Mod Ren'Py The Tyrant: S A Z Mod [Update 0.9.4b Official][Mod][S A Z]

4.90 star(s) 50 Votes

Rhastor

Feb 3, 2018
Just tried this and yes, the UI changes are awful. Of course I'd judge the mod on the new content, though, which I haven't seen yet.

AtotehZ

Aug 24, 2018
If it's just a mattter of the doing it a second time I was just too impatient. I did it once and got frustrated :p

EDIT: It really was.. Got it now. Think I have all scenes then. I'll be doing a few more playthroughs to get all the NTR/Revenge/Sadist lines.

Reactions: yolol

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
I've played a bit now. I really like the new content. Content-wise this beats the original.

I'm not a big fan of the interface in the mod vs the original. A fat border around every button makes it look more clunky than it needs to. I'm missing the faces on each location signifying where the characters are as well. Being able to collapse the areas is nice, it would be nice if it was never the standard. I preferred the button placement of the original as well, but to be honest that doesn't really matter.

Lines that MC is thinking vs saying being colored differently is a nice touch that annoyed me was missing in the original. There are a few of the lines MC is thinking that could've made sense being said out loud, so the distinction is nice.

Regarding the phone. I like the cheat mod improvements. If you just wanna experience the content without following the story this makes it a lot easier.
I dislike the shop changes. That's a very minor thing however(I prefer an overview instead of 1 item per page).

I wanna stress out as much as I can however that content means more than interface and I'd play this any day over the original. Some of the features of 0.9.1 are missing, but that's to be expected and will probably be there in the next version of the mod.

I'm gonna love exploring the rest of this mod.

EDIT: I would like to add that if possible, keep the fitness scenes and the Bruce/Cassandra NTR scene in v0.9.1 of the mod. There's no reason to cut them. It all adds to make it feel like a more full game.

S A Z & Lady Aspen thank you for your hard work on this.
Thank you for your feedback. It's much appreciated!

I also just wanted to let you know you can still see who is going to be in a room by hovering over the purple dot on the corner of a room icon when it appears. These show up at the same times the faces would have shown up over the old icon sets. In this screenshot I'm hovering over the purple dot on the Dining Room Icon at 6pm and you can see that Nicole, Alexis, and Bruce will be in the room before clicking on it. (I'm still working on improving them so they are more accurate to every scene option, as the original faces weren't completely accurate to all of the scenes available either, so there are some discrepancies I am still working on.)

EDIT: I just realized that you may have, even probably, already knew about this, but possibly just missed the little faces as a small visual cue without having to hover your mouse. If that is the case, then I'm sorry for assuming otherwise. But if not, then this is good to know. :)

1589430491267.png

And you shouldn't have to worry about me cutting any scenes, it's always been my goal to add more content with the mod, not remove any. :)

Last edited:

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
Glad you enjoy the mod
I will admit I also had a peeve over the UI changes, but I got used to them, the only peeve i have is the location menu closes when you move to a new location but that's minor.
The Shop menu I agree but more that is should be split overview by tabs, Gifts, Clothes per girl. But those are things that can wait until the game is complete and SAZ releases the final mod they are minor things
Overall I agree Content is what make the Mod that is why you will find there are lots of loyal fans frothing at the mouth in complete calm and patience, (Yes :) complete contradiction), awaiting the SAZ 0.9.1 Update.
I had a question regard your location menu closing when you move locations. Is that happening every time you move to a new location? It shouldn't be doing that. It should only close automatically if there is an item that is clickable in the room that is in that area, or a character in that area at that time, such as the living room at 2pm when Nicole is napping on the couch. It behaves this way on my test machines, so if it's not working on yours I would be interested in hearing about that and I'm sorry for the nuisance that has been creating! :(

Reactions: Knight2416
D

Deleted member 758270

I had a question regard your location menu closing when you move locations. Is that happening every time you move to a new location? It shouldn't be doing that. It should only close automatically if there is an item that is clickable in the room that is in that area, or a character in that area at that time, such as the living room at 2pm when Nicole is napping on the couch. It behaves this way on my test machines, so if it's not working on yours I would be interested in hearing about that and I'm sorry for the nuisance that has been creating! :(
Hi SAZ no nuisance I get used to it after a few minutes of play. It happens as you say when there is a character in the area but some times it just closes when I got to the main map eg: at 7:00AM were there is no items that are clickable only other locations, unless the other locations are coded as items, (this is before I accept to deliver the package from Bruce) and no characters to go to it closes the location menu, or it stays open eg: if i open the menu on the map menu then wait till 09:00AM go to the Kitchen, where Cassandra is at 09:00AM the menu stays open. (I used these times as eg this happens at other times and locations as well randomly). It wont close at all after I manually open it in any location, even at 02:00PM in living room, then randomly after the weekend dates it closes as I wake up.
Perhaps it is because I unren the game before adding your mod I normally I do this for any game, to look at all the new images see what scenes the game author has added

Never the less as long as the Content and game work with no issues then I am happy even if the menu acts like a loon every now and then. I have had a game mod that have had entire images disappear after viewing them once or show a complete different char image to the char I was talking to before, so a minor menu thing is tiny in comparison to that

AtotehZ

Aug 24, 2018
(...)
I just realized that you may have, even probably, already knew about this, but possibly just missed the little faces as a small visual cue without having to hover your mouse. If that is the case, then I'm sorry for assuming otherwise. But if not, then this is good to know. :)
(...)
Yep, no problem :) Without the big border on buttons I'd say there's room too.

(...)
And you shouldn't have to worry about me cutting any scenes, it's always been my goal to add more content with the mod, not remove any. :)
That's great to know. They did cut it in 0.9.1 though.

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
Hi SAZ no nuisance I get used to it after a few minutes of play. It happens as you say when there is a character in the area but some times it just closes when I got to the main map eg: at 7:00AM were there is no items that are clickable only other locations, unless the other locations are coded as items, (this is before I accept to deliver the package from Bruce) and no characters to go to it closes the location menu, or it stays open eg: if i open the menu on the map menu then wait till 09:00AM go to the Kitchen, where Cassandra is at 09:00AM the menu stays open. (I used these times as eg this happens at other times and locations as well randomly). It wont close at all after I manually open it in any location, even at 02:00PM in living room, then randomly after the weekend dates it closes as I wake up.
Perhaps it is because I unren the game before adding your mod I normally I do this for any game, to look at all the new images see what scenes the game author has added

Never the less as long as the Content and game work with no issues then I am happy even if the menu acts like a loon every now and then. I have had a game mod that have had entire images disappear after viewing them once or show a complete different char image to the char I was talking to before, so a minor menu thing is tiny in comparison to that
Thank you for the additional details. I'll look into this further. If I'm able to replicate this behavior then hopefully I can fix the issue.

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
Yep, no problem :) Without the big border on buttons I'd say there's room too.
The problem with UI is it can very subjective on who likes a certain style and who doesn't. I really didn't like the old UI, hence the new UI was created, but I recognize the new UI also hasn't been everyone else's favorite either.

I've mentioned before in the thread that I would like to make a couple different options for users to choose from for the UI at some point. Perhaps a darker, simpler theme. But given my current time constraints that's going to be something that comes later down the road.

That's great to know. They did cut it in 0.9.1 though.
Which fitness scenes and Bruce/Cassandra NTR scene exactly did they cut? I haven't ran into anything being cut like that in the coding for the 0.9.1 version of the base game yet, beyond Saddog's weird Hard mode error, which I've already been fixing in the 0.9.1 version of the mod I've been working on.

AtotehZ

Aug 24, 2018
Which fitness scenes and Bruce/Cassandra NTR scene exactly did they cut? I haven't ran into anything being cut like that in the coding for the 0.9.1 version of the base game yet, beyond Saddog's weird Hard mode error, which I've already been fixing in the 0.9.1 version of the mod I've been working on.
The whole fitness location was cut from at least the accessible part of the game. I also haven't seen the Bruce/Cassandra basement NTR scene in 0.9.1. I think I would've if it hasn't been cut. So, 100% certain fitness location is just gone from normal gameplay and 80% certain the basement scene was cut.

D

Deleted member 758270

iirc there is also a scene where you get to kill Frank and also an ntr scene if you fail just like Davide. I heard alot of people where unable to get this scene dispite the images being in the game, tried alot of things myself i i could't get it but perhaps i did it wrong.
I know that scene exists i got it i think in v0.7.1 but i never looked for it in v0.8.5 i think its in the high relationship high love/corruption path for both Nicole and Cassandra cant remember

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
The whole fitness location was cut from at least the accessible part of the game. I also haven't seen the Bruce/Cassandra basement NTR scene in 0.9.1. I think I would've if it hasn't been cut. So, 100% certain fitness location is just gone from normal gameplay and 80% certain the basement scene was cut.
Thank you for clarifying. I really appreciate you being willing to help out like that! :) I think there might possibly be an issue with the 0.9.1 version you are playing with or maybe you are playing with my 0.8.5 mod installed on the 0.9.1 version of the game and it's blocking content you should have access to, because it's not really compatible with 0.9.1 yet.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

AtotehZ

Aug 24, 2018
Thank you for clarifying. I really appreciate you being willing to help out like that! :) I think there might possibly be an issue with the 0.9.1 version you are playing with or maybe you are playing with my 0.8.5 mod installed on the 0.9.1 version of the game and it's blocking content you should have access to, because it's not really compatible with 0.9.1 yet.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I'm talking about when playing v0.9.1 original with no mods. The Fitness location is no longer there. When you create the mod for 0.9.1 it would be nice if it wasn't removed. Don't know if it's possible though.

I don't know which version you're using for the mod, I just got the 0.9.1 from the OP post of The Tyrant's discussion. Just unpacked the file again for a clean install, but it's the same deal. No fitness center.

Reactions: kang kun

lordfridge9

Emperor of Universe 7
Donor
Aug 24, 2017
I'm talking about when playing v0.9.1 original with no mods. The Fitness location is no longer there. When you create the mod for 0.9.1 it would be nice if it wasn't removed. Don't know if it's possible though.
Any explanation for why it's removed??

AtotehZ

Aug 24, 2018
So... I looked through some of the comments newer comments with the word "fitness" in and found out you can only get to the fitness studio:
  1. When one of the girls are there.
  2. From the bar or tanning salon, not the city map.-
I'm both happy that got settled, but also a little peeved that it was done in such a roundabout way.

This is how it looks to me on the city map when someone is in the fitness center:
fitness center.png
It's a fresh install. I'm forced to enter through another location on the city map.

Last edited:

Knight2416

Jul 16, 2017
So... I looked through some of the comments newer comments with the word "fitness" in and found out you can only get to the fitness studio:
  1. When one of the girls are there.
  2. From the bar or tanning salon, not the city map.-
I'm both happy that got settled, but also a little peeved that it was done in such a roundabout way.

This is how it looks to me on the city map when someone is in the fitness center:
View attachment 657700
It's a fresh install. I'm forced to enter through another location on the city map.
The Dev tried to jump from a linear story game to a sandbox style which is a big jump.
Some of his code is error prone and the rules to access screens can be hard to meet without accessing the code with unren.
This is one of the biggest reasons S A Z needs time to make mod as he rewrote a big chuck of it to reduce errors and have more robust code. Clothes was a good example of this.

4.90 star(s) 50 Votes