Ginji

Lightning Emperor
Donor
May 14, 2017
Hello everyone,

I‘m still alive. The reason in a short version why I was like dead: I lost my normal job unexpected, fell in a deep hole (also alcohol) and my brain was full of other problems. I needed to make a decision at the half-time of my life. And I made my decision. I‘ll do/try this as a full job.

I know that one of my main problems are communication, I‘m more a introverted person, but I know I must do better.

The first thing to do now is to get Version 0.9 ready for release, asap (a few days, but absolutely this month), to start the polls for the next version.

I‘m sorry for how I fucked this up and maybe the finished game or even 0.9 will give me some kind of remission.

saddog

patreon post

Ubik

Old man in a young body
Donor
Sep 8, 2016
Hello everyone,

>>I‘m still alive. The reason in a short version why I was like dead: I lost my normal job unexpected, fell in a deep hole (also alcohol) and my brain was full of other problems. I needed to make a decision at the half-time of my life. And I made my decision. I‘ll do/try this as a full job.

>>I know that one of my main problems are communication, I‘m more a introverted person, but I know I must do better.

saddog

patreon post
e02e5ffb5f980cd8262cf7f0ae00a4a9_press-x-to-doubt-memes-memesuper-la-noire-doubt-meme_419-238.jpg

Ginji

Lightning Emperor
Donor
May 14, 2017
updated galleries links

if an uploader or mod could update links in op
cheers

depechedNode

Oct 10, 2017
Hello everyone,

I‘m still alive. The reason in a short version why I was like dead: I lost my normal job unexpected, fell in a deep hole (also alcohol) and my brain was full of other problems. I needed to make a decision at the half-time of my life. And I made my decision. I‘ll do/try this as a full job.

I know that one of my main problems are communication, I‘m more a introverted person, but I know I must do better.

The first thing to do now is to get Version 0.9 ready for release, asap (a few days, but absolutely this month), to start the polls for the next version.

I‘m sorry for how I fucked this up and maybe the finished game or even 0.9 will give me some kind of remission.

saddog

patreon post
Sad to hear that he lost his main job, glad to hear that he's now working fulltime on the game. There's some damage done to his reputation and he lost patrons, but if he prooves that he's working really fulltime on this, regular releases and much better communication, then his patron numbers will grow even more than before for sure. I believe him and I want mooooore Nicole damn it, so good luck. : :p

zitadoxoto

Dec 22, 2018
This message was nice. Communication is easy really: just be transparent with your public. Take 5 minutes once a week to write about what's going on (especially if you are late on your schedule). Good luck Saddog! You are a talented dev, I am sure you can build something amazing and find your niche in lewd games.

ChimeraIrl

Nov 25, 2017
Speaking as an introvert, with bith depression and anxiety, i know how he feels and how hard it is to speak out when things aren't going according to plan. saddog I hope things improve for you mate and take your time as the game is worth waiting for so do what you need to do and don't worry about what anyone else says or does.

Sasuke92

May 3, 2017
I liked that message, that's all that was needed and I don't think you have to be an introvert to not say a couple of lines at best that there's a few things going on etc (especially on the internet which gives you full confidence anyway) but it's a bit weird that he's gonna focus on the game full time, does that mean the game's not ending soon?

Cuz I don't think he'll get as much success for his next game compared to the Tyrant - despite it's story flaws or whatever most of us come back for Nicole LOL and the hot renders.

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
its very odd that so many devs are so sick, mentally or physically.
they are that sick that they vanish from internet for months without giving care to anyone.
is that a common sickness that they stop functioning and stop using the internet?
in my life I have never encountered anyone that has been that sick to not use internet.
I have been sick, but even in sickness, I did have the energy to tell my friends or team, that hello, im sick, but Im gonna work a bit anyway. its not that im in a coma, maybe Im all tired and no energy, but to type "im sick, give me 1 week to recover".
no matter excuse, they are not dead, they can post 1 line.
so saddog is one of the many devs that did this. is it that hard to inform people your health status? im amazed.

Paz

Aug 9, 2016
so saddog is one of the many devs that did this. is it that hard to inform people your health status? im amazed.
Except he didn't mention any kind of sickness, but instead getting fired and (probably) falling in a depression spiral.
Which is slightly worse than catching the flu or whatever.

I'm pretty sure that in such a situation it's not that you are not able physically to inform random strangers on the internet that rely on you for their fap matieral (even if they're donating), it's more like it is the absolute last wagon in your train of thought.

OniChichii

Dec 2, 2019
really happy he is back in the game !! just hoping more scene without ntr and more with corruption =D. and a update walkthrough could be nice to check if we didnt miss anything

numanumani

Jan 9, 2018
Except he didn't mention any kind of sickness, but instead getting fired and (probably) falling in a depression spiral.
Which is slightly worse than catching the flu or whatever.

I'm pretty sure that in such a situation it's not that you are not able physically to inform random strangers on the internet that rely on you for their fap matieral (even if they're donating), it's more like it is the absolute last wagon in your train of thought.
But depression is a sickness, and can affect the body's physiology.
Definitely agree on it being worse than a typical flu though, since a flu usually* runs it's course over a week or two; A depression can be life long.

* Unless you're unlucky and it kills you.

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
I don't think you have to be an introvert to not say a couple of lines at best that there's a few things going on etc
Well believe it or not I know exactly how he feels with that and it's really not an easy thing to overcome I used to have this issue where I'd panic with trying to say something online it really is all about confidence over time you just have to be patient with people that have these difficulties.

Feb 7, 2018
its very odd that so many devs are so sick, mentally or physically.
they are that sick that they vanish from internet for months without giving care to anyone.
is that a common sickness that they stop functioning and stop using the internet?
in my life I have never encountered anyone that has been that sick to not use internet.
I have been sick, but even in sickness, I did have the energy to tell my friends or team, that hello, im sick, but Im gonna work a bit anyway. its not that im in a coma, maybe Im all tired and no energy, but to type "im sick, give me 1 week to recover".
no matter excuse, they are not dead, they can post 1 line.
It's because it's a job. A dream job to many developers, sure, but one where the only person that can keep you motivated and engaged in your work...is you.

There are no bosses to light a fire under your ass when you need it, no schedule that you have to follow and thereby be productive, no workplace culture that acclimates you to the needs of the job, it's all you. And communicating with your costumer base? It's all part of the job.

Entrepreneurship certainly isn't for everyone and being able to juggle the needs of your job and your personal life is hard when you have to organize your life from whole cloth. So what ends up happening, most times, it's that people burn out in a passion project that they weren't able to properly manage.

3.50 star(s) 120 Votes