cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Unfortunately, the majority of people playing this game more than likely don't have a setup that supports M2 SSDs.
Not to mention they're more expensive than SATA3 ones.

I'd honestly smack someone a few times across the face for using one for this game though :ROFLMAO:
Correct! The game shouldn't need this kind of hardware to run smoothly. All it needs is a better optimization through his code.

saadiii321

Dec 30, 2019
Please HELP
As I start my play from step 699, and go to beach v0.36 shows the following crash error
I have downloaded v0.36 from different uploader but the problem presist. Any Solutions for this?
SS.png

rainyd

Jan 30, 2019
well there are SSDs then there are the M2s
its a huge difference in reading/writing speeds there.
300mb/s for an standard SSD and up to 3300mb/s for an M2
Yes, in terms of read/write speed NVME SSD is offering big jump over SATA SSD, however in typical usage difference between them would be relatively small.

Btw, SATA 3 SSD usually have read speed in 560-500 MB/s range.

Reactions: Snugglepuff

rev2020

Oct 16, 2019
however in typical usage difference between them would be relatively small.
loading big files is where these shines over standard SSDs
typical usage is surfing the net and watch youtube videos ;)
do you own an M2 or do you just guess how they perform?

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
Still no pregnancy scene updates? Ugh, bored
I doubt we'll be seeing more than what we've already got for Janice. This game's going to be ending relatively soon, and KST will be working on the new game.
Hopefully the mistakes made in designing this game are learnt from and don't crop up again.

loading big files is where these shines over standard SSDs
Something this game does not require.
I spent about a year running this on a potato machine, where the most modern part was the graphics card - MSI R9 270 OC 2GBDDR5 - from November 2017 to early this year, and never from an SSD. Rest of the specs were an i3 530 (OC of 3.66Ghz) and 4GB 1333Mhz DDR3 RAM, and running from a nearly ten year old 1TB HDD.
Just out of curiosity I booted that system up and ran the 0.36 Beta 1 cracked version, and loading times only got worse after half an hour, and only by 3-4 seconds coming in with the longest measurement of 18 seconds during a forty minute test, and that was when loading in the beach.

Wasting an SSD (Even bog standard SATA3 type) on this game, is something that should wind up having your rig taken away from you, and all PC gaming privileges removed. For life.

coretex

Jun 15, 2017
Not only do i think due to the game's poor optimization, that.. having an even more powerful processor and fast loading drives -can- help.. also having more than 2gb of VRAM is key, as the game consistently wants between 2-3 gigs of VRAM.. so those of you with weak/older graphics cards/chips are having even more issues due to having to page out textures all the time. Not that the textures in this game are that complex, but with how bloated everything is, it compounds the issue.

3.40 star(s) 156 Votes