Emperor_Arcturus

Jul 18, 2017
You really shouldn't. It messes up progression flags. Don't do anything more than recovering lost points.

As for Emma... Talk with Janice when she's in the Living Room reading. Talking to characters is there for a reason after all.
So does that mean I've screwed up asking to sleep in her bed then?

NotQuiteMilk

Dec 18, 2017
I like this game. That said I find it perplexing that you need what is equivalent to a spreadsheet to get anywhere. I feel ive sort of lost my way at some point and have to scour through walkthrough just to figure out what im supposed to do(at pretty much all times). Aggravating the issue further are the ridiculous load times everywhere. My suggestion is that the dev team focus on cutting down the loading. I like the game so much, but every time the game loads when I go from scene to scene I feel my life force slipping away.

Reactions: Calyps0

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
Aggravating the issue further are the ridiculous load times everywhere. My suggestion is that the dev team focus on cutting down the loading. I like the game so much, but every time the game loads when I go from scene to scene I feel my life force slipping away.
Running on HDD or SSD?

Mar 2, 2019
Hi All, dumb question but im so stuck. I've followed everything and done the anal scene, but the bathroom is still locked and i can't peek? what am I doing wrong please?

MrLee

May 6, 2017
I like this game. That said I find it perplexing that you need what is equivalent to a spreadsheet to get anywhere. I feel ive sort of lost my way at some point and have to scour through walkthrough just to figure out what im supposed to do(at pretty much all times). Aggravating the issue further are the ridiculous load times everywhere. My suggestion is that the dev team focus on cutting down the loading. I like the game so much, but every time the game loads when I go from scene to scene I feel my life force slipping away.
sounds like you needf a newer pc

Calyps0

Mar 24, 2018
I also run a high-end MAC and noticed this crazy (annoying) load time as well. Anytime we change rooms, map locations etc...there is a 8-11 second pause of black screen EVERY time. Super annoying. Not his PC. Game.

Hasvardel

Aug 18, 2017
If anyone has a save at the end of .29 with billy and no dad, the one supplied doesen't have the story with kendra done

dsconstructor

Modder
Sep 26, 2017
I also run a high-end MAC and noticed this crazy (annoying) load time as well. Anytime we change rooms, map locations etc...there is a 8-11 second pause of black screen EVERY time. Super annoying. Not his PC. Game.
Doing some testing on a relatively high end desktop (i7 7700k, RTX2080) while running the game from HDD
First time load times around 3-8 sec, with subsequent "slow" loading scenes taking 2-3 seconds to load on the 2nd time around (aka cached loads)

And a worse case scenario of loading all 53 scenes in quick succession (without cached loads) taking a total of 170 seconds, so a average of 3.2 seconds per scene, with the limiting factor here being drive read speed.
Using a RAMDisk for the same test it's able to load all 53 scenes in 50 seconds flat, making for a average of 0.95 second per scene load.
(these tests do not take into account fade out/in but rather load the next scene as soon as the current scene has been fully loaded)

It certainly could use optimization, every scene change loads the entire scene and with it all the models that are used in it.
However i don't foresee the load times getting better anytime soon, probably rather worse as more content is added and it would take nearly a rewrite to get away from the current system.

With decent specs its still quite playable though.
And it seems depending on the bottleneck, running it from a RAMDisk could significantly improve load times.

Howarde

Sep 23, 2017
hi everyone ;)
I've got one small dumb question : is it possible to clear input ? or change inputs in a txt document or whatever ? (i pressed a wrong button whil changing inputs and don't know how to clear/change it ><)

Entita

Nov 9, 2018
I cannot do step 207. If I step on pier I get black screen....the same if I try to go to remote part of beach...any help wi thi ? (I have version .26)

3.40 star(s) 156 Votes