Mod Ren'Py The Tyrant: S A Z Mod [Update 0.9.4b Official][Mod][S A Z]

4.90 star(s) 50 Votes

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
I got this error upon trying to load in a saved game from the previous verions.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Are you trying to use a save from the 0.7 version of the mod? Because those saves are not compatible. That was before the change to a non-intrusive installation and it tries to pull files from locations that just don't exist in the current mod structure. The non-intrusive installation was added in the 0.8.2 version. So save files are only compatible from that point on and they need to be from the mod and not the original game.

Now if you are pretty sure that the saves you are trying to load are from that version or later and still not working, if you could upload one for me here to check. I'd be happy to look at it and see what I can do. :)

Reactions: Knight2416

Raknor

May 12, 2019
Are you trying to use a save from the 0.7 version of the mod? Because those saves are not compatible. That was before the change to a non-intrusive installation and it tries to pull files from locations that just don't exist in the current mod structure. The non-intrusive installation was added in the 0.8.2 version. So save files are only compatible from that point on and they need to be from the mod and not the original game.

Now if you are pretty sure that the saves you are trying to load are from that version or later and still not working, if you could upload one for me here to check. I'd be happy to look at it and see what I can do. :)
Those saves should be for the 8.5, since I have played the 8.5 mod and those were the last saves I made, or at least I think those were those saves. Is there a way to tell?

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
Those saves should be for the 8.5, since I have played the 8.5 mod and those were the last saves I made, or at least I think those were those saves. Is there a way to tell?
In your error trace, it's mentions the "TheTyrant-0.7-pc saz modded" folder, so that is why it was wondering if it was from that version specifically.

When I made the installation non-intrusive, I had to move the saves from local saves to the renpy default save folder, which in a Windows machine is the %appdata% folder under the Renpy > TheTyrant-SAZMOD so your saves should be stored there specifically if they were saved when using the mod from 0.8.2 and on.

Second, any saves from 0.8.2 and on force the name SAZMOD as a prefix. So it should SAZMOD and anything else you may have entered after that for the save name.

Other than that. I have to put them in a save editor and check them for certain variables that I have added in 0.8.2 and on to see if it's from the mod or not to verify it. And then of course there is just trying it out.

On rare occasions, old save files just don't work for some reason. It doesn't happen often, but it has happened before. Thankfully with the cheats it isn't hard to start over if needed, but hopefully we won't have to do that.

So if your save has the SAZMOD prefix and is from the %appdata% > Renpy > TheTyrant-SAZMOD folder if you are using a Windows machine (~/Library/RenPy/TheTyrant-SAZMOD - I think for Mac), then I would still be happy to take a look at it and see if I can get it working for you if you'd like.

Raknor

May 12, 2019
Yes, I don't bother changing the name of the folder when I add something new to it. But, now that I remember, I did use my laptop before to play the game and now I'm using my desktop to play the game on, so, the saves would be on the laptop since it didn't save in the actual game folder. I've started the game again and just cheated in love, corruption and relationship for the girls.

Also, found some errors, which I think was around from the original. When you are in the younger sister's room with mom at 9 pm and you have the selection to look at their tits and mom's legs, the tit buttons are reversed. When you click on sister's tits, you look at mom's tits and when you click on mom's tits, it looks at sister's tits.

Raknor

May 12, 2019
Found a problem with one of the videos. When you go on the date with your mom to the restaurant and you look at her tits, when it gets to the end and repeats, every other repeat there is a flicker of white as it resets. This also happens in the first set of video when in the bathroom stall together.

I'm running on an Intel i3 3.2GHz, 16 GB RAM, DX 12, with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 920 with 12 GB memory. I don't have sound running for the game, just in case you would be wondering what my system is for this problem.

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
Yes, I don't bother changing the name of the folder when I add something new to it. But, now that I remember, I did use my laptop before to play the game and now I'm using my desktop to play the game on, so, the saves would be on the laptop since it didn't save in the actual game folder. I've started the game again and just cheated in love, corruption and relationship for the girls.

Also, found some errors, which I think was around from the original. When you are in the younger sister's room with mom at 9 pm and you have the selection to look at their tits and mom's legs, the tit buttons are reversed. When you click on sister's tits, you look at mom's tits and when you click on mom's tits, it looks at sister's tits.
Thanks for that catch on the reversed buttons! I have fixed that and a hot fix will be posted soon. :)

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
Found a problem with one of the videos. When you go on the date with your mom to the restaurant and you look at her tits, when it gets to the end and repeats, every other repeat there is a flicker of white as it resets. This also happens in the first set of video when in the bathroom stall together.

I'm running on an Intel i3 3.2GHz, 16 GB RAM, DX 12, with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 920 with 12 GB memory. I don't have sound running for the game, just in case you would be wondering what my system is for this problem.
Thanks for letting me know. I checked the original files and both of those video files have a flicker in the original webm file that was given to me. I'm afraid there isn't really anything I can do about either of them. :( But I can put a note about it in the OP under the installation instructions for the animation pack so people are aware of it before downloading it.

Raknor

May 12, 2019
A couple of issues that problem come from the original. In the kitchen, none of the girls are wearing the clothes that I've had them change into. Little sis is wearing her t-shirt and jeans and older sis is wearing the sports bra and panties (or whatever they are really called).

A suggestion if there is something out there for it, but in the basement bathroom when older sis is in there showering, there should be an extended scene where you basically do what you do with mom, but go at it a little faster than mom, especially if you have brought her into the basement and fucked her already.

Raknor

May 12, 2019
Not sure if this is from the original game or not (probably is) but there is some kind of clipping with younger sis in the kitchen when she is washing dishes and you do the corruption option. Here is a picture of it:

cubero

Dec 9, 2017
That's awesome! If cubero is ok with it, I would be happy to use this banner in the OP. Giving cubero and yourself (Lady Aspen) credit in the Thanks section of course. I just want to be sure it's cool first since it's not one of my own Fan-Art renders in this scene. :)

It's no secret that I use Fan-Art in the mod (Hint Hint cubero :p) in fact it's an often requested feature and I list it in the main despcription. But I don't want to use it in the main thread without first getting permission and credit given as I don't want to take credit for other's awesome work. That's why I mark the change logs with tag of "Fan-Art" for scenes with other's art or "Original Renders" for scenes my own Fan-Art. Most of the artists that have contacted me about it have been cool with it, just didn't necessarily want credit in the mod itself.

Anyway, thanks again for the awesome banner Lady Aspen! :D
Of course you can use it, nice work by Lady Aspen, as well as if you like any of the images or series I've uploaded you can use it in your great mod I'm looking forward to playing.
And if ever my old machine and I can help you in any way in your work just let me know :giggle:
Thanks for your work and to share it.

Last edited:

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
Not sure if this is from the original game or not (probably is) but there is some kind of clipping with younger sis in the kitchen when she is washing dishes and you do the corruption option. Here is a picture of it:
Yeah, so all the clothing variations like that are from the games original assets. :( The issue is Saddog didn't render the images with the exact same lighting and settings for each clothing variation, so they are noticeable like that. Sadly there isn't much I can do about that without hours and hours of manual editing to modify each of these images to try to match light changes and more to get to look seamless, which sadly I don't have time to try to fix them. So yeah, they are they way in the original game as well sadly. Hopefully Saddog will have time in to future to fix them as he's actually getting paid to make it, but if not, then I hope to have some more time in future to work on it myself. But I'm an amateur graphic artist at best really, so I don't know how much I can do with it.

EDIT: Sorry, I completely missed the point of what you were pointing out, the position is actually off in the picture as well. Not only the tint of the picture. I'll see if I can get the position fixed in the next hot fix.

Last edited:

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
Of course you can use it, nice work by Lady Aspen, as well as if you like any of the images or series I've uploaded you can use it in your great mod I'm looking forward to playing.
And if ever my old machine and I can help you in any way in your work just let me know :giggle:
Thanks for your work and share it.
Thank you so much! That's very kind of you! :D

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
A couple of issues that problem come from the original. In the kitchen, none of the girls are wearing the clothes that I've had them change into. Little sis is wearing her t-shirt and jeans and older sis is wearing the sports bra and panties (or whatever they are really called).
Yeah, I'm afraid there are not assets available for those scenes with them in the alternate clothes, Alexis and Cassandra. I think Saddog has some story reasoning behind it, Alexis being in school, so that's her school outfit, until she gets back at noon. And Cassandra is in her workout clothes, which she still wears during her pregnancy scenes during that time too. But that might just be because he didn't want to make more renders for that time. There are also some dates and events without the alternate clothing changes available yet either. Like Alexis's 4pm basement event. So there will be gaps in the when they are wearing the proper clothing sadly. :( But it's been getting closer with each main game update to having that consistency in outfits that we'd like to have. So hopefully that will continue.
A suggestion if there is something out there for it, but in the basement bathroom when older sis is in there showering, there should be an extended scene where you basically do what you do with mom, but go at it a little faster than mom, especially if you have brought her into the basement and fucked her already.
I think this is a great suggestion! :) I haven't seen any of these scenes in the Fan-Art thread yet and I haven't had time to do any more of my own renders recently. But I will definitely add it to the wishlist for scenes and keep it in mind for future updates! Thanks for the suggestion.

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
----- Hot Fix v01 Release -----
This Hot Fix covers all of the issues listed previously since the 0.9.1 Mod Beta release, including:
  • 9pm Alexis (lilsis) Room - When MC asked Alexis to lay down in the middle the buttons look at her breasts and at Nicole's breasts were switched by accident, that has been corrected.
*Installation instructions in the zip file. OP updated as well.

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
There is no light to signify at 4 pm that there are people to sell drugs too (before you get mom and older sis to help you).
Yeah, there also isn't technically one for the job at 10am you can get at the Sleazy Weasel or during the times when you can work at the Tanning Salon. Some of the lights do overlap with other events during those times though. They are meant to signify Love, Corruption or Darker Path Scenes. (Green, Red, Blue lights) The Yellow Lights signify special scenes with flags that are important for later scenes to check off. So the first time you can sell drugs down there at 4pm, by talking with Bruce about it, is marked with a yellow light, but those lights disappear after the flag is checked, in this case the selldrugs = True flag. So it's only there once.

There are some events like the jobs and such I don't have a system in place to notify the player about yet. :(

defd©™

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 6, 2019
Great...
I have just some quiestions:
1) is the spot1000 package the same as version 8.5 or i have to re-download?
2) it works if I use the file to upgrade the previous 8.5 SAZ version?
3) save files are not compatible with the original version
but i have some old saved file from previous SAZ version... these old saves works on the 9.1?

thanks

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
Great...
I have just some quiestions:
1) is the spot1000 package the same as version 8.5 or i have to re-download?
2) it works if I use the file to upgrade the previous 8.5 SAZ version?
3) save files are not compatible with the original version
but i have some old saved file from previous SAZ version... these old saves works on the 9.1?

thanks
1) the spot1000 animation pack is the same - You don't need to download it again. You can just move the spot1000 folder from the old SAZMOD > edited > anim folder into the new one.
2) No, the 0.9.1 SAZMOD will not upgrade the 0.8.5 version of the game (modded or otherwise) into the 0.9.1 version if that is what you are asking. You need to start with the 0.9.1 base version of the game. The mod works as a non-intrusive installation, which means it doesn't overwrite anything in the game to work, but it does use the assets from the original game, so you need all of the 0.9.1 assets for it to work properly.
3) That is correct. Your 0.8.5 SAZMOD saves should be compatible with this update and have worked with it in our playtests. :)

4.90 star(s) 50 Votes