Mod Ren'Py The Tyrant: S A Z Mod [Update 0.9.4b Official][Mod][S A Z]

4.90 star(s) 50 Votes

RabidSloth

Dec 4, 2018
So the Darker Paths are all just variations on the NTR sequences. As such the follow the same rules as the original game's NTR scenes in that they require 5 or lower relationship with the girls involved in scenes.

The different Darker Paths are dialogue changes for the girls and the MC to give the scenes different flavors. It uses the same available NTR assets(scene images) that were in the original game.

Having a low relationship doesn't prevent all sexual interactions with that girl, but where there are scenes where there is either a Love/Corruption version and also an NTR version, the lower relationship points will initialize the NTR version of the scene. So in those cases you won't see the Love/Corruption versions with lower relationship points. This is fundamental to how the system works and I don't plan on changing that aspect of it.

What you can't do right now is complete the game with a full NTR only playthrough. There are some scenes that don't have those options and you have to at least temporarily have your relationship points high enough to see those Love/Corruption scenes to continue. I have talked about the possibility of changing that in the future somehow for those that want a full NTR playthrough.
Thank you for the information! If the relationship stat with a character drops low enough for NTR, does the NTR then stop if you raise the relationship stat back up?

As I mentioned before, I never finished my playthrough of the vanilla game, so I don't know how much is from the original and how much is new or reworked. But I'm liking the options to basically encourage them or hoe them out, and want to do that in my next run after I finish this one (my "They're all MINE!" run XD). So I've yet so see how much of that, if any, is shared between the non-NTR path and an NTR one. I'm sure once I "finish" the game I'll come back here and have much more context about everything.

Right now I'm trying to figure out if certain content is not there because I'm not doing something or going somewhere at the right time, or if it was just never added to the game. For example, I just had the scene in the basement where it's made known to the gang that Nicole is now the MC's slut, and was given the option for who Dave's (?) new slut will be. I had the choice of Miranda, the subway girl, or no one. Do all, or any, of these choices actually result in scenes playing out, or was it just never finished? I chose the subway girl for him, but have yet to see anything happen as a result of it.

Also, just wanting to know so that I don't get my hopes up, is there ever any lesbian or group content (involving the MC) between Nicole, Alexis, and Cassandra? Any "mother/daughter bonding", or sisterly love lol? ;-)

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
S A Z I have an idea about the Patreon images that shouldn't break or conflict with anything. It could be unlocked by finding a digital camera some gang member had forgotten to take home with him/her so the player checks out the images on it by putting the SD card into his phone and that way, you can use the phone or cheat menu to view them. You could even keep them split into NTR and non-ntr groups then gate those groups depending on the player's route so if they are not doing NTR, they won't see the NTR images on the camera. I think it'll be better for the immersion value if it's gated based on the route.
I had a similar idea with finding the girl's phones through out the game and seeing different images on them depending on your NTR settings and relationship points and such. I'll add this idea to the list too. It could possibly be Steve's camera. :unsure: Thank you for sharing you suggestions!

Reactions: mostar65 and D Dog

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
Thank you for the information! If the relationship stat with a character drops low enough for NTR, does the NTR then stop if you raise the relationship stat back up?
That is correct. If you keep the relationship points high, then no NTR(Darker Path) scenes. It actively checks your RPs with each scene. There are also some Darker Path option in the phone's cheat menu to force NTR scenes regardless of your RPs with the girls, which was like the Hardmode that was taken out of the original game later.
As I mentioned before, I never finished my playthrough of the vanilla game, so I don't know how much is from the original and how much is new or reworked. But I'm liking the options to basically encourage them or hoe them out, and want to do that in my next run after I finish this one (my "They're all MINE!" run XD). So I've yet so see how much of that, if any, is shared between the non-NTR path and an NTR one. I'm sure once I "finish" the game I'll come back here and have much more context about everything.

Right now I'm trying to figure out if certain content is not there because I'm not doing something or going somewhere at the right time, or if it was just never added to the game. For example, I just had the scene in the basement where it's made known to the gang that Nicole is now the MC's slut, and was given the option for who Dave's (?) new slut will be. I had the choice of Miranda, the subway girl, or no one. Do all, or any, of these choices actually result in scenes playing out, or was it just never finished? I chose the subway girl for him, but have yet to see anything happen as a result of it.
Saddog hasn't done much with that choice. I have added a few dialogue changes based on what you choose, but sadly, we didn't really get any in-game content on that from the original game.
Also, just wanting to know so that I don't get my hopes up, is there ever any lesbian or group content (involving the MC) between Nicole, Alexis, and Cassandra? Any "mother/daughter bonding", or sisterly love lol? ;-)
There are a couple scenes where they are both present (such as Nicole and Cassandra in the Orgy scene in the basement, or in Alexis' room with Nicole) but they have little to no direct interaction. It looked like it was building up to that point, but we didn't get any of that content with the releases up to the last release we have so far (0.9.1).

There are some lesbian scenes between Alexis/Irina and Cassandra/Irina, but no family fun in that regard, sadly.

RabidSloth

Dec 4, 2018
That is correct. If you keep the relationship points high, then no NTR(Darker Path) scenes. It actively checks your RPs with each scene. There are also some Darker Path option in the phone's cheat menu to force NTR scenes regardless of your RPs with the girls, which was like the Hardmode that was taken out of the original game later.

Saddog hasn't done much with that choice. I have added a few dialogue changes based on what you choose, but sadly, we didn't really get any in-game content on that from the original game.

There are a couple scenes where they are both present (such as Nicole and Cassandra in the Orgy scene in the basement, or in Alexis' room with Nicole) but they have little to no direct interaction. It looked like it was building up to that point, but we didn't get any of that content with the releases up to the last release we have so far (0.9.1).

There are some lesbian scenes between Alexis/Irina and Cassandra/Irina, but no family fun in that regard, sadly.
Oh man, that sucks. It's a crime that this game was never completed! Did the creator ever give a reason why it was abandoned? Or any sliver of hope that they might ever come back and finish it? =*(

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
Oh man, that sucks. It's a crime that this game was never completed! Did the creator ever give a reason why it was abandoned? Or any sliver of hope that they might ever come back and finish it? =*(
Saddog hasn't ever officially said he's abandoned the project, rather is was tagged Abandoned by the F95 because of the lack of any update releases and no communication from Saddog (which made sense given how long things had been silent). I don't think it would have been marked Abandoned if there was any communication being given on Patreon or anywhere else with Saddog.

There was going to be a release in June (0.9.5), that didn't happened. There was some issues with Patreon's T&S team cited, but there seemed to be some work being done to resolve the issue. That was the last we heard directly from him (again in June).

So while it is of course in the realm of possibility that Saddog may return one day, long periods of no communication have happened in the past, this is easily the longest dry spell in that regard. But I remain one of those that hopes he does return with the last couple planned updates sometime. I respect his work a great deal and hope he can figure out what he needs to so that can happen.

As such, I really don't want this thread to get plagued with negative comments towards him, like the main thread has, if that is possible. I too am disappointed. But I just simply don't know the reasons behind the silence and I don't want to add stress to a probably already difficult situation.

RabidSloth

Dec 4, 2018
Saddog hasn't ever officially said he's abandoned the project, rather is was tagged Abandoned by the F95 because of the lack of any update releases and no communication from Saddog (which made sense given how long things had been silent). I don't think it would have been marked Abandoned if there was any communication being given on Patreon or anywhere else with Saddog.

There was going to be a release in June (0.9.5), that didn't happened. There was some issues with Patreon's T&S team cited, but there seemed to be some work being done to resolve the issue. That was the last we heard directly from him (again in June).

So while it is of course in the realm of possibility that Saddog may return one day, long periods of no communication have happened in the past, this is easily the longest dry spell in that regard. But I remain one of those that hopes he does return with the last couple planned updates sometime. I respect his work a great deal and hope he can figure out what he needs to so that can happen.

As such, I really don't want this thread to get plagued with negative comments towards him, like the main thread has, if that is possible. I too am disappointed. But I just simply don't know that reasons behind the silence and I don't want to add stress to a probably already difficult situation.
Oof. I sure hope he's okay! Has there been no communication just about the game, or did he disappear entirely?

gazlene

Dec 24, 2018
I just double checked the latest version of the mod, the Spy Camera is definitely still there. It's the last item in the shop.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I'm also including the instructions on how to use the Spy Camera in spoiler down below. I hope it helps. :)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I have the camera installed and waited a day, and many days, but whenever i go to the terminal and click "camera 01" it's just a black screen. Any idea what'd cause that?
lmao nevermind i'm a blind idiot

Last edited:

RabidSloth

Dec 4, 2018
I have the camera installed and waited a day, and many days, but whenever i go to the terminal and click "camera 01" it's just a black screen. Any idea what'd cause that?
lmao nevermind i'm a blind idiot
If you are then I am too lol. Took me a while before I glanced at the *in-game* keyboard XD

Reactions: gazlene

Tumai

Sep 1, 2019
It would be cool to have the option to see them with others (under varying circumstances) but still be able to have your fun with them as well.
I've actually tinkered at getting that to happen by manually switching the Hard NTR mode on and then off again (before values are recalculated overnight) in high relationship runs. It's a pain in the ass and may lead to errors in the long run.

I think of it as the "MC is in total control but doesn't mind sharing on occasion" path.

I have no idea how hard it will be to code, but perhaps S A Z could one day put in a start of game toggle "allow Dark Path option to always show" or something, whereby if enabled, you'd have an icon to pick Love or Corruption scene (depending on if you have enough points) alongside the four DarkPath icons (if available) when a scene is triggered.

RabidSloth

Dec 4, 2018
I've actually tinkered at getting that to happen by manually switching the Hard NTR mode on and then off again (before values are recalculated overnight) in high relationship runs. It's a pain in the ass and may lead to errors in the long run.

I think of it as the "MC is in total control but doesn't mind sharing on occasion" path.

I have no idea how hard it will be to code, but perhaps S A Z could one day put in a start of game toggle "allow Dark Path option to always show" or something, whereby if enabled, you'd have an icon to pick Love or Corruption scene (depending on if you have enough points) alongside the four DarkPath icons (if available) when a scene is triggered.
“I think of it as the "MC is in total control but doesn't mind sharing on occasion" path.

Yup! That’s exactly what I had in mind

RabidSloth

Dec 4, 2018
Can anyone tell me if the Relationship points are used for anything other than NTR as long as they’re above 5? Does it change anything whether it’s 6 points or 200?

Also, is this mod compatible with the JDMOD? I don’t have access to my PC right now to test it, and was just curious.

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
Can anyone tell me if the Relationship points are used for anything other than NTR as long as they’re above 5? Does it change anything whether it’s 6 points or 200?

Also, is this mod compatible with the JDMOD? I don’t have access to my PC right now to test it, and was just curious.
Relationship points are just used to trigger NTR scenes should they drop to 5 or below. They don't unlock anything at higher values.

The JDMOD and the SAZMOD don't interact, but they also don't exactly prevent each other from working. They are both non-intrusive installations mods that work on the a similar principle where they intercept the original RenPy files with their own.

So if you have them both installed, you'll see the Gallery button to start the JDMOD stuff and you'll see the Start (Modded) button to begin a modded gaming session. However, when you're viewing scenes with the JDMOD, they will be original game scenes and not the SAZMOD scenes. It doesn't pull anything from the SAZMOD when you're using the Gallery option to view scenes.

There might be some other incidental interaction with general definitions of characters and their names, in that it might not correctly display them in the JDMOD, or vice versa, if both mods are installed at the same time, but that might not always be the case. I just remember someone mentioned that happening to them in the past.

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
----- 0.9.1 Official SAZMod Hot Fix v05 -----
This Hot Fix covers all of the issues listed previously since the 0.9.1 Official mod release, including:
  • Added a difficulty option to choose between the Original Game settings or SAZMOD Game settings
  • The difficulty choices will make the following changes:
    • Relationship Point lost at the end of the day - Nicole
      • Original Game settings: 10 Points
      • SAZMOD settings: 5 Points
    • Relationship Points gained from gifting Chocolate
      • Original Game Settings: 5 Points
      • SAZMOD settings: 10 Points
    • Money gained from Tanning Salon job
      • Original Game settings: $20
      • SAZMOD settings: $50
  • This will not make changes to the amount of money earned from the Club job added with the SAZMOD. There are also a couple scenes with some modified Love/Corruption points gained and Money values, but that are not as consistent as these other optinos, so I haven't currently made changes to those values to account for the difficulty choice. That may change in the future, but for now I think this works for those wanting a closer experience to the Original Game, at least in Relationship Point gain and loss as well as money gain.
  • You can turn this setting OFF or ON in the phone's cheat menu here:
*Installation instructions in the zip file. OP updated as well.

I think for now I will continue to release Hot Fixes with new additions as I get them finished. I'm working on a couple more additions currently and then will pick another couple from the list. As you know progress is slow because of my available time, but I am enjoying the process of adding these things to the game as always, so I will keep on working at it. Thank you again for your patience and understanding. As always, let me know if you run into any issues. :D

I hope you all had/are having a good holiday season and that the new year brings something great for each of you!

Ginji

Lightning Emperor
Donor
May 14, 2017
S A Z my apologies for including you in my messaging to saddog i am trying to engage him/her in conversation with regard to completion of this game,i only added you in case saddog is in need of programming assistance,please let me know your thoughts

Reactions: S A Z

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
S A Z my apologies for including you in my messaging to saddog i am trying to engage him/her in conversation with regard to completion of this game,i only added you in case saddog is in need of programming assistance,please let me know your thoughts
That's no problem. I would be delighted if saddog decided to reach out for whatever reason. :D

bluerubber

Apr 29, 2019
so, looking in my download folder history and trying to follow where I should go next in updating this mod to be current, maybe someone can make sure I'm updating this correctly.

I have the 9.1 beta copy as the last version downloaded and I used the beta-to-official version patch to update it back in july. So in theory, I should only need to used the fix# 5 patch from the other day and my mod should be fully up-to-date right?

Thanks in advance to any useful help/answers

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
so, looking in my download folder history and trying to follow where I should go next in updating this mod to be current, maybe someone can make sure I'm updating this correctly.

I have the 9.1 beta copy as the last version downloaded and I used the beta-to-official version patch to update it back in july. So in theory, I should only need to used the fix# 5 patch from the other day and my mod should be fully up-to-date right?

Thanks in advance to any useful help/answers
Yes, that should be correct. After applying Hot Fix v05 you should be all up-to-date at that point based on what you have described. :)

• Red Heart
Reactions: bluerubber

bluerubber

Apr 29, 2019
You are a wizard of sorts for how active and fast you remain on this thread. Breaks my heart that the same cant be said about other game devs and modders

Reactions: S A Z
4.90 star(s) 50 Votes