Mod Ren'Py The Tyrant: S A Z Mod [Update 0.9.4b Official][Mod][S A Z]

4.90 star(s) 50 Votes

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
My game here is this error. does anyone of you get this error?

View attachment 1666749
So this is what it should be showing. As you can see it seems to be working just fine on my test machines.
1645478252246.png
I think you're running into the same issues as some of the others. Are you running the 0.9.4 version of the game and not the 0.9.4b version? There is a patch you can download on the OP for the main game. It has the images for this scene and others, such as the club scene at 7pm with Cassandra after her outing event.

If that is the case, I recommend you do a fresh install of the 0.9.4 version of the game and then install the 0.9.4b patch (or just use the compressed version as the 0.9.4b patch is already installed in that version). Then you can install the SAZMod 0.9.4b Beta Mod and install the HotFixv01. This seems to fix users issues with missing images like this. :) I hope that helps!

bigspy19

Jul 19, 2017
```
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'update94a/town/club/7pm 000d.jpg'>:
File "game/SAZMOD/scripts/social/interactions2.rpy", line 72, in script
call screen saz_clubicon
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 531, in execute_call_screen
store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
IOError: Couldn't find file 'update94a/town/club/7pm 000d.jpg'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
call screen saz_clubicon
File "E:\Other\Game\Hit\The Tyrant\TheTyrant saz mod\renpy\ast.py", line 1949, in execute
self.call("execute")
File "E:\Other\Game\Hit\The Tyrant\TheTyrant saz mod\renpy\ast.py", line 1937, in call
return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "E:\Other\Game\Hit\The Tyrant\TheTyrant saz mod\renpy\statements.py", line 277, in call
return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "E:\Other\Game\Hit\The Tyrant\TheTyrant saz mod\renpy\exports.py", line 2905, in call_screen
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
File "E:\Other\Game\Hit\The Tyrant\TheTyrant saz mod\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "E:\Other\Game\Hit\The Tyrant\TheTyrant saz mod\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "E:\Other\Game\Hit\The Tyrant\TheTyrant saz mod\renpy\display\core.py", line 3194, in interact_core
self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
File "E:\Other\Game\Hit\The Tyrant\TheTyrant saz mod\renpy\display\core.py", line 2094, in draw_screen
renpy.config.screen_height,
File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 490, in renpy.display.render.render_screen (gen\renpy.display.render.c:6805)
rv = render(root, width, height, st, st)
File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 259, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:3520)
rv = d.render(widtho, heighto, st, at)
File "E:\Other\Game\Hit\The Tyrant\TheTyrant saz mod\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 166, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:4075)
cpdef render(d, object widtho, object heighto, double st, double at):
File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 259, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:3520)
File "E:\Other\Game\Hit\The Tyrant\TheTyrant saz mod\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 166, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:4075)
File "accelerator.pyx", line 110, in renpy.display.accelerator.transform_render
File "E:\Other\Game\Hit\The Tyrant\TheTyrant saz mod\renpy\display\image.py", line 500, in render
return wrap_render(self.target, width, height, st, at)
File "E:\Other\Game\Hit\The Tyrant\TheTyrant saz mod\renpy\display\image.py", line 306, in wrap_render
rend = render(child, w, h, st, at)
File "E:\Other\Game\Hit\The Tyrant\TheTyrant saz mod\renpy\display\im.py", line 583, in render
return cache.get(self, render=True)
File "E:\Other\Game\Hit\The Tyrant\TheTyrant saz mod\renpy\display\im.py", line 266, in get
surf = image.load()
File "E:\Other\Game\Hit\The Tyrant\TheTyrant saz mod\renpy\display\im.py", line 628, in load
surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(renpy.loader.load(self.filename), self.filename)
File "E:\Other\Game\Hit\The Tyrant\TheTyrant saz mod\renpy\loader.py", line 576, in load
raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
The Tyrant 0.9.4b
Tue Feb 22 13:06:33 2022
```

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
```
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'update94a/town/club/7pm 000d.jpg'>:
call screen saz_clubicon

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
call screen saz_clubicon
File "E:\Other\Game\Hit\The Tyrant\TheTyrant saz mod\renpy\ast.py", line 1949, in execute
self.call("execute")
File "E:\Other\Game\Hit\The Tyrant\TheTyrant saz mod\renpy\ast.py", line 1937, in call
return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "E:\Other\Game\Hit\The Tyrant\TheTyrant saz mod\renpy\statements.py", line 277, in call
return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "E:\Other\Game\Hit\The Tyrant\TheTyrant saz mod\renpy\exports.py", line 2905, in call_screen
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
File "E:\Other\Game\Hit\The Tyrant\TheTyrant saz mod\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "E:\Other\Game\Hit\The Tyrant\TheTyrant saz mod\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "E:\Other\Game\Hit\The Tyrant\TheTyrant saz mod\renpy\display\core.py", line 3194, in interact_core
self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
File "E:\Other\Game\Hit\The Tyrant\TheTyrant saz mod\renpy\display\core.py", line 2094, in draw_screen
renpy.config.screen_height,
File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 490, in renpy.display.render.render_screen (gen\renpy.display.render.c:6805)
rv = render(root, width, height, st, st)
File "accelerator.pyx", line 110, in renpy.display.accelerator.transform_render
File "E:\Other\Game\Hit\The Tyrant\TheTyrant saz mod\renpy\display\image.py", line 500, in render
return wrap_render(self.target, width, height, st, at)
File "E:\Other\Game\Hit\The Tyrant\TheTyrant saz mod\renpy\display\image.py", line 306, in wrap_render
rend = render(child, w, h, st, at)
File "E:\Other\Game\Hit\The Tyrant\TheTyrant saz mod\renpy\display\im.py", line 583, in render
return cache.get(self, render=True)
File "E:\Other\Game\Hit\The Tyrant\TheTyrant saz mod\renpy\display\im.py", line 266, in get
surf = image.load()
File "E:\Other\Game\Hit\The Tyrant\TheTyrant saz mod\renpy\display\im.py", line 628, in load
surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(renpy.loader.load(self.filename), self.filename)
File "E:\Other\Game\Hit\The Tyrant\TheTyrant saz mod\renpy\loader.py", line 576, in load
raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
The Tyrant 0.9.4b
Tue Feb 22 13:06:33 2022
```
Are you playing on the 0.9.4 version of the game and not the 0.9.4b update version of the game from the main game's OP? That error most commonly occurs when someone is playing on the older 0.9.4 version without the 0.9.4b patch.

If that is the case, you need to download the patch from the main game's OP too. And I would recommend a fresh install of the game, then installing the 0.9.4b patch. Then go ahead install the SAZMod again (don't forget the HotFixv01). Because the error will often persistent otherwise. The main game had this issue when the 0.9.4b version first released. I hope this helps.

s_unclealbert

Aug 11, 2019
So this is what it should be showing. As you can see it seems to be working just fine on my test machines.
View attachment 1666888
I think you're running into the same issues as some of the others. Are you running the 0.9.4 version of the game and not the 0.9.4b version? There is a patch you can download on the OP for the main game. It has the images for this scene and others, such as the club scene at 7pm with Cassandra after her outing event.

If that is the case, I recommend you do a fresh install of the 0.9.4 version of the game and then install the 0.9.4b patch (or just use the compressed version as the 0.9.4b patch is already installed in that version). Then you can install the SAZMod 0.9.4b Beta Mod and install the HotFixv01. This seems to fix users issues with missing images like this. :) I hope that helps!
I will redownload the game and install your mod, start with a clean install. Thanks for the tip!

bigspy19

Jul 19, 2017
Are you playing on the 0.9.4 version of the game and not the 0.9.4b update version of the game from the main game's OP? That error most commonly occurs when someone is playing on the older 0.9.4 version without the 0.9.4b patch.

If that is the case, you need to download the patch from the main game's OP too. And I would recommend a fresh install of the game, then installing the 0.9.4b patch. Then go ahead install the SAZMod again (don't forget the HotFixv01). Because the error will often persistent otherwise. The main game had this issue when the 0.9.4b version first released. I hope this helps.

thank you.

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
hi i put it in the compress version and when it start error
I just downloaded a fresh copy of the the compressed version to test this, I put the SAZMOD folder in the "game" folder and it is working just fine for me. I was able to start a new game without issues. I played through the tutorial and and few scenes no problems encountered. Perhaps you could share a screenshot or copy of the traceback error you are getting?

Reactions: Ginji

kissloveD

Dec 19, 2021
you need to be clearer
-what path Love, Corruption, NTR aka one of 4 darker paths.
-any set point of game (bruce gone or dead, Davide dead)
would be nice if i could get all of them or
you need to be clearer
-what path Love, Corruption, NTR aka one of 4 darker paths.
-any set point of game (bruce gone or dead, Davide dead)
the darker ntr path in which mc joins the gang and help those bad guys till then end
and bruce should be gone or dead if it's necessary to keep davide alive.

rokit6/Naxoll

Mar 30, 2019
I cant trigger the scene of Irina and Alexis in the MC room...

I already have the lesbian points, and the corruption/love points, someone could help me?

satanete

Nov 24, 2017
Hi all,

I've been taking a look at the Fan Art thread and I just realised about two things, first I think I haven't seen any content about Kate in this mod, you know, the girl dancing alone; yes, I saw the scene where she's boxing, a little chat, then the dancing (which is the same as in vanilla if I'm not wrong) but I mean there's no sexual interaction with here, nor any advance in the pub if you grind/dance with her, am I wrong? I saw what I think it was fan art, where Kate was giving head to MC hidden by a column in the pub, but I'm afraid it was just fan art, wasn't it?

Second, I miss some more content with Alexis; on my last playthough, I left the NTR on (revenge) but I managed not to see any scene (all of the girls in good mod), so for non-NTR scenes, I saw:
  • Alexis hidding place (non-NTR), all three nipple/pussy/grind (really missing something more here)
  • Both corrupt/love dates
  • Both corrupt/love city strall
  • Date with Irina (they jerk off MC, missing A LOT MORE here, if you know what I mean hehehe)
  • Both corrupt/love basement date (Nicole arrives and masturbates, MC and Alexis kiss & touch pussy)
  • Both corrupt/love basement scens at 4am (all three BJ/Anal/pussy sex corrupt, finger+HJ love)
  • Both corrupt/love morning shower (HJ/BJ corrupt, ass grind/BJ love)
  • Both corrupt/love Alexis room with Nicole (love HJ/corrupt grind)
I think that's all, which may look a lot, but it doesn't fell like, specially since some events don't update at all... the hidding place for example; you can fuck Alexis in the love route's date, you can cum in her mouth/face/belly/cunt as much as you want, but if you touch her nipple in the hidding place she runs away crying, or if you aprox her while she's washing the dishes just a "dark" cuddle from behind... I think you know what I mean.

I'd love to see some updates on old scenes, or some new scenes with her in her room, like the new one with Cass when Alexis spy on MC and Cass while they fuck.

Just a coment, not complaining at all, for sure.

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
I cant trigger the scene of Irina and Alexis in the MC room...

I already have the lesbian points, and the corruption/love points, someone could help me?
So here are the exact requirements for the lesbian events with Alexis and Irina. I hope this helps. :) If not, you could share your save and I would be happy to take a look at it and see if I can figure out what is going on.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
For some reasons I can't receive the last 2 pics of Alexis on my phone. Love points are over 100. :(
So her messages should be like this:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
This mirrors how Nicole's messages behaved as I was just testing the waters with adding new people and their own messages like that. I had cleaned up the system a bit, but this was adding a whole new character to it. So I didn't go far off of script with it yet.

So are you not receiving those last to messages? If that is that case, it would be helpful if you could share your save file. I could take a look at it and try to find out what it happening.

I'm sorry it's giving you trouble though. :(

Reactions: Lady Aspen

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
Hi all,

I've been taking a look at the Fan Art thread and I just realised about two things, first I think I haven't seen any content about Kate in this mod, you know, the girl dancing alone; yes, I saw the scene where she's boxing, a little chat, then the dancing (which is the same as in vanilla if I'm not wrong) but I mean there's no sexual interaction with here, nor any advance in the pub if you grind/dance with her, am I wrong? I saw what I think it was fan art, where Kate was giving head to MC hidden by a column in the pub, but I'm afraid it was just fan art, wasn't it?

Second, I miss some more content with Alexis; on my last playthough, I left the NTR on (revenge) but I managed not to see any scene (all of the girls in good mod), so for non-NTR scenes, I saw:
  • Alexis hidding place (non-NTR), all three nipple/pussy/grind (really missing something more here)
  • Both corrupt/love dates
  • Both corrupt/love city strall
  • Date with Irina (they jerk off MC, missing A LOT MORE here, if you know what I mean hehehe)
  • Both corrupt/love basement date (Nicole arrives and masturbates, MC and Alexis kiss & touch pussy)
  • Both corrupt/love basement scens at 4am (all three BJ/Anal/pussy sex corrupt, finger+HJ love)
  • Both corrupt/love morning shower (HJ/BJ corrupt, ass grind/BJ love)
  • Both corrupt/love Alexis room with Nicole (love HJ/corrupt grind)
I think that's all, which may look a lot, but it doesn't fell like, specially since some events don't update at all... the hidding place for example; you can fuck Alexis in the love route's date, you can cum in her mouth/face/belly/cunt as much as you want, but if you touch her nipple in the hidding place she runs away crying, or if you aprox her while she's washing the dishes just a "dark" cuddle from behind... I think you know what I mean.

I'd love to see some updates on old scenes, or some new scenes with her in her room, like the new one with Cass when Alexis spy on MC and Cass while they fuck.

Just a coment, not complaining at all, for sure.
Hello! :) And no worries, comments, complaints, criticism, compliments, etc, it's all good here. It helps makes the mod better. So thank you for your post!

You are definitely right, we are lacking in Kate content, and Vivian, Ruby, Susan, Mia, and a few others. The boxing content was actually cut from the original game all together, but I found it in the images folder so I brought it back just for fun (I had to make up my own dialogue of course, that wasn't saved anywhere). :D

We've discussed this topic before in the thread, but that was many pages back so it's good to go over it again.

The primary content for the mod comes directly from the main game. I'm limited by what is available there. I can't really go back and edit old scenes. I could try to recreate those scenes as best I can, for those that I have the assets for, but since I don't know the lighting details/settings Saddog used, it's extremely difficult to match his renders for each scene. So creating even spliced update renders for those old scenes, that aren't jarring, is tough.

That leaves us with either cutting content to edit those older scenes or dialouge changes, which sometimes works and some have been made. But cutting content goes against what the point of the mod was, which is more access and not less. The point was to be able to repeat those scenes that were one time scenes and have a lot of choices, but it does come at a cost to story cohesion at times. I've tried to mitigate that in places where it's the worst, not just in the mod, but in the original game as well. As it happens there too. I've added warnings and skip options for many scenes, but not all of them. Some have been updated, but not in a fully satisfying way I'm afraid. Definitely a work in progress. But with my time being limited as it is, I pick my battles with that as I go.

In regards to more Alexis content, I'd defintely like to add some more in the future. I did add some more images to the hidden camera system this update and I added a couple things in the text messaging system too, but I do need to do a full scene(s) for her.

The image you saw of Kate and the MC, I believe, may have been a Patreon Reward image. Saddog did a number of those, which I would also like to include in an update at some point. There are however a number of things to consider for that. One is that there are over 300mbs of images for those renders, which is substantial compared to my mod's size, almost the same size, so I would probably make it an optional expansion pack, like the spot1000 animation pack. Second is that they are not full scenes. They are just single images or a series of one or two images in a set, so you don't get lot of story with that. I have a few ideas on how to deal with that, but it is something to consider.

That often goes for many of the great fan-arts in the fan-art thread. I often don't use them either for that reason, or they are not in the right resolution or aspect ratio to work. The other thing I consider is how much it's trying to look like the original game renders. I want the renders to fit into the world, as much as possible, so there are many great fan-arts that just don't fit because they are too realistic or have a really neat style, but don't fit The Tyrant world and would be too jarring. My own renders are honestly still a work in progress. I'm trying to find that sweet spot to better match Saddog's original renders.

But it does help when you're doing standalone scenes and they are not directly connected to original renders for comparison. So I think we'll be seeing some new scene's with Alexis, Kate, and maybe Vivian too in the future. They are all on my list of things I'd like to add. (y)

Anyway, that was long, I'm sorry for that, but I hope it gives you an idea of why the mod is where it's at right now. But I agree with you. The older scenes are definitely limited as to how much they will react to future events. I still haven't decided if I want to limit their access for story cohesion. Or just leave their access as I have, staying true to the mod's original goal. I suspect if Saddog does finally finish the game or officially declare the game abandoned, I would focus more of story cohesion and change things around more (I also wouldnt have to worry about matching up to the next official update then). But, I think for now, I'll focus on adding some more content and features.

Thank you again! Some great stuff to think about. :)

Last edited:
4.90 star(s) 50 Votes