Ren'Py The Wants of Summer [v0.20 Patreon] [GoldenGob]

3.70 star(s) 21 Votes

sexyegg

Nov 20, 2018
A lot of people use Notepad ++
Is this required to get the brenda beach scene? I went into the scene files and I am guessing that is the new scene? I dont seem to have anything left with her to do, unless there is prereqs with the other characters or I have to have the patreon code in there. Do you need the patreon code to get the brenda scenes or no?

gobman

Oct 20, 2017
If you guys started from a previous save, then going back to just before chapter 1 ended should resolve your issues. Variables do not update with saves sadly, I may have to find a work around in the future for this problem.

gobman

Oct 20, 2017
If you guys started from a previous save, then going back to just before chapter 1 ended should resolve your issues. Variables do not update with saves sadly, I may have to find a work around in the future for this problem.
This is all solved if you start a new game and choose "Start from last update".

sexyegg

Nov 20, 2018
Altering the patreon code to 1 bugs all patreon scenes and they dont load. even in new game

Ramagar

Nov 19, 2017
Is this required to get the brenda beach scene? I went into the scene files and I am guessing that is the new scene? I dont seem to have anything left with her to do, unless there is prereqs with the other characters or I have to have the patreon code in there. Do you need the patreon code to get the brenda scenes or no?
Notepad ++ and Unren are 2 of many programs that people use to edit renpy files.

giantsquidboy

Oct 2, 2018
where in the 0 varable.rpy file in what line do i put to set Patreon_On = 1. for it to unlock pateron stuff. because it kept coming as errors

Ramagar

Nov 19, 2017
where in the 0 varable.rpy file in what line do i put to set Patreon_On = 1. for it to unlock pateron stuff. because it kept coming as errors
It is in the game folder as 0Variables. Use Notepad ++ or some other editor to edit it. Search Patreon_On to find it.

EDIT: It is line 236

sexyegg

Nov 20, 2018
I changed the variable and all the patreon scenes come up as errors on both a new game and old saves

VertXXX

Feb 26, 2018
I changed the variable and all the patreon scenes come up as errors on both a new game and old saves
Yes because he erased the parts of the code the patreon stuff actually jumps to in this build. Have to wait for that version to actually release.

You can view the videos and images for these parts in the Game folder though, but you'll be missing the dialogue to go with it so it's not as interesting.

Crimson Fire

Mar 12, 2022
So this is yet another game with QTE that haven't programed for high end systems. The text is also way too small for high end monitors with high resolutions.

Ren'py's game engine uses frame rates to time QTE so when you do hundreds FPS in Ren'py the QTE are over as soon as you activate the event.

The navigation system is shit, do people not understand basic concepts of movement? When i enter a room and look around an arrow pointing back towards me should only ever go back the way i came not forward into a new room. There is no logic to the navigation system. I shouldn't have to hunt around for the navigations points they should ALWAYS be visible and highlighted. No one care about your bloody room renders, so stop trying to make them pristine. put navigation "bubbles" with words and pics to access any room in the house. I don't need to go from room to hall to stairs to room to yet another room. It adds nothing to the game and just slows down things.

Reactions: Simulacrum29

gobman

Oct 20, 2017
So this is yet another game with QTE that haven't programed for high end systems. The text is also way too small for high end monitors with high resolutions.

Ren'py's game engine uses frame rates to time QTE so when you do hundreds FPS in Ren'py the QTE are over as soon as you activate the event.

The navigation system is shit, do people not understand basic concepts of movement? When i enter a room and look around an arrow pointing back towards me should only ever go back the way i came not forward into a new room. There is no logic to the navigation system. I shouldn't have to hunt around for the navigations points they should ALWAYS be visible and highlighted. No one care about your bloody room renders, so stop trying to make them pristine. put navigation "bubbles" with words and pics to access any room in the house. I don't need to go from room to hall to stairs to room to yet another room. It adds nothing to the game and just slows down things.
There's a fast travel system on the phone now.

3.70 star(s) 21 Votes