Lord Soth

Mar 8, 2020
Communication definitely should have been better. At least an update to Patreons "About us" page, so that people don't sign up for a game that will never finish.

But to get this straight. You went to a pirate site, to steal from an indie dev who put thousands of hours into his work.
And you cry river about unfairness because of a few dollars?

Give me that violin when you are done.
Personally if people want to give their money to a dev who just sits back and takes it while maintaining complete silence, then that's their loss, especially if they are aware the dev is doing this. I don't pay this dev, true, so it doesn't affect me. It's more the fact that the dev has been silent over the last 2 years, stills visits this thread and takes the money with no communication.

On the other hand there are also devs on here who communicate with their supporters, pause their Patreon when updates aren't coming out and that, you can respect. If this dev got burnt out, had family/life problems (like we all do)...a simple statement would have been nice for his fanbase: "Sorry, I'm too burnt out to continue this game". That way people would be aware, but then that would have affected his Patreon numbers much faster. The fact that this dev visits this thread quite often over those 2 years and still does not make any statement is more a middle finger up at anyone who supports him. There are devs on here who have lost loved ones and still left an update before going dark.

Yep, I am a pirate but I also do support 2 devs on here who I find are deserving of it. So, should threads here only be for praise of devs?

Shitting on your fanbase from sites like F95 is pretty dumb since we often are the ones who support the games from the beginning, as well as making up a good number of that dev's Patreon supporters I imagine. Devs like DPC enjoyed that support until he got big enough to ditch his pirate supporters (and now he hates us :KEK:). BD over at WVM fucked over his fanbase for years but made the big mistake in making ridiculous and never-ending excuses over updates that never came when he promised or were chopped down a fraction of the size...and he rightfully incurred the wrath of his fanbase, losing many in the process.

But hey, I shouldn't complain by your logic, let's just keep quiet if devs take the piss out naive supporters, and in this case, ones who keep thinking he would come back.

The real shame is how close this game is to completion. The dev could probably have wrapped it up with only a couple of more updates.

TL;DR: Without us scurvy Pirates on here, many devs would be sunk in the water with little followers/support for their games and also the financial contribution from those who became Patreon followers. Criticism on here is to be expected if you earn it with sketchy behavior.

Last edited:

E_O_N

Creator of Winter Warmth & Karma
Game Developer
Jan 31, 2021
What would interest me as a dev. This game, after all those years, seems to have still those interested in it. Why?
Also why do you think it never was financially successful, even though it was one of the games with the most traffic in f95?

buff

May 29, 2017
What would interest me as a dev. This game, after all those years, seems to have still those interested in it. Why?
I suspect a lot of the people who followed it were doing so because there are not many well-made NTR games.

In my specific case I actually played it with NTR disabled, purely because I thought (a) the girls were gorgeous and (b) the incest slow-burn was done properly. For taboo to really be taboo, it has to be a little scary to those involved; the MC did a good job of really showing how the girls involved were so reluctant while still being sexy and eager. Overcoming the reluctance (in this case, through drugs and being an asshole) took time and was sexy to observe. If I was a self-insert type I'm not sure I'd have liked the MC very much, but I play as an observer so I found it pretty erotic.

I was also intrigued by the hints that he'd be moving toward my favorite kink, lezcest; the story never quite got there (other than a background shot or two during a basement orgy scene) but it was definitely headed that direction. That particular fetish coupled with slow-burn and reluctance is pretty fucking hot.

Also why do you think it never was financially successful, even though it was one of the games with the most traffic in f95?
My guess is the NTR tag scared off a ton of people. Additionally it was also a buggy mess (events triggering randonly, scenes out of order, etc) and the dev himself was a bit erratic. Basically the only things the game had going for it was (a) pushing some under-served fetish buttons and (b) great art. The writing was mid-tier, but the rest of it was a mess.

Basically, the game never appealed to that many people, but those who did play it were pretty loyal.

Check out the game Light of My Life for another example of a community being crazy loyal despite some bad developer practices. The girls are not very attractive (deliberately!), the release schedule is insanely slow, and the dev is a bit of an odd duck (putting weird pro-f95 pirate cosplay scenes in middle of the game, for instance). However, it hits an underserved fetish (lezcest) and _really_ nails the slow burn. That is enough to get people (including myself) to keep sending him a few bucks even after 12+ months of no releases.

Last edited:

E_O_N

Creator of Winter Warmth & Karma
Game Developer
Jan 31, 2021
I suspect a lot of people followed it because there are not many well-made NTR games.

In my specific case I actually played it with NTR disabled, purely because I thought (a) the girls were gorgeous and (b) the incest slow-burn was done properly. For taboo to really be taboo, it has to be a little scary to those involved; the MC did a good job of really showing how the girls involved were so reluctant while still being sexy and eager. Overcoming the reluctance (in this case, through drugs and being an asshole) took time and was sexy to observe. If I was a self-insert type I'm not sure I'd have liked the MC very much, but I play as an observer so I found it pretty erotic.

I was also intrigued by the hints that he'd be moving toward my favorite kink, lezcest; the story never quite got there (other than a background shot or two during a basement orgy scene) but it was definitely headed that direction. That particular fetish coupled with slow-burn and reluctance is pretty fucking hot.

My guess is the NTR tag scared off a ton of people. Additionally it was also a buggy mess (events triggering randonly, scenes out of order, etc) and the dev himself was a bit erratic. Basically the only things the game had going for it was (a) pushing some under-served fetish buttons and (b) great art. The writing was mid-tier, but the rest of it was a mess.

Basically, the game never appealed to that many people, but those who did play it were pretty loyal.

Check out the game Light of My Life for another example of a community being crazy loyal despite some bad developer practices. The girls are not very attractive (deliberately!), the release schedule is insanely slow, and the dev is a bit of an odd duck (putting weird pro-f95 pirate cosplay scenes in middle of the game, for instance). However, it hits an underserved fetish (lezcest) and _really_ nails the slow burn. That is enough to get people (including myself) to keep sending him a few bucks even after 12+ months of no releases.
Thank you for your perspective and elaborate explanation.
If a lot of people followed it because there are not many well made ntr games, shouldn't it have had more revenue, regardless of it's issues?
If we take a look at big brother, ntr man, there is certainly a paying market for ntr.
So why did they decide not to support saddoggames?

I will certainly check out Light of My Life. A game with that many supporters, looking like this, has to be exceptional in some sense.

buff

May 29, 2017
If a lot of people followed it because there are not many well made ntr games, shouldn't it have had more revenue, regardless of it's issues?
Sorry, I phrased that poorly. What I was saying was that of the people that followed, a lot of them were probably doing so because of the NTR tag. And since there is very little supply of NTR (real NTR cucking fetish shit, not just "a penis exists other than the MC's") those people following for NTR were very loyal/

If we take a look at big brother, ntr man, there is certainly a paying market for ntr.
So why did they decide not to support saddoggames?
I've never heard of "NTR Man". I did play "big brother" a long time ago, and I don't recall NTR being a major theme. I could be wrong though.

I will certainly check out Light of My Life. A game with that many supporters, looking like this, has to be exceptional in some sense.
It is, actually. It's a strange game but one that was done with a lot of effort. I'd be happier if the girls were more traditionally attractive, but if I want lezcest I have to take what I can get.

Jan 26, 2020
Can someone tell me how can I get this scene or is this some sort of art ( fanart kind of thing )
Plus is there a scene where Nicole fucks the fat guy from the saloon
He does slpa her ass on the cafe
If there is plz tell me how can I get it

Dzeris

Nov 4, 2018
Can someone tell me how can I get this scene or is this some sort of art ( fanart kind of thing )
Plus is there a scene where Nicole fucks the fat guy from the saloon
He does slpa her ass on the cafe
If there is plz tell me how can I get it
bottom right corner tells that those are not game images.

lupoqb

Aug 14, 2019
I noticed from the images in the dining room that the mother and the daughters can be naked. How do I activate the sans-clothing view?

gfot

Jun 14, 2019
I don't know what your bar for financial success is, but the Patreon subs were worth over 3k per month at some point.

jaxon304

Aug 3, 2022
This was kind of a crazy game. Lots of repeated scenes and inconsistent story lines, but the not-mom and not-older sister were attractive. The general idea was good. As far as these games tend to go, it was in the upper echelon overall imo

Reactions: Fiatos

Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020
I noticed from the images in the dining room that the mother and the daughters can be naked. How do I activate the sans-clothing view?
I had a look, and I can not find those pictures referenced in the scripts, neither in Sazmod, or in the original.
I'm assuming the renders were done before the content was actually finished and implemented.

You could, replace the game's pictures with those manually, by simply renaming them to the other ones instead, bit tedious, but there aren't that many :)

Just like the dancing girl in the nightclub, her stats can be changed in the gym or by cheating, but there are only 4 dialogues with her, and seemingly no content.

Grick Rimes

Mar 14, 2018
57 people, £160 per month... That's basically being paid nothing at all.

Those 57 people probably forgot they were even being billed for his Patreon, because he hasn't produced anything for over two years.
Saddoggy disappeared during the C19 crap........His blog is gone. His patreon has no updates since 2021. Honestly, I'm beginning to think he died in all the pandemic crap.... i hope not! I hope I'm wrong and saddoggy is just out there living a great life on some tropical island with half naked men or women tending to the every need of the internet celebrity formerly known as Saddoggy..... like when you were 7 and your mom told you that your dog went to go live on a farm. I'm choosing to believe Saddoggy is on a tropical island some place, without one single care in the world.

• Sad
Reactions: XD7
3.50 star(s) 120 Votes