Ren'Py Abandoned The Watch [v0.4] [Whisper Gaming]

3.00 star(s) 4 Votes

Mirewen

Aug 28, 2017
Game needs a walkthrough or something to know what the hell you're suppost to be doing.
Might need a patch to get rid of the roommate stuff.
graphics are solid. However being already a 1.7 Gb file for nothing really happening... Guess it's going to be one of these grinding games which just use up a lot of space. Who need 4k images anyway...
Change the tag of the game in RPG instead of VN.... makes people choices for downloading a lot easier.
just clicking the time forward clock to advance the game... Not a good demo.

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
I don't think an "end of content" popup would work in this game.
What I think would be best is something like:
v01:
2 changing, 1 shower, 1 tanning, 2 sleeping images for girl #1 (that show nudity)
2 changing, 2 shower, 1 bath, 1 room, 1 tv, 2 hot tub and 2 tanning scenes with nudity

Another thing to think of is adding an image counter for each girl in a menu (maybe in the laptop) that grays out what you're missing so you know what's left to get? That might be a project for a few days but we have lots of games with that feature.

playb0y44

Compressor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
Here's my compressed version.

Note: This is an unofficial modified version of this game so if something goes wrong it goes wrong ;)

Image/audio/video quality is reduced to make this smaller. This is not a perfect process and sometimes can break a game. You've been warned so no complaining.

The Watch [v0.1] [Whisper Gaming] - Original Size: 1.72 GB

Download Win (107 MB): - - -

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Dank Quixote

Jan 1, 2019
After a short intro taken from "under house arrest," you just wander the house with nothing to do other than repeat 4 or 5 dialogue choices with exactly the same text. Literally a waste of time.
Keep trying to unlock their doors. You increase your sneak skill when you succeed.

That's all I've figured out so far.

Reactions: Canto Forte

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
Could you be a little more specific?
Not sure what bugs he is on about I never came across any in my playthrough in fact pretty much bug-free (y) interesting game I'll certainly be keeping an eye on it the models are great just a lack of anything to do right now but that is to be expected, I usually dread the sandbox type of games but this was pretty good and easy to navigate, nice work so far.

SolarGuy

Jul 24, 2018
Models look interesting but kind of curious what "Monsters" the game description is referring to. No Horror or NTR tags.

Edit: OK tried it. Can't really recommend this v0.1 version. Spent days roaming the house trying to talk to people and getting this 90% of the time:

Thanks, you saved me the struggle!

Reactions: Darkmetal

ILCjr

Dec 27, 2018
It didn't really draw me in. The way that it is done, just did not really peak my interest in the game.

t77

Apr 18, 2017

Version 0.2 Release!
Alternate Links:

You shouldn't expect a huge update, after so little time. But with the smaller file sizes, we felt is was enough to make it worth a download to save you some hard drive space. Plus, we've added some core elements to the game we want you to see. It hasn't added a lot of content in itself, but it's going to affect a lot of content going forward.
As always, thank you to everyone for your support. We couldn't do this without you.
Changelog:
Bug Fixes: Small stuff. Fixed an error interpolating strings inside other interpolated strings. Variable changes. Check for player cheating and automatically fixing stuff they break by doing so. Etc.
Image format was changed for smaller file sizes.
Basic achievement support. No list of available achievements to check, but it'll tell you when you get one.
Added arrow key controls.
Added weather that affects variables and scheduling.
Content: New dialogue. Beginning stages of quests for 4 of the girls. Added images for cleaning, but haven't expanded, yet. (It ties into later stages of said quests.) Added weekly therapy and basic rent and income control.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
I don't think an "end of content" popup would work in this game.
What I think would be best is something like:
v01:
2 changing, 1 shower, 1 tanning, 2 sleeping images for girl #1 (that show nudity)
2 changing, 2 shower, 1 bath, 1 room, 1 tv, 2 hot tub and 2 tanning scenes with nudity

Another thing to think of is adding an image counter for each girl in a menu (maybe in the laptop) that grays out what you're missing so you know what's left to get? That might be a project for a few days but we have lots of games with that feature.

Devs had this to say ::

3.00 star(s) 4 Votes