VN Ren'Py The Truth [v0.1] [Viktoria Games]

4.30 star(s) 4 Votes

homejorz

Apr 12, 2020
Gotta give respect to the Dev for switching to Renpy. It Makes the game alot more accessible to people. Besides it using unreal engine, there was alot of motivation for me to try this one. Female protag/milf/ great renders, interesting premise

homejorz

Apr 12, 2020
Reviews are so awful these days that I don't even think they should be there anymore, after reading them I still have no idea how good or bad this title is because that's how shallow they are.
I agree with this. That being said, a game that is seemingly a great looking VN, not using Renpy is a fair criticism for this genre. I didn't read the reviews, but if that's what people were criticizing that's fair. Dev even switched to renpy

Reactions: Drafox

Theboss3213

Jun 14, 2018
Another blonde female MC game with immense potential...but will we ever see that potential? I hope so...

The Revenant

Jun 3, 2017
Dammmmn! Great respect to the dev honestly! He listened to the fans and the reviews and changed it to Ren'py also in such a short period of time. Hope to see good things from this.

Reactions: David9sk

Trasher2018

Engaged Member
Aug 21, 2018
No setings , no save , no skip buton....
Uhm - are u playing an old version? o_O

OT:

I have the feeling that there are images missing - the scene on the boat, we only get an images with the MC holding the dick, and text that might suggest that she is giving him a BJ, but ... there is nothing. An in the next scene we get several images with micro expressions ... I dont think the focus is on the right subject here ...

All in all the story feels rushed and takes time and renders for parts that are not the main dish (there is only 2 "sex scenes" and both are horrible). And so far its quite generic - but its hard to tell, because there is not a lot of story. Its an intro at best.

Then there is the fact that there are no choices so far - sure, 0.1 but currently its a kinetic novel.

The renders are fine, but the characters look quite "plasticy" or waxy.

ashitanojoe

Oct 20, 2019
From dev's discord (14/04/2023) :

"Hi guys, I'll get back to you guys after a while... I'm very sorry to everyone who has been inquiring about me and asking if I'm okay, these messages have helped me after the failure of "The Truth " to get out. The last few weeks I've been in a phase where I not only hated the project but also couldn't even see my computer. I had quite a few plans for the project, unfortunately, it was a flop in my eyes...

After a very long time of thinking about how it should continue... After a few days, I got the motivation again, my thoughts were playing like crazy, finally, I had it again and saw a light at the end of the tunnel that gave me hope not to stop game dev. First of all I had to make it clear to myself what I actually want to do and what I enjoy... That was the first thing I had to clear in my head to be able to continue. I am more aware than ever that I will never give up the Unreal Engine, with all due respect to the most successful game devs on F95, I don't want to create a simple Renpy game (slideshow)...

I want gameplay and fun... After long thinking about time, I wrote a plan in my notebook and wrote a solid game concept over several days, a completely new project. Since I saw the mistakes I made in The Truth and that was the lack of planning the most, I decided to plan the whole concept in the smallest detail at least for the time being... Short about the plan then I'll tell you a few more things that are important to this new project. My plan is to create a game that is not just limited to a poorly designed room... but an entire city. When I decided that, I made some contacts online and spent a few euros on tips from real professionals on how and if you can create a city in a short time? The answer is YES you can make it... Since I'm maybe even more motivated than before, I can do more than that, I want to create a game that everyone who enjoys adult games will talk about... I'll give you some info about the features that I plan for the first update:

1. Top Down Adult Game

2. Renders in 4k as cut-scenes

3. A first part of the city growing over time (Residence Part will be the first part, you can see how big it will be in the photo below... The big blocks are the buildings I'm currently working on, the middle cars, since there will be flowing traffic, later when the city is bigger and a car makes sense, you can also buy one and drive around...)

4. An Ambition-Life Balance System (that means as much as our MC has big ambitions to bring it very far up... The save game catapults you to the next day... Since some stories and side quests are only available on certain days and a certain time can be triggered... Won't it be easy to just skip the days to get to the next one, if you just send our MC to bed to skip the time without any goals in terms of money, hobbies, Fulfilling sex needs our MC's mood loss, if her mood falls completely it's game over.

5. A great story with many surprises and hot moments I'll give more details on the story in the next few days when I've also talked to Bubba...

For those who might hate me for this decision, I totally understand, but to all the people who want to stay here, as a thank you, I can show you more renders from the new game, which will hopefully blow your mind.

Another innovation, I will now be doing live streams mostly on Sundays and maybe on Fridays, where you can also see where I am with the process right now. Thank you and sorry to everyone who worried about me. Lots of love to you all. Have a nice weekend"

• Red Heart
Reactions: VVAR666
4.30 star(s) 4 Votes