VN Ren'Py The Truth [v0.1] [Viktoria Games]

4.30 star(s) 4 Votes

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
You might want to fix that "crash on esc key" thing. It can get accidentally pressed pretty easily, being at the top left corner of the keyboard.

What's worse is the the player has to slowly slog through the game from the beginning if the game does crash.

What I saw b4 the crash looked good.

FCcookie

Oct 28, 2022
Anyone who has played the game that knows if it is actually a VN? (even though the thread isn't currently specified as so)

Sleepyguylol

Jun 18, 2020
Anyone who has played the game that knows if it is actually a VN? (even though the thread isn't currently specified as so)
I played a small portion of it. Its a VN. its... a little odd that this is using unreal engine... its missing a ton of features that are just in renpy... can't skip dialogue, can't go back to previous dialogue, pressing esc instantly closes the game, no save/load so if you accidentally press esc, you gotta go through everything again... I have my suspicions as to why this is the state that its in but thats not really important. From what I've played... its not worth anyones time.

ViktoriaGames

Game Developer
Sep 8, 2022
Hey guys I wanted to make a statement officially. Thanks for the nice comments and thanks for the reviews too. I've been thinking about it for a while now. You have to know it's a very early stage of the game and unfortunately, I haven't managed to finish everything like save game and rollback, I just wanted to release it for my discord community and to see how people in general feel about the characters. Because the characters are reasonably well received and the way I render the renders. I realized that it was a mistake to make this game in Unreal, it's just not unusual for this kind of game, I really wanted to have interactive gameplay with it, but unfortunately it was a mistake and you should learn from mistakes. That's why I decided to switch the game completely to Renpy this way I save myself the time to do a lot in Unreal and can then create more renders per update. So if you want to play the game, you are very welcome but think that I will release the Renpy version in the next few days. Have a nice weekend everyone

Alleykatt

May 19, 2017
This is a good decision by VictoriaGames. I look forward to trying out the Renpy version.

Reactions: Cedrog

David9sk

May 17, 2020
Hey guys I wanted to make a statement officially. Thanks for the nice comments and thanks for the reviews too. I've been thinking about it for a while now. You have to know it's a very early stage of the game and unfortunately, I haven't managed to finish everything like save game and rollback, I just wanted to release it for my discord community and to see how people in general feel about the characters. Because the characters are reasonably well received and the way I render the renders. I realized that it was a mistake to make this game in Unreal, it's just not unusual for this kind of game, I really wanted to have interactive gameplay with it, but unfortunately it was a mistake and you should learn from mistakes. That's why I decided to switch the game completely to Renpy this way I save myself the time to do a lot in Unreal and can then create more renders per update. So if you want to play the game, you are very welcome but think that I will release the Renpy version in the next few days. Have a nice weekend everyone
very good choice...:)

Reactions: balvenie1401

balvenie1401

Dec 29, 2017
Willingness to learn fron ones mistakes is always a great sign, excellent news :)

Reactions: xXwankerXx

Me-ta-Xa

Oct 27, 2022
Awesome! Then I'll be waiting for the Renpy version....cause this looks really good. Hope the writing/story is as well.

Question to ViktoriaGames, can you reveal any future planned tags yet? Like will there be animations or something?

Have a good weekend as well!

rabbit1qaz

Feb 24, 2018
Omg this is so slow. i wont make it to past the first bed dialog, its unresponsive and waiting through text take too much time.

4.30 star(s) 4 Votes