Ren'Py The Wants of Summer [v0.21 Patreon] [GoldenGob]

3.70 star(s) 22 Votes

Ikariusrb

Mar 21, 2018
Release is completely broken. Downloaded 0.19p, started new game (so not broken because of save mixing), Got through naming Brenda, and game starts throwing exceptions.

Untitled.png

Reactions: Varimatras

SAHC

寝取られ
Uploader
Donor
Aug 23, 2017
Whoever uploaded the patreon version was too impatient.
It's the version you have linked in your Discord Patrons and Substars channel which got uploaded last night. So it seems the mistake is with your moderator that uploaded it.

gobman

Oct 20, 2017
It's the version you have linked in your Discord Patrons and Substars channel which got uploaded last night. So it seems the mistake is with your moderator that uploaded it.
Yeah then I took it down almost immediately and uploaded a fix.

SAHC

寝取られ
Uploader
Donor
Aug 23, 2017
It's still there, and the moderate is still asking if it's broken. The one in your Discord atm, is the one here.

Ikariusrb

Mar 21, 2018
So the links in the first post have been updated? Because the filename appears identical...

EDIT: Confirmed, the links have been updated since I downloaded before, and the new file(s) are different size, so yeah, I just happened to download while the links were still broken before.

Last edited:

Alanray64

Jan 28, 2022
Interesting game, just a lot of repetition and a few unknown quest stuff. No sure where I am up to atm, but am stuck on the below...

In particular, the main quest -

-Find the women? What women? Is that alluding to all women in this AVN?
-Avoid attention and bypass security? Like wtf is that even on about? A future thing???

Liz Route -
Liz bath? Does she ever bathe? Never seen her since she moved in and jumped in bed one night.

and Knowledge? Well it definitely aint at school as that class gives nothing so is there a solution out there?

Apart from these 3 issues (So Far) it is entertaining.

Last edited:

Ultralazuli

Jul 8, 2018
Be specific.
my kneejerk reaction is to be childish and say "i refuse", but i'll try... (tired af rn so forgurve)

a lot of stuff is just kinda, dropped on the player without any sort of of tutorialization or foreknowledge. in fact i'm pretty sure the only things given any sort of forewarning are liz' racing game minigame, and that you'll be going to college, but college doesn't work past the first interaction, neither does anything with the teacher past the first day of college.

the clickables for money are sometimes visible, often invisible
there are a couple instances where a character name is mislabeled when speaking
the quest marker (!) is very shy and only shows up when there are quest changes it seems, but not for all quest changes. i also can't figure out how to make it appear otherwise.
every great now and then a character will exist in 2 different locations, usually attributed to a quest or something.

as for design, i'm not sure what the dev used to render this, but there are very noticeable polygonal seams and sharp edges where...well, where you really wouldn't want them. maybe it's because of the oversized assets? the girls are attractive, sure, but it makes me feel like i'm playin a sims 3 story. also, gotta ask, why am i stealing from my home? and if i'm doing that, why is there an arbitrary "Enough for today" preventing further looting? Narratively bizarre and backwards. I'm not sure if the dev intended to institute a job system or not, but that seems likely.

ed. seems like there is a job thingy, but strangely enough it didn't tell me how much i got. additionally it seems if i pull up the quest thing, i can click on other interactables in the scene, not sure if it breaks anything.

Last edited:

gobman

Oct 20, 2017
my kneejerk reaction is to be childish and say "i refuse", but i'll try... (tired af rn so forgurve)

a lot of stuff is just kinda, dropped on the player without any sort of of tutorialization or foreknowledge. in fact i'm pretty sure the only things given any sort of forewarning are liz' racing game minigame, and that you'll be going to college, but college doesn't work past the first interaction, neither does anything with the teacher past the first day of college.

the clickables for money are sometimes visible, often invisible
there are a couple instances where a character name is mislabeled when speaking
the quest marker (!) is very shy and only shows up when there are quest changes it seems, but not for all quest changes. i also can't figure out how to make it appear otherwise.
every great now and then a character will exist in 2 different locations, usually attributed to a quest or something.

as for design, i'm not sure what the dev used to render this, but there are very noticeable polygonal seams and sharp edges where...well, where you really wouldn't want them. maybe it's because of the oversized assets? the girls are attractive, sure, but it makes me feel like i'm playin a sims 3 story. also, gotta ask, why am i stealing from my home? and if i'm doing that, why is there an arbitrary "Enough for today" preventing further looting? Narratively bizarre and backwards. I'm not sure if the dev intended to institute a job system or not, but that seems likely.

ed. seems like there is a job thingy, but strangely enough it didn't tell me how much i got. additionally it seems if i pull up the quest thing, i can click on other interactables in the scene, not sure if it breaks anything.
Thanks, posts like these are actually very helpful. Please can more people do this ITT.

Last edited:

Ultralazuli

Jul 8, 2018
Thanks, posts like these are actually very helpful. Please can more people do this ITT.
Tbh, I'm glad it was helpful(?) but i seriously question the validity and constructive quality of any statements i make. either way, gud on yas?

Bahamut Zero

Engaged Member
Apr 27, 2017
Guys can someone explain to me the difference between the various versions? Because once I downloaded the patreon version, once the public and now I read paid? So now I feel a little confused @_@

Just to understand so as not to ruin the saves. Also which of the three versions has incest?

Thank you

Reactions: Eduardo Torres
3.70 star(s) 22 Votes