Mod Ren'Py The Tyrant: S A Z Mod [Update 0.9.4b Official][Mod][S A Z]

4.90 star(s) 50 Votes

berndd21

Nov 19, 2020
Hello! :) And no worries, comments, complains, criticism, compliments, etc, it's all good here. It helps makes the mod better. So thank you for your post!

You are definitely right, we are lacking in Kate content, and Vivian, Ruby, Susan, Mia, and a few others. The boxing content was actually cut from the original game all together, but I found it in the images folder so I brought it back just for fun (I had to make up my own dialogue of course, that wasn't saved anywhere). :D

We've discussed this topic before in the thread, but that was many pages back so it's good to go over it again.

The primary content for the mod comes directly from the main game. I'm limited by what is available there. I can't really go back and edit old scenes. I could try to recreate those scenes as best I can, for those that I have the assets for, but since I don't know the lighting details/settings Saddog used, it's extremely difficult to match his renders for each scene. So creating even spliced update renders for those old scenes, that aren't jarring, is tough.

That leaves us with either cutting content to edit those older scenes or dialouge changes, which sometimes works and some have been made. But cutting content goes against what the point of the mod was, which is more access and not less. The point was to be able to repeat those scenes that were one time scenes and have a lot of choices, but it does come at a cost to story cohesion at times. I've tried to mitigate that in places where it's the worst, not just in the mod, but in the original game as well. As it happens there too. I've added warnings and skip options for many scenes, but not all of them. Some have been updated, but not in a fully satisfying way I'm afraid. Definitely a work in progress. But with my time being limited as it is, I pick my battles with that as I go.

In regards to more Alexis content, I'd defintely like to add some more in the future. I did add some more images to the hidden camera system this update and I added a couple things in the text messaging system too, but I do need to do a full scene(s) for her.

The image you saw of Kate and the MC, I believe, may have been a Patreon Reward image. Saddog did a number of those, which I would also like to include in an update at some point. There are however a number of things to consider for that. One is that there are over 300mbs of images for those renders, which is substantial compared to my mod's size, almost the same size, so I would probably make it an optional expansion pack, like the spot1000 animation pack. Second is that they are not full scenes. They are just single images or a series of one or two images in a set, so you don't get lot of story with that. I have a few ideas on how to deal with that, but it is something to consider.

That often goes for many of the great fan-arts in the fan-art thread. I often don't use them either for that reason, or they are not in the right resolution or aspect ratio to work. The other thing I consider is how much it's trying to look like the original game renders. I want the renders to fit into the world, as much as possible, so there are many great fan-arts that just don't fit because they are too realistic or have a really neat style, but don't fit The Tyrant world and would be too jarring. My one renders are honestly still a work in progress. I'm trying to find that sweet spot to better match Saddog's original renders.

But it does help when you're doing standalone scenes and they are not directly connected to original renders for comparison. So I think we'll be seeing some new scene's with Alexis, Kate, and maybe Vivian too in the future. They are all on my list of things I'd like to add. (y)

Anyway, that was long, I'm sorry for that, but I hope it gives you an idea of why the mod is where it's at right now. But I agree with you. The older scenes are definitely limited as to how much they will react to future events. I still haven't decided if I want to limit their access for story cohesion. Or just leave their access as I have, staying true to the mod's original goal. I suspect if Saddog does finally finish the game or officially declare the game abandoned, I would focus more of story cohesion and change things around more (I also wouldnt have to worry about matching up to the next official update then). But, I think for now, I'll focus on adding some more content and features.

Thank you again! Some great stuff to think about. :)

Hello ZAD,
I would like to say something about this. I am glad that you are doing the MOD. You can tell it's your baby and you put a lot of thought and effort into it. Can only say no matter how long you need for the expansion or no matter how big it is, I will download it and play!
Top work.
:)

Reactions: S A Z

Knight2416

Jul 16, 2017
would be nice if i could get all of them or

the darker ntr path in which mc joins the gang and help those bad guys till then end
and bruce should be gone or dead if it's necessary to keep davide alive.
any one got complete ntr saves ?
attached are files to load with non NTR and NTR settings, sorry both have Bruce and Davide dead. I forgot to keep old ones as I test NTR first (most of changes then normal ), however you can replay screens even if dead.
I may create a proper NTR savw again this weekend.

kissloveD

Dec 19, 2021
attached are files to load with non NTR and NTR settings, sorry both have Bruce and Davide dead. I forgot to keep old ones as I test NTR first (most of changes then normal ), however you can replay screens even if dead.
I may create a proper NTR savw again this weekend.
That would be Great for now :)

ThaRealThiccShady

Mar 16, 2020
Thank you again! Some great stuff to think about. :)
My man SAZ is there a list somewhere of all the animations and which paths they’re on? Replaying it finally and want to make sure I’m catching everything through the end of 9.4.
Also not sure if it’s something you can fix but for Alexis’ love event in the city the animation in the hotel just does 1 loop and stops-never seen that issue with the other animations so thought I’d check with you.
Random but I grabbed your most recent comment to ask haha thanks again for all your glorious work my dude
74A6F876-FF30-430B-BAAE-1153D8A96183.gif

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
My man SAZ is there a list somewhere of all the animations and which paths they’re on? Replaying it finally and want to make sure I’m catching everything through the end of 9.4.
Also not sure if it’s something you can fix but for Alexis’ love event in the city the animation in the hotel just does 1 loop and stops-never seen that issue with the other animations so thought I’d check with you.
Random but I grabbed your most recent comment to ask haha thanks again for all your glorious work my dude
View attachment 1671721
Thanks! :) And I have a general list of the animations. I'll put it down below. As for that error, I couldn't get it to repeat on my end I'm afraid. It loops when I try it. And it's coded the same as the others. So definitely weird. I'll keep looking into it though. Thank you for sharing the issue!
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

ThaRealThiccShady

Mar 16, 2020
Thanks! :) And I have a general list of the animations. I'll put it down below. As for that error, I couldn't get it to repeat on my end I'm afraid. It loops when I try it. And it's coded the same as the others. So definitely weird. I'll keep looking into it though. Thank you for sharing the issue!
Much appreciated, my dude. Glad to have it confirmed but sad there’s still so few-shame Saddog likely closed-up shop
Yeah I restarted the computer and realized it’s a weird technical thing where if I resume a game before or after an animation I’ve already seen and roll back to it or go forward it does 1 loop and stops *but* if I just have a save on said animation it works fine 99% of the time. Weird, lil inconvenient but nbd ultimately

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
Much appreciated, my dude. Glad to have it confirmed but sad there’s still so few-shame Saddog likely closed-up shop
Yeah I restarted the computer and realized it’s a weird technical thing where if I resume a game before or after an animation I’ve already seen and roll back to it or go forward it does 1 loop and stops *but* if I just have a save on said animation it works fine 99% of the time. Weird, lil inconvenient but nbd ultimately
That is good to know. I've been calling the animation files (webm) the same way as Saddog has in the main game for consistency reasons. But now I understand a bit more about how the error occurs, I'll try to get it to happen on my side as well and see if calling the animations in different way or method helps. Thanks again for the clarification! :)

And there might still be hope on the Saddog front. I recently had some communication with him and he mentioned being busy working on the last 2 updates for the game. So there is still a chance we'll see those in the future.

Last edited:

ThaRealThiccShady

Mar 16, 2020
That is good to know. I've been calling the animation files (webm) the same way as Saddog has in the main game for consistency reasons. But now I understand a bit more about how the error occurs, I'll try to get it to happen on my side as well and see if calling the animations in different way or method helps. Thanks again for the clarification! :)

And there might still be hope on the Saddog front. I recently had some communication with him and he mention being busy working on the last 2 updates for the game. So their is still a chance we'll see those in the future.
Happy to help! Had a similar issue with a very different game and Dev said they recreated it and fixed it eventually so it’s not impossible-but no clue how they did it. Could ask them if you want-but again it’s nbd on my side as my 9.4 play-through is mostly over
Good to know-thought that may be the case since 9.4 came out of absolutely nowhere but didn’t want the hope if it was false
Well it’ll probably be awhile either way, plus I always wait for your mod and never want to rush you. Time for the old waiting game.
24769922-54AE-451D-BAF7-3CE6EA75580D.gif

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
Happy to help! Had a similar issue with a very different game and Dev said they recreated it and fixed it eventually so it’s not impossible-but no clue how they did it. Could ask them if you want-but again it’s nbd on my side as my 9.4 play-through is mostly over
Good to know-thought that may be the case since 9.4 came out of absolutely nowhere but didn’t want the hope if it was false
Well it’ll probably be awhile either way, plus I always wait for your mod and never want to rush you. Time for the old waiting game.
View attachment 1672552
I'll toy around with it first before we bother another dev with it, but if I get stuck I might ask you what the name of the game is or trouble you to reach out perhaps. Thanks once again! :D

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
S A Z just a great BIG THANK YOU,not only do you make a mod (no 1 in ratings by the way) but your devotion in helping out is what makes you special,so THANK YOU AGAIN :love: :love: :love: :love: (y)
Thank you! You've been very kind to me and supportive in my efforts. It always means a lot! :D

And that goes for everyone. Your support has been overwhelmingly positive, I really have been very lucky in that regard. But I want to thank anyone that has taken the time to comment or send me a message, good or bad or anything inbetween. It's all useful for improving the mod and I appreciate all of you. (y)

Last edited:

Dgunslinger

Feb 4, 2021
Thank you! You've been very kind to me and supportive in my efforts. It always means a lot! :D

And that goes for everyone. Your support has been overwhelmingly positive, I really have been very lucky in that regard. But I want to thank anyone that has taken the time to comment or send me a message, good or bad or anything inbetween. It's all useful for improving the mod and I appreciate all of you. (y)
You, my good sir, are an awesome human being. Talented, humble and dedicated. I wish nothing but success and happiness for you!

Retro Wave

Oct 24, 2021
Maybe a dumb question, but where are the safe files located in Mac? Want to use my old saves with the new update

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
Maybe a dumb question, but where are the safe files located in Mac? Want to use my old saves with the new update
In regard to your saves, if you need help finding the save game locations for your OS, you can use this . The folder your are looking for is "TheTyrant-SAZMOD" for the mod saves. Hope this helps. :)

Reactions: Lady Aspen

rokit6/Naxoll

Mar 30, 2019
So here are the exact requirements for the lesbian events with Alexis and Irina. I hope this helps. :) If not, you could share your save and I would be happy to take a look at it and see if I can figure out what is going on.
It worked, thanks you so much SAZ!

I've another question, i saw in the game files some scenes in the city (Corruption, Love and NTR) how can i unlock that scenes?

Thanks <3

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
It worked, thanks you so much SAZ!

I've another question, i saw in the game files some scenes in the city (Corruption, Love and NTR) how can i unlock that scenes?

Thanks <3
I'm glad! :) I have these requirements listed in the in-game walkthrough as well (the "What's in the Box?!" button found in the help menu on the phone).

rokit6/Naxoll

Mar 30, 2019
I'm glad! :) I have these requirements listed in the in-game walkthrough as well (the "What's in the Box?!" button found in the help menu on the phone).
I can't trigger the nicole trips. I only unlocked teh bonus event in the living room and the bedroom.

I would post the save game but idk why my save folder is empty but when i run the saves ingame, the saves are available but in the folder there is nothing ^^'

• Thinking Face

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
I can't trigger the nicole trips. I only unlocked teh bonus event in the living room and the bedroom.

I would post the save game but idk why my save folder is empty but when i run the saves ingame, the saves are available but in the folder there is nothing ^^'
What OS are you playing on? And what folder are you looking in?

Doberk

Jul 19, 2017
Hey SAZ I have possibly found a bug. After you proceed to this scene with Cassandra, the pictures won't load with her in the basement. (Also the dialogue in the second picture is a coincidence :D)
1645917273163.png

1645917466975.png

4.90 star(s) 50 Votes