4.40 star(s) 53 Votes

cartcurt

Feb 25, 2019
Congradulations dev. Really good game. I like the setup phase. MC will not return home for a while it seems but dev puts time to build back story for MC, his home town and the people in it.
There is light hearted banter but also MC is not completely oblivious to fight.
I couldnt understand why the last night with Tali didn't play although it is in the game.
I can't wait to find out where the story leads in the next update.

cartcurt

Feb 25, 2019
She's just a side character. They usually show up and disappear in many VNs. I just wanted to give them some more screen time. They're not meant to be deep realistic characters with real life back stories. This is a light-hearted VN.

A lot of the things don't make sense in the VN haha. Like many haircuts, clothes, the way they speak. It's 100% fantasy. Having an income to keep the nice cottage isn't something that has to make sense in a light hearted VN imo. It would need an explanation in something like a documentary maybe. The same issues can be found in world famous tv shows or movies even. Not everything has to make sense :unsure:
I like what you did with these side characters. They feel side but also with depth. They give me the feeling of I hope we see them again. Also, some of them hint more story like the Celia in the capital.

CaramelCowboy

Game Developer
Jun 24, 2020
So it is intended to be played and not a flashback. Good cause I deleted that line :)
Yup! It's intended to be a part of this episode so I'm glad you got to see it. the rest of the night (wrapping it up) is part of a future flashback. My reasoning behind this :
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

cartcurt

Feb 25, 2019
Yup! It's intended to be a part of this episode so I'm glad you got to see it. the rest of the night (wrapping it up) is part of a future flashback. My reasoning behind this :
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Good thinking. I like the way you tell the story. Little by little from past and present.
By the way, will there be other races?

Praenuntius

Mar 31, 2020
I have to say, this is a really really good game. Lovely characters, interesting (begin of a) story, well done renders and nice animations. A lot of games treat the sidechicks as placeholder for nude content until you get into the pants of the LI's, this game takes the time to build up a meaningful introduction for them (except for Celia, who was atm basically just for banging, so please tell me, she is the daughter of the king and we will realise, that we may have fucked up badly? :ROFLMAO:). So really well done CaramelCowboy!

On this note, you may want to reconsider how you handle the last nightscene between MC and Talitha. I mean you explained, that you want to use flashbacks to this night, while MC is in the capital, but I have to admit, that my thoughts, as I reached that point in the story, simply were "are you fucking kidding me?". Keep in mind... you take time to build up "relationships" with the sidechicks, even with Carmine, who basically is just a present... but you leave out a whole night with Talitha? Keep also in mind, that people will actually have to look here, to know why you did it... Now let's say they don't do it... they don't read your explanation... what will they think? I can only tell, what I thought before looking here: "Damn it started so nice, but dev already getting lazy?". I just came here to look, how many others have complained about it, before deleting the game. Soooooo... close call :ROFLMAO:

You could simply show what happened between MC and Tal and still use flashbacks. I personally like it more, to know what the MC knows, instead of guessing what happened. It helps the player to get more custom with the MC.

Other then that...
great work, really great work!

Edit: Apparently there is a big difference between "old" version 0.3 and "new" version 0.3! :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Reactions: CaramelCowboy

CaramelCowboy

Game Developer
Jun 24, 2020
I have to say, this is a really really good game. Lovely characters, interesting (begin of a) story, well done renders and nice animations. A lot of games treat the sidechicks as placeholder for nude content until you get into the pants of the LI's, this game takes the time to build up a meaningful introduction for them (except for Celia, who was atm basically just for banging, so please tell me, she is the daughter of the king and we will realise, that we may have fucked up badly? :ROFLMAO:). So really well done CaramelCowboy!

On this note, you may want to reconsider how you handle the last nightscene between MC and Talitha. I mean you explained, that you want to use flashbacks to this night, while MC is in the capital, but I have to admit, that my thoughts, as I reached that point in the story, simply were "are you fucking kidding me?". Keep in mind... you take time to build up "relationships" with the sidechicks, even with Carmine, who basically is just a present... but you leave out a whole night with Talitha? Keep also in mind, that people will actually have to look here, to know why you did it... Now let's say they don't do it... they don't read your explanation... what will they think? I can only tell, what I thought before looking here: "Damn it started so nice, but dev already getting lazy?". I just came here to look, how many others have complained about it, before deleting the game. Soooooo... close call :ROFLMAO:

You could simply show what happened between MC and Tal and still use flashbacks. I personally like it more, to know what the MC knows, instead of guessing what happened. It helps the player to get more custom with the MC.

Other then that... great work, really great work!
Hey! Thanks for the kind words. Especially about side characters.
Did you get the updated version? The first link that was posted here had a bug with the Talitha scene which skipped the entire thing. The updated link has the scene included. You get the scene after the game shows you Amaris (bad blood sucking guy).

Reactions: Praenuntius

Praenuntius

Mar 31, 2020
Hey! Thanks for the kind words. Especially about side characters.
Did you get the updated version? The first link that was posted here had a bug with the Talitha scene which skipped the entire thing. The updated link has the scene included. You get the scene after the game shows you Amaris (bad blood sucking guy).
Well... nice way of making three quarters of my post obsolete by basically telling me "get the actual version, dumbass" (way nicer of course) :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

So it leaves me with nothing more then the praising ;) although, only as a pointer, even if it may only be a slight change you have made in the script, it changes a lot in the game (whole new scene), so if something similar happens again, just add a 0.0.1 to your version. So this would be actual version 0.3.1, even dense people like me, won't miss that :ROFLMAO:

Other then that, keep up the great work!

• Haha

CaramelCowboy

Game Developer
Jun 24, 2020
Well... nice way of making three quarters of my post obsolete by basically telling me "get the actual version, dumbass" (way nicer of course) :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

So it leaves me with nothing more then the praising ;) although, only as a pointer, even if it may only be a slight change you have made in the script, it changes a lot in the game (whole new scene), so if something similar happens again, just add a 0.0.1 to your version. So this would be actual version 0.3.1, even dense people like me, won't miss that :ROFLMAO:

Other then that, keep up the great work!
This was 100% my fault so I don't blame anyone for not realizing. You're right I should just do that next time. I think there's a loose script file in the compressed version uploaded by FAPmaster369

CrazyRabbit

Engaged Member
Oct 30, 2019
That was great and I can't wait for the next update (en route to the capital)
Awesome animations, awesome renders and the story slowly takes shape. Love it
Thanks for that great game CaramelCowboy

• Red Heart
4.40 star(s) 53 Votes