Mod Ren'Py The Tyrant: S A Z Mod [Update 0.9.4b Official][Mod][S A Z]

4.90 star(s) 50 Votes

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
Hey SAZ I have possibly found a bug. After you proceed to this scene with Cassandra, the pictures won't load with her in the basement. (Also the dialogue in the second picture is a coincidence :D)
View attachment 1676087

View attachment 1676095
Hello!

(Just a note, you tagged the wrong S A Z in your comment. There is another SAZ that joined after me without spaces in their name like mine, not an issue, but just thought I would mention it, so people don't end up sending the wrong user notifications. :))

And thank you so much for trying out the mod! And letting me know about this potential error. I appreciate that so much.

I just played through this same scene on my installation and it appears to be working. It should look like this:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
What I believe is happening is that you are possibly playing on the 0.9.4 version of the game and not the 0.9.4b version of the game. There is a patch available on the OP for the main game that has this scene and others in it. The mod pulls the images from the 0.9.4b version of the main game, so you get this error if you are not playing with that version.

If that is the case, I would suggest a clean install, maybe even in a fresh location. First of the base 0.9.4 main game, then the 0.9.4b patch. Then install the SAZMOD again. That should fix any issues you have with this scene. Otherwise you can still have this error event after updating to the 0.9.4b version because the .rpyc files in the base game usually remains and conflicts with the update files.

Anyway, I hope that helps. :D And thank you again for letting me know about this.

Doberk

Jul 19, 2017
Hello!

(Just a note, you tagged the wrong S A Z in your comment. There is another SAZ that joined after me without spaces in their name like mine, not an issue, but just thought I would mention it, so people don't end up sending the wrong user notifications. :))

And thank you so much for trying out the mod! And letting me know about this potential error. I appreciate that so much.

I just played through this same scene on my installation and it appears to be working. It should look like this:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
What I believe is happening is that you are possibly playing on the 0.9.4 version of the game and not the 0.9.4b version of the game. There is a patch available on the OP for the main game that has this scene and others in it. The mod pulls the images from the 0.9.4b version of the main game, so you get this error if you are not playing with that version.

If that is the case, I would suggest a clean install, maybe even in a fresh location. First of the base 0.9.4 main game, then the 0.9.4b patch. Then install the SAZMOD again. That should fix any issues you have with this scene. Otherwise you can still have this error event after updating to the 0.9.4b version because the .rpyc files in the base game usually remains and conflicts with the update files.

Anyway, I hope that helps. :D And thank you again for letting me know about this.
I didn't know there's 2 of you :D. Thanks fot a quick reply, I will try to fix it using your instructions and keep you posted if it works.

Doberk

Jul 19, 2017
I didn't know there's 2 of you :D. Thanks fot a quick reply, I will try to fix it using your instructions and keep you posted if it works.
Alright so I really didn't have the "b" version of the main game. After updating and installing the hotfix everything works great (for now ;) ) Now I just need to figure out how to watch the spy cams but I can do that myself :D .

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
Alright so I really didn't have the "b" version of the main game. After updating and installing the hotfix everything works great (for now ;) ) Now I just need to figure out how to watch the spy cams but I can do that myself :D .
I'm glad that worked! If you get stuck, there is an in-game guide with hints on how to use the spy cams in the phone's help menu. The "What's in the box?!" button in the lower right hand side.

Reactions: Knight2416

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
Im playing on Windows10 and im looking the saves folder (TheTyrant-0.9.4-pc\game\saves) the only file inside that folder is a .json file (navigation.json)
I use this to find the non-local saves for Ren'py games the different Operating Systems.

In this case, for Windows 10 - %APPDATA%/Roaming/RenPy/

The folder your are looking for is "TheTyrant-SAZMOD" for the mod saves. You should be able to find for your saves there. If so, please go ahead and share it and I'll try to figure out what is preventing the City Trips. :)

rokit6/Naxoll

Mar 30, 2019
I use this to find the non-local saves for Ren'py games the different Operating Systems.

In this case, for Windows 10 - %APPDATA%/Roaming/RenPy/

The folder your are looking for is "TheTyrant-SAZMOD" for the mod saves. You should be able to find for your saves there. If so, please go ahead and share it and I'll try to figure out what is preventing the City Trips. :)
Just when i posted my last message I found out that route for the saves hahahahahaha

Here you go, my most recent save is attached <3

Reactions: S A Z

Soccergod2666

Sep 21, 2017
someone have a save file right before city trip for nicole (saz mod save file ) my game will not reach that point i've been stuck for 3 hours lmao

RabidSloth

Dec 4, 2018
I'm going to ask here, since as far as I'm concerned this is the real "main" game thread now lol. But there really is no point in not becoming a gang member, is there?

Because even some of their Love routes seem to still require it, according to the help/walkthrough. The dialogue in the game always gave me the impression that there would be an alternative path to get into the basement via going the "I want a real job", "Don't become a criminal" kind of dialogue choices. But instead it just seems like it puts a hard stop on advancing their routes any further until you finally decided to just become a gang member. If that's the case, then maybe the dialogue should be tweaked into something more like "Not yet". Maybe it's just me (and it probably is lol), but in its current state it just feels a little misleading or confusing. The whole early conversation with Nicole and Bruce at the dinner table about whether or not MC wants to get involved and help kind of feels like a non-choice. Since apparently you'll have to "change your mind" and join up anyway if you want to even finish their Love routes. It's hardly game-breaking by any means. It just threw me off and confused me a bit, and made me wonder if it could or should be tweaked to just be a bit more clear (via the actual in-game dialogue, and not just through reading the walkthrough).

I don't even have a problem with becoming (or "infiltrating", depending on how you're RPing it) a gang member. I was just doing a separate "Love" playthrough and was trying to do all of the more "good guy" responses and actions.

RabidSloth

Dec 4, 2018
Sorry, one more question I forgot: Is there any reason to delay allowing Cassandra to join the gang when she starts asking every day? Does anything change there depending on how high or low her Love/Corruption points are? Or is it simply deciding when you want to kick off her arc or something?

Reactions: S A Z

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
Hi S A Z . I just want to know what is your plan going forward...
Will you (still) update this Mod, or are you going to wait until the base game got some update?
Well, I'm already working on some more scenes for the mod. So the answer is yes, I'm still planning on updating this mod. (y) I'm just glad it's finally up to date! I do plan on waiting for Saddog's last two updates that he mentioned earlier when giving me those assets, before I make any major changes to the storyline or anything like that.

As for long term plans, we'll need to see how things go with Saddog and what I'm able to explore on my own. I do this for fun and as a way to unwind after real life obligations, which leaves me with very little time right now. I've made other mods for other games for the same reason, it was fun and I wanted to explore new ideas. But I still love doing it and I enjoy this world and these characters just like I did when I started. I would still be making this mod for myself, if I was sharing it with you all or not. It's that kind of project for me. I've just added a lot of fan requests along the way, as everyone's taste are different, which makes the world more fun in my opinion. :)

I've also been doing all of this work on my own as part of a goal in mind, I would eventually like to make a full game of my own. That's why I wanted to do nearly every aspect of this mod on my own, from writing my own scenes, coding, and learning to render. I've been making progress towards that goal, but that is it's own thing and not the topic of this thread or your question, sorry about that.

RabidSloth

Dec 4, 2018
Well, I'm already working on some more scenes for the mod. So the answer is yes, I'm still planning on updating this mod. (y) I'm just glad it's finally up to date! I do plan on waiting for Saddog's last two updates that he mentioned earlier when giving me those assets, before I make any major changes to the storyline or anything like that.

As for long term plans, we'll need to see how things go with Saddog and what I'm able to explore on my own. I do this for fun and as a way to unwind after real life obligations, which leaves me with very little time right now. I've made other mods for other games for the same reason, it was fun and I wanted to explore new ideas. But I still love doing it and I enjoy this world and these characters just like I did when I started. I would still be making this mod for myself, if I was sharing it with you all or not. It's that kind of project for me. I've just added a lot of fan requests along the way, as everyone's taste are different, which makes the world more fun in my opinion. :)

I've also been doing all of this work on my own as part of a goal in mind, I would eventually like to make a full game of my own. That's why I wanted to do nearly every aspect of this mod on my own, from writing my own scenes, coding, and learning to render. I've been making progress towards that goal, but that is it's own thing and not the topic of this thread or your question, sorry about that.
How do I Heart a comment more than once?! :D

So does that mean that Saddog is still around? And actually does have plans to eventually finish the game??

Speaking of fan requests, I don't know how it works with either incorporating fan art into your mod, or making new art for it. And I also haven't seen probably more than half of the available content. But if there isn't already some in the game, I'd personally really like to see some sexual (lesbian) interaction/family-fun between Nicole, Alexis, and Cassandra. Whether that means watching them live, through the hidden camera, or just during group sex. Not only for the art but also the steamy dialogue that could accompany it ("Mommy's little girl" and all that :devilish:).

Anyway though, I'd like to add the 10,879th voice of praise and appreciation for what you've done with this mod. As well as how consistently helpful and friendly I've personally seen you be many times on this thread. You are a shining example of awesomeness, good sir! (y)

Reactions: Ginji and S A Z

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
I'm going to ask here, since as far as I'm concerned this is the real "main" game thread now lol. But there really is no point in not becoming a gang member, is there?

Because even some of their Love routes seem to still require it, according to the help/walkthrough. The dialogue in the game always gave me the impression that there would be an alternative path to get into the basement via going the "I want a real job", "Don't become a criminal" kind of dialogue choices. But instead it just seems like it puts a hard stop on advancing their routes any further until you finally decided to just become a gang member. If that's the case, then maybe the dialogue should be tweaked into something more like "Not yet". Maybe it's just me (and it probably is lol), but in its current state it just feels a little misleading or confusing. The whole early conversation with Nicole and Bruce at the dinner table about whether or not MC wants to get involved and help kind of feels like a non-choice. Since apparently you'll have to "change your mind" and join up anyway if you want to even finish their Love routes. It's hardly game-breaking by any means. It just threw me off and confused me a bit, and made me wonder if it could or should be tweaked to just be a bit more clear (via the actual in-game dialogue, and not just through reading the walkthrough).

I don't even have a problem with becoming (or "infiltrating", depending on how you're RPing it) a gang member. I was just doing a separate "Love" playthrough and was trying to do all of the more "good guy" responses and actions.
I agree with you. There really isn't a reason to not become a gang member, or even really to delay becoming a gang member. I think that was something that Saddog might have been exploring a bit earlier on in his thought process when creating the game, but abandoned it later as it's required in most paths as you play.

I had left the requirements for those scenes the mostly the same to keep the parity between the main game and the mod closer together as it helps when updates are released. But you're right, it makes things a bit confusing when playing the game as there isn't actually a choice. I think I could fix that in the scene with Bruce and Davide at 8pm at the Front Door. If there is a little inner monologue with the MC should you choose the "Actual Job" option before hand where he justifies needing to join the game, and maybe I can add a scene where he talks about it to Nicole later, possibly a reaction scene in the morning, 7am Dining Room? I'll look into this.

I had originally created the second job option at the Club with Vivian as part of that option of not joining the Gang, but with many of the scenes requiring you joining the gang later by the main game, I didn't want to diverge so much before the main game was finished.

Thanks for the input! :)
Sorry, one more question I forgot: Is there any reason to delay allowing Cassandra to join the gang when she starts asking every day? Does anything change there depending on how high or low her Love/Corruption points are? Or is it simply deciding when you want to kick off her arc or something?
And no, there is no reason in delaying it. It's just like you said, it starts off her arc, or training in the new update (as I included both options in the mod). Your points values are not important beyond which is higher, Love or Corruption to help determine which variation will present itself.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: RabidSloth

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
How do I Heart a comment more than once?! :D

So does that mean that Saddog is still around? And actually does have plans to eventually finish the game??

Speaking of fan requests, I don't know how it works with either incorporating fan art into your mod, or making new art for it. And I also haven't seen probably more than half of the available content. But if there isn't already some in the game, I'd personally really like to see some sexual (lesbian) interaction/family-fun between Nicole, Alexis, and Cassandra. Whether that means watching them live, through the hidden camera, or just during group sex. Not only for the art but also the steamy dialogue that could accompany it ("Mommy's little girl" and all that :devilish:).

Anyway though, I'd like to add the 10,879th voice of praise and appreciation for what you've done with this mod. As well as how consistently helpful and friendly I've personally seen you be many times on this thread. You are a shining example of awesomeness, good sir! (y)
Yes, I have mentioned this before, but I had requested some asset information from Saddog and he generously shared them with me and asked me to share them with anyone that asked for them. I posted those here in the asset thread. During that communication he mentioned that he was busy getting the last 2 updates done. So I do believe we have those to look forward to in the future. :D

I definitely have that kind of hijinks on list! When I add a scene to the game, be it fan-art or my own renders, I'm looking for scenes that look as close to the main game assets as possible, my own renders are still a work in progress on that front as well. I just want to try to keep the immersion in that world as much as possible. But admittedly, it's still broken as it's The Tyrant according to me as I'm writing the scenes and not Saddog. So it's more like I'm trying to keep it like the SAZMOD as possible. It has it's own style now at this point I think. Which some parts are good I hope, but some are definitely different, and maybe not to everyone's liking. So I try to vary things up a bit as I go.

But yes, we need more group scenes with the main cast. Right now in the story, Cassandra and Nicole know they are in things together because of the outing events. However, Alexis is still sort of on the outskirts of things as far as Nicole and Cassandra are concerned, at least in the main game. So I'm hesitant to add a big orgy with all three of them before she is introduced in the main game as part of the naughty MC's club, as it would break the storyline in a big way. But I have some ideas in mind for working around this for now. So it's definitely still on the list!

And thank you. :)

Reactions: codex983

Carpe Stultus

Engaged Member
Sep 30, 2018
I agree with you. There really isn't a reason to not become a gang member, or even really to delay becoming a gang member. I think that was something that Saddog might have been exploring a bit earlier on in his thought process when creating the game, but abandoned it later as it's required in most paths as you play.

I had left the requirements for those scenes the mostly the same to keep the parity between the main game and the mod closer together as it helps when updates are released. But you're right, it makes things a bit confusing when playing the game as there isn't actually a choice. I think I could fix that in the scene with Bruce and Davide at 8pm at the Front Door. If there is a little inner monologue with the MC should you choose the "Actual Job" option before hand where he justifies needing to join the game, and maybe I can add a scene where he talks about it to Nicole later, possibly a reaction scene in the morning, 7am Dining Room? I'll look into this.

I had originally created the second job option at the Club with Vivian as part of that option of not joining the Gang, but with many of the scenes requiring you joining the gang later by the main game, I didn't want to diverge so much before the main game was finished.

Thanks for the input! :)

And no, there is no reason in delaying it. It's just like you said, it starts off her arc, or training in the new update (as I included both options in the mod). Your points values are not important beyond which is higher, Love or Corruption to help determine which variation will present itself.
The only thing you should avoid is bringing cassandra into the basement at 10pm if you didn't reach a certain point with nicole yet..except you want to see the scene where nicole rips you a new one. :KEK:

4.90 star(s) 50 Votes