micojive

Oct 2, 2017
I wish this whole "Landlady" and "Tenant" thing would just root in hell and die of gonorrhea. I understand it's a placeholder, but is that the most creative thing we can come up with? Here's an idea... how about we just use their fucking names? The whole initial conversation with "Yes Landlady", "I understand, Landlady"... I mean, come on. It's 2024. Learn how to code.

This was after the dev removed the "Skip Unseen" in preferences and I had to go and add it back. And what is with the stupid UI? There are different symbols depending on what page you are on, and the Main Menu? That was clearly designed by someone who doesn't know squat about UI design and thought being "artsy" was cool.

Sigh... I didn't even get past the 5th or 6th screen before I had enough.

When I calm down, I'll come back and try it again. In the meantime, I am off to find a Tylenol.
The landlady / roomate dialog shit has just been getting worse and worse. I just dont get it. Dont make fucking stories with content if your platform of choice doesnt let you make them.

If you want to make an incest story, then fucking make it on a platform that lets you. Stop trying to shove incest into everything which just leaves a shitty story with dialog that doesnt make sense.

No, infact it doesnt make sense that your landlord that you have no connection to makes you breakfast while doing your laundry. No, people dont actually call their landlords "hey landlord" or interact with them at all for that matter.

Games should be rated as they are delivered by the dev, not after modders spend 2 days fixing the dialog so it makes some sense.

VVhisper

Jan 29, 2019
Here is the dev's original incest patch, not sure it's fixed, if folks want to test it on episode 4.

The Synthetic [All Versions Incest Patch] [Carbon]

- WORKUPLOAD

The patch above, is the developers official incest patch, but with added images that someone made for me back when the episode 1 first came out that the developer did not change to account for the patch.

You can test now and see if it is finally fixed or not for episode 4.

The patch below the dotted line was a stop gap until the dev fixed his official patch....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Synthetic [Ep. 4] [Carbon]

Incest Patch: Updated to Episode 4 as of 09/09/2024:

Please read this line of text.

Open the game folder, delete scripts.rpa

Next copy the folder from patch that says "game" to install directory.

NOTE: I'm not sure how to fix the "special images" shit, if anyone knows a better solution I'm all ears.

- WORKUPLOAD

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want a gallery unlocker, use this: Universal Gallery Unlocker [2024-01-24] [ZLZK], there is NO replay gallery, only special still image gallery.
I think you can also add this image to the patch along the path game\images\ep4\.
ep4_breakfast9_1.jpg

Radon671

Feb 4, 2022
Damn , this thing is starting to smell like DB . It starts with foreplay then makes through till 4 episodes along with an increased release duration and when the time comes for an actual content then boom.....its abandoned and then back in business with a fresh new game/account name with another 4 episodes
Unlike DB this dev introducing to much secondary characters...

thegrindisreal

Dec 19, 2018
Then why don't you code? Instead of bitching on a renpy beta testing forum why don't you make those changes send them to the dev?
Okay... so I was a little bit of an asshole. And yes, I did go in and code the changes so I could play it so perhaps I will just make a multimod for it and if the dev wants to use it then great.
I actually went on dev's discord and wrote how nonsensical the game sounds with landlord or Neighboor Sarah etc... No response.
He could easily release the actual incest version on subscribestar, but didn't. I hope he will find reason and the next SS version will be "normal".
SexBot does it best. Just use the names. Arianna, Sarah done. Let the player connect the dots...

BTW I noticed how the dev keeps ignoring his own polls. Arianna should have been dressed differently, and the redhead was supposed to have wavy hair style...

Last edited:

SteelyDan14

Formerly Known as GeekBone
Modder
Donor
Jan 13, 2018
I actually went on dev's discord and wrote how nonsensical the game sounds with landlord or Neighboor Sarah etc... No response.
He could easily release the actual incest version on subscribestar, but didn't. I hope he will find reason and the next SS version will be "normal".
SexBot does it best. Just use the names. Arianna, Sarah done. Let the player connect the dots...

BTW I noticed how the dev keeps ignoring his own polls. Arianna should have been dressed differently, and the redhead was supposed to have wavy hair style...
I agree... my bias against the whole "landlady/tenant" thing was taken out here on this AVN and I was a bit of an ass. Regardless, it does not change my opinion as I think that even if you are trying to skirt the issue, you can still write dialogue that sounds normal. To your point, just use the character names.

As for the rest, it may be a language problem but who knows. I believe all devs should create their stories and do it their way, but if they do ask for input or have polls to make changes, then they should stick with it.

Leon979

Aug 5, 2022

Would you please stop talking nonsense? Regarding the poll, Carbon has already posted why he changed outfit to something else. Because the original winning outfit would have caused rendering problems, so Carbon changed it to something else. As for the hairstyle, the ponytail won, not the wavy hair.

Reactions: KiGa
4.10 star(s) 36 Votes