HTML Completed The Time of Cherries [Build 17] [obsessionau]

3.60 star(s) 17 Votes

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
This was just recently added in right before I uploaded it I will check it out, I don't think it will work on Internet Explorer but should work with edge and other browsers.
Can confirm it doesn't work on Chrome, at least not for me.

EDIT: Tried it in Edge as well. No go.

Just played through a Woman-Deception route. Not a bad little beastie. Tame, but not bad. Can't wait to see what you do when you add more depth mechanics. Endgame was a little/lot grindy for me, but that's probably mostly due to the inability to affect the Lounge setting. There's a lot going for it here, and looking at your roadmap, I have to say, I'm very much looking forward to where you're going to go with this.

Strangely, I think I like what you're doing more than the photography studio minigame in Photographer's Lies.

obsessionau

Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Congrats on the game's launch, obsessionau! I've been watching the game from your dev thread, it's been some time, eh? bold decision to upload it here. It's more risky to upload a non-sex content game here than an NTR or Gay game :LOL:

Best of luck, man.
So true!

It will instantly get a lot of hate simply for being a different formula to what people are expecting as it is instantly different from the 20 games prior they downloaded. That mindset of what you expect going into it plays a big part of the experience.

Women don't drool over your irresistible looking, beautifully smelling, and tasty penis in this game and it is more of a fan service oriented business sim. My fault :( I might need to add Futa and sisification deception paths so I can add it to TFGames.site! hahaha...

The delay in adding sex scenes at the moment is I can't decide how I want to implement them.

As you are probably aware I was aiming at having them for when you concubine a girl. However this was back when there were only 40-50 girls in the game and even then it would be a lot of work which is why I had developed that file so people could mod their favourite girls in and share.

An alternative is to look at implementing scenes into each of the deception paths. So you pick the models you take with you and scenes will be done with close up images like...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Although, I might need to add "skin tone" as an attribute.

Last edited:

obsessionau

Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Can confirm it doesn't work on Chrome, at least not for me.

EDIT: Tried it in Edge as well. No go.

Just played through a Woman-Deception route. Not a bad little beastie. Tame, but not bad. Can't wait to see what you do when you add more depth mechanics. Endgame was a little/lot grindy for me, but that's probably mostly due to the inability to affect the Lounge setting. There's a lot going for it here, and looking at your roadmap, I have to say, I'm very much looking forward to where you're going to go with this.
Could you replace the html file with the attached one to see if it fixes the "Let's Begin" problem in build 10.

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Could you replace the html file with the attached one to see if it fixes the "Let's Begin" problem in build 10.
I'd be glad to.

1653134708316.png

So, trying the same new html in both Chrome and Edge, I get this. The blue square appears and when I cursor over it it still forms a pointy finger indicating something SHOULD happen, but no matter what I do to click on it, double click, or even attempt to drag, it does nothing. The 'You are spending' incomplete sentence on the side doesn't seem to be intended to be exactly like that. Does this help you?

EDIT: I am going to download and try this in Firefox as well.

EDIT2: Trying this in Firefox, I see the slider you're going for here, and I can confirm this works in Firefox.

obsessionau

Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Is there a place where people are uploading their mods for this game, especially the sexual content stuff?
There isn't any I am aware of as yet. Happy for people to post stuff in the deveopment thread. That way if I make changes I know the kinda things people are after.

I'd be glad to.

View attachment 1823025

So, trying the same new html in both Chrome and Edge, I get this. The blue square appears and when I cursor over it it still forms a pointy finger indicating something SHOULD happen, but no matter what I do to click on it, double click, or even attempt to drag, it does nothing. The 'You are spending' incomplete sentence on the side doesn't seem to be intended to be exactly like that. Does this help you?

EDIT: I am going to download and try this in Firefox as well.

EDIT2: Trying this in Firefox, I see the slider you're going for here, and I can confirm this works in Firefox.
For the slider I appear to be missing some CSS. Shouldn't be to hard to fix

Reactions: Disgruntler

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
No, still the same issue. I saw you did the <<goto "Intro">> before loading the data, but I don't think that changed anything. There is still the flashing as if the passage is loaded again before going to the intro passage.
Did you see my post about the issue?

obsessionau

Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
No, still the same issue. I saw you did the <<goto "Intro">> before loading the data, but I don't think that changed anything. There is still the flashing as if the passage is loaded again before going to the intro passage.
Did you see my post about the issue?
The game loads fine on my PC on Chrome, Firefox and Edge which is why I was thinking it was a script execution problem.

I checked my "Security settings" on Chrome and they were not turned on. After turning them on and restarting the browser yeah I am now getting the issue on both enhanced and standard protection. It isn't allowing the html file to read other files

Also if you do a search for
Code:
div[id|="numberslider-body"] ::before {
    content: "You are spending ";
}
and remove the space after ]

Code:
div[id|="numberslider-body"]::before {
    content: "You are spending ";
}
It appears to have solved the issue on Chrome for me.

Last edited:

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
The game loads fine on my PC on Chrome, Firefox and Edge which is why I was thinking it was a script execution problem.
I checked my "Security settings" on Chrome and they were not turned on. After turning them on and restarting the browser yeah I am now getting the issue.
I haven't used goto myself but possibly it is related to the problem, at least the flickering that shows the page is reloaded when loading the data before going to intro passage:

"WARNING: <<goto>> does not terminate passage rendering in the passage where it was encountered, so care must be taken to ensure that no unwanted state modifications occur after its call."

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
I haven't used goto myself but possibly it is related to the problem, at least the flickering that shows the page is reloaded when loading the data before going to intro passage:

"WARNING: <<goto>> does not terminate passage rendering in the passage where it was encountered, so care must be taken to ensure that no unwanted state modifications occur after its call."
obsessionau
Yes, solved it by changing goto to engine.play. All problems gone when I test it (except the wrong filename on RelationshipData.lsm).

Code:
<<button "Let's begin">>
    <<script>>
        Engine.play("Intro");
    <</script>>
    /*<<goto "Intro">>*/
    <<LoadCustomData>>
<</button>>

Raknor

May 12, 2019
How do you get rid of stress? I don't see a way of just passing on a day to relieve stress, nor do I see any way of just going on and relaxing.

obsessionau

Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
The fact goto does not terminate is why I tried putting it before the widget. To ensure it gets run. Hopefully HiEv can shed some light.
obsessionau
Yes, solved it by changing goto to engine.play. All problems gone when I test it (except the wrong filename on RelationshipData.lsm).

Code:
<<button "Let's begin">>
    <<script>>
        Engine.play("Intro");
    <</script>>
    /*<<goto "Intro">>*/
    <<LoadCustomData>>
<</button>>
Will make that mod and test that it doesn't break the other browsers lol...

The _ in RelationshipData is deliberately there as it is not used by default.

If you remove the _, you are able to add your own sex scenes into the game and have them automatically execute when the player gets to the relationship level with that character. There are generic ones and a model specific one in there as badly written examples.

obsessionau

Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
How do you get rid of stress? I don't see a way of just passing on a day to relieve stress, nor do I see any way of just going on and relaxing.
See post #60, ways to reduce stress.
Main way is by upgrading your house, working less for your boss, and reducing the number of models you are managing at one time. Just because you can acquire more models does not mean you should - this needs to be managed.

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
The fact goto does not terminate is why I tried putting it before the widget. To ensure it gets run. Hopefully HiEv can shed some light.

Will make that mod and test that it doesn't break the other browsers lol...

The _ in RelationshipData is deliberately there as it is not used by default.

If you remove the _, you are able to add your own sex scenes into the game and have them automatically execute when the player gets to the relationship level with that character. There are generic ones and a model specific one in there as badly written examples.
It looks bad to have error messages with error tracelog show up in the console because the file is named wrong. So I suggest you get rid of them, or at least only make it something like "No customized model data was found.". Not an error.

Last edited:

obsessionau

Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
I have uploaded a 10b revision on the OP. 200kb update file for build 10 also available.

This should address many of the issues discussed prior to this post.
If you find any other issues please report in the development thread.

Raknor

May 12, 2019
See post #60, ways to reduce stress.
Main way is by upgrading your house, working less for your boss, and reducing the number of models you are managing at one time. Just because you can acquire more models does not mean you should - this needs to be managed.
Ok, so I have the biggest house there is, I am working on my own and I have maybe 12 models or so and it seems that almost every photo session I do I get poor quality photos. My stress is over 10% and I see no way of getting it any lower. I am doing the Women deception. I haven't put any of the girls into the four roles (assistant, hair dresser, etc), as I have been trying to get their full photo collection first before I do that (part of the Women deception).

caju

Oct 5, 2017
Minor suggestion:
When you hold auditions, add a 4th option "none of the above"
Sometimes I dont want 1 of the 3 options especially when I have a limited number of models

Reactions: Ninoss

davemanster

Jun 10, 2017
What does the stress do for the girls? I don't understand. I have no idea how to lower it for them, and I have no idea the difference between stressed and unstable for example. This could really use some clarifications. Aside from that, loving the game - tons of replayablity here.

Suggestion on the concubines and sex scenes. Slowly implement scenes specific to the girl, none of that closeup stuff. Just have an icon with a tooltip or something along those lines for the girls that can be concubines. Then you can slowly add them as time goes on. Just a suggestion.

Cheers and thank you for making this.

davemanster

Jun 10, 2017
What does the stress do for the girls? I don't understand. I have no idea how to lower it for them, and I have no idea the difference between stressed and unstable for example. This could really use some clarifications. Aside from that, loving the game - tons of replayablity here.

Suggestion on the concubines and sex scenes. Slowly implement scenes specific to the girl, none of that closeup stuff. Just have an icon with a tooltip or something along those lines for the girls that can be concubines. Then you can slowly add them as time goes on. Just a suggestion.

Cheers and thank you for making this.

I looked at the code and anyone that is curious, it seems its pretty benign. From what I can tell it just moves you toward the negative events that are available in the StabilityData events. Completing an event resets it back to Stable. There is probably a better way to convey this using titles that are not the same as others (player's 'stress'). Hope the dev can confirm, but this should help anyone else that is curious.

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Ok, so I have the biggest house there is, I am working on my own and I have maybe 12 models or so and it seems that almost every photo session I do I get poor quality photos. My stress is over 10% and I see no way of getting it any lower. I am doing the Women deception. I haven't put any of the girls into the four roles (assistant, hair dresser, etc), as I have been trying to get their full photo collection first before I do that (part of the Women deception).
" I haven't put any of the girls into the four roles "

There's part of your problem. Just do it--it's fine. This will mitigate your problems of stress, and your problems of getting photos filled fast.

Really, it's fine.

Stress doesn't matter on your run. Lounge, get a girl's relationship up, concubine her, that'll get your stress down. Work full time, keep getting 5 contracts on girls, concentrate on getting a different girl a win in the contest every time.

3.60 star(s) 17 Votes