4.40 star(s) 53 Votes

Lun@

Dec 27, 2023
Yeah I know, we came across in a few threads ;) , I like personally the Dark / morbid humor sometimes :ROFLMAO: I personally decided to let Caramel Cowboy surprise me, the Swordteacher for example is similar characterized, and for the moment It is a WTF this guy really ?
I recognized you, yes ;)
It was probably the times I forgot to take my meds...the rabbit hole gets deeper :LOL:

Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy the VN but just not as much as the initial chapter.

Reactions: xapican

Udayana

Oct 19, 2021
It is all in the way you look at it, he is goofy, and acts inmature, what doesn't mean that he has not the right skills when the situation arises, I understand that humor is very different and not all people have it.
We shall see if MC shenanigans are gone with the story progression.
Probably not, he's playful, but he can be serious when circumstances require it, personally I don't see him as a jester at all.

imadumb

Dev of Rikugun Shikan Gakkõ
Game Developer
Aug 25, 2022
Thx for the update my good sir <3 can't wait to read it when i have time

HornyyPussy

Devoted Member
Apr 26, 2020
Really? Take your pick, there's so many moments throughout the chapters. Whether he's doing training or sneaking or responding to his mission, literally all that's missing is a jesters hat.
We'll just have to agree to disagree on this then.

Reactions: Regis NEX

WuzzyFuzzy

Jan 23, 2020
I get the comic thing. He's a bit silly and immature at times. I can get by that without too much effort, although I hope it doesn't get any worse.

But guys...no one mentions the scene when a woman with a contemporary hair cut in a contemporary red, knit, cocktail dress, sporting contemporary, banded, high-heel pumps struts through a medieval town like she owns it.....LOL. Someone isn't being very detail oriented.

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
But guys...no one mentions the scene when a woman with a contemporary hair cut in a contemporary red, knit, cocktail dress, sporting contemporary, banded, high-heel pumps struts through a medieval town like she owns it.....LOL. Someone isn't being very detail oriented.
Easy, it's her day off.

screenshot0002.png

What, you expect them to dress up in Ye Olde Mediæval gear all the time? This is clearly just some reenactment society that's got mixed up with the local Vampire LARP group.

nitkonikic

Sep 17, 2018
I see MC has been taking lessons from Thor in Love & Thunder.
Sadly, I fucking hate it.
Goes doubly for screaming goats/birds. Thankfully, I have VN volume at minimum so barely even noticed it.

I liked this VN when it had semi-serious approach with some goofiness, but last 2 updates MC has been nothing short of a clown and an idiot.
His friend was comedic relief, now MC has taken over that role.
Definitely not liking that approach.

micojive

Oct 2, 2017
Theres a literal scene where they are hiding from a guard. He farts and it smells so bad the guard cant see and then he throws a pie into the guards face.

Its pure slapstick nonsensical at this point. I get a little bit of humor sprinkled in, but it seriously feels like a completely different person wrote the first few updates compared to what we are getting now.

Krytax123

Dec 29, 2022
I really like Lyra and I was waiting for this scene since the first episode but I felt like the scene wasn't worth all the waiting.

There were not many sexy moments between them before which would have built the anticipation to begin with. Also the scene was done just for the sack of doing it. There were barely any dialogues, only one position, we don't really get to see the action.

I'm not sure if it was lyra's first time but if it was then dev did her dirty.
Sadly i agree mostly.

I disagree about the sexy anticipation, im glad that we didnt had 20 tightjobs/boobsjobs/handjobs/whateverjobs before they had real sex, these always feel nonsensical to me. Has anyone ever had a girl give you a tightjob before you had normal sex lol?

But it kinda really lacked romance anticipation and the scene itself lacked any kind of romance too, it felt more like "yo bro, lets fuck" and "yeah, nice we finally did it" than star-crossed lovers having their first time lol. It was just so .. hyper casual? Didnt really fit their bond and feelings for each other imo. A scene like this would have worked with a lot of characters in the story, but not with Lyra.

The animation itself was .. strange? Like there were a few really good parts and the rest was some kind of strange slow-motion.

But its still a great and fun avn if you dont take anything to seriously

Harem4life

Jul 21, 2023
I disagree about the sexy anticipation
I shouldn't have said "sexy moments" but you have to agree that there were barely any moments between them to build the anticipation and these moments don't have to be sexual.
But it kinda really lacked romance anticipation and the scene itself lacked any kind of romance too
They always acted like friends. Their whole interaction since the starting of the game lacked romance. Even that sex scene was very friendly. That kiss in the previous update came out of nowhere. They never confessed AFAIK.

Even though I'm not a fan of taking small steps, it makes sense for a virgin to not go all the way the first time and that's why progression with talitha felt great because she's virgin. MC and talitha were still very romantic with all those cuddling and petting. How many times did Lyra and MC cuddle? How many things did Lyra did before to show Interest in MC? Why the progress with Lyra was so quick? Maybe because Lyra wasn't a virgin but then a build up is necessary even if the LIs ain't virgins.

I thought she was a virgin which makes the whole thing even more quick for me.

Krytax123

Dec 29, 2022
I shouldn't have said "sexy moments" but you have to agree that there were barely any moments between them to build the anticipation and these moments don't have to be sexual.

They always acted like friends. Their whole interaction since the starting of the game lacked romance. Even that sex scene was very friendly. That kiss in the previous update came out of nowhere. They never confessed AFAIK.

Even though I'm not a fan of taking small steps, it makes sense for a virgin to not go all the way the first time and that's why progression with talitha felt great because she's virgin. MC and talitha were still very romantic with all those cuddling and petting. How many times did Lyra and MC cuddle? How many things did Lyra did before to show Interest in MC? Why the progress with Lyra was so quick? Maybe because Lyra wasn't a virgin but then a build up is necessary even if the LIs ain't virgins.

I thought she was a virgin which makes the whole thing even more quick for me.
Yeah i just disagreed about the more sexual encounters beforehand (and it wasn’t even clear that you talked about lewds) otherwise I’m completly agreeing with you.

And in medieval times and living in a small village I would have thought that she’s a virgin too.

If she had a bf in this village, we would have probably met him? But who knows

Reactions: Harem4life

slick97

Dec 2, 2021
The transition between scenes in this chapter is really jarring and the ending is quite abrupt ngl. I hope the dev can work on this in future updates.
The ending being abrupt is due to CC cutting out the final section of the update.
CaramelCowboy said:
Hey everyone. Sorry the link got a little delayed. I've been pretty busy and will continue being busy this month with future planning and stuff. I won't bore you with the details.

The episode ended up with 940 renders instead of 1000 because I moved a big scene from this episode to the next one. This is the same scene with combat animations.*

If you encounter any bugs, please post them on my discord which I'll look at as soon as I can. I'm going to be pretty busy this month because of personal life but I'll of course check the bug channel every now and then to make sure things are running fine. There shouldn't be major bugs that crash the game etc so we should be good.

Thank you for your continued support and I hope you stick around.

- CC
*Emphasis added by me*

Really? Take your pick, there's so many moments throughout the chapters. Whether he's doing training or sneaking or responding to his mission, literally all that's missing is a jesters hat.
I see MC has been taking lessons from Thor in Love & Thunder.
Sadly, I fucking hate it.
Goes doubly for screaming goats/birds. Thankfully, I have VN volume at minimum so barely even noticed it.

I liked this VN when it had semi-serious approach with some goofiness, but last 2 updates MC has been nothing short of a clown and an idiot.
His friend was comedic relief, now MC has taken over that role.
Definitely not liking that approach.
There are several posts talking about the humor, but you two add unique feedback to the conversation that I'm picking out for a general response:

The direction the story will eventually go is both dark and gritty. CC has given us a taste of what's to come with an early scene in which Amaris snaps the neck of some innocent girl (that scene still causes me physical pain...). Additionally, it may be intended as a visual indication of MC's character growth, especially once the risk of actually losing companions becomes real.

I don't want to draw away from this awesome project by bringing up another, but ClassyLemon is a perfect parallel due to how similar both of their writing styles are. In CL's case, he slowly shifted the tone of the story away from non-stop humor/jokes to dealing with some rather gritty topics (i.e. killing of an LI's family, having two LIs dealing with drug problems, tribal slaughtering).

Personally, I enjoy an ample amount of humor being woven into the narrative of a story. I get to experience dark/grittiness on a daily basis just by living :HideThePain:

Reactions: NeoEros

hanumania

Jul 12, 2023
Theres a literal scene where they are hiding from a guard. He farts and it smells so bad the guard cant see and then he throws a pie into the guards face.

Its pure slapstick nonsensical at this point. I get a little bit of humor sprinkled in, but it seriously feels like a completely different person wrote the first few updates compared to what we are getting now.
The last chapter actually reveals that it's really a serious story and that the MC isn't a clown at all: the entire story is taking place in a deep AI simulation and all the farts were actually hacking attempts by the MC's subconscious mind.

• Haha
Reactions: NeoEros

nitkonikic

Sep 17, 2018
There are several posts talking about the humor, but you two add unique feedback to the conversation that I'm picking out for a general response:

The direction the story will eventually go is both dark and gritty. CC has given us a taste of what's to come with an early scene in which Amaris snaps the neck of some innocent girl (that scene still causes me physical pain...). Additionally, it may be intended as a visual indication of MC's character growth, especially once the risk of actually losing companions becomes real.

I don't want to draw away from this awesome project by bringing up another, but ClassyLemon is a perfect parallel due to how similar both of their writing styles are. In CL's case, he slowly shifted the tone of the story away from non-stop humor/jokes to dealing with some rather gritty topics (i.e. killing of an LI's family, having two LIs dealing with drug problems, tribal slaughtering).

Personally, I enjoy an ample amount of humor being woven into the narrative of a story. I get to experience dark/grittiness on a daily basis just by living :HideThePain:
The jokes, as such, wouldn't be a problem. You've mentioned CL yourself, so I will use that as minor comparison.
While MC might act a bit silly at times in CLs game, he is mostly taking things seriously.

Faced with silly situation, he acts goofy and non-seriously (hunt for snacks for example). Meanwhile, during the other situations (and excluding player dialogue choices), he is relaxed and casual, but not a buffoon. Granted, that VN is also waaay tonally different to this one, and much, much, MUCH darker, so bit of laughter and goofiness goes a long way to stop it from being too dark and outright cruel (which it sometimes feels like, and I love it for it).

Last 2 updates here, and why I am for the first time complaining, MC has been total buffoon here. He acts not silly, but childish. Take the very first scene of this update, taking a quest. He's being a moron. Not even funny one, just a moron. Hunting dragon, rescuing a princess, it is what his friend would have brought up in previous updates, not MC.
Funny scene I did like was cat rescue. Acting like a silly goof on something so minor is a-ok.

Reason why I used Love&Thunder comparison is because that is exactly how last 2 updates felt for me. Non-stop slapstick humor with no end goal except "isn't this funny, see how funny it is, laugh now, here's more funny, laugh, this is funny, let's laugh again, more funny".
It's humor dialed to 20, for whatever reason. It felt nothing like previous updates and made me not laugh, but just roll my eyes and hate reading whatever is on screen (laugh scene, obviously, there is nothing else). All that was missing was laugh track every 5 lines of dialogue.

If the whole VN so far was like this, I probably would have dropped it after 2nd update and we wouldn't be having this conversation. But it wasn't, so the massive change in approach to how it's written just seems strange to me.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: slick97

slick97

Dec 2, 2021
The jokes, as such, wouldn't be a problem. You've mentioned CL yourself, so I will use that as minor comparison.
While MC might act a bit silly at times in CLs game, he is mostly taking things seriously.

Faced with silly situation, he acts goofy and non-seriously (hunt for snacks for example). Meanwhile, during the other situations (and excluding player dialogue choices), he is relaxed and casual, but not a buffoon. Granted, that VN is also waaay tonally different to this one, and much, much, MUCH darker, so bit of laughter and goofiness goes a long way to stop it from being too dark and outright cruel (which it sometimes feels like, and I love it for it).

Last 2 updates here, and why I am for the first time complaining, MC has been total buffoon here. He acts not silly, but childish. Take the very first scene of this update, taking a quest. He's being a moron. Not even funny one, just a moron. Hunting dragon, rescuing a princess, it is what his friend would have brought up in previous updates, not MC.
Funny scene I did like was cat rescue. Acting like a silly goof on something so minor is a-ok.

Reason why I used Love&Thunder comparison is because that is exactly how last 2 updates felt for me. Non-stop slapstick humor with no end goal except "isn't this funny, see how funny it is, laugh now, here's more funny, laugh, this is funny, let's laugh again, more funny".
It's humor dialed to 20, for whatever reason. It felt nothing like previous updates and made me not laugh, but just roll my eyes and hate reading whatever is on screen (laugh scene, obviously, there is nothing else). All that was missing was laugh track every 5 lines of dialogue.

If the whole VN so far was like this, I probably would have dropped it after 2nd update and we wouldn't be having this conversation. But it wasn't, so the massive change in approach to how it's written just seems strange to me.
I personally see the increase in humor as a warning sign for what's to come. Depending on the impact of scene, some of the better writers will prepare the audience for the tonal shift through the use of humor, romance, or general lighthearted interactions. Since CC is leaning heavily into the humor, it could mean that whatever is coming next might genuinely break some of the audience.

I could always be wrong in my prediction though. I'm just hoping I'm not in this case since I genuinely like a majority of the cast.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: xapican
4.40 star(s) 53 Votes
!-- Place this before closing the element (if you have multiple ads, place it only once). -->