Mod Ren'Py The Tyrant: S A Z Mod [Update 0.9.4b Official][Mod][S A Z]

4.90 star(s) 50 Votes

RabidSloth

Dec 4, 2018
I agree with you. There really isn't a reason to not become a gang member, or even really to delay becoming a gang member. I think that was something that Saddog might have been exploring a bit earlier on in his thought process when creating the game, but abandoned it later as it's required in most paths as you play.

I had left the requirements for those scenes the mostly the same to keep the parity between the main game and the mod closer together as it helps when updates are released. But you're right, it makes things a bit confusing when playing the game as there isn't actually a choice. I think I could fix that in the scene with Bruce and Davide at 8pm at the Front Door. If there is a little inner monologue with the MC should you choose the "Actual Job" option before hand where he justifies needing to join the game, and maybe I can add a scene where he talks about it to Nicole later, possibly a reaction scene in the morning, 7am Dining Room? I'll look into this.

I had originally created the second job option at the Club with Vivian as part of that option of not joining the Gang, but with many of the scenes requiring you joining the gang later by the main game, I didn't want to diverge so much before the main game was finished.

Thanks for the input! :)

And no, there is no reason in delaying it. It's just like you said, it starts off her arc, or training in the new update (as I included both options in the mod). Your points values are not important beyond which is higher, Love or Corruption to help determine which variation will present itself.
Yeah it was mostly these scenes that threw me off a bit:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

It gave me an impression that there was an alternate path to take besides joining the gang. Especially the 4th one. It suggests that there could be another way into the basement, when there really isn't. I think it could possibly confuse a new player who may be strictly trying for a Love/"Good guy" route.

And thanks for verifying about Cassandra =)

Reactions: S A Z

WuzzyFuzzy

Jan 23, 2020
Speaking of assets (and I know you've seen this, SAZ), recruiting this person to do some work would take the game way up the ladder.

Artwork!

RabidSloth

Dec 4, 2018
During that communication he mentioned that he was busy getting the last 2 updates done. So I do believe we have those to look forward to in the future. :D
Here's hoping!

When I add a scene to the game, be it fan-art or my own renders, I'm looking for scenes that look as close to the main game assets as possible, my own renders are still a work in progress on that front as well. I just want to try to keep the immersion in that world as much as possible.
Oh 100%! As much as I'd love to see certain scenarios, it wouldn't be worth the trade-off imo if it was too immersion-breaking.

But yes, we need more group scenes with the main cast. Right now in the story, Cassandra and Nicole know they are in things together because of the outing events. However, Alexis is still sort of on the outskirts of things as far as Nicole and Cassandra are concerned, at least in the main game. So I'm hesitant to add a big orgy with all three of them before she is introduced in the main game as part of the naughty MC's club, as it would break the storyline in a big way. But I have some ideas in mind for working around this for now. So it's definitely still on the list!
I'm excited and hopeful then! Depending on what happens with the last two updates, and what becomes feasible as far as situations that would make any sense, I've got my fingers crossed for some delicious incestuous lesbo fun! Especially of the Kitten & Cougar variety between Nicole and her daughters lol. And hopefully in more than just a single scene, and in different pair offs. As I said, maybe some with the MC, whether at home or on a weekend date, or some on their own and we can see it later through the hidden camera. Maybe the shower could possibly be another hidden camera location for some steamy scenes (pun intended, sorry lol).

And thank you. :)
Just giving credit where it's due!

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
Speaking of assets (and I know you've seen this, SAZ), recruiting this person to do some work would take the game way up the ladder.

Artwork!
I'm a huge fan of uncleomf's work! It's fantastic! However, his hyper-realism style of renders are not the style of renders I'm incorporating into the mod sadly. As I mentioned earlier, the style I prefer to use are ones that match the original game as much as possible. But I agree, uncleomf's work is amazing and I look forward to anything he produces in the future.

RabidSloth

Dec 4, 2018
I'm a huge fan of uncleomf's work! It's fantastic! However, his hyper-realism style of renders are not the style of renders I'm incorporating into the mod sadly. As I mentioned earlier, the style I prefer to use are ones that match the original game as much as possible. But I agree, uncleomf's work is amazing and I look forward to anything he produces in the future.
I wonder if he'd still be interested in helping and would be willing to tweak his style just enough to match the game more closely. You never know. I haven't even seen his stuff, but am just thinking out loud about possible future collaborations with other people.

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
I wonder if he'd still be interested in helping and would be willing to tweak his style just enough to match the game more closely. You never know. I haven't even seen his stuff, but am just thinking out loud about possible future collaborations with other people.
I've actually already been messaged by a number of people about different projects, some concerning The Tyrant and some not. But I'm actually not looking to build or join a team or anything like that right now (beyond the wonderful testers I work with for the mod :)). While there are definitely benefits to having a team, there is a lot of extra effort and time needed in coordinating and communicating with that team. And as I mentioned, it's the whole process I enjoy doing. If I cut parts of that process out, it's just not enjoyable to me anymore. I have gone into more detail about this in the past on this thread. But it just goes down to personal preference on my work style and time management and that it's mostly a hobby for me and wanting to keep it that way. I know that may not be that answer people want to hear, but I hope it at least helps them understand a little better on where I approach it from. Because as long as it's still fun to do, I'm going to keep doing it. And that's what's important to me.

Reactions: RabidSloth

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
cubero is a different user and another great fan-artist. Sadly cubero hasn't been on in a while. But I've had interactions with both users, most recently with uncleomf. uncleomf was very nice and supportive.

RabidSloth

Dec 4, 2018
Don't know if this is already a known bug/exploit (or if it even matters) but when replying to a text from Nicole I noticed that I could just spam both Love and Corruption replies as much as I wanted for infinite points.

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
Don't know if this is already a known bug/exploit (or if it even matters) but when replying to a text from Nicole I noticed that I could just spam both Love and Corruption replies as much as I wanted for infinite points.
Thanks for sharing! :D It is a known issue, but in a game where you have built-in cheats in the phone to raise or lower those same points, it was on the low priority list of things to fix.

Although, I have created a whole revamp of the phone system already... I've just been hesitant to apply it as I don't want to go to far away from Saddog's code before the last few updates are completed. It makes it easier to update my mod if I keep things relatively close to his code for now.

But I do have one fix in mind that I could apply if it's bothering people. I could tie those buttons to the flag I added so that multiple messages don't spam from the same person each day, that should make those buttons disappear after you answer them. I would have to test that, to be sure though.

RabidSloth

Dec 4, 2018
It is a known issue, but in a game where you have built-in cheats in the phone to raise or lower those same points, it was on the low priority list of things to fix.
Yeah I thought the same :LOL:. It's not really an issue or anything from a player perspective. Just something I noticed and mentioned. :alien:

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
Yeah I thought the same :LOL:. It's not really an issue or anything from a player perspective. Just something I noticed and mentioned. :alien:
I was just testing and do actually have a pretty easy fix for this. So if people chime in and decide they want it fixed, or I forget to take it out... It will probably be in the next hotfix or update. Haha!

Reactions: Knight2416

RabidSloth

Dec 4, 2018
I was just testing and do actually have a pretty easy fix for this. So if people chime in and decide they want it fixed, or I forget to take it out... It will probably be in the next hotfix or update. Haha!
Either way lol.

Also, I just saw your post over on the fan art thread. If we get an option to cuck Bruce then I'll definitely be keeping him around! :ROFLMAO:

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
Either way lol.

Also, I just saw your post over on the fan art thread. If we get an option to cuck Bruce then I'll definitely be keeping him around! :ROFLMAO:
Yeah, that one is in the current update, so if he's alive then consider him cucked. If he's dead, then that scene is still available, just without Bruce. I'm trying to make scenes more reactive to your choices in the game. (y)

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
----- 0.9.4b Beta SAZMod HotFix v02 -----

This Hot Fix covers all of the issues listed previously since the 0.9.4b Beta mod release, including:
  • Updated Message System so you can't spam the reply button to gain Love or Corruption Points
  • Added a button to the Message System for Nicole and Alexis where you can reset their messages
    • Upper right hand of their text messages screen - Click on their small picture
  • Updated the story so it's more clear that you eventually need to become a gang member to continue progressing
  • Fixed an error in new 7am Parent's Room Scene with Nicole, MC, Bruce (Missing Images)
    • They are technically there, just named incorrectly, so I am including both images named correctly this time
  • There was one error I was not able to replicate, even with really good instructions, that was the non-repeating animations if you save on, right before, or right after the animation and then roll-back to or load the save that is on the animation and it would only play once and not repeat as it should. I couldn't get that to repeat on my end, so I haven't done anything to address that issue as of yet, but I am still looking into that one.
*Installation instructions in the zip file. OP updated as well.

For this HotFix, you need to delete the 'scripts' folder in your active 'SAZMOD' folder and copy the new 'scripts' folder from the HotFixv02.zip file into your active 'SAZMOD' folder. But you need to merge the new 'edited' folder from the HotFixv02.zip file with your 'edited' folder in your your active 'SAZMOD' folder. Don't delete the old 'edited' folder.

RabidSloth

Dec 4, 2018
----- 0.9.4b Beta SAZMod HotFix v02 -----

This Hot Fix covers all of the issues listed previously since the 0.9.4b Beta mod release, including:
  • Updated Message System so you can't spam the reply button to gain Love or Corruption Points
  • Added a button to the Message System for Nicole and Alexis where you can reset their messages
    • Upper right hand of their text messages screen - Click on their small picture
  • Updated the story so it's more clear that you eventually need to become a gang member to continue progressing
  • Fixed an error in new 7am Parent's Room Scene with Nicole, MC, Bruce (Missing Images)
    • They are technically there, just named incorrectly, so I am including both images named correctly this time
  • There was one error I was not able to replicate, even with really good instructions, that was the non-repeating animations if you save on, right before, or right after the animation and then roll-back to or load the save that is on the animation and it would only play once and not repeat as it should. I couldn't get that to repeat on my end, so I haven't done anything to address that issue as of yet, but I am still looking into that one.
*Installation instructions in the zip file. OP updated as well.

For this HotFix, you need to delete the 'scripts' folder in your active 'SAZMOD' folder and copy the new 'scripts' folder from the HotFixv02.zip file into your active 'SAZMOD' folder. But you need to merge the new 'edited' folder from the HotFixv02.zip file with your 'edited' folder in your your active 'SAZMOD' folder. Don't delete the old 'edited' folder.
I hit an bug with Cassandra in the kitchen where if I choose to train her the screen just becomes grayed out. The dialogue plays but there are no images. I thought I saw someone else say they encountered the same issue. Is that being looked at too?

Edit: Specifically at the "Look what I found. Isn't it beautiful?" line. It says "basement 9am 0701" at the top of the screen.

Last edited:
Reactions: tom882

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
I hit an bug with Cassandra in the kitchen where if I choose to train her the screen just becomes grayed out. The dialogue plays but there are no images. I thought I saw someone else say they encountered the same issue. Is that being looked at too?

Edit: Specifically at the "Look what I found. Isn't it beautiful?" line. It says "basement 9am 0701" at the top of the screen.
What we have found is, generally if someone has that issue it's because they are playing with the 0.9.4 version of the main game and not the 0.9.4b updated patch of the main game. You can find that patch on the OP for the main game.

If you find that you are playing on the 0.9.4 version of the game, I recommend reinstalling the game, possibly in a fresh location, then installing the 0.9.4b patch, then installing the mod again. That stops this issue from happening. The problem is that the *.rypc files store the old information and conflict with the patch install so the issue can remain even after patching. So a fresh install usually fixes the issue.

I hope that helps! (y)

RabidSloth

Dec 4, 2018
What we have found is, generally if someone has that issue it's because they are playing with the 0.9.4 version of the main game and not the 0.9.4b updated patch of the main game. You can find that patch on the OP for the main game.

If you find that you are playing on the 0.9.4 version of the game, I recommend reinstalling the game, possibly in a fresh location, then installing the 0.9.4b patch, then installing the mod again. That stops this issue from happening. The problem is that the *.rypc files store the old information and conflict with the patch install so the issue can remain even after patching. So a fresh install usually fixes the issue.

I hope that helps! (y)
Thanks, I'll give it a try! I'm going to just do a fresh install. After I install the 0.9.4b SAZMod Beta can I just put the hotfix2 on top of it, or do I need to do hotfix1 and then the hotfix2 process again?

Edit: I just did it the SAZMod Beta > hotfix2 way, loaded up my save and it worked for Cassandra, thanks again! But just to make sure for future reference, if I ever do a fresh install again, am I supposed to do it like Beta > hotfix1 > hotfix2 etc., or can I just put whatever the latest hotfix is directly on top of the Beta?

Last edited:

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
Thanks, I'll give it a try! I'm going to just do a fresh install. After I install the 0.9.4b SAZMod Beta can I just put the hotfix2 on top of it, or do I need to do hotfix1 and then the hotfix2 process again?
You just need the HotFixv02. (y) It includes all previous fixes as well.

4.90 star(s) 50 Votes