FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
VR explains the 3+gb. Too bad I can't download something that big, nor do I have VR capabilities. lol

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
VR has nothing to do with it, Beta 25 is full of new content.
However or whatever, the average VR game is always bigger than the average non-VR game, at least from everything I've seen on this site. It's common to see Unity or Ren'Py games around 600mb - 2+gb, but most games I see that break the 3gb mark are VR. High quality renders and tons of text can easily add to the size, but I haven't really seen any VR games under 3gb. And to be honest, most of the ones I run into are 6-10gb. lol (this of course referring to games on F95...as I know UE can get pretty big...Modern Warfare was 175gb, but that was in IW 4.0 lol)

Reactions: HazaRealGamer

HazaRealGamer

Jun 3, 2021
However or whatever, the average VR game is always bigger than the average non-VR game, at least from everything I've seen on this site. It's common to see Unity or Ren'Py games around 600mb - 2+gb, but most games I see that break the 3gb mark are VR. High quality renders and tons of text can easily add to the size, but I haven't really seen any VR games under 3gb. And to be honest, most of the ones I run into are 6-10gb. lol
That is correct, big games usually have VR, but not because they are VR they have to be big. That is a good observation.

Reactions: FookU2

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
That is correct, big games usually have VR, but not because they are VR they have to be big. That is a good observation.
My whole point, though, was that due to it being above 3gb, I really can't download it. Sucks to have to regulate data, but maybe that will improve soon when money gets less tight. But, I tend to see "VR" and just block the thread so it doesn't hurt my feelings every time it shows up in searches. lmao

Homo_Erect_Us

Oct 16, 2021
VR games usually have high quality textures because low res texture looks like crap on VR. Unless someone knows some great compression trickery it will always be a little bit bigger in size. More content can sometimes mean more new textures added so that will add to the size. However if you compare this game to something like VAM, it's really tiny in size. Lets not forget the sound part. More sound files there is in a game, more size. Compressing Unity games is harder than other games or so I hear. It's already compressed.

madmit

Jun 4, 2017
That's extremely sad. But they say smth about 'google translate' you know...
And "ничего по-вашему " btw.

Apr 28, 2018
Man I wish someone would make a game like this but YOU'RE strained while the villains have their way with you.
Maybe developer behind this game could do something like that when the game ever gets completed. I wouldn't mind laying in bed with my VR headset while enjoying the experience ;)

Reactions: ShrekTheOgre

peytine93

Oct 10, 2020
Does anyone know how to Toggle Hands / Laser Aim on a Mac?
Right mouse click would normally be ctrl+click, but this interferes with Toggle Crouch.
Many thanks in advance!

3.60 star(s) 37 Votes