4.40 star(s) 53 Votes

Kalsan

Mar 19, 2020
Interesting discussion. Also ty all for keeping it cordial with each other :giggle:
I think in some cases, the tag 'side girls' makes it feel like a character is a 'wham bam thank you ma-am' one and nothing else. Or they'll have little to no screen time.

Although I've referred to a few girls as 'side girls' in the past, for me at least, they all have different levels. I'm sure there's a better tag for them and 'side girls' just sounds too generic. For example Tiur's post about the way Septcloud handles his tags (Great Dev btw. Even a lovely person to talk to.)

In my case, there are :
Main girls : These girls will have specific endings for each of them IF you decide you want to stay with one in the end. I want them to feel close enough to the MC to justify him even considering giving up a harem end. They'll also have harem endings which will hopefully make sense for their personalities. This is something that will need to be tackled closer to the end and honestly, I'm not worried about how to justify them being okay with the harem path.

Secondary girls (side girls?) : Some of them will be love interests but they wont have monogamous endings for them. Some will however be able to be part of the harem ending. The ones that get screen time for example. Because even though someone's a 'side girl', I want them to have screen time since I want them to be remembered. I've played VNs where these girls don't get much screen time and hours later, I've forgotten about them. So any secondary girls here will also have screen time.

And then there's the random hookups : These girls will either show up once or only a few times and will not be part of the ending.

I'm not even sure if this answers the question but since I typed all this down, I'm going to post it anyway :LOL:
Thank you very much for answering, it is good to know your point of view on the subject. I know I may seem picky or something but Im cursed with falling in love with secondary characters and when they are not included in the harem I get all depressed hahaha. Plus seen as the protagonist leave the village behind and with that a lot of cute girls that I presume will be "side girls" I was just wondering if they would be members of the harem because I will hate if girls like Samira aren't love interest to some extent.

CaramelCowboy

Game Developer
Jun 24, 2020
Thank you very much for answering, it is good to know your point of view on the subject. I know I may seem picky or something but Im cursed with falling in love with secondary characters and when they are not included in the harem I get all depressed hahaha. Plus seen as the protagonist leave the village behind and with that a lot of cute girls that I presume will be "side girls" I was just wondering if they would be members of the harem because I will hate if girls like Samira aren't love interest to some extent.
I'm a sucker for non main girls too so I totally get it. I guess that kinda delays my plot writing because I focus on the side girls stories too but I want them to have some detail to their characters at least. So the plot gets delayed :')

xortor

May 3, 2018
Side girl is literally always best girl. It never fails.
It's true in anime, it's true in life... and in Swordbearer lol

Kadajko

Oct 28, 2021
But my dude.. You constantly ask the player whether they want to peek at women or not but you don't ask the player whether they want to have sex with a prostitute? I honestly don't understand what goes on through these devs heads these days. Remove the romance tag from the game, there is no point, after that it is just a fap simulator.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Finally played this game and I loved it. Well done renders and story. Definitely looking forward to more. My one question though is at the end of the third episode - why doesn't he have the sword with him? Did he ship it or leave it? Seems weird to know how important it was to his mother, that it is of a rare quality, that he is having dreams of it being a person, and he doesn't keep it near him as he journeys to the capital.

Otherwise, I like the pace of the story and the way the women are treated. Part of my demented brain wants the MC to shag his "aunt", Lyra, and every other female in the game, and the other part of me wants him to stay true to Tal. Anyway looking forward to the next update.

CaramelCowboy

Game Developer
Jun 24, 2020
Finally played this game and I loved it. Well done renders and story. Definitely looking forward to more. My one question though is at the end of the third episode - why doesn't he have the sword with him? Did he ship it or leave it? Seems weird to know how important it was to his mother, that it is of a rare quality, that he is having dreams of it being a person, and he doesn't keep it near him as he journeys to the capital.

Otherwise, I like the pace of the story and the way the women are treated. Part of my demented brain wants the MC to shag his "aunt", Lyra, and every other female in the game, and the other part of me wants him to stay true to Tal. Anyway looking forward to the next update.
Thanks for playing! Long story short, I couldn't find assets I liked enough for backpacks and storage so I made them 'send their stuff ahead'. I could've left the sword on his waist and that probably would've been the choice that made more sense but in all honesty, I didn't even think of that <|: o ) (that's a clown btw).

I already have a convenient 'excuse' for why their stuff was sent ahead so that should come up towards the end of the upcoming episode. I hope you like it!

Last edited:

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Thanks for playing! Long story short, I couldn't find assets I liked enough for backpacks and storage so I made them 'send their stuff ahead'. I could've left the sword on his waist and that probably would've been the choice that made more sense but in all honesty, I didn't even think of that <|: o ) (that's a clown btw).

I already have a convenient 'excuse' for why their stuff was sent ahead so that should come up towards the end of the upcoming episode. I hope you like it!
Ha! That's fine, I was just curious as I consider the sword to be another character already. In my game the MC has slept with three "people" - Samira, Celia, and the sword...

I look forward to seeing where the story goes, will there be a lot of time spent on the training or will we get more of a "montage"? Or something in between. Honestly the only thing I am not into is the whole "intrigue" with the king and his household. Don't care about that bit of the plot, would much rather approach it from the MC's "outsider" view.

• Hey there
Reactions: Emma M

CaramelCowboy

Game Developer
Jun 24, 2020
Ha! That's fine, I was just curious as I consider the sword to be another character already. In my game the MC has slept with three "people" - Samira, Celia, and the sword...

I look forward to seeing where the story goes, will there be a lot of time spent on the training or will we get more of a "montage"? Or something in between. Honestly the only thing I am not into is the whole "intrigue" with the king and his household. Don't care about that bit of the plot, would much rather approach it from the MC's "outsider" view.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

comte bonfim

Nov 13, 2021
I loved playing through this, definitely a refreshing take for me and some lovely ladies in the game. I entered the game with the idea that it would end before we got the big city and I was correct, but damn I had my fun going through Riverfell and getting to meet everyone and exploring their story, I'm definitely keeping an eye on this and I'll be waiting for the next chapter.

4.40 star(s) 53 Votes