VN Ren'Py The Truth [v0.1] [Viktoria Games]

4.30 star(s) 4 Votes

rabbit1qaz

Feb 24, 2018
Hey guys I wanted to make a statement officially. Thanks for the nice comments and thanks for the reviews too. I've been thinking about it for a while now. You have to know it's a very early stage of the game and unfortunately, I haven't managed to finish everything like save game and rollback, I just wanted to release it for my discord community and to see how people in general feel about the characters. Because the characters are reasonably well received and the way I render the renders. I realized that it was a mistake to make this game in Unreal, it's just not unusual for this kind of game, I really wanted to have interactive gameplay with it, but unfortunately it was a mistake and you should learn from mistakes. That's why I decided to switch the game completely to Renpy this way I save myself the time to do a lot in Unreal and can then create more renders per update. So if you want to play the game, you are very welcome but think that I will release the Renpy version in the next few days. Have a nice weekend everyone
make the text skip fasster, just as it works in VN games though the renders are so good waiting as dialog lines apear is horrid. Anyway i hope the best for u :)

Mar 7, 2023
I wonder what is the appeal of unity? I use my PC for development, bought a very good (top class) machine + decent graphics card. But everyone of these games bring my PC on the brink.

It takes forever for it to go to the next page. I mean with renpy, you could at least get some options to skip quicker through some texts. With escape you got a menu, here nothing to do, and after getting a few scenes, pressing escape will quit the program quicker than I ever got it started.

And again a program that needs to start in fullscreen, and takes forever before you can make it window sized.

I will probably have to blame my 4K monitors, but these kind of games are really a waste of my time...

Xill

Jan 10, 2018
Hey guys I wanted to make a statement officially. Thanks for the nice comments and thanks for the reviews too. I've been thinking about it for a while now. You have to know it's a very early stage of the game and unfortunately, I haven't managed to finish everything like save game and rollback, I just wanted to release it for my discord community and to see how people in general feel about the characters. Because the characters are reasonably well received and the way I render the renders. I realized that it was a mistake to make this game in Unreal, it's just not unusual for this kind of game, I really wanted to have interactive gameplay with it, but unfortunately it was a mistake and you should learn from mistakes. That's why I decided to switch the game completely to Renpy this way I save myself the time to do a lot in Unreal and can then create more renders per update. So if you want to play the game, you are very welcome but think that I will release the Renpy version in the next few days. Have a nice weekend everyone
What was the gameplay on UE going to be like and is that going to somehow translate to Ren'Py? Will there be choices or is this going to be a kinetic novel? For example in the current demo you can go upstairs and change her clothes, is that just for proof of concept or was it going to be some gameplay mechanic?

mattrixatp

Apr 29, 2017
What's the reason for this to be in UE if you're just clicking through dialogue? Might as well put it in Ren'py.

Saint Blackmoor

Saint and Sinner
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
I started playing and ran into many issues. I am glad viktoria games is switching to RenPy. I was bummed that I didn't want to keep playing. But Now! :love:

A Request: Could an opacity option be added?

ViktoriaGames

Game Developer
Sep 8, 2022
Reviews are so awful these days that I don't even think they should be there anymore, after reading them I still have no idea how good or bad this title is because that's how shallow they are.
Try it out for yourself. I can promise you it won't be that bad :)

Reactions: Drafox

Saint Blackmoor

Saint and Sinner
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
Reviews are so awful these days that I don't even think they should be there anymore
It's a Hit and Miss kind of thing. I've read some professional-level reviews that really helped me decide whether to play or not.
I read one that had more words than the game had, and it made sense. LOL, but yeah, it's not great.
Also, A real review is not based on the reviewer's personal taste.

I think the reaction system should be changed. I know many don't agree, but the Faceplam is at the root of many firestorms here and is used by immature members for kicks. It's an immature and destructive way of commenting.

Last edited:
Reactions: Skeltom and Drafox

Saint Blackmoor

Saint and Sinner
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
We discussed it exactly today on our Server... It´s a great idea
Serendipity :giggle: My ultimate opacity option would be a textbox that reads the changing colors of its background and adjusts accordingly. The next best would be a small slider down by the quick menu. the same size as the QM and about 1.50 inches long or 38.1 mm in that totally inaccurate foreign measurement. :LOL: just kidding.

• Haha
Reactions: ViktoriaGames
4.30 star(s) 4 Votes