here made yesterday, search is your friend. Otherwise attached your traceback file in a post (don't post a huge pic but attach the actual file) and I'll take a look.
I know better than to play unmodded. The comments by SanchoMod also made it obvious, just reminding some to put it on the OP.

Last edited:

HappyDaedalus

Game Developer
Dec 30, 2021
For this update I did go back and re-do some of the code for the sailor-route yeah. It was initially very obscure on how to get it, which wasn't a big problem because it featured only a very small amount of content (like one scene/encounter). Because this update expanded quite a bit on the route, I decided to also try and make it a little easier to access.

Right now the way that it works is:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I hope to add in additional, even more obvious ways (like going to the docks), but for now this is the way that it works.

As always, I hope everyone can understand that in terms of coding I am in all truth, a borderline imbecile.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
As always, I hope everyone can understand that in terms of coding I am in all truth, a borderline imbecile.
Not true and I sincerely hope you didn't think I implied that bud. The loops work and I've found nothing broken so far although I'm in the initial phase of updating on my end. It'll be fine but I do suggest you limit altering previous code if at all possible as you move forward with the VN. It's a trap some devs get into instead of coding new updates to take in account the changes they wish to make instead (using conditionals or after_load coding, etc). At the end of the day what you've done in this update is a no-harm/no-foul tbh... but could have easily been a complete fubar.

The SailorTraining conditionals are the ones that concern me the most and I do suggest folks replay before Belmont due to this. What used to take a player to training with say Caleb can now take them to training with another alt character.

HappyDaedalus

Game Developer
Dec 30, 2021
Not true and I sincerely hope you didn't think I implied that bud. The loops work and I've found nothing broken so far although I'm in the initial phase of updating on my end. It'll be fine but I do suggest you limit altering previous code if at all possible as you move forward with the VN. It's a trap some devs get into instead of coding new updates to take in account the changes they wish to make instead (using conditionals or after_load coding, etc). At the end of the day what you've done in this update is a no-harm/no-foul tbh... but could have easily been a complete fubar.

The SailorTraining conditionals are the ones that concern me the most and I do suggest folks replay before Belmont due to this. What used to take a player to training with say Caleb can now take them to training with another alt character.
Definitely didn't take it negatively, and I'm certainly grateful for all this work you've done.

I'll keep what you've mentioned under consideration and I currently hope that this would be the one and only real change to the existing code. Going forward I hope, as you've mentioned, to instead just keep building on it without re-tooling existing lines.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Definitely didn't take it negatively, and I'm certainly grateful for all this work you've done.

I'll keep what you've mentioned under consideration and I currently hope that this would be the one and only real change to the existing code. Going forward I hope, as you've mentioned, to instead just keep building on it without re-tooling existing lines.
Changes aren't a problem if handled correctly. There's more than a couple ways to skin a cat but one of the most solid is built into RenPy. If I may suggest in your freetime lookup and study the following to add to your toolbox:
Code:
after_load

If it exists, this label is called when a game is loaded.
It can be used to fix data when the game is updated.
If data is changed by this label, renpy.block_rollback() should be called to
prevent those changes from being reverted if the player rolls back past
the load point.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
To clarify for some folks that might not fully understand, prior to v0.70 there was a second way to get PathSailor via training with Caleb. What HD means by:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod proudly presents:
The Survival of Sarah Rose - MultiMod Edition (v0.70 Update)
TSOSR_SM_Cover.jpg
Comprehensive, reliable, stable. Go get you some.
( Simply click on the banner image above )

Please enjoy. Mod core is updated to the latest v6a with even more features. I hope you find at least one feature beneficial to your experience. Remember absolutely everything can be toggled on/off as desired and on the fly. Complete information and exhaustive previews can be found on the mod's thread (simply click the banner above). Regards and be well.

- Sancho

claus001

Feb 15, 2020
The problem with female MC is that in the end they all became more or less prostitutes. Yet this game manages to prevent the sluthood escalation and has a serious plot with meaningful options. The only con is too much lesbianism in medieval setting.

• Angry
Reactions: MCDom

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
Fewer dev-hours spent on graphics means more dev-hours spent writing. It's a delicate balance, but I think that HD achieves that balance. It's a story-driven game, so I prefer that all possible time be spent on story, with graphics added only as needed.

Reactions: damnedfrog

PunkHooligan

Onion Ninja
Donor
Aug 10, 2020
Pretty good game overall, but graphics are very sparse and weird:
- Most characters only have 1 sprite (or 3 at most)
- Some sprites have very small heads or hands
- Small characters often have sprites the same size as tall characters
- The mercenary girl is supposed to be fit and muscular, but she has tiny stick arms and very small hands
- The sprites being in the middle of the screen makes them look like they're floating and sometimes 10 feet tall
- The backgrounds look beautiful, but you're staring at most of them for at least an hour
- The vanilla sex scenes with 1 single image are not very sexy - I ended up quickly skipping over these

Another small issue is that the game is too easy.
Picking what the right choice is was always pretty obvious.
I never felt like I had to weigh the pros and cons of my decisions and easily got the good ending where I tricked some noble idiot into killing my brother to become the queen and everyone thinks I'm a good girl.

Would rate 4/5 so far.

Also: How can I get on the magical girl path?
I wanted to ask if it's animated game, but 1 image sex scene answered my q perfectly.

• Hey there
Reactions: wiwem71072

Eumm

Nov 22, 2021
Alas for the brother Thomas...either ditched by his beloved sister or kept as a hostage even killed in front of his sister... hope in the future there is a path for poor Thomas...

Sain

Sep 22, 2018
Sorry if this has been asked before, but I noticed the gay tag. Is the gay content a focus (even a minor one) in the game, or is it just peripheral?

Jah-Ith-Ber

Feb 23, 2021
Gay content is peripheral. There are two bisexual men that she can have threesomes with though you will only ever see them MFM not MMF. Also gay because you can have Sarah only have sex with women if you so choose.

Reactions: Sain

scholardude

Sep 24, 2018
Sorry if this has been asked before, but I noticed the gay tag. Is the gay content a focus (even a minor one) in the game, or is it just peripheral?
I do recall one sex scene between two guys, but you can choose not to watch.

4.50 star(s) 60 Votes