Satyr90

Dec 23, 2020
If he would hand it over to someone else it wouldn't be the tyrant anymore, it would be something else because everyone has a different writing style + a different style of rendering. If you go and take a look at the SAZ mod, that adds extra scenes, you'll see that. Plus that it is his game so there is no reason for him to hand it to someone else unless he really wants to see it finished and isn't capable of doing so for what ever reason.

I get that it is disapointing that saddog handles the game how he does, but there is no way in changing it, especially not if he really suffers from depression. I wish he'd continue it too and i'm sure he will but he'll do it at his pace if he does.
I'm not demanding anything, but when you take in thousands of dollars in patreon only to ghost everyone you owe your supporters something. I get that there's circumstances that may prevent him from continuing the game temporarily however a simple message would be appreciated. Ghosting everyone is a shitty thing to do and saying "its his game".... well I genially believe he forfeited that when he took in thousands of dollars in patreon. With all that said, the spirt of the question I posed was if he's inconvenienced by something send a message, suspend any patreon contributions, or as a last resort hand off the project to the community that supported you.

Also I have played the SAZ mod and I do enjoy the extra scenes. However after checking out saddog's patreon I see that he does a lot of simple renders of the girls and it leaves me wondering why doesn't he just add a few scenes here and there himself? I get that he may have depression (and he should put his mental health first and foremost) but it's starting to seem (from my perspective) that he's milking the patreon and his supporting community. I love the game idea... the story, the characters, even the sandbox style and I wish he'd continue it. But seeing his unpredictable posting and everyone's cavalier attitude with his ghosting habits I'm not holding my breath.

Carpe Stultus

Engaged Member
Sep 30, 2018
I'm not demanding anything, but when you take in thousands of dollars in patreon only to ghost everyone you owe your supporters something. I get that there's circumstances that may prevent him from continuing the game temporarily however a simple message would be appreciated. Ghosting everyone is a shitty thing to do and saying "its his game".... well I genially believe he forfeited that when he took in thousands of dollars in patreon. With all that said, the spirt of the question I posed was if he's inconvenienced by something send a message, suspend any patreon contributions, or as a last resort hand off the project to the community that supported you.

Also I have played the SAZ mod and I do enjoy the extra scenes. However after checking out saddog's patreon I see that he does a lot of simple renders of the girls and it leaves me wondering why doesn't he just add a few scenes here and there himself? I get that he may have depression (and he should put his mental health first and foremost) but it's starting to seem (from my perspective) that he's milking the patreon and his supporting community. I love the game idea... the story, the characters, even the sandbox style and I wish he'd continue it. But seeing his unpredictable posting and everyone's cavalier attitude with his ghosting habits I'm not holding my breath.
To be honest the only thing a dev owes anyone on patreon is honesty, due to the actual business model of patreon, and he mentioned at least once that he suffers from depression. Is it a smart move to ghost his supporters? Fuck no, but non of us really understands how depression changes how someones mind works.

Ah reading the second part of your post i see the milking accusation again, which really kills any interest in me to hold a proper discussion. Keep thinking he only milks because its easier to do that....

Aaditya

Jul 2, 2020
Hey saddog...I loved this game and your ART. But I really hate you for abandoning this game. Atleast send some updates about the game and tell us if the game is really abandoned!

Reactions: ActiveShooter

uncleomf

Jul 3, 2021
To be honest the only thing a dev owes anyone on patreon is honesty, due to the actual business model of patreon, and he mentioned at least once that he suffers from depression. Is it a smart move to ghost his supporters? Fuck no, but non of us really understands how depression changes how someones mind works.

Ah reading the second part of your post i see the milking accusation again, which really kills any interest in me to hold a proper discussion. Keep thinking he only milks because its easier to do that....
Depression is just telling the mind that you are doing the wrong shit and you need to change. Maybe he had to stop with the game, maybe not. But I must say, ghosting is not appreciated by anyone.

Reactions: Satyr90

Satyr90

Dec 23, 2020
it's called a pattern of behavior. He ghosts people and keeps raking in money, then when he starts to lose supporters he pops back up and starts creating new content. If anyone questions it then "I have depression". I'm not saying he shouldn't get help but I'm also a natural skeptic. I don't just take shit at face value just because someone says it. How hard is it to say something like: "hey guys, I'm going through some personal stuff and need to take a break from the game. I won't be charging you anything if you want to keep following me. For the next few months I'm going to take a break from creating and take care of my mental and physical health. Thanks for your understanding." It's not hard... literally took me 10 seconds. That's it...

Jul 12, 2021
What he's doing is wrong, but if he's telling the truth then I know what it's like. I also have depression and every day when I wake up I don't want to get out of bed, I don't want to get up and I don't feel like doing anything. I unconsciously pull away and disappear from people's lives, but when I realize what I've done, I don't show up to give an explanation, because I feel ashamed that I can't get out of this situation on my own, and I don't have the strength to seek help.

kylemorre

May 29, 2018

the "I'm depressed" excuse is something patreon devs do all the time. It's not a reason, just an excuse to not do the work they are being paid for.

Asecino

May 16, 2020
Is there any mods , or fan made games of this , consisting nicole and davide ??? Plz suggest me some except jd and saz

Marphey

May 13, 2019
What he's doing is wrong, but if he's telling the truth then I know what it's like. I also have depression and every day when I wake up I don't want to get out of bed, I don't want to get up and I don't feel like doing anything. I unconsciously pull away and disappear from people's lives, but when I realize what I've done, I don't show up to give an explanation, because I feel ashamed that I can't get out of this situation on my own, and I don't have the strength to seek help.
But still i have to get up and go to work regardless my personal feelings otherwise i will get fired and have no money.

dE_VoYd

Apr 3, 2018
People rn arguing why he abandoned it , why not pass the flame to someone else and here I'm wondering why everyone calling him 'sad dog' instead of 'saddo'.
Was I living in illusion all these days !!

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
and here I'm wondering why everyone calling him 'sad dog' instead of 'saddo'.
Was I living in illusion all these days !!
Sort of... Username is saddoggames - sad dog games - but most refer to him by the shortened form of "saddog".

Well, we're looking at a pretty recent update now, and his last post on Patreon was just March 21st, so that's not so long.‍♂
Long enough that the thread automatically got the Abandoned prefix added again, almost a month ago. Which would make it the third time now, with the previous time being the current longest at almost one year since the previous update.

megadux

Nov 12, 2019
Well, we're looking at a pretty recent update now, and his last post on Patreon was just March 21st, so that's not so long.‍♂
We are in july and no sign of life from him. He is earning 994,01 € / month (see saddogames on patreon.com) just doing nothing. His "demons" are nice investment those days...

Reactions: candycrab

Carpe Stultus

Engaged Member
Sep 30, 2018
the "I'm depressed" excuse is something patreon devs do all the time. It's not a reason, just an excuse to not do the work they are being paid for.
So you are a psychologist?

But still i have to get up and go to work regardless my personal feelings otherwise i will get fired and have no money.
Except that he is self employed and if his patrons decide to pay him money while not working on his game its their choice.

3.50 star(s) 120 Votes