3.00 star(s) 2 Votes

JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
I am actually curious about the title:unsure:

How about The Truth is Nothing but Lies

Thoughts? I don't know if it is too late to change or not but the Lying word in the title does not feels right to me.

Albatrozz

TNL
Game Developer
Feb 27, 2019
I am actually curious about the title:unsure:

How about The Truth is Nothing but Lies

Thoughts? I don't know if it is too late to change or not but the Lying word in the title does not feels right to me.
I'm glad to have you here again! Of course, it's not late to change the title. But if you please kindly tell me what the difference between lying and lies is, I would appreciate it. (To increase my knowledge) Thank you!

JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
I'm glad to have you here again! Of course, it's not late to change the title. But if you please kindly tell me what the difference between lying and lies is, I would appreciate it. (To increase my knowledge) Thank you!
I am not a native English speaker as well:LOL: but the difference based on grammar:

lying (adjective) refers to action a person is doing, which is not telling the truth
lies (noun) is the plural form of lie, which means false or untrue

Since Truth is a noun, lies or lie (noun) is more appropriate I think:unsure:

But yeah lying and lies (or lie) are essentially similar and whoever reads the title can understand it roughly means that the truth is made up of lies or some people lying about the truth.

I was just curious as what title is the most appropriate or correct form of English.

Albatrozz

TNL
Game Developer
Feb 27, 2019
I am not a native English speaker as well:LOL: but the difference based on grammar:

lying (adjective) refers to action a person is doing, which is not telling the truth
lies (noun) is the plural form of lie, which means false or untrue

Since Truth is a noun, lies or lie (noun) is more appropriate I think:unsure:

But yeah lying and lies (or lie) are essentially similar and whoever reads the title can understand it roughly means that the truth is made up of lies or some people lying about the truth.

I was just curious as what title is the most appropriate or correct form of English.
Holy moly! Thank you so much! Your explanation is so clear. I'll change it in the next version! If you have more suggestions, please don't hesitate to tell me. :)

JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
Holy moly! Thank you so much! Your explanation is so clear. I'll change it in the next version! If you have more suggestions, please don't hesitate to tell me. :)
I am playing the game and will write initial feedbacks for it soon (hopefully in a day or two).

Regarding the title, just don' change it immediately but let others share their thoughts as well as I am not entirely sure if it is correct or not myself:HideThePain: Just like you said, keep it in mind for next version. Cheers.

Shadowen

Oct 19, 2018
I am playing the game and will write initial feedbacks for it soon (hopefully in a day or two).

Regarding the title, just don' change it immediately but let others share their thoughts as well as I am not entirely sure if it is correct or not myself:HideThePain: Just like you said, keep it in mind for next version. Cheers.
I'm a native English speaker, and what you stated is correct (along with your explanation of why). I haven't played the game... but without context, the title does read correctly/better as "The Truth is Nothing but Lies."

JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
Here is my initial feedbacks and reviews for this game (v0.2).

General Suggestions
For your first game, develop what you are most comfortable with (especially the game features & mechanics), at the most comfortable pace for you, using the tech or tools that you are most competent with. As you gain more experience, then you you can 'spice' up your game (or future projects) by adding more 'bling' features. Having played this game so far, I say you are doing just that. You like music and adding it to your game which is a nice touch (however I don't know they are good musical score or not).

It appears that your game appeals to very niche or select type of players: fantasy harem in school. Considering this, it might be a hard sell, especially in the beginning, so you just have to keep in mind if there is not much interests and supports, or less than you hoped for. Usually a passion project has very little commercial value but sometimes it does appeals to wide number of audiences especially if it is unique or refreshing.

Game Recommendations
Language.
I would suggest that you edit the language selection at the beginning of the game from English to English (Informal Non-Native Speaker) or something similar. At least it gives the player an idea of what to expect (not many will even read the OP to find out). I would also suggest that you work on (either by yourself or engaging with a professional writer/translator) a formal English translation (based of the Thai language which I think is the main and most accurate writing) for the game sometime later (probably when it is completed). The plus side is that you can continue to develop the game without worrying much about the writing. The downside is that you kinda have to do twice work (for 2 different English translations). In the end, it is your game and how you want it to be. It is also good to update the OP about your plan regarding the English translation.

'Segment'. I think this game fits into the (Kinetic) VN game category, so it will better if you can 'segment' your game into volumes, books, seasions, chapters, arcs, acts or episodes. Additionally, add a short title for each 'segment' that meant to hint at what kind of contents it will provide. The beginning of this game up until the morning MC meets with Rina, is in line with a Prologue. You can also then instead of saying next release is ... you can say next chapter is ... or next episode is ... etc.

Text Decorations. I believe the text decoration for dialogues need to be improved. Currently, there is very little visual difference between different intent of the dialogues. The MC's thoughts is in italics but the difference is barely noticeable. I am not sure what is the best either perhaps changing the color and font face too? So far, it doesn't really problematic because the context can give player another clue about the dialogue intentions, but generally it is better if they are distinctly different.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

'Prologue'. The 'Prologue' (the beginning of the game up until the morning where MC meet Rina) is a bit too long and confusing to me although it has mystery to it. I honestly don't get much of it :ROFLMAO: and how it relates or matters to the rest of the game. Probably add a skip button that only show a screen of summarized important details will be appreciated by most players who are eager to get into the actions and meet the cute girls.

Harem. It is a good idea to explain what kind of harem that player can expect, that is it all the LIs or the player can choose the girls? Many players (especially of this site) prefers to be able to pick only the girls they like. Since this is your game, you don't have to change it to suit what people want but rather you have to explicitly describe what it is going to be.

Lewds. As you may have know, most (if not all) members of this site are only looking for lewd games so it is in your best interest to provide sufficient 'contents' that appeal to those audiences. However, how many or how frequent is entirely up to you and highly depends on the game narrative, and it is generally a bad idea to just add lewd scenes for no reason or justification.

Feedbacks.
Culture.
I like it that the game have reference to your culture and heritage (Thai) mainly the foods and drinks. However, there is a funny scene at the Cafe because of lacking most suitable assets.

Visuals. The renders are pretty good for Koikatsu Party-based game and the girls are cute too.

Sounds. Musics are nice listening to. The voice overs are okay I guess, I am not a big fan of it generally (not just in this game). It is a selling point for sure since many VN games (on this site) don't even have music or sound in the first place.

Narratives. The game has Ecchi Sensei vibes to it, similar in many aspects but the main difference are the MC lost his past memories and most of the characters are fantasy or mythical creatures other than humans. I guess this appeals to the fantasy genre fans more than anything. This game is story focused and character driven. There are plenty of female LIs, some have very distinct personality while others simply are not shown or developed yet (we will learn more about them in the future). The MC is basically will be dating his students while trying to figure out his past and uncover the lies that had been passed on as the truth to him.

Verdict: It is too early to give any concrete verdict but as per current content, I would say that I have a neutral feeling about this game. I am not disliking it but at the same time I am not that excited about it either. There are lot of mysteries to uncover and I hope that future contents add excitement to this game.

Albatrozz

TNL
Game Developer
Feb 27, 2019
Here is my initial feedbacks and reviews for this game (v0.2).

General Suggestions
For your first game, develop what you are most comfortable with (especially the game features & mechanics), at the most comfortable pace for you, using the tech or tools that you are most competent with. As you gain more experience, then you you can 'spice' up your game (or future projects) by adding more 'bling' features. Having played this game so far, I say you are doing just that. You like music and adding it to your game which is a nice touch (however I don't know they are good musical score or not).

It appears that your game appeals to very niche or select type of players: fantasy harem in school. Considering this, it might be a hard sell, especially in the beginning, so you just have to keep in mind if there is not much interests and supports, or less than you hoped for. Usually a passion project has very little commercial value but sometimes it does appeals to wide number of audiences especially if it is unique or refreshing.

Game Recommendations
Language.
I would suggest that you edit the language selection at the beginning of the game from English to English (Informal Non-Native Speaker) or something similar. At least it gives the player an idea of what to expect (not many will even read the OP to find out). I would also suggest that you work on (either by yourself or engaging with a professional writer/translator) a formal English translation (based of the Thai language which I think is the main and most accurate writing) for the game sometime later (probably when it is completed). The plus side is that you can continue to develop the game without worrying much about the writing. The downside is that you kinda have to do twice work (for 2 different English translations). In the end, it is your game and how you want it to be. It is also good to update the OP about your plan regarding the English translation.

'Segment'. I think this game fits into the (Kinetic) VN game category, so it will better if you can 'segment' your game into volumes, books, seasions, chapters, arcs, acts or episodes. Additionally, add a short title for each 'segment' that meant to hint at what kind of contents it will provide. The beginning of this game up until the morning MC meets with Rina, is in line with a Prologue. You can also then instead of saying next release is ... you can say next chapter is ... or next episode is ... etc.

Text Decorations. I believe the text decoration for dialogues need to be improved. Currently, there is very little visual difference between different intent of the dialogues. The MC's thoughts is in italics but the difference is barely noticeable. I am not sure what is the best either perhaps changing the color and font face too? So far, it doesn't really problematic because the context can give player another clue about the dialogue intentions, but generally it is better if they are distinctly different.

'Prologue'. The 'Prologue' (the beginning of the game up until the morning where MC meet Rina) is a bit too long and confusing to me although it has mystery to it. I honestly don't get much of it :ROFLMAO: and how it relates or matters to the rest of the game. Probably add a skip button that only show a screen of summarized important details will be appreciated by most players who are eager to get into the actions and meet the cute girls.

Harem. It is a good idea to explain what kind of harem that player can expect, that is it all the LIs or the player can choose the girls? Many players (especially of this site) prefers to be able to pick only the girls they like. Since this is your game, you don't have to change it to suit what people want but rather you have to explicitly describe what it is going to be.

Lewds. As you may have know, most (if not all) members of this site are only looking for lewd games so it is in your best interest to provide sufficient 'contents' that appeal to those audiences. However, how many or how frequent is entirely up to you and highly depends on the game narrative, and it is generally a bad idea to just add lewd scenes for no reason or justification.

Feedbacks.
Culture.
I like it that the game have reference to your culture and heritage (Thai) mainly the foods and drinks. However, there is a funny scene at the Cafe because of lacking most suitable assets.

Visuals. The renders are pretty good for Koikatsu Party-based game and the girls are cute too.

Sounds. Musics are nice listening to. The voice overs are okay I guess, I am not a big fan of it generally (not just in this game). It is a selling point for sure since many VN games (on this site) don't even have music or sound in the first place.

Narratives. The game has Ecchi Sensei vibes to it, similar in many aspects but the main difference are the MC lost his past memories and most of the characters are fantasy or mythical creatures other than humans. I guess this appeals to the fantasy genre fans more than anything. This game is story focused and character driven. There are plenty of female LIs, some have very distinct personality while others simply are not shown or developed yet (we will learn more about them in the future). The MC is basically will be dating his students while trying to figure out his past and uncover the lies that had been passed on as the truth to him.

Verdict: It is too early to give any concrete verdict but as per current content, I would say that I have a neutral feeling about this game. I am not disliking it but at the same time I am not that excited about it either. There are lot of mysteries to uncover and I hope that future contents add excitement to this game.
Thank you so much for your feedback and review! I appreciate your taking the time! I looking for a comment like this, sometimes it needs some sincere words so, I can improve what I'm doing. Currently, I'm revising all 0.1 version dialogues, I hope it will be better. And as for text decorations, some people say the italics are difficult to notice, and I'm working on it. P.S. Chicken things are what I intend to do. Thank you!

Bonnie75

Aug 18, 2020

Looks interesting.

Also, the title reminds me of a quote from Tokyo Ravens. A bit different though.
It's from Buddhist teachings. The world as appear to our senses is an illusion.
As written in the article, there are differences among all of the schools, hence why you already herd a similar, but different worded, phrase.

JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
thank you for the answered.
i enjoy everything so far and hope that dev will not add something like pingpong show in this game. :whistle:
That is (or was) a popular foreigner tourist 'attraction' in bars usually located in well-known red light districts in certain provinces in Thailand, and it doesn't make sense in a game, at least I don't think Albatrozz will include something like that.

So far, the game has references to Thai cultures and heritages mainly foods and drinks, whilst ping-pong show is not a part of Thai's culture or heritage. Cheers.

zeroobliv

Dec 12, 2019
You really need someone native to english to proofread your dialogue. I want to like this game but I can barely understand what they are saying. And the way the characters address each other by name or even constantly in the third person seems weird.

I tried my hardest to get through it but I had to stop. Like I kind of got the gist of what was going on but I shouldn't feel like I need to translate the english on my screen when I myself know the language in and out.

And don't get me wrong, I like the idea you have for your game. I just can't play it with the way the dialogue is, currently. I hope you take what I said seriously and find someone to correct the grammar within the game so you can get more people into it who are native to the language. Either way, good luck.

Reactions: Albatrozz

Albatrozz

TNL
Game Developer
Feb 27, 2019
You really need someone native to english to proofread your dialogue. I want to like this game but I can barely understand what they are saying. And the way the characters address each other by name or even constantly in the third person seems weird.

I tried my hardest to get through it but I had to stop. Like I kind of got the gist of what was going on but I shouldn't feel like I need to translate the english on my screen when I myself know the language in and out.

And don't get me wrong, I like the idea you have for your game. I just can't play it with the way the dialogue is, currently. I hope you take what I said seriously and find someone to correct the grammar within the game so you can get more people into it who are native to the language. Either way, good luck.
Thank you for your advice! Some people have already told me that I need someone to proofread my work. For the time being, I'm using tools to clarify the dialogue. I'll hire a proofreader if I have some extra money. But currently, I can't effort this much. By the way, I still appreciate your advice. I hope to see you again soon!

Bse

Aug 1, 2019
Hi i like your game so far. When it helps you try dicc. cc for writing (see there for adj. and so maybe it helps you) . And minigames i try this now out to have a test of it. Hope my win7 not goes 4 core using with 90% only for animation. mhh you know why renpy has an update jan. this Year and use now part of win 10/11 Library to run (only a small part 2.5 kb) but win 7 without it and a try do avoid a Security leak greakt as World i dont use win 10/11. Hey this part win sec. is joke. Around 2k has win sourcecode and every Secret service..... Yes sure use it... was free sell your self( my mind to it). So i like to see how you grow and there you take us with it. See you and have a nice Chrismas and new year.

Reactions: Albatrozz
3.00 star(s) 2 Votes