4.40 star(s) 53 Votes

Deleted member 2553135

Jul 3, 2020
edit :I know the player can’t avoid it right now but forced is a strong word and if the mc was resisting but still had to go through it, I’d call if forced.
What most people mean when they say a something is forced is that it is unavoidable. It does not have to do with the MC resisting. So, right now, the handjob scene would be considered forced not none of the LIs are forced since you can avoid them.

CaramelCowboy

Game Developer
Jun 24, 2020
What most people mean when they say a something is forced is that it is unavoidable. It does not have to do with the MC resisting. So, right now, the handjob scene would be considered forced not none of the LIs are forced since you can avoid them.
I agree. that makes sense. It’s just a word that can be used even when someone’s saying no but is made to do something anyway so it feels like it’s ‘wrong’ and an uncomfortable word which is why I have a tough time using it.

Anyway, the word aside, I’m definitely making the scene optional. Sorry to those who are waiting for it.

Last edited:

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
"Talitha spends the night...she leaves when the sun comes up and kisses you goodbye"

This was really dumb. Or seems to be. A bit of reading here suggests there was a time-crunch issue and apparently this is going to be revisited, which is the right call if so. You can't be just narrating the scenes with the main LI / best girl. Especially not when you have a long drawn out conversation with a fucking cheese merchant included with renders and everything. :ROFLMAO:

Great update aside from that though. Can't help getting the "Uh oh, character and family exposition...they're all about to die horrible deaths..." feeling for all the villagers.

-L-L-MJ-

Feb 5, 2020
"Talitha spends the night...she leaves when the sun comes up and kisses you goodbye"

This was really dumb. Or seems to be. A bit of reading here suggests there was a time-crunch issue and apparently this is going to be revisited, which is the right call if so. You can't be just narrating the scenes with the main LI / best girl. Especially not when you have a long drawn out conversation with a fucking cheese merchant included with renders and everything. :ROFLMAO:

Great update aside from that though. Can't help getting the "Uh oh, character and family exposition...they're all about to die horrible deaths..." feeling for all the villagers.
I had the same experience, from reading back through the thread it seems like there is/should be a scene which is "skipped" without the fix and or/if you are using the walk-through mod it might give issues.
I have bugfix v.02 and the walkthrough mod installed and ran into the same thing. I should probably try it without the walk-through mod as per;

FYI... I used the stand alone patch (1.95 megs) with the WT mod installed, to see the evening scene with Tal. But I noticed using the mod at its present state, prevents that scene showing up. I then backed up my saves, deleted my modded version and extracted the game again without the mod. I then applied the game patch, and that fixed that missing scene w/ Tal.

Thanks very much for the quick reply with a fix.

Reactions: UnoriginalUserName

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
I had the same experience, from reading back through the thread it seems like there is/should be a scene which is "skipped" without the fix and or/if you are using the walk-through mod it might give issues.
I have bugfix v.02 and the walkthrough mod installed and ran into the same thing. I should probably try it without the walk-through mod as per;
The other thing you can do is what I did: unrenned the files, commented out the jump just before the Tal scene, then hot-reloaded and continued and saw the scene normally as intended.

Reactions: -L-L-MJ-

Deleted member 2553135

Jul 3, 2020
If you are using the walkthrough mod, it is not updated with the bugfix yet so that is why you would skip that scene.

Reactions: -L-L-MJ-

CaramelCowboy

Game Developer
Jun 24, 2020

Yeah I fucked up with that part. I didn't realize until a Steam player pointed it out. Glad you found the line of code that was the culprit.

d_pedestrian

Engaged Member
Jul 18, 2020
The whore isn't a whore anymore and she got quite a long screen time in this update. Is she an another LI in the making?

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
The whore isn't a whore anymore and she got quite a long screen time in this update. Is she an another LI in the making?
That part fell a bit flat (for me anyway).

Seemed like a fairly barebones attempt to make the sex worker more palatable to the player by making her give up the job (which she was apparently only doing for a lark as she's not dependant on the income for keeping that nice cottage) + grafting on a tragic backstory.

CaramelCowboy

Game Developer
Jun 24, 2020
That part fell a bit flat (for me anyway).

Seemed like a fairly barebones attempt to make the sex worker more palatable to the player by making her give up the job (which she was apparently only doing for a lark as she's not dependant on the income for keeping that nice cottage) + grafting on a tragic backstory.
She's just a side character. They usually show up and disappear in many VNs. I just wanted to give them some more screen time. They're not meant to be deep realistic characters with real life back stories. This is a light-hearted VN.

A lot of the things don't make sense in the VN haha. Like many haircuts, clothes, the way they speak. It's 100% fantasy. Having an income to keep the nice cottage isn't something that has to make sense in a light hearted VN imo. It would need an explanation in something like a documentary maybe. The same issues can be found in world famous tv shows or movies even. Not everything has to make sense :unsure:

CaramelCowboy

Game Developer
Jun 24, 2020
Sooooooo Elise is gonna be an LI right? She's adorable. Also I like how the girls aren't fully shaven and have some pubes any chance we'll see more hair in the future?
Yep, more hair in the future. I've been trying to find pube assets and the ones that worked with my models are more neat and mild. Still on the hunt though. I also won't overdo it by giving everyone an amazon rainforest down there so it'll vary depending on the character.

Sep 3, 2020
Yep, more hair in the future. I've been trying to find pube assets and the ones that worked with my models are more neat and mild. Still on the hunt though. I also won't overdo it by giving everyone an amazon rainforest down there so it'll vary depending on the character.
I go back and forth on pubic hair

most of the time I like it completely shaven but sometimes a little bit of it is okay just not too much

I mean too much and it becomes a choking hazard I don't want to be coughing up hairballs for a week
:p

• Haha
Reactions: CaramelCowboy

DaveSAlan

May 23, 2019
None of the LIs are forced. You can play with 0 LIs too but it’ll just be boring. The only scene that’s ‘forced’ if I’d even call it that is the first hj scene. There are a few other tweaks that were done in a test script like some mentioned in a few comments above that didn’t get implemented because of system issues I had. So the Steam release + game breaking bugs had a higher priority over a small % of preference adjustments. They’ll be added though

edit :I know the player can’t avoid it right now but forced is a strong word and if the mc was resisting but still had to go through it, I’d call if forced.

Awesome, thanks for replying.

I know its quite a small thing but once you allow name change and choice options then the player is effectively projecting into the game and when something happens, like the brothel scene, that goes against what the player likes/wants it becomes forced.

I've really enjoyed everything else about it though and am looking forward to see where it goes.

• Red Heart
Reactions: CaramelCowboy

TiffanyMonroe

Forum Fanatic
May 29, 2018
Wished I saw there wasn't a creampie tag before I played. Now I can't even complain about auto pullout. :cry:

4.40 star(s) 53 Votes