Satyr90

Dec 23, 2020
What "traps and loops" are you talking about?
It's really simple to get through the available content, and the game itself gives you an in-game helper which tells you what to do.
*Note* The helper does have one game-breaking issue in the current version - Selling drugs in the basement with Cassandra can lead to a string of error screens, if it's turned on.

The only "trap" is that walkthrough and its author. Made by someone deliberately lying about an early game plot point. You can't make five deliveries. The game will automatically move on, becoming a gang member & getting into the basement, when you go talk to Bruce & Davide in the living room (8pm) after the second delivery. No third, fourth or fifth deliveries to do, only two.
One of the traps and loops I'm referring to is the fact that these authors are saying that you have to get five or six red packages BEFORE you start to sell them off in order to reach the required five sell limit. You can just sell two and join the gang if done directly however the author, and other gamers are telling everyone that you need to dodge that two limit by exploiting a loophole in order to unlock the full story and content. Apparently you need to keep getting the packages but don't start selling them until you have all five or six. Then one by one, every Tuesday and Thursday sell them off. It should take about three weeks in total to sell them all off. That is annoying and if that's the way to play the game in order to unlock all the storyline properly then the game author should just do that from the start in stead of just doing this.

Another "trap" I was referring to is the constant error messages I keep getting with Cassandra's Love route. I get that it's going to be fixed (most likely in the next update), but between the error messages with the help menu and taking Cassandra in the basement for "love" training, it's getting annoying. Those are just two quick examples off the top of my head.

I've already expressed numerous times in different posts in this forum that the way that the author presented the main story is very unorganized. It feels like you're unlocking a gallery and not experiencing a story. I'm not sure if I'd call this a Trap or Loop, but an example of some of my frustration is the current NTR paths are they're just messed up. NOT BECAUSE THEY'RE NTR, but because the dialog is mixed and confusing. The random scenes and the mixed dialog, where at one moment a girl is companionate family member and the next she's some submissive slut or she's humiliating you, loving the fact that she's turning you into a cuck. It'd be better if the character's dialog would be constant throughout the story and daily life. For example if your on the NTR path then reflect that in the dialog, rather than just have your mom cuck you at two am, then for breakfast she's just "oh, hi honey! Good morning!". It's really confusing and messed up. If she's going to treat you like a cuck then have her do so. If your relationship with one of the girls is NTR/cheating or open or whatever then reflect that. The constant personality swings with the characters is both confusing and preventing the author from telling a compelling story. I'm hoping that with time, editing, and perhaps more content that this game get's better. I think this game has potential, I'm just frustrated that it seems like most of the gameplay seems like me trying to hunt for Easter eggs or trying to find a hidden requirement rather than playing threw a great story.

For the record, I don't know if or what selling more of the drugs unlocks in the story. I know it's possible to sell more than two because I'm in the process of selling them. However I haven't completed the story while doing this path. So if I complete the game and I get no new scenes or dialog then I'll be the first to apologize. Until then, everyone, even in the walkthroughs are telling me to try to exploit a loop hole in the game to unlock the full story.

Last edited:
Reactions: numanumani

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
That is annoying and if that's the way to play the game in order to unlock all the storyline properly then the game author should just do that from the start in stead of just doing this.
It's not "the way to play the game" at all.
Do two, then automatically get in the gang. That walkthrough is made by someone who clearly hasn't been following this game.
You miss nothing for only doing two deliveries.

Another "trap" I was referring to is the constant error messages I keep getting with Cassandra's Love route.
That's not a trap... That's a consequence of playing an incomplete game that's currently in development.

I've already expressed numerous times in different posts in this forum that the way that the author presented the main story is very unorganized.
Don't worry, you're not the only one.
It's been that way for a very long time, and it's a consequence of his inexperience with making sandbox-esque games. His previous game, My Legacy, wasn't a sandbox like The Tyrant, but does have its own problems.

It feels like you're unlocking a gallery and not experiencing a story. I'm not sure if I'd call this a Trap or Loop, but an example of some of my frustration is the current NTR paths are they're just messed up. NOT BECAUSE THEY'RE NTR, but because the dialog is mixed and confusing.
Yeah, the sandbox style Saddog chose to go with really harms the game's story, purely because of his inexperience with developing a game and story in that kind of style.

I think this game has potential, I'm just frustrated that it seems like most of the gameplay seems like me trying to hunt for Easter eggs or trying to find a hidden requirement rather than playing threw a great story.
It definitely has potential, it's just unfortunate that Saddog was a tad too ambitious with the project.

For the record, I don't know if or what selling more of the drugs unlocks in the story.
For the record, nothing. No changes whatsoever.

The package deliveries are purely getting in (only need two) and the drug dealing after getting in, is purely for money, and money and stats with the women once you're far enough in.

I know it's possible to sell more than two because I'm in the process of selling them.
That's a glitch. Unintended behaviour based on how many used to be required before Saddog changed it (several versions ago) without properly closing-off the respective triggers between getting the boxes and making the deliveries.
It makes no difference to story/progression at all, beyond wasting your own time.

However I haven't completed the story while doing this path.
You won't see anything different in-game based on following misinformation.

So if I complete the game and I get no new scenes or dialog then I'll be the first to apologize.
You won't be completing anything for quite some time... I reiterate, this game is not finished yet.

Everything I and others have said, that contradicts what you've been lied to about by both defd and that walkthrough, are backed up by dozens of posts in this thread.
Between the repeated questions of idiots/lazy fucks, this thread (like so many others) has been bloated to such a ridiculous amount of pages, that actually having the intention of searching seems so daunting that too many don't bother.

Until then, everyone, even in the walkthroughs are telling me to try to exploit a loop hole in the game to unlock the full story.
"Everyone" is not telling you to do that. More people have spoken against that information, than have spoken in favour of it.

defd©™

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 6, 2019
Correct. My playthrough I only did 2 deliveries and then got in the gang
Yes you are right but it is also possible to sell more than 2 drug box
as you can see in this picture; I have 5 red boxes to sell--- Screenshot 2021-03-09 at 23.58.23.png
I'm not sure about this... because you are a gang member but even with the Basement Key you are not able to open the basement door at 11 pm and 00:00 AM
That is why I suggest to play the game by selling more than 5 boxes--

in any case the fact that the MC can only listen what is happening in the basement after 11:00 PM even if he has the Key and he is in the gang...
this is very strange...
here is the picture... the MC can only Listen ...
Screenshot 2021-03-10 at 00.20.03.png

if you try to enter you get this: Damn. locked again...
this is only because the game is in developing or is related to the number of sold packages?
Screenshot 2021-03-10 at 00.23.19.png

Last edited:

D Dog

Jul 31, 2018
Yes you are right but it is also possible to sell more than 2 drug box
as you can see in this picture; I have 5 red boxes to sell--- View attachment 1076246

I'm not sure about this... because you are a gang member but even with the Basement Key you are not able to open the basement door at 11 pm and 00:00 AM
That is why I suggest to play the game by selling more than 5 boxes--

in any case the fact that the MC can only listen what is happening in the basement after 11:00 PM even if he has the Key and he is in the gang...
this is very strange...
here is the picture... the MC can only Listen ...
View attachment 1076285

if you try to enter you get this: Damn. locked again...
this is only because the game is in developing or is related to the number of sold packages?
View attachment 1076298
try at 10:00PM instead of living room select the basement door after being a gang member and see if that helps.

dsc

Jun 23, 2017
I am getting the following error:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
ScriptError: could not find label 'casbasementtrainlove'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "D:\desktop\TheTyrant-0.9.4-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 316, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "D:\desktop\TheTyrant-0.9.4-pc\renpy\main.py", line 578, in main
run(restart)
File "D:\desktop\TheTyrant-0.9.4-pc\renpy\main.py", line 143, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "D:\desktop\TheTyrant-0.9.4-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 908, in run_context
context.run()
File "game/repeatings.rpyc", line 1086, in script
File "D:\desktop\TheTyrant-0.9.4-pc\renpy\script.py", line 898, in lookup
raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))
ScriptError: could not find label 'casbasementtrainlove'.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
The Tyrant 0.9.4
Wed Mar 10 10:43:32 2021

defd©™

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 6, 2019
try at 10:00PM instead of living room select the basement door after being a gang member and see if that helps.
AT 10:00 PM works but the scene is different and not related with what I'm talking about...

there are 2 different scenes in the basement..
I can access at 10:00 PM it is not a problem... but... the scene at 11:00PM and 00:00 AM
here you can only listen what's happening... and no access... but there are 3 options:
Look, Listen and OPEN... the only option that works is LISTEN...
Screenshot 2021-03-10 at 12.39.01.png
HERE you can listen but you cannot access even if you have the basement key
Screenshot 2021-03-10 at 12.39.18.png Screenshot 2021-03-10 at 12.39.28.png Screenshot 2021-03-10 at 12.39.42.png
Screenshot 2021-03-10 at 12.40.06.png Screenshot 2021-03-10 at 12.40.25.png Screenshot 2021-03-10 at 12.40.34.png Screenshot 2021-03-10 at 12.40.44.png

This is the scene that should be unlocked only if you sell more than 5 boxes...
or at least this is the scene that I'm trying to unlock since the first time i have played this game... that is why I have done a lot of research.. and i have found forums that explain that only after delivering 6 boxes maybe you will be able to have the access at the basement with your KEY!...
unfortunately in this version this scene cannot be unlocked..... you can only LISTEN... you can't LOOK--- you CAN'T OPEN
even if you have the key of the basement in your purse

I will try to find an older version ... maybe it will works.

defd©™

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 6, 2019
you can be a gangmember after delivery 2 boxes...
but in the older version there was a was to use the KEY of the basement only after delivering 5 or ore boxes...

This is what I'm trying to explain with my instruction...

for some reason in this version 0.9.4 even after delivering 5 boxes the scene that is in my previous post cannot be no more unlocked. (only listen option works as it happens after 2 boxes delivering)

D Dog

Jul 31, 2018
Try S A Z mod, he has a version of the NTR scene you can access the basement at 11PM. I don't believe I was ever able access the basement at 11 or 12 with saddog's version.

defd©™

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 6, 2019
Try S A Z mod, he has a version of the NTR scene you can access the basement at 11PM. I don't believe I was ever able access the basement at 11 or 12 with saddog's version.
I have tried
I don't like... it is made to go too fast
I'm talking about the ORIGINAL VERSION
where was required to sell more than 5 boxes to have access in the basement at 11:00 PM

defd©™

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 6, 2019
The point is not play modded version... in the saz mod there are dialogs that change the spirit of the original storyline and there are a lot of NOT original renders that are very bad!..
The point is follow the original story line to help saddog ...

Reactions: Holysix9

Thermophob

Apr 10, 2018
It's not "the way to play the game" at all.
Do two, then automatically get in the gang. That walkthrough is made by someone who clearly hasn't been following this game.
I just checked changelogs. Saddog changed number of deliveries from five to two, somewhere in 2018.... Few months before certain member registered here... :D

Reactions: Snugglepuff

defd©™

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 6, 2019
It definitely has potential, it's just unfortunate that Saddog was a tad too ambitious with the project.
this is just your speculation...
because the story line is READY... and saddog will finish this game when possible.
being ambitious is the only way to be better and saddog is one of the best ... and his game will get better and better ...
Ambition is what differentiates a true artist from the rest of the developers who only follow the advice of others for profit ... in fact this game is unique and different in a landscape where the rest of the games follow canons ... (harem .. . NTR avoidable ... or ramance .. incest etc etc) practically all tell about the same childish and boring story... when you start playing you already know how it will end ...
The Tyrant is the best

defd©™

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 6, 2019
I just checked changelogs. Saddog changed number of deliveries from five to two, somewhere in 2018.... Few months before certain member registered here... :D
I checked too... but I got this game from another torrent web site
I have found this web site just due to THE TYRANT SEARCHING

Reactions: xapican

Satyr90

Dec 23, 2020
That's not a trap... That's a consequence of playing an incomplete game that's currently in development.
In regards to Cassandra's love route, I didn't realize that was the ending of available content. I thought it was a glitch or error. Either way I'm not to concerned about it because as I said I was sure whatever it was it was either going to get fixed (if an error) with time.
You won't be completing anything for quite some time... I reiterate, this game is not finished yet.
I realize the game isn't completed yet I was speaking in terms of completing the game so far.
Don't worry, you're not the only one.
It's been that way for a very long time, and it's a consequence of his inexperience with making sandbox-esque games. His previous game, My Legacy, wasn't a sandbox like The Tyrant, but does have its own problems.
Yeah, the sandbox style Saddog chose to go with really harms the game's story, purely because of his inexperience with developing a game and story in that kind of style.
I'm glad that I'm not the only one pointing this out and like I said I was hoping with time, proper editing, and additional content this game could be great. I'm not attacking Saddog or saying this is a bad game. While I did enjoy the sandbox style to some extent I don't think that he is able to tell a story effectively with it. Perhaps it's his inexperience, I don't know, and I'm willing to give him time to work it out. However he cant create a world and allow the gamer to investigate issues with his girls, build relationships, join a gang, and rebuild his family. Only to have constant dialog whiplash where the mother is a loving mother in one scene then a submissive slut in another, or Alexis is all lovey dovey in one scene then perfectly fine with cucking you in another. Again, IF in a perfect world, the developer had the ability to allow the gamer to make choices in the game (corruption/love/NTR) and have those choices effectively change the world around them that'd be awesome. It could take the form of dialog changes and changes to characters personalities based on relationships. For example if you're in an NTR relationship is Alexis both her dialog and potential scenes would change to reflect that she is involved with David.
"Everyone" is not telling you to do that. More people have spoken against that information, than have spoken in favour of it.
Everything I and others have said, that contradicts what you've been lied to about by both defd and that walkthrough, are backed up by dozens of posts in this thread.
Between the repeated questions of idiots/lazy fucks, this thread (like so many others) has been bloated to such a ridiculous amount of pages, that actually having the intention of searching seems so daunting that too many don't bother.
I've already started the game using the glitch to sell more drugs so I might as well see it threw at this point, and again if I gain nothing then at least I can enjoy a good game (my issues with it aside). Like I said, I'll be the first to admit that I was wrong and apologize for the criticism with the whole unlocking the story and joining the gang issue if it turns out that I gained nothing.

Reactions: Snugglepuff
3.50 star(s) 118 Votes